Local Toy Shows & Events

Reaction score
Yeah, the show gets bigger and bigger every time. For toy fans, it is the best show I have ever been to. The lines aren't usually too bad. It's pretty relaxed and James(the promoter) really works hard at making it a good show.

Reaction score
Nothing against the show in Michigan, since I've never been, but the proximity of the CTS to Cincinnati allows for the potential of finding some treasures you can't find in any other part of the country. Speaking of, I may bring some pre-production items if any of you guys would like to take a look (not for sale). My brother and I, along with Bill Wills and Tracy Hamilton (haven't met him yet) are doing 4 tables together, with probably half of it being shelving and boxes full of vintage Star Wars items.
Sean, you had me at "treasures"....

I am officially as excited about toys as a 35 year old man is legally allowed to be.

Ross

Reaction score
There may or may not be some original Kenner catalogues for sale at this show.... I can neither confirm not deny this.

Reaction score
I just wanted to bump this thread so some other non-Ohio people can see it. I would be surprised if there are any toy shows for the rest of the year that will surpass the amount of Star Wars stuff that will be at this show. I've heard some rumors and if they are true, I would highly suggest being there when the doors crack open at 8 AM. Should be pretty amazing!

Reaction score
I am already there camping outside as we speak. If you see a smelly, bearded man on the 15th in ratty clothes, that's me. Only question between now and then is when to liquidate the kids' 529 college savings accounts to get the highest return to fund what I plan to buy on the 15th....

Reaction score
I figured I'd give this a Monday Bump. Here are some of things we have, since I spent hours pricing stuff out this weekend. The best part is, we set up first thing Sunday morning, so if you are an early bird, you have the same chance as finding something as the dealers there :grin:

Star Wars:
500+ Loose figures 1977-1985 including Imperial Gunner, Pop-Up R2-D2 (carded), Blue Snaggletooth, Luke Stormtrooper, Lumat, Barada. We price all COO variants the same!
ALL Weapons and Accessories GAURANTEED AUTHENTIC
12" figures, some with boxes: Boba Fett, Stormtrooper, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Jawa, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Chewbacca, R2-D2 (remote control and regular version)
3 Sealed Max Rebo Bands and 1 Loose with the Box, 2 sealed Villain mailers, 1 open with all figures still in baggie
Several baggie figures and mailers
Carded Droids Figures
POTF Coins (possibly some prototypes)
Boxes of $2 figures for custom projects or for your kids to play with!
Vehicles such as: Imperial Shuttle, 2 or 3 Millenium Falcons w/box, Landspeeder w/box, 3 or 4 Death Star Playsets w/box, Jawa Sandcrawler, TIE Fighters, and more!
Playsets like Hoth Imperial Attack Base and Creature Cantina, multiple Ewok Villages loosed and boxed
Miscellaneous like Yoda Puppet in box, MPC Models (open and sealed), Electronic Battle Game
An ENORMOUS Amount of Parts (Please respond if you want us to bring this)
A bunch of new crap, which will be dirt cheap since it takes up too much room and we are getting out of our collection on anything after 1990.

GI Joe:
Several items still sealed, including some loose baggies with still sealed contents
Two large bins of parts for the vintage 12" figures and the regular 3 3/4" line
HUGE Parts Box

The Real Ghostbusters:
2 complete proton packs, 2 TKE Meters
Complete Ghost Popper
Ghost Trap
Lots of original, complete figures, some on the card
Ecto-1

M.A.S.K.
Many in the box, many loose- just many. Willing to do a REALLY low price on all at once!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT)

Nothing newer than 1992
Around 150 figures still on the card, many unpunched and rare lines like "Storage Shells" and "Movie Series" turtles. Also some rubber heads.
Around 30, loose complete figures.

Transformers:
Loose G1 items, one boxed Megatron Wireless Mic

Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark
:
Playset and multiple figures all sealed

Obscure:
Pee-Wee's playset complete with all figures
Talking Steve Urkel in box
Dungeons and Dragons figures
Beastmasters
He-Man MOTU
Superpowers Figures, many loose (Darkseid carded)
LOTS of complete Sectaurs
Sealed and NRFB Bone Age Dinosaurs
Roaring Jurassic Park dinosaurs
Buck Rogers 12" Tiger Man MIB
Atari Games MIB
Nintendo Power Glove sealed contents (Large)
Captain Planet figures MOC
Darcy
6 Million Dollar Man Items boxed
Bionic Woman items boxed
Hot Wheels Redlines
18" Kenner Alien in box
Police Academy
Battlestar Galactica
Bionic Six carded
Mego Dukes of Hazzard

Kenner internal items:
Several (10 I think) Kenner catalogues from the 70's and 80's in all conditions.
Kenner Employee Store order sheets
Hasbro Retirement Planning packet
Kenner envelopes
Jurassic Park Packaging Proofs- 1 of each color for a very rare item!
Beetlejuice Packaging Proofs
Batman Forever Packaging Proof
Robocop Packaging Proofs
Starting Lineups Hasbro Standard items
GI Joe Kenner Standard signed figure

Things I plan on bringing to show (not for sale) if I can find a glass case to house them:

Blue Snaggletooth first shot
Hammerhead first shot
Kenner Engineering award

Believe it or not, I did this from memory! Hope to see everyone there!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Posted in the Ohio Finds thread too, but wanted to support this guy's store, so I figured I would post here too:

Just found a retro brick and mortar store that just opened up in Willoughby (suburb of Cleveland). Here is link to the guy's site: Retroland Toys - Retroland Toys

Quick and dirty on it is that there is not much if any vintage SW stuff (a lot of POTF2, if that is your thing), but some MOTU and GI Joe and other stuff there. But store was very well organized with a very cool layout, and he has an old Atari, pinball machine, and Donkey Kong stand up arcade machine that you can play for free. I spent an hour or so chatting with the owner, Jim (who was an incredibly nice guy), giving him some pointers and criticism on the store.

In the days of e-commerce domination, it was great to actually be able to go to a brick and mortar place like this and touch and feel lots of different toys. I bought about $100 worth of stuff that I probably didn't need and wouldn't have bought if he wasn't such a good guy and I wanted to support him and the store (POTF2 Vader TIE Fighter, Dukes of Hazzard General Lee reissue from 1998, POTF2 Solo in Carbonite for my son, and a couple other random items).

If you can, go check the store out. Like I said, Jim is a gracious owner and he did a great job with the store.

Ross

Reaction score
Let me add some other REALLY GOOD THINGS I just picked up while I'm at it....
Amanaman in sealed baggies
Barada in sealed baggies
EV-9D9 in sealed baggies
Teebo in sealed baggies
Leia Poncho in sealed baggies
UBER-RARE Mail away electronic ESB toothbrushes (one still sealed!)
12" Darth Vader in box
12" Han Solo in box (NRFB)
12" Boba Fett complete in ESB Box
MINT diecast TIE Fighters
Carded Imperial Dignitary & Biker Scout
12" Luke Skyswalker in Box (NRFB)
ANOTHER 18" Alien in box!
Star Wars Lunchbox with thermos (Near Mint!)
Micro Death Star Escape in mailer box (NRFB)!
That's all I can remember for now. This show will be batsh1t insane!!!!

Reaction score
Looking forward to Sunday! Spent most of last night sorting through what I wanted to bring. In case anyone wanted to find me, I'll be wearing my Cobra The Enemy t-shirt and a Steelers or Pirates hat. I will probably also be one of, if not the only dealer with a MOC Yellow Stalker for sale. Stop by and introduce yourself.

Reaction score
See you guys on Sunday. I don't have a table (want to take it easy my first CTS), but will have some goodies with me to trade. I will be wearing my "This is Why I'm Hot" shirt that has a Super Mario flower (fire power) box on it.

Reaction score
Looking forward to Sunday! Spent most of last night sorting through what I wanted to bring. In case anyone wanted to find me, I'll be wearing my Cobra The Enemy t-shirt and a Steelers or Pirates hat. I will probably also be one of, if not the only dealer with a MOC Yellow Stalker for sale. Stop by and introduce yourself.
If you want to do any deals with me, I suggest not wearing the steelers hat around our table. :rolleyes:

Who Dey.
See you all Sunday

Reaction score
If you want to do any deals with me, I suggest not wearing the steelers hat around our table. :rolleyes:

Who Dey.
See you all Sunday
Good thing I didn't go, because if I saw you in a bungles hat or jersey I would have kept on walking by your table and gave my money to someone else.

Reaction score
CTS did not disappoint, even if I did see some Bengals (Sean) and Steelers (Tim) fans. Picked up some really good pieces there, and enough stuff to look at to pass the time. Spent about three hours there (had to hustle back to Toledo to watch the Browns get slaughtered (again)), and could have easily spent more. Will DEFINITELY go next April, and I hope to have enough inventory by then to set up my own shop.

Reaction score
Good thing I didn't go, because if I saw you in a bungles hat or jersey I would have kept on walking by your table and gave my money to someone else.
I'm not a steelers fan... My jersey isn't my only piece of clothing. Therefor, and I don't wear it unless it's game day. But in all seriousness, you missed out a great event and I even sold something to a guy who had on a Michigan hate and steelers shirt. It was hard not to vomit ;) See you at the next show in April, when we're both disappointed in our respective team haha.

CTS did not disappoint, even if I did see some Bengals (Sean) and Steelers (Tim) fans. Picked up some really good pieces there, and enough stuff to look at to pass the time. Spent about three hours there (had to hustle back to Toledo to watch the Browns get slaughtered (again)), and could have easily spent more. Will DEFINITELY go next April, and I hope to have enough inventory by then to set up my own shop.
Great meeting you man! There were a lot of Browns fans. I believe many of them were there for retail therapy, as they sensed the impending doom. I might be biased, since I had a really good day, but it was the best toy show I've ever been to for Star Wars. The selection was incredible and I finally picked up a VC Jawa at the end of the day!!!

Reaction score
Another event this Friday at the Brunswick library.
It's after hours so registration is required.

Star Wars Reads Day
Event Type: Special Events
Date: Friday, October 04, 2013
Start Time: 6:00 PM
Library: Brunswick Library
Description:
Come, you will! Special after-hours event for Star Wars fans of all ages. Trivia, crafts, costume contests, and more. Meet your favorite Star Wars characters. Wear your costume and bring your camera!
Age(s): All Ages

Reaction score
Anyone in NW Ohio ever been to this? Found this a while ago and just received a calendar reminder I had set. It is like two miles from my house, so definitely going.

Toledo, OH
Toledo Collectors' Toy Fair
Sylvania Exhibition Center at Tam-O-Shanter, 7060 Sylvania Ave.,
Sylvania, OH 43560

Sun Oct. 6, 2013 8am - 2:00pm Adm $8
General Admission - 1 day only - Sunday
FLOOR RIGHTS: Saturday at $35 ea. - 12:00pm - 4:30pm during vendor setup

Reaction score
You didn't miss much. Mostly die cast cars and other model vehicles. Barely any vintage action figures and no vintage SW. Picked up POTF Vader TIE Fighter, Shadows of Empire Slave I and POTF TIE Bomber all MIB for $40, and two MIB Vanilla Ice figures for $30 that I thought were hysterical and couldn't resist. Wouldn't go again though.

Reaction score
Glad I missed it. $30 on Vanilla Ice seems like too much for me!! Pretty funny though!:grin:

Reaction score
I went to that show back in 2000 when I joined OSWCC and drove down to meet the guys. After meeting them I found out that the club had a local region in Cleveland that was much closer. Lol!

It was mostly newer stuff and a bunch of diecast stuff then as well.

I still say that the best show in OH is the Columbus Toy Show and the Steel City Con in PA. Decent admission prices for the selection( as compared to Wizard World shows) and always a better selection of vintage to choose from.

James

Reaction score
Is anyone going to the first ever Cleveland Comicon in Independence next weekend?
The 501st will be there, among other cosplayers and they're supposed to have a vendor's room.
The guest all seem to just be actual comic illustrators and writers.

CELEVELAND COMIC CON HOME PAGE

Reaction score
Is anyone going to the first ever Cleveland Comicon in Independence next weekend?
The 501st will be there, among other cosplayers and they're supposed to have a vendor's room.
The guest all seem to just be actual comic illustrators and writers.

CELEVELAND COMIC CON HOME PAGE
As of right now, I'm going.
I told my wife it would be a smaller show, and I had a feeling it could be very lame, but she brought up a good point...if everyone thought like that and didn't go, they may never do it again.
I'll go and show my support in hopes that this show will continue for years to come, and hopefully grow.

Reaction score
As of right now, I'm going.
I want my ten bucks back.
Lame.
I only spent about an hour there and that's only because I walked all the exhibits seven or eight times. I saw so many facial piercings, brightly colored hair, and neck tattoos I thought I was at a roller derby convention.

Reaction score
I want my ten bucks back.
Lame.
I only spent about an hour there and that's only because I walked all the exhibits seven or eight times. I saw so many facial piercings, brightly colored hair, and neck tattoos I thought I was at a roller derby convention.
Sounds like a winner of a show.

Reaction score
Hey guys. Anything on the horizon in good old OH-IO? I am jonesing!!!!

Ross

Reaction score
I will be there... planning on 3 tables right now, possibly 4. I may have a table of all Kenner prototypes B). Unfortunately, no vintage Star Wars ones... or will there be?....:sneaky:

Reaction score
Bring pocket change for me.....I am going medium size for the show. Seriously though, I should have some quality stuff, but maybe not as much as the famous Lemcool bros......

Reaction score
Welp, had to go to 6 tables now. This show is going to be ***** to the wall. We're coming in the night before.... who wants to hit the bars?