Love my ROTS collection

Reaction score
I can't see how these figures wouldn't be worth anything down the road. What about you guys? Such a distinct package and look to them and same goes with ships/vehicles. I've kept them in the plastic cases ever since I boughten them in 2005 to keep them in great shape. Love this hobby.

Reaction score
I personally don't care about value "down the road" I love collecting as a hobby and not as an investment. I open pretty much everything. IMO the big majority of the modern stuff (POTF2 to date) will not be worth anything in the future. Only the true vintage stuff is worth something and will be in the future.

Reaction score
Dang...I guess I'm going to keep them in the case/package. I like the look I guess.

Reaction score
I have the entire set of the ROTS and I love the look also. I have every variant, exclusive and regular version of every figure in the ROTS star cases hanging on my wall. It was a fun line to collect, espicially all the Target exclusives like the clone troopers with 2 different star cases from the case, the lava reflection vader and obi wan, the lava reflection vader in armor... just all of them are great.

I just care about the apperances, I don't care about value down the road either. If it happens, great, if not, I had a blast with getting this line and getting the star cases for them.

Reaction score
This line is still my favorite after all these years, it offered enough to please both collectors and children. It was somewhat a "fad", where it was popular during 2005 but quickly became antiquish the following years, so no, I don't think they will be worth much in the future.

Reaction score
I liked the fact they were $5 first then got as low as 4.50. I did a lot of army building!!!

Reaction score
This was the only Star Wars line that I collected every basic figure. I tried to keep up with the variants lol

Reaction score
I loved the line, but those sharp corners on the cardbacks are hard to keep straight and the tape on a few has started to peel back over time. This would have been perfect if they were heat-sealed like before - I might have even tried to get a few graded.

Reaction score
For a mass-released line of figures associated with a major film, the quality of the toys that came out in this line was definitely above average. Most of them were easy for me to find, with the exception of the Battle-damaged?! carded DV, which I never saw anywhere.

One of the coolest toys in the line was the boxed/blister-packed battle-damaged DV on the operating table - very cool toy, with great accesories.

Reaction score
Have both and still in the package. Yes, very cool toys. Love the operating table. Kids are begging to play with it. LOL

Reaction score
Well, my ROTS collection is down by 1 figure now. I took my chewbacca that I bought in Germany (packaging variant) and got it autographed by Peter Mayhew. So now I am in need of a Chewbacca to hang on my wall MOC. Ha ha, the things I do. I have a huge hole in my collection now that is VERY noticable. So off to the classifieds I go.

Reaction score
I definitely have fond memories collecting this line. I remember hunting almost every day. It was good times.

Reaction score
King_Maul said:
I definitely have fond memories collecting this line. I remember hunting almost every day. It was good times.
For me, not only hunting everyday, but also at least finding something to buy once a week. I was dumping serious money into Hasbro back then.

Reaction score
Jedi_Eeth_Koth said:
King_Maul said:
For me, not only hunting everyday, but also at least finding something to buy once a week. I was dumping serious money into Hasbro back then.
Yup, ain't that the truth. Hasbro had to have been getting serious cash from us collectors during ROTS.

Reaction score
I remember the day these hit stores, I visited my local Wal-Mart and Toys R' US and there were collectors all over the place going through every peg like wildfire, it was awesome. I met a lot of great collectors in the stores when these came out and as they kept releasing waves I would run into the same people time and time again in the aisles. Man, those were some good times.

Reaction score
The ROTS line is definitely underrated. It's far from my favorite SW line (my top ones would be TVC & The Legacy collection, among others), but the figures/vehicles are well-done, and, overall, I find the line far superior to the figures that were released for EP1 (1999) and EPII (2002).

The detail/articulation on the ROTS figures was especially impressive, and the vehicles are, for the most part, amazing. I especially enjoy the unique ones like the V-wing Starfighter & the huge ARC-170 Starfighter.

I'm also very impressed by the "wounded Darth Vader" playset, i.e. the platform that includes the wounded/disfigured Vader figure - very good detail here.

Also, ROTS is probably my favorite PT film since it links up to the OT the most out of all of them, i.e. Obi-wan giving baby Leia & Luke to Owen on Tattoine, seeing Darth Vader & GM Tarkin for the first time in the films (chronologically), the beginnings of the Death Star, etc.

Reaction score
this was the first midnight madness that I attended with my wife... such great memories. I remember standing in line at the TRU in East Brunswick NJ with her and she was jumping up and down outside getting herself psyched to enter the store and be among the first to grab the new stuff.. she kept asking me while we waited online if I had a "game plan" and was shocked when I said no.. just grab what you can get and we'll sort it out later as we go along. the look of shock in her eyes that me the SW Nerd has no battle plan of attack.. lol

I was able to get the majority of everything I was looking for as well as the HTF "Vader Potato Head" figure for her. that may have been my favorite MM to date. I miss her more and more everyday but I have millions of great memories to keep me going... so the ROTS line will always hold a special place for me in my heart as it was also released the year we got married.

Reaction score
Great White Shark capitol of the United States
I have a love/hate kinda thing with this line. Some of my favorite figs of all time and my least favorite all in one carded action figure run. Seriously

Commander Bly is one of my all time faves and I prefer his sculpt and articulation to newer clone figures and the Ki Adi Mundi is another of my favorite figures. His soft foods cloak, remove able belt, head sculpt are awesome, Agen Kolar and Plo Koon are very well done, #41 clone is legendary as well as:
- Zett Jukessa
- polis Massa
- Liminara Unduli
- Tarkin
-light saber slash anakin ( my kids and I had many MANY adventures with him)

Then there are the figures from the line that make me cringe when I look at them:
-Utapau Warrior
-Vader medical droid
-Neimoidian Guard
-wookie warrior with action feature
- palpatine
- palpatine
- a few others

i traded the ones that didn't appeal to me and bought multiples of my favorites. The packaging looks awesome IMO. The lava/ Vader design is unique, which is a credit to HASBRO.

Reaction score
Ah, the ROTS line. It is what got me into Star Wars collecting. My first purchase was a Battle Droid. I loved the packaging and even though I have since sold everything the ROTS line holds and special place in my heart.