Lone Jedi's Kotobukiya Collection

Reaction score
Re: Lone Jedi\'s Koto Collection

I like, nice koto collection. And you got all three of the Sandtroopers, Wow!!GG Grevious a very nice piece.

Reaction score

Great collection - see you've stuck with all of Koto's non-humans or troopers - by far their best work, love the sandtroopers together - just need a GG dewback to finish the set!

Reaction score

Great Koto collection and display! I see you like helmeted figures and troopers and got all 3 Sandies. I collect only OT/EU Imperials and Droids (Leia is an exception)
and got the 3 Sandtroopers as well (a really great deal for the boxed Sarge and Corporal)

Reaction score

Sergiu said:
Great Koto collection and display! I see you like helmeted figures and troopers and got all 3 Sandies. I collect only OT/EU Imperials and Droids (Leia is an exception)
and got the 3 Sandtroopers as well (a really great deal for the boxed Sarge and Corporal)
Just out on interest Sergiu how much did you spend on the Sarge and Corporal? I've been on the lookout for them both but prices seem to be around £200 ($380) for the two!!

Reaction score

Hey Hey you took pics of your Koto collection
That is great collection. I like how you changed up the arms on the Sandtroopers. Looking good my freind.

Reaction score

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I changed the arms on the Sandtroopers because I think the Sergeant looks funny with his default arms (almost like he's pouting). I also tend to associate the long assault rifle with the Sergeant (probably because I once owned the two Marmit Sandtroopers). I can't wait to see photos of Koto Grievous, even though he probably won't fit in either detolf.

Reaction score

Lone_Jedi said:
Thanks for the feedback, guys! I changed the arms on the Sandtroopers because I think the Sergeant looks funny with his default arms (almost like he's pouting). I also tend to associate the long assault rifle with the Sergeant (probably because I once owned the two Marmit Sandtroopers). I can't wait to see photos of Koto Grievous, even though he probably won't fit in either detolf.
Been waiting for them to do a GG for ever now! Just think they'll be able to do an amazing job with him going on their past record! Can't wait!

Oh, and I think you're right, I'd imagine the pose they give him will be pretty huge - hope so at least

Reaction score

CapTypho said:
Sergiu said:
Just out on interest Sergiu how much did you spend on the Sarge and Corporal? I've been on the lookout for them both but prices seem to be around £200 ($380) for the two!!
$340 shipped to Romania (airmail insured). $380 is a pretty good price for both since there are sellers who offer them for over $200 a piece.

Reaction score

Sergiu said:
CapTypho said:
Sergiu said:
$340 shipped to Romania (airmail insured). $380 is a pretty good price for both since there are sellers who offer them for over $200 a piece.
Thanks Sergiu - seems that's not such a bad price after all, problem is it's a decision between getting these two or saving the money for a GG Sandy and Dewback - touch choice as I really want them all!

Reaction score

I don't collect resin stuff at all, and GG is resin. I had a bad experience with the fragility of resin 3 years ago and don't want to repeat it. I prefer PVC any day, and Koto have amazing details that are exactly the same with the best resin statues.

Reaction score

Great collection Lone_Jedi. I started collecting the koto line last year and finally have every star wars piece released to date. Now I just have to finish building my display cabinets for them and I'll be good to go.

I can't wait until the release Grievous. Anyone have updates on a tentative release date ?

Reaction score

xnavyguy said:
Great collection Lone_Jedi. I started collecting the koto line last year and finally have every star wars piece released to date. Now I just have to finish building my display cabinets for them and I'll be good to go.

I can't wait until the release Grievous. Anyone have updates on a tentative release date ?
Thanks. Be sure to post pics when your display case is done!

Reaction score

Here's the prototype cabinet I made for some of my sideshow and GG stuff.

I'm currently working on a similar one for my MR SS models. It's pretty large as it's going to hold my falcon, snowspeeder, Y-wing and AT-AT.

When I finish with that I have one more to make like the pictures above then it's onto the cabinets for my koto's. I'm using 3/16" acrylic for the panels instead of glass. That's also an acrylic mirror back in 1/8" thickess. A little more forgiving than glass.

Reaction score

Thanks for the compliments guys. I threw it together in a few days just to see how it would come out. The others will be a bit nicer. I'm going to build a duplicate to this cabinet to fit all of my sideshow 1/4 PF statues in it. Grievous really needs his own shelf to look the best.

I'm also planning on using some single led lights to light his eyes and chest cavity from the frame of the cabinet. Sort of like little mini spotlights.

Reaction score

Great collection. Sandies look great!!!

Reaction score

BTW are your Koto Sandtroopers all the same white color or the Squad Leader (orange pauldron) is a bit more grey?

Reaction score

Sergiu said:
BTW are your Koto Sandtroopers all the same white color or the Squad Leader (orange pauldron) is a bit more grey?
Sorry for the late reply, but I think my Sandies are all the same color. I've updated my pics since I rearranged my Kotos, plus I've added a pic of ESB Vader. The next one I might buy is Grievous, depending on the pose, of course.

I REALLY hope we get one posed like this since it matches the moment when Obi-Wan goes into his Koto pose:

Reaction score

Damn, then it seems I have a Squad Leader variant... Need to get the white one too...

Reaction score

Nice Koto collection, indeed. I want the other two sandtroopers very much, but they're not exactly cheap. I have the Squad Leader, but that's it ... and I love it. I don't know, maybe some day.

Reaction score

Cant wait for the General! Lone your collect is off the charts!~
You getting Koto Kenobi ep 3?

Reaction score

joda76 said:
Thanks! Nah, I pass on all human/hero Kotos (although the droids are tempting). I am really digging the Red Royal Guard (I will skip the Blue Senate Guard). I can't wait for that one and of course, Grievous.

Reaction score

Lone_Jedi said:
joda76 said:
Thanks! Nah, I pass on all human/hero Kotos (although the droids are tempting). I am really digging the Red Royal Guard (I will skip the Blue Senate Guard). I can't wait for that one and of course, Grievous.
Definitely pick up the droids. It's one of the best pieces to date.

Reaction score

Leia_Way said:
Definitely pick up the droids. It's one of the best pieces to date.
Agreed! The details on the droids are amazing, I wrote a short review and have comparison pics with C-3PO Koto vs Gentle Giant and R2-D2 Koto vs 12" Hasbro

Reaction score

LJ your Koto's are lookin good. You sparked my interests on the Sandys again with your nice pics, so I had to pick up the 2 exclusives finally

Reaction score

That's Koto setup is awesome. Nice job!

Reaction score

Sewbacca said:
LJ your Koto's are lookin good. You sparked my interests on the Sandys again with your nice pics, so I had to pick up the 2 exclusives finally
Did you find a good deal?

Reaction score

Sometimes I guess, IKEA made their showcases only for Star Wars fans.
The 12ich fit perfect in them!

Reaction score

Updated my pics. I've included my custom AOTC Sergeant, Black Hole Stormie, and Royal Guard.

Reaction score

Excellent displays Lone Jedi...

You're tempting me to pick up the Royal Guard...beautiful piece, striking pose.