Local Toy Shows & Events

Reaction score
I'm only a couple hours away and somehow I've never been to this show. I might force myself to go this year. It sounds like you guys might have a nice setup.

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I
Welp, had to go to 6 tables now. This show is going to be ***** to the wall. We're coming in the night before.... who wants to hit the bars?
LOL i've been told the bars downtown here in Columbus have been slow this winter. However if you hit my stomping grounds on the far east side Scotty's is always dead and quiet but the bartender girls are always nice. The Lounge is smaller but has a friendly atmosphere. I can't say for too many others as I'm not really a drinker..lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hope to see you guys at CTS. Final plug on what I will be selling there - 30 or so decent condition to gem mint MOCs (several 12 backs), 25 or so MIB vehicles and playsets (most complete with inserts and instructions), several MIB 12 inch figures, 100 or so mint complete loose figures, and other random collectibles.

Ross

Reaction score
haven't been to that show since the 2nd year they had it, it was really small. went today and was totally impressed. got some good deals and pick up some other things I wanted!

Last edited:
Reaction score
haven't been to that show since the 2nd year they had it, it was really small. went today and was totally impressed. got some good deals and pick up some other things I wanted!
Completely agree. This show was very impressive. A little dark in the hall, but still completely worth the drive. Picked up a vintage Indy fig with whip. Very cool.

Reaction score
I know this show isn't in Ohio,but it is just across the Ohio river ,and I thought that maybe some of you would like to attend!

JediCon WV is West Virginia’s original Star Wars show. And in 2014 we’ll be celebrating Episode XI – fanboy speak for our 11[SUP]th[/SUP] convention.

We started this way back when as a way to have some fun and meet other Star Wars enthusiasts.

And we have.

But we also discovered it’s a great vehicle to raise money for our charity of choice: Children’s Miracle Network ( CMN ).ALL money made from ticket,food and silent auction sales go to CMN .

So, while this is a marketing ploy it’s we’re also gonna bring you some entertainment and introduce you to some phenomenal people we’ve met over the years. And we’re gonna invite you to participate.

JediCon WV – Episode XI – will be held at the Matthew Barker Memorial Complex in Paden City, WV, June 21, 2014. This is our first time at the venue but we needed a larger location.

Yeah, we’re excited about that.

And our panelists.

On tap we’ve got – in no particular order :

Brian Stillman, producer of Plastic Galaxy: The Story of Star Wars Toys. Stillman is making a documentary on the Kenner line of licensed likenesses we first gen fans grew up with. See what he’s been up to at www.plasticgalaxymovie.com/.

Bill McBride has agreed to be a part of our show. McBride is the curator of The Darth Vader Toy Museum. His Web site is www.sithtoys.com. Go check him out.

Bryan Prosek, native of Columbus OH & author of Earth United, is another first timer with us. His book is available at Amazon.com.

Kim Simmons, billed as the Man Who Shot Luke Skywalker, returns with wife Pat. What the loosely veiled reference to the Jimmy Stewart western refers to is Simmons was the principle photographer for much of the Kennner Star Wars toy line. And just a great guy. He and Pat have been long-standing guests of JediCon WV and we appreciate their help.

Finally we’ve signed on Blind Wave Productions ( https://www.facebook.com/BlindWaveProduction ). These guys are two-time winners of the Lightsaber Choreography Competition and makers of fan films. For a sample of their work slip over to YouTube. They really are amazing.

That said we’ll also have our vendors with SW collectibles for sale including - modern,vintage and everything in between – video game booth, local 501[SUP]st[/SUP] and more.

For more info check us out at www.jediconwv.net and like us on FaceBook ( https://www.facebook.com/jedicon.wv.9 ) or if you have any questions please feel free to send me a PM and I'll answer as soon as I can.

Thanks for looking and hope to see you at this years show!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are there any toy shows, flea markets, etc in NE Ohio that have a decent amount of SW dealers?

Reaction score
Are there any toy shows, flea markets, etc in NE Ohio that have a decent amount of SW dealers?
I've been looking for years, but have never found any good ones.
The Berea flea market is pretty much just white trash selling stuff they garbage picked.
Jamie's in Amherst can be hit or miss, but there are a few dealers who keep permanent booths.

Reaction score
I've been looking for years, but have never found any good ones.
The Berea flea market is pretty much just white trash selling stuff they garbage picked.
Jamie's in Amherst can be hit or miss, but there are a few dealers who keep permanent booths.
All of the CTS shows I've been to have had an awesome vintage Star Wars selection. There is one in Columbus and Springfield coming up, but the Cincinnati one is the one I'm looking forward to the most. If you're into the newer stuff, there is always a good selection of that as well at cheap prices.

Reaction score
Has anyone been to Akron Comicon? Apparently they had one last year, and are having another on Nov 8-9:

Akron Comicon

From what I was told, this is not a show for anyone who is a toy collector. If you're strictly into comics you might find some deals. The Columbus toy show has alot of toys and so does the Monroeville (Pittsburgh) Steel City Con if you're up for the drive. Here's the info for both:

CTS Promotions

Steel City Con ( a.k.a. Pittsburgh Toy, Comic and Childhood Collectibles Show) Monroeville PA

I have set up at both and the Steel City Con is larger and has a wider selection, while the Columbus one has toys only with no celebrities and a lower admission price. The Columbus show is only one day while SSC is 3 days. Columbus is closer for many of you here in Ohio, but Monroeville isn't that far of a drive and has 700+ tables. I'm skeptical about the upcoming Cleveland Wizard World with high admission for the celebs sake. With the Dayton fiasco just happening, I hope Ohio can get people through the doors and not have yet another con come and go.

James

Reaction score
I'm skeptical about the upcoming Cleveland Wizard World with high admission for the celebs sake.
Same here.
I'd really like to go but if I drop that kind of coin, and it ends up being like the one at the Doubletree Inn last year, I'm going to be very upset.

Reaction score
From what I was told, this is not a show for anyone who is a toy collector. If you're strictly into comics you might find some deals. The Columbus toy show has alot of toys and so does the Monroeville (Pittsburgh) Steel City Con if you're up for the drive. Here's the info for both:

CTS Promotions

Steel City Con ( a.k.a. Pittsburgh Toy, Comic and Childhood Collectibles Show) Monroeville PA

I have set up at both and the Steel City Con is larger and has a wider selection, while the Columbus one has toys only with no celebrities and a lower admission price. The Columbus show is only one day while SSC is 3 days. Columbus is closer for many of you here in Ohio, but Monroeville isn't that far of a drive and has 700+ tables.
Both are roughly two hours from me, but I'd like to hit at least one in the spring. Is Pittsburgh the better choice toywise?

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be attending CTS on March 22nd.
If anyone else is heading that way, I'll be the 6'7" 300 pounder in the banthaskull.com t-shirt. Say hello.

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be attending CTS on March 22nd.
If anyone else is heading that way, I'll be the 6'7" 300 pounder in the banthaskull.com t-shirt. Say hello.
I'll be setting up a booth again. Make sure you stop by BIGJIM! I'll probably be wearing some sort of Cobra t-shirt and Pittsburgh Pirates hat. Let me know if there is anything you are looking for as I can totally scope things out the night before during set-up.

Reaction score
I'll be setting up a booth again. Make sure you stop by BIGJIM! I'll probably be wearing some sort of Cobra t-shirt and Pittsburgh Pirates hat. Let me know if there is anything you are looking for as I can totally scope things out the night before during set-up.
Thanks!
I'm really not coming for anything specific, I just want to finally get to a show. If I see something I like, I'll definitely pick it up, but this will be one of those "hey, I never did pick that up but I'll take it now if the price is right" deals.
Thanks for the offer, I'll keep an eye out for you.

Reaction score
It sounds like it should be a pretty good show this time. I think James (the show's promoter) said that there have been over 250 dealer tables sold so far. I don't think their flyer or website said anything about parking, but parking costs at least $5...even for dealers!

Reaction score
I went to the Indianapolis Comic Con over the weekend and had a blast. It was the first show I had ever been to, and i think I caught the bug. They had a huge amount of vendors, and I even picked up the Gentle Giant Slave Leia statue for a good price. Oh did I mention I met Carrie Fisher and not only got my MOC Boushh signed by her but also a photo. Just an awesome time.

So I'm thinking of going to Steel City Con now, is it worth a drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I went to the Indianapolis Comic Con over the weekend and had a blast. It was the first show I had ever been to, and i think I caught the bug. They had a huge amount of vendors, and I even picked up the Gentle Giant Slave Leia statue for a good price. Oh did I mention I met Carrie Fisher and not only got my MOC Boushh signed by her but also a photo. Just an awesome time.

So I'm thinking of going to Steel City Con now, is it worth a drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indy Comic Con? Didn't know they have one! Sounds like an interesting show to go to! How big was it?

Reaction score
It was a pretty good time, lots to see. The convention center was about 400,000 square feet, but not all of it was used for the con. Here are some pics I took...

Reaction score
Everyone, save yourselves from ever attending the Medina Model Railroad and Toy Show, I attended (for about twenty minutes) this morning. I want my six bucks back.
99.9% of the vendors were selling model trains, cars, and Hot Wheels. The only SW I saw were about a half dozen E1 figures some guy wanted ten bucks a piece for.
The entire show was 55 and 60 year old guys in white hair. Frightening.

Reaction score
Everyone, save yourselves from ever attending the Medina Model Railroad and Toy Show, I attended (for about twenty minutes) this morning. I want my six bucks back.
99.9% of the vendors were selling model trains, cars, and Hot Wheels. The only SW I saw were about a half dozen E1 figures some guy wanted ten bucks a piece for.
The entire show was 55 and 60 year old guys in white hair. Frightening.
Sorry you had a bad experience at that show. Generally if a show advertises trains I stay the hell away. About 20 years ago there were a few good toy dealers that did a show outside of Cleveland at a Holiday Inn. Most of them either went to ebay or left the hobby. Small comic shows have better chances of toys unless you hit up Wizard, C-bus toy show or Steel City. I'd love to start my own show but overhead costs are expensive.

James

Reaction score
Sorry you had a bad experience at that show. Generally if a show advertises trains I stay the hell away. About 20 years ago there were a few good toy dealers that did a show outside of Cleveland at a Holiday Inn. Most of them either went to ebay or left the hobby. Small comic shows have better chances of toys unless you hit up Wizard, C-bus toy show or Steel City. I'd love to start my own show but overhead costs are expensive.

James
The C-bus toy show was decent, I may attend again.

I did pick up this flyer at that show yesterday.
Northeast Ohio Comic Con-Strongsville Holiday Inn Sunday, August 16, 2015
I'm wondering if it's the same group that did the one in Independence last year. It's only $3 to get it and it's about five minutes from my house, so I'll probably go, just to show support if anything.

Reaction score
Hmmm seems this year the Fall Columbus Toy-Show is going to be a 2 day event

Columbus Show « CTS Promotions

Never seen a strictly toy show be more then the Sunday date here in Columbus but the last Columbus Toyshow on 3/22 was decent so maybe they're expecting a bigger crowd this september
So that means one of two things will happen...
1. Dealers will hold items back on Saturday, so they have stuff to sell Sunday
2. By Sunday, everything good will be gone

I guess I'm heading down on Saturday.

Then again, Sunday afternoon would be a good time to haggle.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hmmm seems this year the Fall Columbus Toy-Show is going to be a 2 day event

Columbus Show « CTS Promotions

Never seen a strictly toy show be more then the Sunday date here in Columbus but the last Columbus Toyshow on 3/22 was decent so maybe they're expecting a bigger crowd this september
So that means one of two things will happen...
1. Dealers will hold items back on Saturday, so they have stuff to sell Sunday
2. By Sunday, everything good will be gone

I guess I'm heading down on Saturday.

Then again, Sunday afternoon would be a good time to haggle.

The reason James (CTS promoter) changed it to a 2-day show is because they are combining it with the Columbus Gaming Expo and utilizing the entire Ohio Expo Center Lauche Building. I think that because of combing the shows they are expecting to sell around 400 dealer tables, maybe more. The Fall show is typically better in my opinion than the Spring Show. The Spring Show always competes with other Toy shows and Comic Cons in surrounding states as well as JoeCon. There were a few dealers that usually set-up that did not at the last CTS because they were saving their Joe stuff to sell at JoeCon.

Reaction score
The reason James (CTS promoter) changed it to a 2-day show is because they are combining it with the Columbus Gaming Expo and utilizing the entire Ohio Expo Center Lauche Building. I think that because of combing the shows they are expecting to sell around 400 dealer tables, maybe more. The Fall show is typically better in my opinion than the Spring Show. The Spring Show always competes with other Toy shows and Comic Cons in surrounding states as well as JoeCon. There were a few dealers that usually set-up that did not at the last CTS because they were saving their Joe stuff to sell at JoeCon.
Sounds like I have to go.
See you there, Tim.

Reaction score
Sounds like I have to go.
See you there, Tim.
I'll probably be setting up one last time as a dealer. My older brother is sending me quite a few boxes of stuff to sell. Luckily since I'm local, I can always go home Saturday night and reload my table with more stuff to sell on Sunday.

Reaction score
I already saved it to the calendar and let my wife know last night.
As long as nothing comes up, I'll be heading down again. I'm hoping to see more Joes this time. Seeing the pics of the dealer room at Joecon last week brought a tear to my eye.