Local Area Reports # 16: Long Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Saw a few vintage, think you guys are right, gonna wait to find em cheaper.
Speaking of which, any AT-AT sightings? I have a 20% off 1 item @ TRU coupon that's good for a couple more days that I'd love to use...

Reaction score
Everyone who knows my SW passion emailed me a link to that story! Too funny, really, except from what I've read the guy was deadly serious and seemed prepared to shoot people.

I hope he got a lot of cash from that, because when Lucas hears about this he'll sue for copyright violation.

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I have to admit I am the Darth Vader Bankrobber. I needed to do it to afford the Vintage Collection figures, and buy one Sideshow statue. Unfortunately, the bank's entire stock was not enough to get even the first wave of VC.

Reaction score
TRU in Lake Grove had their exclusive Clone Wars Kul Teska, $14.99 - about 12 of him. Nothing else new.

Setauket Target & Walmart are remodeling the entire stores plus they haven't done the reset yet.

I am looking for the Avatar: Last Airbender movie figures - not Aang with the glider, the rest of them like Blue Spirit, Zuko, Sokka, Water Aang, Katara, Iroh & Zhao - if you guys see them, please stash & PM me... Thanks!

Reaction score
Yep, $100.

Bayshore Target put out all their stuff. As of yesterday (Sat night) they had the new Deluxe Clone Wars vehicles of Cad Bane w/speeder, Anakin and Naboo ship & Plo Koon w/speeder all for $15.99. They had Wave 1 of Clone Wars And Saga Legends for $6.99. And a few vintage for $7.99. They also had the Snowspeeder and Cloud Car and other repaint vehicles. For you G.I. Joe fans they had a few of the new figures. Also, they had a few Marvel Universe figures of Colossus, AIM Trooper and Juggernaut on a back endcap with a bunch more of the Clone Wars figures. I guess the drought is over!

Reaction score
Star_Wars_Paul said:
Anyone find the MU Target 2-Packs? Looking for 1 opener & 1 keeper of each.
Thanks!
Paul
I saw a few of them at Target Bayshore. I didn't get any since I'm an opener and I have the figures anyway.

Reaction score
Commack Target North did their reset. They had all the new stuff out. $7.99 for Vintage. Got the CW Pre-Vizla wave. The Galactic Heroes AT-AT looks awesome. I might have to get that.

Reaction score
My collection bedroom wall (stuff has been moved around already):

Toy room wall #1:

Star Wars Titanium & Action Fleet (before last 2 Titanium waves hit, which I also have):

My Titanium & Action Fleet pics are old, but when you see them in the new shots, you won't be able to see all of what I have. Hope you enjoy, more to come!

Might be selling the Clone Wars Animaquettes tho...

Reaction score
got a new jabba at massapequa walmart early tonight. didn't even know it was out until today.

Reaction score
Centereach Walmart had 4 skids of toys ready to go out tonight. on the bottom corner of the skid next to a pole there are 2 sealed cases of new Clone Wars figures - so there are 2 Pre-Viszla's there for grabs!!!

Reaction score
May try to stop by and find a Jabba. Anybody seen the Kul Teska's out in the last day or so? Its the only one from the August releases I need. Gonna stop by Holbrook TRU after work, and I'll make the trip to Smithaven if I need to.

Reaction score
TRU in Massapequa had the Kul Teska yesterday about 2pm. At least 4-6 of them.

Reaction score
Thanks DB. Took a chance & stopped by Holbrook TRU - the had 1 case + a few extra Vintage, about 2 cases CW, and tons of the new Legends. Also about 2 cases of Kul Teska, the RC Hailfire, At-At (not in the Vintage packaging), and the new Deluxe figs.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Darth_Lynch said:
Thanks DB. Took a chance & stopped by Holbrook TRU - the had 1 case + a few extra Vintage, about 2 cases CW, and tons of the new Legends. Also about 2 cases of Kul Teska, the RC Hailfire, At-At (not in the Vintage packaging), and the new Deluxe figs.
Was just about to post the same thing, only thing miss when I stopped by was Pre-Vis. Is he going to be one of those stupid figures I can't find again and have to go to the aftermarket? I hate those figs with just a bit extra hype that the speculators pounce on them. Good to see new stuff on the pegs.

And just wondering, how many of the LI contingent are heading down for CV next week?

Mike

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Thanks Adam but I'm not giving up yet!
There are only 5-6 figures (not including exclusives) that I had to resort buying on the secondary market since 1995, and of those I saw 3-4 of them after I bought the figure. I expect him to be like Cad Bane and show up in decent numbers in following waves. Thanks for the offer.

Mike

Reaction score
I think Pre Vis will be around in numbers, just have to be persistent.

And I will be heading to CV, but have to work through Friday so I'm just going down for sat-sun, then to Harry Potter & Disney for the rest of next week!

Reaction score
Picked up Animated Rodimus & Ironhide today at Holbrook TRU. The Rodimus is sick lookin. Saw MP Grimlock at LG TRU but $70!!! Skipping that one for now.

Any sightings of CW w2 or 3 on the Island yet?

Ritter - we need stories man! How was CV and how did the cereal box thing go? Any pics?

Reaction score
Oh yeah, forgot to mention MOTUC Whiplash arrived today. Another awesome figure indeed. Roboto next month - woohoo! One of my favorites. I missed out on the non-con version of Orko if anyone got a spare they could sell me.

Reaction score
Forgot to post, but I got the exclusive Jodo Kast figure at Sayville K-Mart on Tuesday night. They had 3. I bought 1, I left 1 on the pegs, and the other I hid. 1st to PM me gets his hiding place
No signs of CW 2 or 3 by me. Still looking for Jabba, if anybody finds him could they stash 1 for me? I'm sure they will be all over soon, but you never know with Wal-Mart exclusives.

Reaction score
yes, wave two hit east meadow yesterday, I also picked up cody on the new card without the scar (this was said to be a variant on the old card but I never saw it)

Reaction score
i received whiplash also. one of my favorites (the vintage one). glad the rest of the year except september is all vintage remakes. i didn't purchase the 2011 subscription and for good reason. i think 2/3 of the year will be stuff i don't want.

Reaction score
miscus555 said:
i received whiplash also. one of my favorites (the vintage one). glad the rest of the year except september is all vintage remakes. i didn't purchase the 2011 subscription and for good reason. i think 2/3 of the year will be stuff i don't want.
Same here. So far the only announced figure I really want is May 2011 The Faceless One (Evil-Lyn's father). This November is going to be expensive though!

Picked up CW w2 Mace, Fisto & BD Commander today at Centereach Walmart. They only had 1 more BD Comm when I left. Plenty of Vintage.

Reaction score
Mike Ritter - CV - report?

Was that your cereal box on the front page a few days ago?

FB - will keep an eye out.

PS - I gotta sell some of my GG CW Maquettes. I have a thread in the GG classifieds HERE. If any of you are interested I can hook you up with a much better price since I don't have to package/ship/paypal fees... Drop me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.