Local Area Reports # 16: Long Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Re: Long Island Local Area Reports

Finished my Wave 2 Vintage today at Setauket Walmart. I also checked the shelves and pallets and no sign of Jabba yet.

Mike

Reaction score

Hit TRU in Stony Brook today - they had a peg for the CW exclusive Nikto Guard but it was empty. It also had a sticker that said 9/14, which means either we all missed it (ie scalpers got em) or they didn't get them in yet. Anybody seen them in the wild yet?

They also had the AT-AT in the Vintage packaging, so if you are waiting for it there it is. And 3 pegs of Kul Teskas - tempted to buy another as an opener, he looks sooooo cool.

Reaction score

Darth_Lynch said:
Hit TRU in Stony Brook today - they had a peg for the CW exclusive Nikto Guard but it was empty. It also had a sticker that said 9/14, which means either we all missed it (ie scalpers got em) or they didn't get them in yet. Anybody seen them in the wild yet?

They also had the AT-AT in the Vintage packaging, so if you are waiting for it there it is. And 3 pegs of Kul Teskas - tempted to buy another as an opener, he looks sooooo cool.
I think I've seen like two or three of the Nikto Guards in the new TRU in Rego Park yesterday.

When I was in HK around July, I actually saw them and had no idea he is an exclusive. Still have no interest in it.

Reaction score
Found TLV wave 2, foil cards included, at the Stony Brook TRU. I stashed a couple of the foil figures too, the ones they seemed to have less of in good condition - a couple Manga Guards, a Han Hoth, and a Cody. Facing the CW reset at the front of the store, go to the far side of the left floor display. Bunch of blasters - they are behind the older red-card blasters. Still no CW Nikto guard or the Ki-Adi wave.

Reaction score
Found Wave 2 of the Vintage Collection at East Meadow Walmart. Picked up a Sidious, Anakin, and Magnaguard. The cards were bent but thankfully the figures were in good condition. Unfortunately there was only one of each figure; however there is still 2xSandtrooper there, a clone trooper and a Grievious I think.

Reaction score

gunbuster718 said:
I think I've seen like two or three of the Nikto Guards in the new TRU in Rego Park yesterday.

When I was in HK around July, I actually saw them and had no idea he is an exclusive. Still have no interest in it.
are the SW exclusives regular price at rego park or are they marked up like douglaston, whitestone, middle village and LIC?

Reaction score

Found the Clone Wars Nikto at Bayshore TRU on Sunday morning.

Reaction score

Anyone see the Clone Wars Arc Troopers BP around yet?

Reaction score
Sonnova . . . I was their this AM & they wre not out! Must have put them out after 10. I'm gonna have to run up there early tomorrow & pray I find one. Still looking for CW Ki-Adi too, got the rest already. Hoping I'd get him during the TRU sale this week. Guess I'll just grab a couple more 501st clones for my collection & the UPCs.

Reaction score

DarthBuff said:
Anyone see the Clone Wars Arc Troopers BP around yet?
Found the Mandalorian and Arc Trooper battle packs this evening at TRU in Bayshore. They only had 1 of each, which I bought.

Reaction score

Weird, I was at Bayshore TRU today around 4pm. Did not see them.

Reaction score

Haven't seen the new BPs yet, but I did get my CW Nikto in stony brook TRU today. They had 3 left & pegs full of repacked CW figs and the 1st wave of blue packed CW figures.

Unlike holbrook TRU, which has empty pegs a plenty, even in the front CW section. Looks awful when you walk up to it & see all the blank pegs.

Still looking for the CW Ki-Adi-Mundi, and the next wave is starting to hit in some places. That's a biggee for me.

Reaction score

I need the whole Ki-Adi wave plus the Camo ARF, if you guys see them, please stash or pick up & PM me!
\m/ (-_-) \m/

Reaction score

DarthBuff said:
Weird, I was at Bayshore TRU today around 4pm. Did not see them.
They had 2 more in the aisle tonight around 6:30. Too many people and employees around to stash it though.

Reaction score

If anyone comes across a Mandalorian with Speeder Bike please stash and PM me. Thanks.

Reaction score

Did find the Arc Trooper and Mandolorian BP's at Massapequa TRU yesterday evening. They did have one of each when I left.

Reaction score

DarthBuff said:
If anyone comes across a Mandalorian with Speeder Bike please stash and PM me. Thanks.
Only saw this now, but Centereach Walmart did have the set.

Picked up all of the ROTS wave there too! All in one shot, which had me really surprised. Went to Fourth World Comics too and picked up the rest of the Futurama figures that I was missing.

Reaction score

Just opened up a few birthday presents! My girlfriend got me several manga titles and a 9" Yoshi figure.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score

Happy Birthday Anthony!! From one October (9th) birthday to another.

Mike

Reaction score

atreyu & everyone else - found the Ki-Adi CW wave at Medford Target tonight around 630. They had 2-3 of each figure so I did not stash any, also had the RotS wave.

Some low life swapped a CW Mundi for a different one - comic pack I think - taped it up so poorly the bubble was hanging off the card & returned it. I got it off the pegs & brought it to CS to get it out of circulation. When I did, the girl started ringing me up for a return! I had to explain to her 3 times that someone else ripped them off and a CS person took the return without looking at it and that I was trying to be nice. The lack of caring from the employees boggles the mind!

Anyway - new CW at Medford Target. No new BPs or vehicles though.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score

It's not crazy, just shows how little pride people have in their work anymore. I can't tell you how many times Ive seen KB Toys and other price stickers on items in TRU!! How lazy must you be to not see a competitor's price tag on an item someone is returning? Best was down south earlier this year I saw green holo carded POTF on the pegs. Sticker on it said Item not found, $6.99.
Do you blame the people returning these items or the customer service that doesn't care? I don't expect CS to know what toys belong in certain packaging but when I bring it to your attention and say there are $10 worth of toys in your $50 package, I dont expect you to say Thanks and proceed to put it back on the shelf 30 seconds after I leave! I do feel really bad for the unexpecting parents and kids who get stuck with what amounts to be junk.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.