Local Area Reports # 16: Long Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I actually stopped in at a TRU in CT (exit 40 off I 95) and was AMAZED by their Star Wars section. They had EVERY new wave (legacy and clone wars) of the figures out on the pegs. The pegs were over flowing with NEW stuff. It looked great. They even had 5 cases up over head in the over stock. Why is NY so far behind???

Reaction score
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
I actually stopped in at a TRU in CT (exit 40 off I 95) and was AMAZED by their Star Wars section. They had EVERY new wave (legacy and clone wars) of the figures out on the pegs. The pegs were over flowing with NEW stuff. It looked great. They even had 5 cases up over head in the over stock. Why is NY so far behind???
massapequa tru had 3 cases overhead the other day but all old stuff!

Reaction score
Picked Captain Argyus at Bayshore TRU last night. They had a Concept IG-88 if anybody is looking.

Reaction score
Picked up my stuff from my personal shopper yesterday. Just missing a few more.

Reaction score
There was abunch of the ANH wave at Centereach wally today including the scanning trooper, Jawa, & Ki-Adi if anyone is still looking for them.

Reaction score
If posting figures for trade here is frowned upon or against the rules, please advise and forgive.

I have a Concept Art Snow Trooper and the Ugnaught # 2 for trade, if anyone is interested. I REALLY REALLY REALLY looking for Snow Speeder Luke,

I'll meet up most places on Long Island/Queens, or use the post offices

Thanks

Reaction score
I am not really up to date with whats the newest wave or anything but Walmart in East Meadow and Westbury both had what looked like new clone wars figures. Padme, Assasin Droid, Matchstick and a few others.

Reaction score
Well I can't trade The concept Snow trooper, or the Ugnaught so if anyone wants them for cost..let me know.

Reaction score
JEDICLAUS called me earlier today and said he found this at west babylon k-mart for $5.99:

Reaction score
Too funny! What do we think - someone returned an old figure knowing that the employees would most likely be too ignorant to notice (or just don't care), or do they really have no concept of stock rotation?

Reaction score
I think someone must have returned it and being it came up in the system, it might be legit, or else someone pulled a scam with the upc.

Reaction score
I'm thinking someone pulled a scam with the UPC. That figure is almost 15 years old. I don't think there's anyway it showed up in the system.

Reaction score
AnthonyP said:
I'm thinking someone pulled a scam with the UPC. That figure is almost 15 years old. I don't think there's anyway it showed up in the system.
man, I hate when people copy my ideas with the upcs! Ive been doing it b4 star wars even came out in 95!

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
AnthonyP said:
man, I hate when people copy my ideas with the upcs! Ive been doing it b4 star wars even came out in 95!
yet another reason you should be...proud...?

Reaction score
wookieeboy said:
FlorenceBeach said:
AnthonyP said:
yet another reason you should be...proud...?
yup!

Reaction score
ESB wave hit Walmart in Riverhead 10 days ago. I offered the Concept Snowtrooper up for trade, or cost. Couldnt get rid of him, so I opened him...which Im not sure why..as I only collect movie figures. Not a bad figure. I DID however get the new Snowspeeder Luke with the help of a friend out of state.... Amazing figure. Simply Amazing.

Reaction score
Haven't seen ESB wave yet and I still need concept IG88 from the last wave. Every store I've been in for the last 2 weeks looks like a bomb hit, so I don't expect much.
Picked up the disney Jedi Training set with the padawans off ebay. Paid $35 w/shipping and it has the disney price sticker on it for 34.99, so pretty good deal!

Reaction score
winstonwolf said:
Haven't seen ESB wave yet and I still need concept IG88 from the last wave. Every store I've been in for the last 2 weeks looks like a bomb hit, so I don't expect much.
Picked up the disney Jedi Training set with the padawans off ebay. Paid $35 w/shipping and it has the disney price sticker on it for 34.99, so pretty good deal!
yea, the stores are pretty bone dry when it comes to good toys.

Reaction score
4 hours shoveling a 5 car driveway. The plows left 7 feet unplowed after the end of my driveway! I felt like I was on Hoth the last 2 hrs, waiting for Solo to rescue me. Ug... tired now, lol.

Reaction score
I cleaned ALL my neighbors sidewalks and driveways. That sound you hear is me patting myself on the back

Reaction score
So what is Santa bringing all you guys? Lets hear it.

As for me I am getting a new basement and bose surround sound speakers.....so Star Wars will sound even better

Status
Not open for further replies.