Lordy Lordy, it's Area Reports 40!

Reaction score
Hi all hope everything is well with everyone. I came across some new figures to me at TRU. 12 figures from the phantom menace. Will retun the few i got from walmart. They still had lots more at tru 65. I went through my collection to see what I am missing and Its got holes all over. Not sure what has been released though. Was hoping some of you might be able to let me know what has come out or not so I can hit up ebay or something.

Missing..

VC28 - Wedge Antilles ( i know this one was tough and may be coming later? )
VC52 - Rebel Fleet Trooper ( i need to look for this one, i thought i had it )
VC54 - Captain Fordo
VC56 - KithabaVC57 - Dr. Evazan
VC58 - Aayla Secura
VC59 - Nom Anor
VC60 - 501st Clone Trooper
VC66 - Salacious Crumb
VC67 - Mouse Droid
VC68 - Echo Base Trooper
VC69 - Bastila Shan
VC71 - Mawhonic
VC72 - Naboo Pilot
VC73 - Aurra Sing
VC74 - Gungan Warrior

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi all hope everything is well with everyone. I came across some new figures to me at TRU. 12 figures from the phantom menace. Will retun the few i got from walmart. They still had lots more at tru 65. I went through my collection to see what I am missing and Its got holes all over. Not sure what has been released though. Was hoping some of you might be able to let me know what has come out or not so I can hit up ebay or something.

Missing..

VC28 - Wedge Antilles ( i know this one was tough and may be coming later? )
VC52 - Rebel Fleet Trooper ( i need to look for this one, i thought i had it )
VC54 - Captain Fordo
VC56 - KithabaVC57 - Dr. Evazan
VC58 - Aayla Secura
VC59 - Nom Anor
VC60 - 501st Clone Trooper
VC66 - Salacious Crumb
VC67 - Mouse Droid
VC68 - Echo Base Trooper
VC69 - Bastila Shan
VC71 - Mawhonic
VC72 - Naboo Pilot
VC73 - Aurra Sing
VC74 - Gungan Warrior
Hi,

Only a few on your list are out:

VC28 - Wedge Antilles (I dont think anyone has found this. Coming back out in an April/May wave this year)
VC52 - Rebel Fleet Trooper
VC54 - Captain Fordo (Released as ARC Trooper Commander)
VC66 - Salacious Crumb (SDCC Death Star Exclusive)
VC67 - Mouse Droid (SDCC Death Star Exclusive)
VC68 - Echo Base Trooper- (I know where one is if you need it)

Everthing else on the list will be coming out in the next 2 to 6 months

Reaction score
Went to Target Folsom today, and what do I find on the shelf, ROTS figures. Really? Come on now. Looks like someone returned some old ROTS figures to Target and they restocked them. Unbelievable.

Reaction score
Went to Target Folsom today, and what do I find on the shelf, ROTS figures. Really? Come on now. Looks like someone returned some old ROTS figures to Target and they restocked them. Unbelievable.
Those have actually been there for a couple months now. There were some 30th anniversary figures there a few weeks ago, too. Some dirtbag has been doing it for a while. Every few months I notice more old figures on the pegs there. And if I were still collecting much Star Wars, I'd be pretty ticked, because that store hasn't restocked vintage in probably 8 months.

Reaction score
I forgot to mention it but a couple months ago spotted a ROTS sneak preview Tion Medion at Target either Fulton or Natomas. I was dumbfounded, how is someone able to return it, does it have the same UPC as newer figures or something?

Reaction score
Somebody probably cut and pasted a current UPC onto the old fig. Once I saw an old Playmates Star Trek set at Target over on Broadway...scanned it and it came up as something else. Box wasn't smooth and there was a UPC glued on to it. Brought it to the attention of a guy working in the area who mumbled something along the lines of "I thought somebody might want it..." from which I figured the guy was either the culprit or knew who was doing it in the first place.

However, ROTS figs at ROTS prices ($5) would be an ok deal if you were looking for it, but not old stock at current pricing.

Reaction score
Come to think of it, the figs at Target Folsom did appear to have an abnormal UPC on the bottom of the package. Hmmm. I will have to take a second look next time I am in there.

Reaction score
Saw a ROTS Sneak Preview Wookiee Warrior at the Walmart in Orangevale and it did have an abnormal UPC

Reaction score
Discover the Force figs at WM Roseville Lead Hill. My son picked up Darth Maul.

Reaction score
Thanks to Sean for the tip, I ended up scoring the wave of SW WM exclusive figures this morning! :) There's some nice ones, but I hope that this wave as a whole doesn't clog the pegs for months to come.

Reaction score
Nick, I saw this one the other day. I took a look and the UPC is a photo copy over the top of the real one.
Someone has been returning stuff with printed upcs. I found 5 2004 vintage Landos in Folsom. Preview Figs from RotS so far...

Reaction score
Anybody see the WM exclusive Royal Starship droid 4pk.? I'm still looking for one.

Reaction score
Found the deleted scene vintage wave at Wal-Mart this morning. Not really thrilled with the fact they were even made but the figures themselves look good. Cards are pretty lame since they are not real movie scenes.

Reaction score
Found the deleted scene vintage wave at Wal-Mart this morning. Not really thrilled with the fact they were even made but the figures themselves look good. Cards are pretty lame since they are not real movie scenes.
I thought the cards were pretty amazing considering they weren't photos.

Reaction score
Wow I dont know about these discover the force ones either. I was talking about the blu ray figures. I only knew about the blu ray ones because I stumbled on to them from ebay looking for other figures i have missed.... :( Are the blu ray figures out or have been for a while?

Reaction score
The blu-ray deleted scenes figures aren't Wal-Mart exclusive. I've seen them locally at Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys R Us. All in fairly good numbers.

The Discover the Force figures are Wal-Mart exclusives. They're the ones in the goofy looking packaging that has a pair of 3-D glasses on the side. I still see plenty of these around, as recently as about two hours ago, so you shouldn't have much trouble finding those.

Wow I dont know about these discover the force ones either. I was talking about the blu ray figures. I only knew about the blu ray ones because I stumbled on to them from ebay looking for other figures i have missed.... :( Are the blu ray figures out or have been for a while?

Reaction score
The blu-ray deleted scenes figures aren't Wal-Mart exclusive. I've seen them locally at Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys R Us. All in fairly good numbers.

The Discover the Force figures are Wal-Mart exclusives. They're the ones in the goofy looking packaging that has a pair of 3-D glasses on the side. I still see plenty of these around, as recently as about two hours ago, so you shouldn't have much trouble finding those.
Thanks for the info. I am pretty out of touch. I probably missed the discover the force figures because i passed on that line as they all looked like clone wars figures or repacks. After reading more about them I think i want to pick this up. I still havnt seen these at the walmart off 65 though.

Reaction score
They are there. Not sure if they have a full set or not, but they were at least mostly there as of this morning. I believe they were all the way to the left, just to the left of the new Star Wars Transformers. the packaging on them is pretty weak, but there's some good figures in there. It's all Ep. I stuff, but if you're ok with that...

Thanks for the info. I am pretty out of touch. I probably missed the discover the force figures because i passed on that line as they all looked like clone wars figures or repacks. After reading more about them I think i want to pick this up. I still havnt seen these at the walmart off 65 though.

Reaction score
I have been hitting stores like the old days but with not much success. I do see the phantom menace figures with the glasses now. I must have not noticed them at first as they all seemed like clone wars figures. As for the blu-ray figures, not a sign of these anywhere. Have these been out for awhile? Anyone seen any of these lately?

Reaction score
I have been hitting stores like the old days but with not much success. I do see the phantom menace figures with the glasses now. I must have not noticed them at first as they all seemed like clone wars figures. As for the blu-ray figures, not a sign of these anywhere. Have these been out for awhile? Anyone seen any of these lately?
TRU Greenback had them this week. They slowly trickle in and out.

Reaction score
Picked up the WM exclusive Royal Starship droid 4-pk; at last they're now hitting! Didn't pick up the Pod Race BP, but they're shipping as well.

Reaction score
So I started looking at this thread from page 1...Not sure if this still a response needed but, I had always found (If you wanna make the drive) that the Target in Napa on Soscol Rd. was ALWAYS the best place to always find the newest released figures and toys. Back when I worked out there I ALWAYS could find everything new before anywhere else from the stretch from Napa to Sacramento. I'm not sure there are too many collectors in that area so it use to be a gold mine for me. Now mind you, this was a few years ago so it might of changed since then.

Reaction score
Hey Robbiezombie. Welcome back. :) I rarely make it all the way out to Napa and I'm in Vacaville. So, maybe I'll try to hit there more often. Thanks for the advice!

Reaction score
I use to live in Vacaville from 1989 - 2001. If I rememeber correctly there has never been ANYWHERE good to get stuff there. hahaha I work for AT&T / Pac Bell and our office was in Napa and yeah, that Target use to be a gold mine. But....Now that I think of it, the Rite Aid at Elmira and Nut Tree use to be good but that was back in the Freeze frame days.

Reaction score
The Rite-Aid at Elmira and Nut Tree is no more. Same thing for the Ralph's across the street. I've had a few lucky finds at Target, but nothing within the last year or so. Same with WM - ever since the redesign, the toy section is half of its previous size and the selection is lacking.

Reaction score
Found some of the new Clone Wars and Legends figures this morning at Wal-Mart. Picked up the new Rex even though I normally only collect TVC. IMO the figure is that good. Still no new vintage but hopefully soon.

Reaction score
Got tired of waiting for wave 12 and 13 of Vintage so ordered some from Brian's Toys. They all came in perfect condition and with the coupon code I used it came out to $12.50 a figure. So it was worth it to me as I now dont need to run around finding just the right condition of card for those 8. Still looking for Wedge, Malagus, and Imperial Navy Trooper (Ironically the one I want the most). All the 8 I received are great figures though.

Reaction score
Got tired of waiting for wave 12 and 13 of Vintage so ordered some from Brian's Toys. They all came in perfect condition and with the coupon code I used it came out to $12.50 a figure. So it was worth it to me as I now dont need to run around finding just the right condition of card for those 8. Still looking for Wedge, Malagus, and Imperial Navy Trooper (Ironically the one I want the most). All the 8 I received are great figures though.
Target has been getting the Malgus wave. If you want him clean out your vintage and move it away. Otherwise most of the Sac stores are full of TPM wave.

Reaction score
Thanks to Jason for the for two SW vintage figures and to Sean for the assist! Thanks to Sean for scoring a discounted Skystriker (G.I. Joe) as well!.....SW Vintage needs list is as follows:

Wave 3 - Darth Malgus, Imperial Navy Commander and Anakin (CW) Skywalker
Wave 4 - Aayla Secura, Dr. Evaqzan, Kithaba (with red headband) and Nom Anor