Local Area Reports # 16: Long Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
I cleaned ALL my neighbors sidewalks and driveways. That sound you hear is me patting myself on the back
Having karma on your side is never a bad thing! lol. I worked a little bit at a Help for Long Island thing where we put together bags of toys/clothes for struggling families...they had about a dozen SW figures as well as a Ob-Wan starfighter among the toys. Hopefully they found their way to future 'Scummers! lol

Reaction score
Yeah...my back is still aching from shoveling.

Nice work, wookieboy; most of my charity contributions are monetary, must feel good to help out.

As for my Christmas expectations, SW related anyhow, it's kinda hard to find anything to ask the wife for that she can order or buy easily somewhere but I did send her the link for the lightsaber chopsticks: something cool to have that I probably wouldn't normally pick up.

In my holiday shopping travels, I hit Amok time for some back issues of MAD for my brother. Of course, I broke down and bought myself the Plourr Ilo/Dllr Nep comic pack, even though it was 21.99. I believe it's supposed to be a WM exclusive and between the way the comic packs have been going and my past luck with exclusives, I didn't wanna pass it up. They had the Ig97/Rom Mohc and Storm Commando/Gen. Weir packs too, but for that price I didn't care that much. I think all three packs are really just old figs. repainted with new heads, IG97 looks like a battle droid body, pilots are pilots, etc.

Reaction score
It was weird - I was shoveling on Sunday and found this cave. There was some dude hanging upside-down from the ceiling muttering something about a "force" and somebody named "Ben." I left him there - I had too much shoveling to do.

Hmmm . . . my wife has this awesome ability to surprise me with my Christmas gifts, so I'm not sure what to expect. She has gotten me in the past with 2 of the Mark Ecko T-shirts last year, and my completely awesome, irreplaceable, compliments every time I wear it Darth Vader hockey jersey. I have never, ever, seen one on sale since she got it for me. Not on EBay, Craigslist, nowhere. If I can dig up a pic of it I'll have to share it.

She's a big fan of Ahsoka & the female Jedi from CW, so she's getting the ArtFX Ahsoka statue & an autographed Luminara figure.

By the way . . . I am still looking for a Rum Sleg & Clegg Holdfast from the TPM wave, and a Major Panno & Nikto Gunner from the RotJ wave (among others). If you find them anywhere, stash em for me please. Centereach Wally has done an awesome job helping me catch up, and their sales on basic figs has helped me up my UPC count so I can get 2 Nahdar Vebb mail-aways when they start releasing them.

Happy Holidays all!!
James (Darth) Lynch

Reaction score
Hey fellas. This time of year I kind of take a break. The stores are just too crowded, sweaty, hot, smelly(B-O)
Plus there is not much out there.

Reaction score
DarthBuff said:
Hey fellas. This time of year I kind of take a break. The stores are just too crowded, sweaty, hot, smelly(B-O)
Plus there is not much out there.
thanks for the descriptive comments!

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to my fellow Long Islanders. Now comes the fun part of waiting for January's inventory counts.

Mike

Reaction score
Merry Christmas L.I.! Got the CW Y-Wing, the WM Dewback & AT-ST, the Gellagrub BP and the Target Clone Wars 4 packs. All of which I knew were coming, but my 7 year old daughter got me most of the Avatar figures and vehicles because I "needed them for my museum". Hope everyone had a great holiday.

Reaction score
ran into SITH DARTH RAGE b4 at pequa wally and I picked up a turbo tank for $50,minus $5 with coupon and octo droid for $17 and DOUBLEDOWN came down and get himself a turbo tank and octo droid as for and a couple of evo sets for $12 and some random figures, using 5 couple all together saving $25!

Reaction score
Just remembered that, earlier today, Walmart Setauket had the Turbo Tank for $49.99. They had 5 of them on one of those 4 sided displays in the main aisle. Facing the TV/electronics area.

Reaction score
Happy new year guys! Christmas was fun here. I got the Medicom VCD R2-D2 & Yoda and I also got the Boba Fett w/Han in Carbonite GG Animaquette, all of which are totally AWESOME. Also got 2 SW games for the DS, Lego Saga & Republic Heroes. Everyone here pretty much got everything they wanted which was nice. No family fighting either, lol.

Enough of this damned snow already!

Very cool Clone Wars episodes last night, love the Commando Droids and I like what they're doing whith the story line, less of the little kiddie b/s! Happy to see more council members too.

Reaction score
atreyu2112 said:
Happy new year guys! Christmas was fun here. I got the Medicom VCD R2-D2 & Yoda and I also got the Boba Fett w/Han in Carbonite GG Animaquette, all of which are totally AWESOME. Also got 2 SW games for the DS, Lego Saga & Republic Heroes. Everyone here pretty much got everything they wanted which was nice. No family fighting either, lol.

Enough of this damned snow already!

Very cool Clone Wars episodes last night, love the Commando Droids and I like what they're doing whith the story line, less of the little kiddie b/s! Happy to see more council members too.
we didnt get any show in nassau but I was just out east at my brothers and he was getting pounded with it.

Reaction score
It snowed on and off allnight in Garden City. The cars were actually covered for a little while until the friggin wind blew it off. Walmart had lots of figures this morning, TPM, ESB and ROTJ waves again.

Reaction score
has anyone seen "repaint wave" in the bonus 2 packs yet at walmart (hologram dooku, death star gunner, paddle and the other min jedi) yet?

Reaction score
In the immortal words of Mel Brooks . . .

"We ain't found s---!"

Seriously, I've found the AT-AT driver from the ESB wave but thats about it. I am also still looking for Rum Sleg & Clegg Holdfast from the TPM wave (found them each twice, always on ruined cards) and Major Panno & Nikto Gunner from the RotJ wave (same as above).

Reaction score
Darth_Lynch said:
In the immortal words of Mel Brooks . . .

Seriously, I've found the AT-AT driver from the ESB wave but thats about it. I am also still looking for Rum Sleg & Clegg Holdfast from the TPM wave (found them each twice, always on ruined cards) and Major Panno & Nikto Gunner from the RotJ wave (same as above).
well, if you want them on mint cards, your gonna have to pay $11.49 for them at rite aid.

Reaction score
well, if you want them on mint cards, your gonna have to pay $11.49 for them at rite aid.

Yeah, I've been avoiding that. I may make a stop today & see what I can find. The centereach wally was really good for a while - I found the RotS, ANH, half the TPM & ESB waves all in like 2 days just a week before xmas. Now they just have pegs completely full of CW & Legends cards, including an endcap, and no BOGOs.

sigh I guess I'm paying 2015 prices now . . .

Reaction score
Darth_Lynch said:

Yeah, I've been avoiding that. I may make a stop today & see what I can find. The centereach wally was really good for a while - I found the RotS, ANH, half the TPM & ESB waves all in like 2 days just a week before xmas. Now they just have pegs completely full of CW & Legends cards, including an endcap, and no BOGOs.

sigh I guess I'm paying 2015 prices now . . .
well, buy it at wally then buy a second at rite aid then return the damaged one to rite aid! ive heard people have done that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.