Local Area Reports # 16: Long Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Picked up Clone Wars wave 2 at Commack Walmart. Gosh, I hate going into Walmart.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
atreyu2112 said:
Mike Ritter - CV - report?

Was that your cereal box on the front page a few days ago?
Hey guys, finally made it back from CV and a week walking around in disgusting heat and humidity around Disney, but it was all worth it.
CV was great, didn't hear too many complaints so it sounds like Reed did a good job. Hope LFL sticks with them. Crowds weren't too big so it kept everything managable. Hasbro managed their lines well, never saw a big back up. GG though looked poorly run. Their line was long every morning, even before the doors opened. Fortunately I had an exhibitor badge and was able to get my Fett Wed. night before the show even opened.

Regarding the cereal box, I sponsored the Grape Hutts box that was one of the first shown. I think they got a positive response from most panel goers. Now I just have to see how they do on the aftermarket.

Back locally, I picked up the Kit/Mace CW line yesterday at Mid Island Walmart. Also got my Pre Vis finally. Centereach Walmart had a selection of newer Legends and Setauket Walmart had nothing. I'm seeing the AT-AT around in decent numbers but still haven't jumped at one yet, probably waiting for TRU's vintage. Speaking of TRU, Holbrook had several of their exlusive figs and their 3 3/4 are Buy One Get One 1/2 off. Nothing new spotted there yesterday. Sayville KMart had their exclusive clone 4pack but no Jodo Kasts, still have to find him.

Mike

Reaction score
Picked up another Battle Droid Commander at Commack Walmart today. Lone new Clone Wars fig on the pegs. Plenty of Vintage figs though.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Picked up a Jodo Kast from Sayville KMart this afternoon. Did not see any additional on the shelves.

Mike

Reaction score
Hey fella's. Anyone see the Mandalorian with speeder bike at retail on LI yet? Thanks.

Reaction score
I saw the Obi-Wan with the side car speeder tonight at Walmart in Uniondale. So they must have sold the Mando one because I think they are packed together. Anyone seeing any Jabba's around? If anyone does see one, please stash 1 for me. Thanks.

Reaction score
Re: Comic Cons in October - Anyone in?

You bet! I'm going to try to make it to the NYCC.

Picked up a few legends figures tonight. Nothing crazy.

Reaction score
Re: Comic Cons in October - Anyone in?

Already got Sat ticket for NYCC (Cosmic Comics has tix for sale there)
Probably gonna hit Big Apple on Sat too.

Reaction score
Re: Long Island Local Area Reports

TRU Bayshore had the vintage box AT-AT and they had 1 each of the Vintage series 2 Obi-Wan and Clone Trooper.

Reaction score

Still have not seen the Mando with Speeder bike at retail yet.

Reaction score

DarthBuff said:
Still have not seen the Mando with Speeder bike at retail yet.
I saw the Obi-Wan Speeder again. This time at Setauket Wal-Mart, but no Mando Bike. This was on Wednesday. Sombody's getting them.

Reaction score

Forgot to post last night, but East Meadow Wal-Mart had Vintage series 2. I took the only Palpatine and Anakin. There were no Bodyguards or Sandtroopers, but about 3 Obi-Wans, 1 clone and 2 Codys.

Reaction score

jedichicken said:
Forgot to post last night, but East Meadow Wal-Mart had Vintage series 2. I took the only Palpatine and Anakin. There were no Bodyguards or Sandtroopers, but about 3 Obi-Wans, 1 clone and 2 Codys.
yea, my friend called me and said they put out 3 cases. he took the good ones!

Reaction score

anyone having any luck with finding Jabba's throne?

Reaction score

well, a collector, to whom shall remain nameless, called the the pequa store a while back and nabbed the only 2 jabbas they got in!

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:
No one has at least spotted Jabba around here?
I got my Jabba at the Middle Island WalMart back on Aug 2nd. After that I stopped looking so I can't say if any others popped up around the area. I wouldn't be concerned yet, Hasbro has to milk as much out of the mold as they can and I am sure they will show up in decent numbers. Things have changed a lot since the late 90's and Walmart's Cantina Showdown Cinema Scene. That was a pain to find and actually had to call corporate when an employee offered to sell me one for $40. The past few years I haven't had any issue finding exclusives. In other words, be patient.
I'll be sure to stash and post if I come across any in my travels.

BTW, Bay Shore TRU had the vintage packaged AT-AT yesterday if anyone is interested.

Mike

Reaction score

Called up ever Walmart within 50 miles and no one has it.
Funny thing is, almost all of them knew exactly what I was talking about.

Reaction score

Its crazy.....I stop collecting and I friggin find EVERYTHING!!! I never had this luck before
go figure?

Reaction score

Haven't found a thing since I grabbed Kul Teska & the 1st waves of Vintage & CW. Has anybody seen the TRU CW Nikto figure? I thought it was due out around now.

Reaction score

Darth_Lynch said:
Haven't found a thing since I grabbed Kul Teska & the 1st waves of Vintage & CW. Has anybody seen the TRU CW Nikto figure? I thought it was due out around now.
Haven't seen anything good in a while!

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score

Setauket Walmart must have had a few cases of wave 2 Vintage as I picked up 2 foil and regular figs from there this afternoon.

Nothing at Centereach Walmart.

Mike

Reaction score

Michael_Ritter said:
Setauket Walmart must have had a few cases of wave 2 Vintage as I picked up 2 foil and regular figs from there this afternoon.

Nothing at Centereach Walmart.

Mike
Thanks Mike! No Jabba?

Reaction score

all the new guys are at targets now

Status
Not open for further replies.