Lucas Sells Star Wars?

Reaction score
Like I mentioned to my friends earlier - Disney also bought Marvel, and before that acquisition the movies sucked. Now look at how powerful and successful the Marvel franchise is! Hopefully this will usher in a bold new direction for Star Wars. I'm a little saddened too, but we're getting Episode 7 in 2015! Two questions on my mind - 1. will Hasbro retain the toy licensing and 2. Will they get Ford, Fisher and Hamill to reprise their roles in Episode 7?

Reaction score
I'm kinda excited. I would love to see the thrawn trilogy made into films. I loved those books. Or courtship of princess leia. That would b awesome w the rancors . So many great things could be done.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am hoping that this will be good... Like Bosski said.. look at Marvel and how they are doing.
Also Disney has been masters at movie making. Look at Pirates of the Caribbean....Look at Pixar movies..

U enjoy them all so..... plus they have the financial backing....
Course 2015 seems quick to crank out a movie but....

Does that mean Celebration VII is in 2015????

Reaction score
I'm kinda excited. I would love to see the thrawn trilogy made into films. I loved those books. Or courtship of princess leia. That would b awesome w the rancors . So many great things could be done.
THRAWN TRILOGY! That was the first thing I thought of for the movies too. Courtship would be good too.

Darth Ray

Reaction score
Wow! I'm excited that we'll be getting NEW stories that we may know nothing about already. Unlike Eps I, II, and III. My kids who are right now 4 and 6 will be just the right age in 2015 for their first Star Wars movie on the big screen!

Reaction score
Think of the toys that will be there for collectors when there are new movies again, not trying to sell the 422nd Luke figure to kids who barely know who Luke is.

Reaction score
Notice how George said they were going to make Star Wars and "other movies." I wonder if they are going to go the same route as Marvel/Avengers and make the Episode movies but also some other character movies. A Boba Fett movie would be awesome!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Well that's a bummer, considering its the trilogy that brought star wars back for many : ( maybe they're lying : /

Reaction score
Let me get this straight. They just announced Star Wars Episode 7 and people are 'angry', 'frightened', 'saddened' and feel like part of them has died. What kind of Bizzaro-world SW boards am I on?!? LOL

As far as 7, 8 & 9 go, personally I'm glad they're not adapting stories from the EU. As long as the Maker is with us, I want these to be GL's stories from his story treatments and his 'treasure trove'. I loved the Zahn trilogy, but they can always go back and adapt novels. That would indeed be awesome....someday.

New Star Wars movies. Thank the Maker! And let the speculating begin!

Reaction score
Notice how George said they were going to make Star Wars and "other movies." I wonder if they are going to go the same route as Marvel/Avengers and make the Episode movies but also some other character movies. A Boba Fett movie would be awesome!
Howard the Duck 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
My Opinion

Personally, I am excited about this news. Disney has the money, manpower, and popularity to make anything a success. Steve gave the example of reviving Marvel. I can give another example: they successfully revived The Muppets! Their new movie was a mega-hit, and quite good! I don't think they will rush anything along with Star Wars for a sub-standard product. That being said, I think 2015 is a bit aggressive if they do not already have a script in mind. 2012 is pretty much over...

BTW, for anyone who did not see Conan O'Brien last night, you MUST watch. The videos can currently be viewed online:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/02/conans-star-wars-vii-director-audition-tapes_n_2063752.html?utm_hp_ref=comedy
Definitely destined for Tom's next DVD!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think for me it is just my disdain for Disney as a company in general. It was a pretty big shock for sure. But I do like the idea of 7,8, and 9 being from Lucas' treatments and his involvement not being nearly what it was in the prequels. I'd personally like to see an approach like Irvin Kershner took with Empire. A guy that isn't a 'yes' man and keep Lucas from wanting to add dance numbers or stepping in poop jokes. I am looking forward to the movies as I think they will fall under the Disney name but will not necessarily be made by Disney itself, but rather the Lucasfilm division. Disney being the owner just sort of overshadowed the joy of new movies for me. Once that wears off, I will still be there opening day.

Reaction score
I think this is great news. From the sounds of it Lucas wasn't interested in making any more movies anyways so people with more energy towards it can hopefully come up with something great. I am curious where they are going to draw there material from and how it will affect the canon of Star Wars that is protected pretty heavily. Should be fine so long as no one travels in time and screws everything up.