Local Toy Shows & Events

Reaction score
Looks like someone deleted our old thread.

???

There's a toy show on February 10th at the Summit County Fairgrounds.
I can't seem to find much information on it so I'm wondering if it's an annual show and if anyone has ever attended. All I know is the date and it's being put on by Old Toyland Shows.
Sabresedge, I know you're out that way, have you ever been to this one?

Cleveland/Akron Ohio Toy Show 2013, Summit County Fairgrounds, Tallmadge, OH

Reaction score
It's been a few years since I've been to the Tallmadge show, but the last time it was pretty much Nascar stuff, Barbie dolls and a bunch of non-SW toys. I found a boxed G1 Optimus Prime reasonable there but that was about 15 years ago. LOL!

Wizard World bought a Cleveland area show a few years back but STILL hasn't done anything with it and I believe they never will.

Even though it's a bit of a drive for most Cleveland folks, I still think this is by far the best show within driving distance:

www.steelcitycon.com

James

Reaction score
Thanks, man.
I'm always looking for a show to attend but with a four year old, it's hard to find the time to head anywhere more thyan an hour away.
Every now and then, I hear about a collectables show in the Southpark mall but I have no idea where or how it's promoted, and usually find out about it after the fact.

Reaction score
I've heard about this show before, but I havent gone to it - I've actually never been to one or a comic-con, etc. It would be cool if there were some in the area. I dont want to go to a show and look at diecast cars though, lol. I could just as easily go to a store like Big Fun, and see a better selection...

One event I regret missing is when Edward James Olmos was in the area for some type of comic-con a few years ago, but I heard about it after the fact. As a fan of BSG that would have been a cool intro into conventions.

Reaction score
I guess there's a toy show at the fairgrounds this Sunday in Mansfield.
Anyone heading out there? Is it worth it?

Reaction score
Been there many times over the years. It is an ok show. It is small. Usually there is new and vintage SW stuff there and sometimes some GI Joe stuff. Many of the dealers have hot wheels and NASCAR items. You can walk through the whole place and see everything in less than an hour.

Reaction score
Toy Show at the Fremont Fairgrounds this weekend. Not sure what time it starts, but saundo and therealmrmaul and I are going to make the trip.

Got back and unless you are a huge fan of Farm Toys, I suggest you stay away from the show.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Columbus Toy show is Sunday, April 14th!

This will probably be my last time setting up and I might be bringing my modern Star Wars collection to liquidate. I haven't decided for sure yet.

Here is what else I will be bringing:
Vintage & modern G.i. Joes - some complete vintage vehicles w/ boxes, modern exclusives (SDCC & Joe Con)
Vintage Transformers (Complete - Shockwave, Megatron (w/ box), Devastator, Bruticus, Defensor, and lots of various others) - all in played with condition, but some are better than others. Looking to sell the whole lot with some extras tossed in!
Yu-Gi-Oh card collection

Reaction score
My brother and I will be setting up this year at the April 14th show in Columbus. We have the following and won't be setting up until early that morning, which means collectors will have the same chance as dealers in getting items.
-A few hundred vintage loose figures. We allow you to pick the figure and each accessory, item to complete the figure so you get exactly what you want. NO REPROS.
-Some carded POTF figures
-Transformers G1 Megatron Wireless Mic MIB Super Rare
-Working Vintage AT-ATs w/box
-Complete Ewok Village MIB
-Rare ESB Boxed figure display stand
-Star Trek Mego MIB figures
-Buck Rogers Mego MIB figures
-Dengar vintage first shot (to show, not for sale, if AFA gets their act together and I receive it in time)
-GI Joe hand painted first shots
-Mega Action Obi-Wan First Shot Prototype- his legs swing instead of his arms!
-Various newer items

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll be at the Columbus show on Sunday. I have a bunch of loose DCUC and Collect-n-Connect figures (though nothing too rare), a few MOTU Classics figures MOC, LEGO sets from several different lines (mostly Star Wars), and a handful of Gentle Giant mini busts. Let me know if there's anything you are looking for and I can set it aside if you are attending.

Reaction score
Hope to see you there Zodach! My brother and I just priced everything out. For anyone looking for vintage loose figures in C-8 and above, we have priced everything competitively below Ebay selling prices, and you can actual build your figure with weapons and accessories to make sure you get exactly what you want. Everything is GUARANTEED authentic, and we literally have hundreds of near-mint figures to choose from. We are setting up first thing Sunday morning too so the public has just as much chance of buying things as other dealers do. Also, looking for trades for our own collections!

Reaction score
It's a great show, keeps getting bigger and bigger. I've set up the last couple years but not this time, van was totalled in a wreck so I have no transportation for the toys other than the trunk of my car. Not enough room to make it worthwhile. Planning on coming and being a buyer. If you have either of the POTF Ewoks, Gen Lando, or Imp dignitary I'm interested...

Reaction score
It's a great show, keeps getting bigger and bigger. I've set up the last couple years but not this time, van was totalled in a wreck so I have no transportation for the toys other than the trunk of my car. Not enough room to make it worthwhile. Planning on coming and being a buyer. If you have either of the POTF Ewoks, Gen Lando, or Imp dignitary I'm interested...
I believe we have some carded POTF ewoks, a Lando General, and possibly a Imperial Dignitary but not positive. I believe we may have a loose Warok, Lumat, Romba, and Lando General but no loose Dignitary. We are setting up Sunday morning, so you have just as much chance of scoring something good as the others. :grin: If you need loose, complete authentic figures without having to pay shipping, I doubt you'll find a bigger selection.

Reaction score
Mid Ohio (Wizard World Columbus) or what ever it is now called is coming up. Just checked on a one day pass, $45!!! $45 is definitely not worth the price. Unbelievable.

Reaction score
Anybody know of any "May the Fourth" events taking place in the Cleveland area?
It's a Saturday this year.
TRU is having an event. They are giving away free legos. and have a build thing going on promoting the Yoda Chronicles.

Reaction score
Our local library used to do an awesome event with games & activities for kids and the 501st and other cosplayers would show up. I checked the calendar and they have something else scheduled that day.
Seems like a missed opportunity, last year the place was packed and they had afew hundred people show up over the three hours they did it.

They also had a SW Q&A the day before for adults which brought out some 'interesting' people. You nerds are weird.

Reaction score
The Ohio Star Wars Collectors Club (OSWCC) annual state-wide social is July 13, 2013 and will be held on the campus of Case Western reserve University in Cleveland, OH. We're planning a wide array of events, including an on-sire after-party. Overnight accommodations are also available. Checkout the details on the OSWCC website! OSWCC.com

Reaction score
Just wanted to remind everyone that the OSWCC Summer Social is 2 days away in Cleveland at Case Western Reserve University. Lots of stuff to see and purchase including event only exclusive swag and shirts. All the info you need is at www.oswcc.com and hope to see some new faces there on Saturday!B)

James

Reaction score
Hey guys. Great connecting with some fellow Ohioans on here. I just joined up, and Sean was nice enough to tell me about the Columbus toy show on September 15. Here is the site he passed on to me:

CTS Promotions

I am in NW Ohio (suburb of Toledo). Nothing here as far as brick and mortar shops, so I am jonesing for a convention!

Take care.

Ross

Reaction score
Ross, one of the best shows in our neck of the woods is the Motor City Comic Con held annually in Novi, Michigan in May.

Motor City ComicCon 2013 - Welcome to Motor City Comic Con!

It is only about an hour's drive from Toledo.

Another show that exists in Ohio is the Mid-Ohio Con, aka the WizardWorld Ohio, aka Ohio Comic Con. This show was pretty good the last time I attended, bit over the past four years or so, they jacked up ticket prices to $40 a day, I believe, and what others have told me, have not been worth the cost.

MCCC is about the best value for your dollar.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ross, one of the best shows in our neck of the woods is the Motor City Comic Con held annually in Novi, Michigan in May.

Another show that exists in Ohio is the Mid-Ohio Con, aka the WizardWorld Ohio, aka Ohio Comic Con. This show was pretty good the last time I attended, bit over the past four years or so, they jacked up ticket prices to $40 a day, I believe, and what others have told me, have not been worth the cost.

Be sure to arm yourself.

Reaction score
It is in a burb of Detroit and is completely safe. Never had a problem going for the past 20 years.

Reaction score

Ross, this is true, the MCCC is a great all around show if you are looking for everything supergeek. You are right as well. If you want an all-around show for TOYS, and are not interested in going to see celebrities, CTS is a great show. I've set up a booth there for both year's shows the last 3 years and it has gotten bigger and bigger each time. I have ALMOST convinced SWDave to go. They have all sorts of toys from new stuff all the way back to the 40s and 50s. It's less than $10 admission and you might find something you want. I go to sell but end up buying stuff. How broad scoped this toy show is...I saw a boxed waterworld craft at the last show. Now that's obscure. One guy had a full set of MOC Captain Power figs...almost bought them. Half the dealers at this show come from Cincy and bring Kenner pre-pro stuff. A couple sellers even come from Cleveland, but we still like them:grin:.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, guys. Much appreciated.

Dave, funny that you mention it but even thought I had just moved to Toledo less than a year before I went, I did make it to MCCC last year, and it was an amazing experience. Attached for your viewing pleasure are a couple pics of my little dude with some of the best costumes I saw there. I was more there for the general experience and the toys, and it did not disappoint. Next year, however, I would get there at least a few hours before it opens on Saturday, as we stood in line for like two hours to get in. Wife and two kids did not love that....

Mr. Maul, are you setting up a booth again at CTS? I totally plan to be there. What is the cost for a booth? I have acquired enough inventory that I would consider doing so too, although I may want to gain some more experience / go solely as a buyer initially for the first year before doing so. Thanks.

Ross

Reaction score
James, for sure will do on that one. Wife is due to have our third child October 7, so I am trying to convince her to make the drive, but I should be able to pull it off.

James and Dave, what is your experience at CTS? Do I need to get there really early to avoid crazy lines? Or should it be pretty chill?

Reaction score
James and Dave, what is your experience at CTS? Do I need to get there really early to avoid crazy lines? Or should it be pretty chill?
They do early buyer admission at 8AM and if you aren't setting up a booth I would get there by 8AM. The past few times that I set-up tables I actually sold more stuff the night of set-up or before the show started than I did all day during the show. There won't be a mad-dash inside, but if there is something in particular you really want I would get there as early as possible.

That being said, I will be setting up a table again. After we moved, I realized just how much stuff I had and mostly didn't want anymore. If your looking for deals on modern Star Wars I will be looking to unload quite a few things.

Reaction score
Sounds good, Tim. Will look for you as well.

When it gets closer to the date, if you guys can tell me what to look for when looking for you, I will make sure to seek you guys out first before going to anyone else. May bring a few goodies to trade too!

Ross

Reaction score
I haven't been to the show in a couple of years. The last time I was there, things were pretty cool, not huge crowds, and easy to get around. I wouldn't worry too much. Nothing compared to Motor City CC.

Reaction score
James, for sure will do on that one. Wife is due to have our third child October 7, so I am trying to convince her to make the drive, but I should be able to pull it off.

I have never done this show but have known the promoter for years. We both do the Steel City Con in PA. From what I heard he gets a few thousand people through the door and has a steady clientele of regular attendees. I would always recommend an early bird if offered for the best selection.

James

Reaction score
I thought about doing the Cincinnati Comic Con, but it was extremely cost prohibitive. It would have cost me about $350 for one 8' table for the weekend, and at the time I had to make a decision, there were only 2 or 3 toy vendors that were going to sign up. As for the CTS toy show, I suggest joining their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/CTS-Promotions/114302601916070 to get an idea of the last event they had. It was the first time I had ever been or set up at this show, and I hear it was the biggest crowd they ever had. If they continue to grow, the show on September should be even larger. Nothing against the show in Michigan, since I've never been, but the proximity of the CTS to Cincinnati allows for the potential of finding some treasures you can't find in any other part of the country. Speaking of, I may bring some pre-production items if any of you guys would like to take a look (not for sale). My brother and I, along with Bill Wills and Tracy Hamilton (haven't met him yet) are doing 4 tables together, with probably half of it being shelving and boxes full of vintage Star Wars items. I also have some newer stuff to move and will be selling the 1995 and newer carded figures for only $3 each or 2 for $5. Hope to see everyone there. I will either have my Darth Vader "Who's Your Daddy" or Chewbacca "I'm a Lover Not a Biter" shirt on. :D