Lt. Callahan - VC#***

GNT

Reaction score
Also in the pipeline for the Vintage Collection to fly the newly announced E-Wing is Lt. Callahan:

full

I gotta admit I did not know this character’s name before today. Feels surreal to be getting her.

I’m down for it, though. I use to love collecting Rebel pilots during the Legacy Collection days, so it’s nice to be getting a new one. Although, I guess she’s a New Republic pilot, whatever.

Hard to tell from the image, but it looks like she's wearing something closer to the Resistance flight jacket over the Rebellion-era suit (The Resistance jacket is fluffier). I'd be thrilled if that were the case, there weren't a lot of Resistance pilots released that didn't have the terrible banana visor.

Does this mean we could get a Jess Pava figure in the future?

Interesting it's a Pipeline, must be too early in the design phase for prototype? Because if it were mostly reuse one would think they'd already have one ready to go. That said, eta is December so it's likely still in development. It would have been nice if they had shown the actual figure or 3D model to get an idea what the rest looks like though. I'm curious what her legs will look like.

Hard to tell from the image, but it looks like she's wearing something closer to the Resistance flight jacket over the Rebellion-era suit (The Resistance jacket is fluffier). I'd be thrilled if that were the case, there weren't a lot of Resistance pilots released that didn't have the terrible banana visor.

Does this mean we could get a Jess Pava figure in the future?
Yeah, it's a blue OT X-Wing flight suit (although notably different from the Blue Squadron flight suit) and helmet with the ST vest and chest pack. I think it works as a good way of showing this as a transition period with new gear starting to come in while old gear hasn't been phased out. You see the same at Teva's base, some are wearing a combination of different suits and gear.

Not sure if I'll get the figure but this thread is off to a pretty entertaining start!

As of now she really is nobody with barely any screen time, versus several of the OT Pilots we've gotten/wanted over the years. And with dialog for some. I don't even remember this person all that much as she certainly didn't stand out, perhaps she'll become something more in the future but it seems she was posted on Lothal and unless we go back there what are those odds?

That aside it possibly makes way for other Female Pilots that have had a bit more screen time, and frankly speaking I feel Connix deserves a figure over this character. But hey, it is what it is, and we're getting it because it's Ahsoka related.

I hope with this being backgrounder will show more slots being opened up for other pilots, and minor characters.

Would love Lt. Connix, Captain Porter, or New Republic Security troops.

..well there is another 4 pk coming. So while a 4pk of imperial Commandos (Mando s3 finale) would be super cool, a 4pk of ST era republic pilots using Poe and Callahan molds may be reasonable. Just don't put Carson in a 4pk (unless it's an individually carded 4pk)

I hope with this being backgrounder will show more slots being opened up for other pilots, and minor characters.

It's an interesting choice I'll give them that, I mean here we've been requesting Peli for how long with repeat appearances? As well as Carson Teva, and a few others who pop up time to time. Yet they go with something so new and possibly the least requested, IDK, a strange direction really in the face of people these days feeling like characters of Baylan and Shin aren't even guaranteed. And out of the blue here comes Callahan! lol

It's an interesting choice I'll give them that, I mean here we've been requesting Peli for how long with repeat appearances? As well as Carson Teva, and a few others who pop up time to time. Yet they go with something so new and possibly the least requested, IDK, a strange direction really in the face of people these days feeling like characters of Baylan and Shin aren't even guaranteed. And out of the blue here comes Callahan! lol
I'll take it!

At times, I feel like Hasbro does make these seemingly arbitrary choices when it comes to character selection, and we find ourselves asking why they made certain characters over others, but, generally speaking, there’s often a reason behind it. For instance, Peli never got made (yet at least) because of the nature of her character being a disheveled, middle-aged female human mechanic, but she could’ve been released with the N1 starfighter since she built it or around the same time it was released, but then again, she never actually flew the ship herself. The Mythrol seemed like an arbitrary choice too (why not Frog Lady instead?) but you could argue it’s because he appeared in the first episode, is an alien, and interacted with the Razor Crest. But, then again, Frog Lady appeared prominently in a few episodes, was also a new alien, and interacted with the Razor Crest as well.

..well there is another 4 pk coming. So while a 4pk of imperial Commandos (Mando s3 finale) would be super cool, a 4pk of ST era republic pilots using Poe and Callahan molds may be reasonable. Just don't put Carson in a 4pk (unless it's an individually carded 4pk)

I agree pilots would be a neat 4-pack. My concern too would be if we get one named character like Porter, and then three generic pilots. It’s an ideal solution to not have Porter take a main slot, but it does reduce the ability to army build.

I would’ve thought the HK droids would be one of the 4-packs this year, but I’m not so sure anymore. The other one I was thinking could happen is a 4-pack of Season 3 background Mandos.

Definitely picking her up! This line is missing fighter pilots.

That Poe really isn't a good figure. I love the character but the figure kinda sucks and really isn't up to any modern standards at all. And the articulation points he does have suffer from poor range of motion. Putting that one back out and asking people to pay anywhere near standard msrp is a big ask. Finn suffers those same issues. I thought he was a baffling pick for a repack.

Not even that she’s a female but among other background characters they could have done so much better. I’m sure some collectors welcome a new pilot but as someone who’s not interested in the E ship thing I really don’t care about her

I prefer her to be in the box. While I don't mind having her, I think she would join the other female characters hanging out with Lando at retail.
That's assuming she's a mainline release.
I wish the line was successful enough to put something obscure like this in every WalMart and Target in the country but if they can't do that for Count Dooku it's probably not going to happen for her.
I imagine she's headed to the Fan Channel or maybe even Pulse exclusive.

1) Hasbro releases an E-Wing with no pilot. Fans complain: "Nice job, Hasblow! You give us a ship and no one to pilot it! Morons!"

2) Hasbro release an E-Wing with a pack-in pilot. Fans complain: "Nice job, Hasblow! Now I have to buy an entire ship just to get this figure! Morons!"

3) Hasbro releases an E-Wing and its pilot separately. Fans complain: "Nice job, Hasblow! Who asked for this figure ahead of all the 10 figures I personally want instead! Instant pegwarmer! Morons!"

There's literally no way to win.

Last edited:
I’m sure some collectors welcome a new pilot but as someone who’s not interested in the E ship thing I really don’t care about her
I'm plenty interested in more Pilots, just not ST looking ones. I can easily put any OT/EU pilot into the E-Wing. That said, if she features a removable helmet than I can always head swap it onto a base figure that I do like. Side note, I really hope this isn't a foreboding that a future 4-pk of Pilots is all ST themed attire.

1) Hasbro releases an E-Wing with no pilot. Fans complain: "Nice job, Hasblow! You give us a ship and no one to pilot it! Morons!"

2) Hasbro release an E-Wing with a pack-in pilot. Fans complain: "Nice job, Hasblow! Now I have to buy an entire ship just to get this figure! Morons!"

3) Hasbro releases an E-Wing and its pilot separately. Fans complain: "Nice job, Hasblow! Who asked for this figure ahead of all the 10 figures I personally want instead! Instant pegwarmer. Morons!"

There's literally no way to win.
1707691530904.png

I hope this opens the door to some New Republic / Resistance pilots and officers, as I'd like Connix and a few others as well! I really like the existing 5 POA figures, such as Paige - such a great sculpt, but I'd be happy to see some ST era figures in TVC for a change.

I’m curious why someone would buy this forgettable character without also getting the ship
Some people may like pilots and might want to get all pilot figures.
Some people may want to get any New Republic characters, because there are basically none.
Some people may like female figures, which are still (relatively) rare.
Some people may like the "Ahsoka" show and want to get all figures from that.
Some people may want to use it for customs.
Some people are straight up completists.

Is that enough?

Back