lookin shady ..should I post this eslewhere?

j74

Reaction score
This is another one of the posts about shady sellers, but I had to post, this guy outdoes them all....

lov_bug

This guy loves to surf Brianstoys and Cloudcity, no??????

Who do we contact directly for stuff like this???

Sorry if this post is annoying..but this is just nuts.

Reaction score
The owners of the pictures need to file a complaint, so you should contact Brianstoys and Cloudcity.

Though I don't think ebay will react soon even if the owners complain. Ebay still sucks at this.

-Alex

Reaction score
AJ_van_Zelst said:
The owners of the pictures need to file a complaint, so you should contact Brianstoys and Cloudcity.
I have already done this...

Let's see what happens.

Andrew.

Reaction score
He's got some high end items. This hustle could make a few dollars before losing his account.

Reaction score
yesterday i acked him a ? on a yoda fig for the afa # and it's the same one that brianstoys has
my email from him
HI
THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THIS ITEM.HERE IS THE AFA NUMBER YOU ASKED FOR. IT IS 4305006.LET ME KNOW SOON IF YOU WISH TO PURCHASE THIS AS I HAVE 2 OTHER PEOPLE WHO WANTS TO.TOLD THEM I HAD TO WAIT AND HEAR FROM YOU.FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.THANKS
and the real thing
but i sent one more email saying that will be nice peice and could i get a pic of the back of the card

lets see what happens his ebay is $500 more than Brains lol

Reaction score
Maybe he plans on buying them from Brianstoys, then sending them to the winning bidder. LOL! He'd still make a profit with his mark up. It's also funny how he says he has two other people waiting, and he had to see if you wanted it first, but it's "first come first served."

Reaction score
_Chad_ said:
Maybe he plans on buying them from Brianstoys, then sending them to the winning bidder. LOL! He'd still make a profit with his mark up. It's also funny how he says he has two other people waiting, and he had to see if you wanted it first, but it's "first come first served."
I think you might be right. I think he is trying to over sell Brian's Toys....sounds strange and won't work. The eagerness for payment could be because he is affraid someone else will buy them from Brian's Toys before he can for the bidder. haha some people have no brains.

Reaction score
_Chad_ said:
Maybe he plans on buying them from Brianstoys, then sending them to the winning bidder.
that's an interesting approach. while i don't think it could work on high end items - you probably could get away with it on lower end items and such. i'd like to see what happens with this set up!

Reaction score
You know, the sad part of this whole thing is that he might be able to make some money. If he has a decent mark-up ($500?) price for all of these items he might be able to pull this off for a while. If he can get 3-4 quick sales and the items are still available from Cloud City and Brian's Toys, he could make $1500-$2000.

His biggest obstical is the one that both stores have: price. If reputable seller's can't sell those items at the cheaper prices
then I don't think that he is going to get even more money for his auctions. In some ways this is a smart idea, but like Mike said, probably better for the low end items because of the price factor.
Rick

Reaction score
i also think he might have been able to pull this off had he not listed all the items that he did. if he would have put a little more effort into the items description he might have gotten one or two of these off. oh well, just another semi-clever ebay selling technique.

Reaction score
Mike,
I just took a quick look at his feedback and sales. It is funny, because he sold a bunch of modern/common figures and such that you can get anywhere. Then all of a sudden, he has a ton of AFA graded, high end items up for sale. You're right, he should have took it easier on the listing if he wanted to pull it off. Well, in the end, I hope that if he manages to get a few sales that the buyers get their items. Really, his scam should be shut down by eBay, so hopefully they will act soon.
Rick

Reaction score
gratefulhan said:
Really, his scam should be shut down by eBay, so hopefully they will act soon.
Rick
other than lifting photos (which aren't from ebay, so that in itself might not even be against ebay's policies) has he really done anything wrong? unless he is taking the money and running, all he's doing is taking orders for items without actually keeping an inventory, then upon completion of a purchase, he orders them himself (or so we think!).

Reaction score
I see what your saying, but he runs the risk of somebody buying the item from the original source before he gets to it. Then his ebay buyer will be SOL, and who knows if he'd return the money.

For that reason it's probably illegal. It might be different when you're selling something that you don't keep in stock, but you can readily get from a wholesale source, or something like that. Like retail stores do when you special order something.

Reaction score
i'd like to see him buy something from couldcity, and then say "hey by the way, could you just ship that thing over to this address for me? thanks..."

Reaction score
i belive it is a she not a he. From the emails that she has sent back. I asked to get the pic of the back of the card and what was the shipping her reply was $7 shipping in the usa. thanks for your time

Reaction score
It's basically just a pre-order situation. Pretty unethical. And I agree, if he had done maybe 1 or 2 items at a time, he may have been able to do this for awhile.

Reaction score
Mike_Machika said:
other than lifting photos (which aren't from ebay, so that in itself might not even be against ebay's policies) has he really done anything wrong?
Yes, he is doing something unethical and wrong. Plus, it is against eBay's policies. Specifically this one:

Pre-Sale Listings

Assuming this isn't a scam (which it clearly is), the seller can't guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days of purchase since someone could order it from Brian's Toys or Cloud City. Therefore, he is in violation of this policy.
-Isaac

Reaction score
Isaac_S_Lew said:
Plus, it is against eBay's policies. Specifically this one:

Pre-Sale Listings
i read nothing in that policy that convinces me that what he/she is doing something wrong (assuming they have "presale" intentions and not intentions to scam). the only guideline they didn't follow according to ebays policy was to GARUNTEE shipping within thirty days.

Reaction score
this is my new email
Item: VINTAGE CARDED FOREIGN-RARE TOPS TOYS YODA AFA 80 (6045840748)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
lov_bug is the seller.

HI
I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM YOU AGAIN.DO YOU NO LNGER WANT THIS ITEM? THANKS

don't tell my the other buyers backed out???