Lucasfilm is threatening to make a Lando movie

Reaction score
The milking of the Star Wars universe is in full affect. I love Billy D as Lando, but Don Glover as Lando in his own movie?

Question: Is there any first or secondary character that SHOULDNT get their own movie? If so, who? I guess I’m asking if a stand alone Lando movie isn’t going to far, what would you consider too far?

Ps I dont think a Han Solo movie was a good idea and it feels terribly unnecessary even if some of the trailers and teasers look hopeful. It’s just so excessive

Reaction score
I don't think threatening is the right word....

Though....please no Lando movie. I think Solo can easily double (triple?) as a Lando and Chewie film.

There are plenty who shouldn't get a film IMO.

Maul(I'd love this but he had his story told in animation)

Vader(I think he already had a few films....)

Honestly the only character film I want is Obi Wan. Maybe Boba.

Reaction score
It should have been a Lando movie in the first place. However from what I hear Solo is pretty amazing and Glover is amazing as Lando.

So yeah i'm all for it.

Star Wars has a history of doing stories about every single character, there is even a story about Darth Vaders Glove... spoiler it time travels

no I am not making that up

Reaction score
Ok, so what’s your answer to my question? Where do you draw the line?
I say the line isn't who it should stop with but with quality. Just like with the Marvel movies as long as they keep making high quality entertaining movies I am fine with them. Don't care if its a character i've never heard of as long as its a good fun movie i'm all for it.

Reaction score
Eh. I'll complain and go see it anyway. These Star Wars Story movies are the future of Star Wars cinema for me. I don't acknowledge The Last Jedi so for me the proper Saga ended with the last scene of TFA. It's over. So they can keep pumping out those side stories once a year for all I care - it will give me something to see at the theater. If it's a well made Lando film I'm down. I was in the "why the **** do we need a Han Solo movie" camp but as we get closer I'm really looking forward to it. Whatever - let them make a Han Solo trilogy with a whole bunch of Childish Landino.

Reaction score
They clarified that it isn't in the works. That said, Kennedy is a lunatic and the sooner she's fired, the better.

Reaction score
They clarified that it isn't in the works. That said, Kennedy is a lunatic and the sooner she's fired, the better.
Yea it was clarified like 5 minutes after the fake news made it's rounds on all the sites.

Still fun to complain though.

Reaction score
LOL apparently you thought a new character name was a good idea.
The milking of the Star Wars universe is in full affect. I love Billy D as Lando, but Don Glover as Lando in his own movie?

Question: Is there any first or secondary character that SHOULDNT get their own movie? If so, who? I guess I’m asking if a stand alone Lando movie isn’t going to far, what would you consider too far?

Ps I dont think a Han Solo movie was a good idea and it feels terribly unnecessary even if some of the trailers and teasers look hopeful. It’s just so excessive

Reaction score
Yea it was clarified like 5 minutes after the fake news made it's rounds on all the sites.

Still fun to complain though.
yup fake news, like almost immediately debunked. but here we are
There was nothing that indicated this was “fake news” prior to LFL “clarifying” the statement. The reason they bothered to clarify is because there is an element of absurdity to it, considering Solo hasn’t even hit theaters yet. The reason why it was believed despite its absurdity is because Kathleen Kenneally has made similar “on the fly” decisions before, like giving Rian Johnson an entire trilogy before his first Star Wars movie has even hit theaters.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Eh. I'll complain and go see it anyway. These Star Wars Story movies are the future of Star Wars cinema for me. I don't acknowledge The Last Jedi so for me the proper Saga ended with the last scene of TFA. It's over. So they can keep pumping out those side stories once a year for all I care - it will give me something to see at the theater. If it's a well made Lando film I'm down. I was in the "why the **** do we need a Han Solo movie" camp but as we get closer I'm really looking forward to it. Whatever - let them make a Han Solo trilogy with a whole bunch of Childish Landino.
I agree, this is exactly how I feel.

Reaction score
Threatening was sarcasm
You’ll find that sarcasm is as foreign a concept to grasp around here as any women posters participating on a regular basis LOL

An entire film dedicated to Childish Gambino… The level of insufferable arrogance, self-righteousness, entitlement, identify politics-lecturing, White male-shaming, and this person’s ego-stroking would be through the roof… Yay… Can’t wait...

I’d actually look forward to Kathy kowtowing to Childish Gambino’s vanity project. I’m sure his Lando will be performing his very own compositions while we’re at it. PC-America/Hollywood/BillBoard are already slavishly drooling over his “This Is America” track, and praising his video as if it were some newly discovered Rosetta Stone for mankind. Childish Gambino is America’s new saviour and all-deserving not only of his own SW feature, but a trilogy.

(BTW, Solo does look to be a fun story. I still can’t get over the bland vanilla leads leads [Childish Gambino included]. But there’s no denying the dense, smoky 70s Black Power visuals look like a fun time— loving Thandie’s Foxy Brown afro. Will definitely check it out sometime— just not anytime soon.)

Reaction score
I just saw the video for the first time. Childish Gambino, is doing quite well for himself in this terrible country.

I didnt know why people were considering boycotting Solo, now I see.

What a clown. Count the amount of times he says “i” in the song. Tells the story right there.

“Get that money” childish gambino....

Reaction score
You’ll find that sarcasm is as foreign a concept to grasp around here as any women posters participating on a regular basis LOL

An entire film dedicated to Childish Gambino… The level of insufferable arrogance, self-righteousness, entitlement, identify politics-lecturing, White male-shaming, and this person’s ego-stroking would be through the roof… Yay… Can’t wait...

I’d actually look forward to Kathy kowtowing to Childish Gambino’s vanity project. I’m sure his Lando will be performing his very own compositions while we’re at it. PC-America/Hollywood/BillBoard are already slavishly drooling over his “This Is America” track, and praising his video as if it were some newly discovered Rosetta Stone for mankind. Childish Gambino is America’s new saviour and all-deserving not only of his own SW feature, but a trilogy.

(BTW, Solo does look to be a fun story. I still can’t get over the bland vanilla leads leads [Childish Gambino included]. But there’s no denying the dense, smoky 70s Black Power visuals look like a fun time— loving Thandie’s Foxy Brown afro. Will definitely check it out sometime— just not anytime soon.)
He (Donald Glover) seems to be a talented person. I'm just as annoyed as anyone about the whole PC/over sensitive/etc movement in this country but talent is talent. I've never seen him in Atlanta or whatever his show is but from what I understand the guy has been a successful stand up comic, musician, actor and writer. Whether you can identify with "This is America" (which I don't) or even not agree with the "message" (personally - eh) can't take away the fact that it is a conversation worthy piece of media.

I don't think anyone wants or believes that there will be a Lando Calrissian movie - but I could see additional Han Solo movies with an extended emphasis on Lando. If Glover plays the part well so be it.

Reaction score
He (Donald Glover) seems to be a talented person. I'm just as annoyed as anyone about the whole PC/over sensitive/etc movement in this country but talent is talent. I've never seen him in Atlanta or whatever his show is but from what I understand the guy has been a successful stand up comic, musician, actor and writer. Whether you can identify with "This is America" (which I don't) or even not agree with the "message" (personally - eh) can't take away the fact that it is a conversation worthy piece of media.

I don't think anyone wants or believes that there will be a Lando Calrissian movie - but I could see additional Han Solo movies with an extended emphasis on Lando. If Glover plays the part well so be it.
Conversation worthy it is. Whether you agree with it, identify with it, think it's self-aggrandizing, whatever... it certainly is a conversation that is long overdue.

I'm no SJW and I'm just a simple guy, but if any person feels the way this video feels it's a travesty in this great nation. It's as deep or as shallow as you want to make it, but if you only take it at face value, you probably aren't ready for the conversation.

Reaction score
“Get that money” childish gambino....
Of course LOL

I don’t find him untalented… Just that it’s that brand of talent that doesn’t stand out nor impress me— much like Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Justin Beiber etc They’re just as “talented”...

I adore rap/hip hop/R&B, and his music never impressed me, so his talent is very subjective. And his brand of political observation is no more insightful nor confounding than Beyonce’s Lemonade and its accompanying videos.

His personality and ego is insufferable though. I get that a God-like ego is typical for a rapper and nothing new, and that’s nowhere more idealized than with someone like Kanye LOL Except Kanye at his very best (Graduation, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Watch The Throne), the work is on par with the ego. Childish is nowhere on that level— not even of the same dimension.

I don’t have an opinion of Childish’s Lando since I haven’t seen Solo. He’s not a bad actor; he was funny in Community— but so were the entire cast (especially the two women). But there’s something very telling when people whom also haven’t seen the film, were already praising how cool and how his Lando already is their fav character… So desperate to be seen as PC with their gushing over a performance of a character they haven’t even seen. I adore Thandie, and she does look great in the posters, but I’ll reserve my opinion of Val until I’ve seen what she’s all about.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Conversation worthy it is. Whether you agree with it, identify with it, think it's self-aggrandizing, whatever... it certainly is a conversation that is long overdue.

I'm no SJW and I'm just a simple guy, but if any person feels the way this video feels it's a travesty in this great nation. It's as deep or as shallow as you want to make it, but if you only take it at face value, you probably aren't ready for the conversation.

Talent is a separate “conversation” than the SJ “conversation”.

When that word is used, it usually means group a is going to tell group b how righteous group a is and how bad and wrong group b is.

There are people counting on you being just a simple man. That video is not a “conversation”, that video is an accusation on many different things. And he’s making a nice chunk of change while he’s at it.

Reaction score
no, they clarified it because it was.... fake news. For a month the press has taken outta context some of Howards comments and ran w/ them = there's to be a Solo trilogy, this spun from that, everything's a progression. I knew about IX before VIII was scripted, so yeah planning a film happens years in advance, nothing absurd in that. And, why would they wanna pull attention from the next spin off already deep in pre-production? (as told to me by a model maker last month on all of the current SW films)
There was nothing that indicated this was “fake news” prior to LFL “clarifying” the statement. The reason they bothered to clarify is because there is an element of absurdity to it, considering Solo hasn’t even hit theaters yet. The reason why it was believed despite its absurdity is because Kathleen Kenneally has made similar “on the fly” decisions before, like giving Rian Johnson an entire trilogy before his first Star Wars movie has even hit theaters.

Last edited:
Reaction score
maybe nothing, but a film that's supposedly not a good idea and terribly unnecessary appears to have some content that's not such a bad idea or unnecessary.
Not that Im agreeing with you, but if I liked the name(again not that I’m agreeing with that assumption)....what does that have to do with anything?

Reaction score
maybe nothing, but a film that's supposedly not a good idea and terribly unnecessary appears to have some content that's not such a bad idea or unnecessary.
It’s sarcasm. Scissor punch is a horrible name

Last edited:
Reaction score
well, I'm guessing it's like Sleazebaggano, a take on the character's actual name that fits more into his behavior/appearance/habits... what he goes by, a nickname. Some alien dialects/names can't be translated into basic. I only recently learned sleazebaggano was a play on his real surname, not that hes an alien, but you get it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok, so what’s your answer to my question? Where do you draw the line?
They've already crossed my line. So it's moot anyway.

The only way I'd accept a "Lando" Movie, is if it played out as a direct sequel to Solo. And had the same ensemble of characters, with a new Villain and story. But I'm not interested for a Lando movie just for the sake of it, simply because it seems cool.

If they want to use these movies to introduce new characters and springboard new stories, fine. But We don't really need to milk every character for a movie. Otherwise, why not make a TV series set in Wuhur's with a bunch of Aliens sitting around a bar talking about nonsense? :p

Reaction score
it's the hip thing to do today for celebs...
Talent is a separate “conversation” than the SJ “conversation”.

When that word is used, it usually means group a is going to tell group b how righteous group a is and how bad and wrong group b is.

There are people counting on you being just a simple man. That video is not a “conversation”, that video is an accusation on many different things. And he’s making a nice chunk of change while he’s at it.

Reaction score
LOL every episode is a different alien's tale, like the Mos Eisley book
They've already crossed my line. So it's moot anyway.

The only way I'd accept a "Lando" Movie, is if it played out as a direct sequel to Solo. And had the same ensemble of characters, with a new Villain and story. But I'm not interested for a Lando movie just for the sake of it, simply because it seems cool.

If they want to use these movies to introduce new characters and springboard new stories, fine. But We don't really need to milk every character for a movie. Otherwise, why not make a TV series set in Wuhur's with a bunch of Aliens sitting around a bar talking about nonsense? :p

Reaction score
well, I'm guessing it's like Sleazebaggano, a take on the character's actual name that fits more into his behavior/appearance/habits... what he goes by, a nickname. Some alien dialects/names can't be translated into basic. I only recently learned sleazebaggano was a play on his real surname, not that hes an alien, but you get it.

Reaction score
LOL @ not ready for this conversation and somehow Childish Gambino in his infinite wisdom is bringing the light to us lowly commoners… How extraordinary patronizing.

No. This “conversation” is already being discussed— whether by Kendrick Lamar, Solange or even Beyonce in the last few years. Or going back to the roots of hip hop/rap, Chuck D, Grandmaster Flash, KRS-One, Q-Tip etc Childish is not bringing anything new to this “conversation”— other than seeing an opportunity to get that money while those that need to feel superior to anyone that may be critical of such topics and issues are immediately dismissed as bigots. racists etc. to enforce the “us vs them” mentality.

Apologies for straying a tad off topic. But in terms of should he actually get his own feature film, then yes— I absolutely feel he will be injecting his own brand of self-importance. self-righteousness and a whole lot of his ego into Lando, the likes of which were never part of Billy’s portrayal: OG Lando always came off effortlessly charming and casually refined, not this caricature of some Big Daddy Kane-type that Childish Gambino seems to be mugging for on the posters.

Reaction score
GQ will make him man of the year soon... you know like Kaepernick and his socks w/ pigs portrayed as police......man of the year.
LOL @ not ready for this conversation and somehow Childish Gambino in his infinite wisdom is bringing the light to us lowly commoners… How extraordinary patronizing.

No. This “conversation” is already being discussed— whether by Kendrick Lamar, Solange or even Beyonce in the last few years. Or going back to the roots of hip hop/rap, Chuck D, Grandmaster Flash, KRS-One, Q-Tip etc Childish is not bringing anything new to this “conversation”— other than seeing an opportunity to get that money while those that need to feel superior to anyone that may be critical of such topics and issues are immediately dismissed as bigots. racists etc. to enforce the “us vs them” mentality.

Apologies for straying a tad off topic. But in terms of should he actually get his own feature film, then yes— I absolutely feel he will be injecting his own brand of self-importance. self-righteousness and a whole lot of his ego into Lando, the likes of which were never part of Billy’s portrayal: OG Lando always came off effortlessly charming and casually refined, not this caricature of some Big Daddy Kane-type that Childish Gambino seems to be mugging for on the posters.

Reaction score
Jeeze someone really takes what Donald Glover does really personally lol

Reaction score
funny I heard on a different SW platform, from many folks how awful DG treated fans & ignored many at the Solo premieres, he's losing more fans than he's gaining it seems lately.

Reaction score
Jeeze someone really takes what Donald Glover does really personally lol
Oh God no-- nowhere nearly as what he seems take what he does as so enlightening and transcendent. His arrogance way way way overweighs his “talent”.

Reaction score
Oh wow this got 3 pages since I Last looked at it, I wond-

Oh. The usual.

I made a mistake. Sorry.

Last edited:
Reaction score

lol! That’s is a pretty funny read my friend.

I was also in the camp of ‘...why a solo movie..?’

But I’ll always watch any SW movie that comes out, regardless of how much I disliked the last one. I have my tickets to Solo for next Thursday, & I’m mildly excited.

As for the op on a potential Lando movie...

...idk. It’s just like the Solo movie. It’s like...ok? Cool. This could be good..but..why?? I feel like there’s a multitude of better options out there.

For example:

Kenobi - Make a movie centered around old man Ben when he was watching over a young Luke, & have the movie be about Maul tracking Kenobi down & have them have a much longer duel then they had in Rebels.

Yoda - I love the idea of a Yoda movie, maybe show a younger Yoda train a young Dooku, who was the Order’s most promising student ever, at the time, which is somewhat ‘shown’ in the novel ‘Dark rendezvous’ via flashbacks. However with that being said, I have ZERO confidence that Disney wouldn’t screw it up tbh.

Mace Windu - a movie based on the novel ‘Shatterpoint’ would be simply amazing. Check it out if you enjoy reading.

A bounty Hunter movie centered around Boba Fett & Bossk, Aura Sing, maybe Cade Bane etc would be awesome.

A Plagueis movie based on the novel would be incredible. It’d be an origin story movie for both Plaguies & Sidious. Plagueis finding & training Palpatine in the ways of the dark side, powers sure, but also how to use the power of manipulation & scheming & all that. Which Plagueis was a master at. It’d also show Sidious finding & training Maul, while he was still an apprentice of Plagueis, manipulating midichlorians to actually create anakin, discovering how to again, manipulate midichlorians to be able to bring people back from the dead, which he actually does in the novel, etc

Any Old Republic movie, ah, would also..be amazing

Revan, Malak, Malgus, Nihilus, etc

Last edited:
Reaction score
Unfortunately because of Lucasfilm, JJ Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy, and Rian Johnson, you can’t talk Star Wars movies without talking politics because real world current politics have been injected right into the middle of it. They all have made overly political commentary in the films and in interviews. Star Wars is a vehicle for politics. It’s sad. It’s not a matter of “don’t go off topic and talk politics in Star Wars”. It’s “If you’re talking Star Wars, you better be talking politics and it better be the right politics or else”.

Reaction score
Unfortunately because of Lucasfilm, JJ Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy, and Rian Johnson, you can’t talk Star Wars movies without talking politics because real world current politics have been injected right into the middle of it. They all have made overly political commentary in the films and in interviews. Star Wars is a vehicle for politics. It’s sad. It’s not a matter of “don’t go off topic and talk politics in Star Wars”. It’s “If you’re talking Star Wars, you better be talking politics and it better be the right politics or else”.
You do know that A New Hope is a metaphor for the Vietnam war right? With the empire being the Nixon admin. This is from Lucas himself