Local Area Reports # 15: Long Island

Reaction score
starwarsguy said:
when do you guys think we'll start seeing the phantom menace wave?
September.

Picked up Guile and Akuma from Fourth World today! That completes my wave 2 hunt.

Also picked up a Dragonball GT SBC Trunks for $5.00

On that note, Walmart in Centereach had nothing and TRU in LakeGrove had nothing as well.

Reaction score
For anyone who wants the Turbo Tank I found this in the coupons and codes section for Legacy figures. I ordered it last night and it came to $65.16 with tax and free shipping!!! Grab it while you can! They also had the GI Joe Pitt headquarters for the same price. You won't see the discount until halfway through ordering.

jedimasterc wrote:
I was over and Target.com and they have a promo where you purchase $30 of select Hasbro items and get $10 off, purchase $60 get $20 off, purchase $90 or more get $30 off. Offer available online only. Expires 8/29/09. Also use promo code 4MMHDHBE at checkout for an extra 10% off.I was able to order the turbo Tank for 65 bucks and that included free shipping to boot.Just a heads up.

Reaction score
jedichicken said:
For anyone who wants the Turbo Tank I found this in the coupons and codes section for Legacy figures. I ordered it last night and it came to $65.16 with tax and free shipping!!! Grab it while you can! They also had the GI Joe Pitt headquarters for the same price. You won't see the discount until halfway through ordering.

jedimasterc wrote:
I was over and Target.com and they have a promo where you purchase $30 of select Hasbro items and get $10 off, purchase $60 get $20 off, purchase $90 or more get $30 off. Offer available online only. Expires 8/29/09. Also use promo code 4MMHDHBE at checkout for an extra 10% off.I was able to order the turbo Tank for 65 bucks and that included free shipping to boot.Just a heads up.
I'm still thinking about ordering it.

My Joker Squad set came today!

Reaction score
Nothing new at Medford Target today unless you need the Turbo Tank.

Anybody finding the Droid Factory sets at Walmart? Need the Corran Hirn & Whistler set.

TRU in Holbrook hasn't done the CW reset yet. Keep an eye out for that because I think a bunch of CW figs will hit when they do that reset.

Reaction score
Darth_Lynch said:
Nothing new at Medford Target today unless you need the Turbo Tank.

Anybody finding the Droid Factory sets at Walmart? Need the Corran Hirn & Whistler set.

TRU in Holbrook hasn't done the CW reset yet. Keep an eye out for that because I think a bunch of CW figs will hit when they do that reset.
Walmart in Setauket had a whole tray of the exclusives at about 4pm. I didn't think anybody still needed them. They
were randomly put on one of their 4 way diplays in the main aisle between sporting goods and toys.

Reaction score
@Flo - I may be going to that, it really depends on a few things working out for me. I'll post here if I am going & help a few friends out.

Did a toy run before Danny gets here tomorrow: Setauket Wally had the DF sets (thanks JC) and a few Grees & Yularens. Holbrook TRU did the CW reset, but other than 4 Comm Ponds they had nothing really good. They did have a couple of the remote control Jedi Starfighters & Republic Gunships if thats your thing.

Reaction score
Darth_Lynch said:
@Flo - I may be going to that, it really depends on a few things working out for me. I'll post here if I am going & help a few friends out.

Did a toy run before Danny gets here tomorrow: Setauket Wally had the DF sets (thanks JC) and a few Grees & Yularens. Holbrook TRU did the CW reset, but other than 4 Comm Ponds they had nothing really good. They did have a couple of the remote control Jedi Starfighters & Republic Gunships if thats your thing.
Im going! this one looks really, really good. lately, they have been sucking but this one looks like they got a killer show.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Big Apple Con has been the same stale show for the last few years. Even their National show, which this show is replacing, was nothing special. Now that Wizard World has bought the show there is a buzz surrounding it and it looks like it has potential. The new location should help it and all the 'new' guests will help make the show an experience. My only concern is the timing of the show. The BACC National was always a fall show but next year NYCC is moving to the weekend of Oct 8-10, 2010, almost exactly one year from this show. Next year the BACC won't happen a week after NYCC so it has to find another date. NYCC has been hurt building an audience because it keeps changing its dates (Feb, April, Feb, and now Oct). Now BACC will have to change its date and one has to wonder if its atendees will follow. And another concern is, can NY support two major cons a year? I am sure Wizard World wants BACC to be as big as WW-Chicago and WW-Philly and NYCC is already getting larger and one day will hopefully compare to SDCC for sheer size. If they are too close to each other they will feed off each other. They have to spread the dates apart.

Personally I hope both shows do well and NYC becomes a major con destination like SD.

Mike

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
And I didn't get a chance to post this earlier this week so:

Bridgehampton K-Mart: Had the Gunship Turret BP and the CW Search for R2 BP. They also their clone 4pk exclusive. There was one other item but I forget, it was a few days ago.

Mike

Reaction score
Michael_Ritter said:
And I didn't get a chance to post this earlier this week so:

Bridgehampton K-Mart: Had the Gunship Turret BP and the CW Search for R2 BP. They also their clone 4pk exclusive. There was one other item but I forget, it was a few days ago.

Mike
What were you doing WAY out there!?

Reaction score
Michael_Ritter said:
Big Apple Con has been the same stale show for the last few years. Even their National show, which this show is replacing, was nothing special. Now that Wizard World has bought the show there is a buzz surrounding it and it looks like it has potential. The new location should help it and all the 'new' guests will help make the show an experience. My only concern is the timing of the show. The BACC National was always a fall show but next year NYCC is moving to the weekend of Oct 8-10, 2010, almost exactly one year from this show. Next year the BACC won't happen a week after NYCC so it has to find another date. NYCC has been hurt building an audience because it keeps changing its dates (Feb, April, Feb, and now Oct). Now BACC will have to change its date and one has to wonder if its atendees will follow. And another concern is, can NY support two major cons a year? I am sure Wizard World wants BACC to be as big as WW-Chicago and WW-Philly and NYCC is already getting larger and one day will hopefully compare to SDCC for sheer size. If they are too close to each other they will feed off each other. They have to spread the dates apart.

Personally I hope both shows do well and NYC becomes a major con destination like SD.

Mike
wow....I didnt know all that info! I often wondered why the show has sucked lately and now all of a sudden, its a killer event. I sorta of liked the old location because it was so convinient from penn but im sure the new spot is much, much bigger. I love how they bought back the star wars actor again.

Reaction score
Took a few days break from hunting. My last few hunts just seeing the Gree wave. Might hit Target today. Hope the other waves start showing up soon.

j3h

Reaction score
Had a great toy day:
Cad Bane/Denal/space helmet Asoka & Anakin wave, new evolutions sets (rebel pilots/imperial pilots/commandos) and clone wars exclusive two packs ( thire & rys/ yoda & jek) found today at massapequa Walmart.

New Comic packs (vong/Lumiya/Krayt) found at massapequa TRU.

Reaction score
after reading your post I went over to Massapizza Walmart and picked up the Imperial pilot evolutions. There is still a Commando Evolution set there and new clone war stuff like the two packs and Commander Gree. They had the Empire wave there for Legacy.

Reaction score
starwarsguy said:
after reading your post I went over to Massapizza Walmart and picked up the Imperial pilot evolutions. There is still a Commando Evolution set there and new clone war stuff like the two packs and Commander Gree. They had the Empire wave there for Legacy.
its "matza-pizza".

Reaction score
I gotta question about the big apple con.......I remember the last times I went, the celebrity would charge somewhere in the area of $20 if they gave you a laminited autograph but if you handed something to them to sign, it was free. does anyone know if it will still be that way this time?

Reaction score
Called Mass. and Holbrook TRU, they said they are out of the Darth Krayt Comic Packs.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Hit Mid Island Walmart earlier. They had the 3 new Evolution packs/exculsives. Also had a new shelf display with Cad Bane, Denal, and Space Anikin/Asoka. Spent my money and got out fast before I found more to spend on.

Mike

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Setauket Walmart had the Exclusive Evolutions and also the exclusive Thire and Yoda 2 packs. No sign of the shelf display with the Cad Bane wave like I saw in Middle Island. They did have both box variations of the AC-170 if anyone is interested in that.

Setauket Target had nothing new to note.

Keep the new finds to a minimum for the next few days as I will be in Atlanta for Dragon*Con and would hate to miss out.

Mike