Looking for info about cancelled Kenner Indiana Jones sets

Reaction score
Apologies for posting this here rather than the IJ section but that seems pretty quiet and I thought this might be of interest to vintage SW fans. Does anyone have any info about two cancelled Raiders sets from Kenner? I know some concept art was auctioned a couple of years ago and can still be found online, for Raven Bar and Chachapoyan Temple sets:image.jpegimage.jpeg
I'd be fascinated to hear any more information about these sets eg what a base might have looked like for the Raven bar. I vaguely remember a blueprint for the Temple being auctioned many years ago and an image of it appearing online - does anyone have this? Any more information or art would be awesome.

Reaction score
Would love to see if they made proto's on these! Thanks for sharing DarthBrit

Reaction score
Same here. Fascinating how, even over twenty years into this hobby, there are new things to discover.

Still waiting to hear the announcement that a group of vintage collectors plans to dive for the vintage SW mold and prototypes dumped into the Hong Kong harbor. This hobby needs a legendary archeology story, like video game history had with the E.T. cartridge landfill a group of fans dug back up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Same here. Fascinating how, even over twenty years into this hobby, there are new things to discover.

Still waiting to hear the announcement that a group of vintage collectors plans to dive for the vintage SW mold and prototypes dumped into the Hong Kong harbor. This hobby needs a legendary archeology story, like video game history had with the E.T. cartridge landfill a group of fans dug back up.
I'm ready to lead an expedition to Coalville to look for Palitoy figures...

Reaction score
These are very cool! I never even new these existed as a kid. I was/am a HUGE Indy fan but never saw them in stores. If only I had! 😥 I would have played with the Temple playset until it was broken into small pieces (if it existed, that is)! I currently do not own anything but I would very much like to get as much as I can before Indy 5 comes out — before prices conceivably rise.

You may find your answers here (lots of of knowledgeable collectors there, there is a "Collecting" section):

Club Obi Wan

Reaction score
These are very cool! I never even new these existed as a kid. I was/am a HUGE Indy fan but never saw them in stores. If only I had! 😥 I would have played with the Temple playset until it was broken into small pieces (if it existed, that is)! I currently do not own anything but I would very much like to get as much as I can before Indy 5 comes out — before prices conceivably rise.

You may find your answers here (lots of of knowledgeable collectors there, there is a "Collecting" section):

Club Obi Wan
Thank you!

Reaction score
Fantastic. Love the Temple concept! That Belloq would have made a great figure; and the corpse of Indy's competitor (I remember the name but no clue how to spell it) a great accessory.

Reaction score
Agreed. Is there anyone who can contact those that worked for Kenner?
Yep, I second that! I would love to know more about these concepts And any others (I think I remember reading a flying wing was considered).