Loki

GNT

Reaction score
Loki launched this week on Disney+, what’s everyones thoughts on the latest Disney Marvel show?

Reaction score
Roaring start! Nice pacing, with an interesting set of moral questions. Loki and Möbius will interact well together! We all already know about Hiddleston’s chops, but we’re about to get a glimpse of Owen Wilson’s versatility as well!

Reaction score
Yeah I've been wondering about that, I've heard from several others that this Isn't the typical Owen we're used to seeing. At first I was like really?, then thought as off the wall that Loki can be it's a decent fit for Owen's comedic background. But I've been hearing it much more serious type of role.

Based on what I've heard about the first two eps this should be a very all engrossing and hard hitting story, it feels/looks more comedic than Wanda and F&TWS based on the trailers yet it tackles moral issues as well. I can't wait to binge this when it ends!

Reaction score
WOW! Just....wow. Words cannot express how much I loved this. This got to levels of Christopher Nolan like deep. I mean

SPOILERS

He's literally forced to watch basically what's an encapsulation of his entire life...including things he hasn't even done yet. His mothers death, his fathers death, his redemption, HIS OWN death. It was SHOCKINGLY tragic. Never did I think I'd actually feel sorry for Loki, but that scene? It's so well done and acted....I did. I felt for him. It was powerful. It seems it'll be a show largely focusing on self-reflection, self-recognition, redemption.

If this show continues to retain the same quality as this first episode, frankly? I'll be my favorite D+ MCU show.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It’s a better level for a superhero series. It’ll be a great run!

Reaction score
Well, that was something! I’m absolutely loving the writing, but like all time travel tropes it’s hard to get your head truly around it. I recognize some old comics storylines in it, but with the typical MCU change-arounds. This definitely has some WandaVision-type elements—the meta stuff and over-the-top Marvel Easter eggs. You’re never sure if what you’re seeing is what they want you to see or not. It’s definitely a “trickster” show! 🥴

Reaction score
WOW! Just....wow. Words cannot express how much I loved this. This got to levels of Christopher Nolan like deep. I mean

SPOILERS

He's literally forced to watch basically what's an encapsulation of his entire life...including things he hasn't even done yet. His mothers death, his fathers death, his redemption, HIS OWN death. It was SHOCKINGLY tragic. Never did I think I'd actually feel sorry for Loki, but that scene? It's so well done and acted....I did. I felt for him. It was powerful. It seems it'll be a show largely focusing on self-reflection, self-recognition, redemption.

If this show continues to retain the same quality as this first episode, frankly? I'll be my favorite D+ MCU show.
definitely a redemption arc. Loki had always seen himself as "burdened with glorious purpose" but when he was
  Spoiler:  
forced to watch the events of his own life unfold, he realized, perhaps for the first time, that his character was actually considered a "villain" in the MCU -- he had never actually seen himself that way before -- this sudden realization was a shock to him (hence the tears). the song "I Need A Hero" in the second episode drives home the theme of the entire show. Loki WANTS to be a "hero" -- as that's how he has ALWAYS seen himself -- but as usual, he can't seem to help himself LOL. he's still doing things that make himself SEEM like a 'bad guy', even when he's trying to do good.

Reaction score
I much prefer Loki to WandaVision and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. The design of the TVA environment reminds me of the artist Moebius (A George Lucas fave) . The chemistry between Hiddelson and Wilson is surprisingly good.

Reaction score
Overall, I am enjoying Loki. One thing that seems kind of dumb is that the Minutemen seem to be easily defeated. I mean, they have all this power over time and space yet they are defeated by fire.

Last edited:
Reaction score
None of these Marvel shows are of the same quality of the movies, and it shows. Not that I am not watching them, but they seem a little wishy-washy.

Reaction score
None of these Marvel shows are of the same quality of the movies, and it shows. Not that I am not watching them, but they seem a little wishy-washy.
No offense, but why are you commenting on the quality if you aren't watching them? WandaVision was groundbreaking in genre and it had a lot of character development that never would have happened in a movie. The supporting cast was incredible and I sincerely hope we aren't done with Agatha Harkness.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier was much more straight forward, but again it dealt with so much character development for characters that didn't get a lot of it. Bucky is dealing with his place in the world and coming to grips with his past. Sam is trying to be Captain America in a country where not so long ago he wasn't even welcome. The struggle is real and his interactions with Isaiah Bradley are poignant and current without being too preachy. The "Good Guys" are never totally good and the "Bad Guys" are never totally bad.

Loki is just getting started, and I'm not sure what exactly is going to happen in the end, but I'm sure there will be tons of twists and it's certainly changing what we should expect out of the MCU going forward. Loki looks to be a primer on Multiverse... which clearly is where we are headed. If I was going to criticize anything about Loki so far, it's that we don't honestly know anything about any of these characters except for Loki... so the show is hanging pretty heavily on everything he does.

Reaction score
No offense, but why are you commenting on the quality if you aren't watching them? WandaVision was groundbreaking in genre and it had a lot of character development that never would have happened in a movie. The supporting cast was incredible and I sincerely hope we aren't done with Agatha Harkness.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier was much more straight forward, but again it dealt with so much character development for characters that didn't get a lot of it. Bucky is dealing with his place in the world and coming to grips with his past. Sam is trying to be Captain America in a country where not so long ago he wasn't even welcome. The struggle is real and his interactions with Isaiah Bradley are poignant and current without being too preachy. The "Good Guys" are never totally good and the "Bad Guys" are never totally bad.

Loki is just getting started, and I'm not sure what exactly is going to happen in the end, but I'm sure there will be tons of twists and it's certainly changing what we should expect out of the MCU going forward. Loki looks to be a primer on Multiverse... which clearly is where we are headed. If I was going to criticize anything about Loki so far, it's that we don't honestly know anything about any of these characters except for Loki... so the show is hanging pretty heavily on everything he does.
Read it again... Not that I am not watching them means I am. I've seen every episode of each of the three series so far. Falcon and winter soldier was UBER preachy. The Cap characters are my favorite so I was glued to that show.

You have to admit none of those shows had the impact Mandalorian has had. But the movies it followed were weak. Marvel movies for the most part have been strong.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Read it again... Not that I am not watching them means I am. I've seen every episode of each of the three series so far. Falcon and winter soldier was UBER preachy. The Cap characters are my favorite so I was glued to that show.

You have to admit none of those shows had the impact Mandalorian has had. But the movies it followed were weak. Marvel movies for the most part have been strong.
My bad... I wasn't trying to belittle, I misread. The shows aren't trying to be MCU movies in my opinion. They have been fun character pieces that have introduced some aspect of the MCU that hadn't been touched on.

WandaVision showed us Wanda is no joke and gave us a solid understanding of her chaos magic. It also gave us Agatha Harkness, White Vision and Monica Rambeau... who will all hopefully play a part in future MCU movies or shows without needing introduction. FaWS gave us US Agent and the new Captain America and pushed some character development that we wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Loki is now playing with multiverse so we have an understanding of that when the MCU gets going again.

Mandalorian is a love letter to the fans, which is why it worked so well. All the nostalgia from the Stormtroopers to the Quarrens to the speeder bikes to the Krayt Dragon to the X-wing pilots to the Mandalorians to Ahsoka... I mean they would have had to seriously flub the story to pack all that they did into those 2 seasons and have fans not be enamored with it. The Sequel Trilogy just tried too hard to be its own thing and flopped because people have an idea of what Star Wars is and that wasn't it...

Reaction score
Having not seen Loki yet I cannot comment about that show, I will say that for a show I wasn't all that interested in at first Wanda Vision really wowed me! I'd even go so far as to say it's my favorite of the D+ shows at present, it's just that engaging. Falcon was what it was, even though it was the one I most look forward to having connections to Cap/Steve, it really did feel slightly different than expected. While fun it just didn't quite deliver for me.

Loki looks fun, kooky as well as serious so I really am starting to look forward to seeing it. The reason it too wasn't high on my list was because i was essentially Loki'ed out after him getting so much screen time across the MCU, it was starting to feel he was there every time I turned around. Even though that's not actually the case as he was only in Avengers and Thor Movies. I also have never been a big fan of Loki character, but Tom's portrayal was so good that I actually enjoyed his scenes.

Reaction score
These are like bonus clips, that are setting up future events, I already see Kang being set up, as well as the future Avengers cast. It's not that I don't enjoy them, I certainly tune in each week, I just wish they would do a version of "Marvel Comics Presents, with 1 hour short stories about different characters.

Reaction score
I will say that I think I've grown tired of story arcs spanning a whole season for a show, I kind of preferred the Classics like star Trek were each episode was self contained story. That type of television is very rare these days unless it's those procedural shows like Law and Order or CSI that have been on air for 40 years yet somehow never run out of stories.

Reaction score
Loki so far has more in common with WandaVision than any other type of Marvel thing—an “is this real?” type of quality which sets up fans for big twists. I think it’ll pay off when we get to look into the “reveal” character a bit more; my gut tells me not to be too fooled by obvious “clues”…🤓

Reaction score
Loki so far has more in common with WandaVision than any other type of Marvel thing—an “is this real?” type of quality which sets up fans for big twists. I think it’ll pay off when we get to look into the “reveal” character a bit more; my gut tells me not to be too fooled by obvious “clues”…🤓
See it's rare we disagree bud, but I do on this one...but only in one sense. I don't think there's any element here of "Is this real?" No, this is happening to him. It's surreal, sure, but not an illusion IMO. But that doesn't mean there won't be twists.

Now for spoilers for Episode 2

Please don't think me some sexist. I know most of you guys now on this forum, years now, heck longer...so I'm not too worried to say HERE as you guys know I'm not some bigot. On Social Media however? Different story. I'd keep my mouth shut...I'd be murdered by extremists in the comments. I'm a fan of classic comics. I'm not opposed to changes, but I am opposed to undermining the origins of a classic iconic role. Does that make sense? I knew it would be Female Loki as the "variant" and frankly, as an alternate universe construct to him in this universe is a cool idea IMO. Heck if you apply multiverse theory, there's a male and female version of all of us. That is a cool idea. My concern is...Loki as in THE Loki is doomed to die and be replaced by the female version. Cause let's be honest here, it's happening with pretty much every other classic role. I really hope they find a way to get him to stick around because, come on, he's one of the best comic film villains ever.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You’re right, of course—it’s real. But there’s an illusionary quality, a kind of dreamscape vibe that reminds me more of WV than a basic procedural drama like Falcon/Winter Soldier.

Marvel is so fun precisely because it can give you heroes that just go around doing karate to bank robbers (Spiderman, Daredevil, Luke Cage), but also can take you into inter-dimensional dark matter-type realities where eternal cosmic forces like Justice have spellcasting battles with time-walking space gods.

The universe where Murdoch and Foggy are preparing their case against some corrupt city alderman is also the one where the Beyonder people’s spiritual will creates a nexus point where the entity Light gets a planet with his face on it.

Even as a kid, it made me laugh. Sometimes a guy like Iceman (who can make ice) gets into a romantic relationship with a reality-bending goddess with multiverse-spanning Fate powers. I always wondered how they must get along while shopping for a couch.

Just like Wanda dressing up like Scarlet Witch for Halloween in some wall-breaking meta-clue, the “reveal” character Sylvie is wearing Enchantress’ horn tiara to mess with both Loki and the viewer. It’s really dreamy and magical, whereas sometimes Marvel is just straight basic.

Reaction score
You’re right, of course—it’s real. But there’s an illusionary quality, a kind of dreamscape vibe that reminds me more of WV than a basic procedural drama like Falcon/Winter Soldier.

Marvel is so fun precisely because it can give you heroes that just go around doing karate to bank robbers (Spiderman, Daredevil, Luke Cage), but also can take you into inter-dimensional dark matter-type realities where eternal cosmic forces like Justice have spellcasting battles with time-walking space gods.

The universe where Murdoch and Foggy are preparing their case against some corrupt city alderman is also the one where the Beyonder people’s spiritual will creates a nexus point where the entity Light gets a planet with his face on it.

Even as a kid, it made me laugh. Sometimes a guy like Iceman (who can make ice) gets into a romantic relationship with a reality-bending goddess with multiverse-spanning Fate powers. I always wondered how they must get along while shopping for a couch.

Just like Wanda dressing up like Scarlet Witch for Halloween in some wall-breaking meta-clue, the “reveal” character Sylvie is wearing Enchantress’ horn tiara to mess with both Loki and the viewer. It’s really dreamy and magical, whereas sometimes Marvel is just straight basic.
Not even going to lie. I adored this post. I ate it up like....ice cream. =P

I mean, what you're talking here is basically the concept of Man, Monsters, and Gods. And it's HYSTERICAL sometimes to think of them interacting...whether it be romantically or just casually like grocery shopping. But Marvel did that stuff. But deep down it also creates a larger and more meaningful theme. We're all the same...yet all individual. Some people are time travel authorities, Gods to us. Hell in that case of Loki? Gods to a God. Yet they have paperwork, feel like they work a daily 9-5 gruelingly in their underappreciation. I believe when Marvel did these sort of things, the ultimate point was one theme: No matter who you are, big or small, you can ALWAYS find something to identify with. Translation: respect and appreciate. Either that or simply...it makes you consider. It puts you in your place. Makes you humble.

One of my favorite comedy thoughts when it comes to comics or just fantasy at large? Thinking about, say, Dr. Doom in waking up in the morning. Does he need his coffee? Imagine him on the toilet, cause I mean....he's gotta poop. Imagine Darth Vader taking his morning crap. How does Bowser from Super Mario deal with having to take a 4AM pee? I mean he best watch out for the fireballs, lava pits, and traps he built in his castle on his way to the toilet. I love the idea of the mundane stuff applied. What's Kang's favorite food? Does he get a craving for Mexican? Taco Tuesday on his payroll! I mean when not being evil, did Joker binge Stranger Things? What internet provider does Riddler have and when it goes out does he have to wait on hold like us? Realistically, what's Mr. Freeze's energy bill with all those damn air conditioners on all the time? Victor, trying to save your wife through crime? Nah. I see the real scheme...just trying to save on your electric bills. This stuff is hysterical to me. And I didn't even go into God level roles.

I will say that I think I've grown tired of story arcs spanning a whole season for a show, I kind of preferred the Classics like star Trek were each episode was self contained story. That type of television is very rare these days unless it's those procedural shows like Law and Order or CSI that have been on air for 40 years yet somehow never run out of stories.
My favorite show of all-time is Batman the Animated Series. Now Netflix Daredevil comes awful close, probably my top two (which is saying something because I adore a lot of shows - including not in the superhero/action genre) but it's not relevant here. BTAS was very episodic, it had two part episodes, but largely was self contained episodes. And while I'm not AS hardcore on missing that, I do miss shows like it. They do seem less common now. I'm not a Trek guy, but for me the comparison outside of BTAS would be like....Twilight Zone. Little almost vignettes in a sense. An open, a rise, and a climax. But those shows do still exist, less common as they are, just my not be your preferred genres. Black Mirror is one I'd highly recommend, though some episodes....very loosely...connect, just not in a story way. I think what you miss is the anthology series. Another good one I'd recommend is called Love, Death, and Robots. As with any anthology series, it can be hit or miss, but some of those episodes were genius IMO or at least highly enjoyable.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes they are very Low-Key!....... 🤖
Dad jokes still make me laugh. Well done. Hha!

No seriously, I think mostly the D+ Marvel shows have been done well. Did I think Wandavision ended a bit....rough? Yeah. Did I hate its end? NOPE! Sure it wasn't ideal for me, but it wasn't BAD. For me the big issue was Quicksilver and that ending....which was there EVEN a real ending to it? What, he's Ralph Boner? Just some dude? That's it? They legit cast the Fox X-Men Quicksilver just to screw with us. THAT IS MY ISSUE with the show, because otherwise? IMO Wandavision nailed it. Great outside of Quicksilver.

Reaction score
Yes they are very Low-Key!....... 🤖
Hail the all powerful pun.
I understand that Covid outright forced them to swerve a bit with Wandavision, but there were some scenes in both that and FATWS that were weak. Not poorly written, but the contrast is off we know that that Sam's family is struggling, However while they had very strong scenes with Bucky coming to terms with what he had done as the Winter Soldier, Sam's family scenes did not show as much despair as it should have. It made one struggle seem much less impactful than the other. That's in the writing. It seems that they needed to stretch it a bit further by adding water to the soup. Overall it's more of a nitpick about the writing and the constraints of having to fill small gaps of time that had not been unaccounted for.
Overall I am pleased with these shows and each one has gotten a bit better. Hoping Loki ends strong, because it has been very well done so far.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hail the all powerful pun.
I understand that Covid outright forced them to swerve a bit with Wandavision, but there were some scenes in both that and FATWS that were weak. Not poorly written, but the contrast is off we know that that Sam's family is struggling, However while they had very strong scenes with Bucky coming to terms with what he had done as the Winter Soldier, Sam's family scenes did not show as much despair as it should have. It made one struggle seem much less impactful than the other. That's in the writing. It seems that they needed to stretch it a bit further by adding water to the soup. Overall it's more of a nitpick about the writing and the constraints of having to fill small gaps of time that had not been unaccounted for.
Overall I am pleased with these shows and each one has gotten a bit better. Hoping Loki ends strong, because it has been very well done so far.
Nah I'd agree with that. I think both had really massive highs and are very entertaining over-all, but didn't quite stick the landing. I found both the climaxes kind of....underwhelming. Oddly I thought the best parts of Wanda were the NOT knowing. Once we got the answer, while somewhat satisfying...it wasn't AS satisfying as it could have been IMO. Especially Quicksilver for me. I don't even get why he was even there anymore. Was it just a troll? For FATWS, the best for me were the opening action scene in EP1, anything with Zemo, anything with Bucky PTSD, and the scene stealing role was Walker IMO. I still enjoyed it, but there was stuff that bored me. So I mean...I gotcha. Did I enjoy these as much as something like, say, Netflix Daredevil? No, not at all, that's a freaking masterpiece...especially Season 3. Almost every scene riveted me. But I did still highly enjoy these shows, just....have a fair share of nitpicks. I think the MCU has KILLED Disney SW as far as films go (love Rogue one though), but funnily enough...I liked Mando better than the two MCU shows thus far.

Last edited:
Reaction score
One thing that really stands out to me with Loki taking the Cube and disappearing at that point in time, is that it would drastically change things from there on out. So that would essentially alter Thor Dark world, Ragnarok as well as him not being around to die by Thanos?

Now for spoilers for Episode 2

I'm a fan of classic comics. I'm not opposed to changes, but I am opposed to undermining the origins of a classic iconic role. Does that make sense? I knew it would be Female Loki as the "variant" and frankly, as an alternate universe construct to him in this universe is a cool idea IMO. Heck if you apply multiverse theory, there's a male and female version of all of us. That is a cool idea. My concern is...Loki as in THE Loki is doomed to die and be replaced by the female version. Cause let's be honest here, it's happening with pretty much every other classic role. I really hope they find a way to get him to stick around because, come on, he's one of the best comic film villains ever.
  Spoiler:  
I think this might be a misdirect though, and the "variant" character is actually Enchantress not Lady Loki.

Reaction score
The trip is quite often better than the destination... I find these shows fascinating while they are on and clearly we want MORE once they are done. That's good I think.

I try to live in the now and not pick stuff apart so much... Especially when it's a bit nitpicky. (Star Wars has been difficult in that regard) I don't know how everything worked in the timeline with Loki taking the tesseract and leaving... But we saw the infinity stones just lying in a desk .. so I'm assuming if the TVA people went and put it back in play in that timeline once they had Loki. They can pop into any time, so time doesn't really make as much difference. We may see this show end in New York ... Literally seconds after it started.

Reaction score
I love this show. Great humor, great writing, great visuals - the set decoration and quirkiness reminds me alot of Legion, but better. That being said, they obviously have not put as much money into this show as F+WS and WV, but it doesn't matter - it may be better than both of them.

Disney is really knocking it out of the park with their live action series. I can't really consider these television shows - they go beyond that into episodic filmmaking.

GNT

Reaction score
One thing that really stands out to me with Loki taking the Cube and disappearing at that point in time, is that it would drastically change things from there on out. So that would essentially alter Thor Dark world, Ragnarok as well as him not being around to die by Thanos?
I assume in the final episode of the show he gets his mind wiped of the tv show events and put back into the same time frame of when he originally picked up the cube. However when he picks it up nothing happens or someone gets it first. Everything carries on as per the events of the existing movies

Reaction score
Just watched and all I'll say non-spoiler is ....all my concerns are gone. That was God damn genius.

Now spoilers

MasterFett you were spot on. While she is Lady Loki....she's also kinda not. She's Enchantress. Adaptation. Note how much they used the word "enchant." Good call, buddy!

This.....to me....is all the set up for Kang.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Episode 3 was good for the information and backstory it provided ... I am still concerned about where it is going though? Not concerned in 'will it be any good?', but more of the 'I don't know what to expect' sort of concern. I am super cautious with time travel stories as I've mentioned before and this is really pushing the limits of my appreciation of the characters.

No question the show is well done in terms of visuals.

Reaction score
As always, time travel stuff gets annoying for its totally unresolvable paradoxes, but that’s also part of the fun. I’m enjoying learning more about the TVA. And there certainly was one twist I didn’t see coming!

GNT

Reaction score
I haven't followed much on the Marvel legends side but I'd love Loki Crocodile :p

Reaction score
Not a Spoiler if you watched the end credits of Ep 4...

I say we're ready for Young Avengers (maybe some slightly older Maximoff twins :unsure: ) *may not include Ms Marvel or Ironheart. Also... missing a Hulkling... but we do have Skrulls so...
1625760681066.png

Reaction score
I absolutely loved this latest episode. LOVED IT! I stick with it, this is my favorite of the Disney + shows.

SPOILERS:

Richard E. Grant KILLED IT as classic Loki. INCREDIBLE! The climax for his character, aka failed Loki, was actually even powerful. A glorious self-sacrifice for the greater good. Redemption! Class act Thespian.

I'm oddly enjoying they're doing extremely comic accurate classic iconic costumes. There's a right way and a wrong way to do it and in the context of how they do it...it works so well and is utterly charming. Would Grant's costume have worked on Tom? Nah! No one would take it seriously, but in the sheer bonkers context of an alternate reality timeline Loki and all the kookiness that comes along with this end of time timeline...it works wonders. They're just embracing the really out there stuff and I'm head over heels for it. Same goes for Vision and Scarlet Witch, those costumes would never work...but in context of they're Halloween costumes? Totally does and makes it so fun!

I'm sorry, but my second favorite was Alligator Loki. I don't believe he's from comics, but I saw him as the answer to Throg. And SPEAKING OF! NEVER did I think we'd SEE Frog Thor! I jumped for joy, even if it's just for two seconds. But then...THEN...we've got to discuss my official NEW favorite Easter Egg in anything MCU. I cannot believe...I even did a double take and said aloud "Did I just see that?" The Thanos Copter! I CRACKED UP! That is the FUNNIEST Easter Egg they've ever done!"

Reaction score
Sort of. I know it's a thing that exists... I guess I meant, does he come from some sort of alternate Asgard where everyone is a gator? Is everything in that Asgard's universe a gator? Are there other gator characters? Is there a gator Thanos? Was there gator Jesus and gator Hitler at some point?

It reminds me of this "Kitty History" song from a Trevor Moore special on Comedy Central

Reaction score
Glorious Purpose!

Man, even though none of this makes any real narrative sense, it’s just SO good! It’s my favorite thing they’ve ever done.

Reaction score
I absolutely loved this latest episode. LOVED IT! I stick with it, this is my favorite of the Disney + shows.

SPOILERS:

Richard E. Grant KILLED IT as classic Loki. INCREDIBLE! The climax for his character, aka failed Loki, was actually even powerful. A glorious self-sacrifice for the greater good. Redemption! Class act Thespian.

I'm oddly enjoying they're doing extremely comic accurate classic iconic costumes. There's a right way and a wrong way to do it and in the context of how they do it...it works so well and is utterly charming. Would Grant's costume have worked on Tom? Nah! No one would take it seriously, but in the sheer bonkers context of an alternate reality timeline Loki and all the kookiness that comes along with this end of time timeline...it works wonders. They're just embracing the really out there stuff and I'm head over heels for it. Same goes for Vision and Scarlet Witch, those costumes would never work...but in context of they're Halloween costumes? Totally does and makes it so fun!
While I thought Classic Loki was cool, it opened up yet another inconsistency because wouldn't him surviving Thanos be his "Variant" moment? Not to mention Sylvie should have been taken as soon as she was born?