Long Island Area Reports #17

Reaction score
Thanks I was actually able to order him online back in July. I wonder if they are giving him out to the first 5 people in line on FF2 like what they did with the Hover Tank Pilot? That would suck if they did that again.
I'd frakking cry. Because I have no luck and am a broke college student.......because I know no one would be nice and hand him off to me (I've been mistaken for a kid.........). If anyone is doing FF2 at the Holbrook TRU.....Look for a clone trooper..........

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow, haven't been on here in a while. Everything seems more geared to 6" and I only do 3 3/4. Been picking & choosing what I like, not so all-in as when we were getting great articulation and sculpts/paint. Anyway, I'll be at Massapequa TRU tonight for Force Friday II! Good luck to all in your finds!

Reaction score
GMAC and I waited in line at Carle Place TRU when we got the word with about an hour to go that they received no new cases of the 6 inch BS figs except for Gree. I really don't get these retail stores ordering methods. If the demand is there, then why not meet the demand? Anyway I went back out in the morning and after nothing at Uniondale WM and Westbury Target I rushed to Copiague TArget before work. GMAC helped me get Thrawn, Luke, and Hera plus Luke's Landspeeder. I also picked up Rey as well. I think I might play the waiting game on Rey's speeder but it does look nice!

Reaction score
Must have something to do with why TRU is going to be claiming bankruptcy. This line carried that store for decades. Now noone can compete with online.

Reaction score
Actually, @hansloroll, the company is attempting to 'restructure its debt'..... Though I doubt R Us will succeed at that... I'm on a sinking ship since I work for R Us, so I have a feeling its actually due to the prices being higher, little to no advertising of sales, and several other factors that I cannot currently figure out.

Reaction score
When I walk into a TRU looking for toys of all things and cannot find a single one from a current line, in this instance it was when I was searching for Pacific Rim figures prior to and following the films release, then I cannot buy them. When I did see them I would buy them instantly. To let the store and anyone else paying attention that the market is there if they only had the product.

When I find 3 of 4 figures from a Funko line and they have all been opened and stolen from then I cannot buy them, in this instance it was Dark Crystal figures. They were only on a shelf in the one store and were never replaced with more product.

Then we can talk about TRU exclusives which I have never seen on a shelf in any way shape or form. I am sure it is because the closest store to me is also one of the slowest in terms of sales and distribution.

It has gotten to the point that when a week or a month goes by and I haven't checked the local TRU I don't feel so bad about it.

It goes much deeper than restructuring.

Reaction score
Just an early notice, seeing as TRU/BRU is bankrupt, there will be a serious lack of merchandise at said stores. I heard that Hasbro might actually be holding shipments. Learned that when I dropped by the Holbrook location and saw virtually no BS 6".....not even Gree, who is the exclusive. Glad I got him when I did. I asked one of the employees that I know and that is what I was told....... Looks like we'll be prowling WalMart and Targets this season.

Reaction score
Just an early notice, seeing as TRU/BRU is bankrupt, there will be a serious lack of merchandise at said stores. I heard that Hasbro might actually be holding shipments. Learned that when I dropped by the Holbrook location and saw virtually no BS 6".....not even Gree, who is the exclusive. Glad I got him when I did. I asked one of the employees that I know and that is what I was told....... Looks like we'll be prowling WalMart and Targets this season.

Word is massapequa, sayville TRU are done. Somehow Babylon Kmart survives another day which is very strange. I never want to see another Walmart in Long Island again

Reaction score
Looks like TRU is even more finished than we thought.

Why couldn’t this happen to every Walmart in Long Island? Those stores don’t deserve to operate

Reaction score
Looks like TRU is even more finished than we thought.

Why couldn’t this happen to every Walmart in Long Island? Those stores don’t deserve to operate
Their trick was to branch out from exclusively selling toys.

Reaction score
Picked up Tarkin and a Death Star Trooper at Farmingdale Target the other day. Picked up another Range trooper at Copiague Target today. If anyone is interested they had the whole wave there including Tarkin on the pegs.

Reaction score
Found the 4-LOM wave thanks to Brickseek and GMAC. Picked up 4-LOM, Qi’ra, and a Range Trooper. Left Tarkin and the rest. Keep checking Brickseek guys for stock changes DCPI 087-06-1922.

Reaction score
Someone please hide a tarkin for me if you see one. If you want to. I’m not going to target this Friday.

thanks

Reaction score
I found all of the 3 3/4" Solo Figures and 2 packs at Target in Bay Shore and Central Islip. Walmart and the 2 Targets in Commack had NOTHING on the 13th.