Local Area Reports # 15: Long Island

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
winstonwolf said:
Wasn't me. What happened?
oh, he said a guy came in and saw a box of dc wave 10, took 7 of the 12 figures then asked if he could have the empty box. the 2 employees said "no" and the person asked why not and the employees "were not allowed to give out boxes". the guy replied "im taking it anyway" and walked out with it. I thought it was you. I would have done the same thing. i hate employees with big egos. not giving a box to someone that asks? give me a break!
Lame. Ever since their remodeling, I have never found one employee in toys who has a clue about anything.

Reaction score
Went to Lake Grove TRU for the 2-for-12 sale. I found a captain colton & a few other rots wave figs, but that's it. If anybody needs Colton, there's one stashed behind the Vader costumes on the bottom shelf below the figs.

Reaction score
winstonwolf said:
FlorenceBeach said:
winstonwolf said:
Wasn't me. What happened?
oh, he said a guy came in and saw a box of dc wave 10, took 7 of the 12 figures then asked if he could have the empty box. the 2 employees said "no" and the person asked why not and the employees "were not allowed to give out boxes". the guy replied "im taking it anyway" and walked out with it. I thought it was you. I would have done the same thing. i hate employees with big egos. not giving a box to someone that asks? give me a break!
Lame. Ever since their remodeling, I have never found one employee in toys who has a clue about anything.
they cant keep anyone to stay in the toy section. the overnight guy works every other day. I havent seen one new legacy figure in months!

Reaction score
AnthonyP said:
Anyone going to Star Wars in Concert tomorrow?
Can't wait for tonight! I'll be there with my sister and nephew, he's obsessed with which Jedi killed which Sith and who would beat who in a fight. He always puts me on the spot with character names and histories; ah to be young again...

As for our ongoing juvenile pursuits, finally got Rum Sleg last night at Levitt Target and Ki-Adi, Leesub, Hrchek at Copiague (thanks for the store report FB)

Almost every fig I've scored in the last month I've had to ask for a new case to be brought out from stock, I'll usually shift the pegs so that the legacy pegs are empty and they'll bring out more.

Keep the updates coming, all. It's going to be hard as every for these end of year waves with all the holiday shopping, I almost hate going out!

Reaction score
winstonwolf said:
AnthonyP said:
Can't wait for tonight! I'll be there with my sister and nephew, he's obsessed with which Jedi killed which Sith and who would beat who in a fight. He always puts me on the spot with character names and histories; ah to be young again...

As for our ongoing juvenile pursuits, finally got Rum Sleg last night at Levitt Target and Ki-Adi, Leesub, Hrchek at Copiague (thanks for the store report FB)

Almost every fig I've scored in the last month I've had to ask for a new case to be brought out from stock, I'll usually shift the pegs so that the legacy pegs are empty and they'll bring out more.

Keep the updates coming, all. It's going to be hard as every for these end of year waves with all the holiday shopping, I almost hate going out!
copaigue was jerking me around last week. they were telling me they couldnt go in the back and look for certain figures yada yada yada and I shut them up buy asking what the scanner were for and they told me it was for the customers and I told them that the scanner was telling this customer they had toys in the back!

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
winstonwolf said:
AnthonyP said:

copaigue was jerking me around last week. they were telling me they couldnt go in the back and look for certain figures yada yada yada and I shut them up buy asking what the scanner were for and they told me it was for the customers and I told them that the scanner was telling this customer they had toys in the back!
I get that a lot. I don't understand why they have scanners if they insist on not getting things from the back for customers.

Reaction score
AnthonyP said:
FlorenceBeach said:
winstonwolf said:
AnthonyP said:

I get that a lot. I don't understand why they have scanners if they insist on not getting things from the back for customers.
thats why I put up a good fight. the customer is always right.

btw, I always take down the sign in the toy aisles that are directed towards us so they dont have a leg to stand on when they refer us to those signs!

Reaction score
they put little papers signs in the toy section now saying "please dont ask target associates to go into the back and look for certain collectibles" or something like that. A couple of weeks ago, I was looking for the ugnaut and the scanner said the wave was in the back and the guys put up a fight but eventualy went in the back and bought out 1 figure. I was like "thats it?" and they said "yes" and I was like "you expect me to believe that you have just one figure sitting in the backroom like that and your pegs are half full?"

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
they put little papers signs in the toy section now saying "please dont ask target associates to go into the back and look for certain collectibles" or something like that. A couple of weeks ago, I was looking for the ugnaut and the scanner said the wave was in the back and the guys put up a fight but eventualy went in the back and bought out 1 figure. I was like "thats it?" and they said "yes" and I was like "you expect me to believe that you have just one figure sitting in the backroom like that and your pegs are half full?"
I haven't seen any of those signs yet...Thankfully.

Reaction score
AnthonyP said:
FlorenceBeach said:
theyre little white sign and they hang at the end of the hooks. I saw like 6-8 in one aisle alone.

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
AnthonyP said:
FlorenceBeach said:
theyre little white sign and they hang at the end of the hooks. I saw like 6-8 in one aisle alone.
They put that many in one aisle?

Reaction score
AnthonyP said:
FlorenceBeach said:
AnthonyP said:
FlorenceBeach said:
They put that many in one aisle?
yes, i couldnt believe it. they might be all down now but there were at least 8 in the star wars section. I give them the old fight tho but asking "who says what is a collectible here?" because nowadays, EVERYTHING is a collectible. mugs, potrait frames, even underwear and bras!

Reaction score
Yeah - they pull that sh*t in Commack Target on Vets Hwy with the little signs... needless to say I don't shop in that store. They are actually loosing sales and clogging their own pegs with old stuff by not bringing the merchandise out. Rediculous!

On a side note - I caved and bought the Walmart exclusive Masterpiece Skywarp - totally awseome Transformer. I am torn wether or not to open it.

Headed down to the toy room tonight to finish the shelving!

Reaction score
Finally got the scanning trooper, jawa and R2 with the orange droid dome part at Levittown Target last night.
Had to get a gift at Mass TRU on friday, they didn't have any new Star Wars, not many figures at all.
I think the Agen Kolar BAD wave is it for the rest of the year, now?

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
pequa wally finally got the dewbacks in.
Funny, I finally broke down and did site to store for one last week and just got the email that it is in.

Reaction score
Dooku with speeder at Bayshore Target. They had a few of the exclusive Clone Wars BPs.

Reaction score
Got one of my 2 Qui-Gon/Eopie mail ins... Very cool figure. Also picked up the WM exclusive Masterpiece Skywarp... I reall want to open it but the packaging is so cool! Also finally got a mib Denal, and saw the Thire/Luminara/Argyus & RotS waves in Centereach WM yesterday. Good to see that stuff on the shelves.

Reaction score
What's up with Mass TRU? They shifted their pegs around and have one lone peg with a few 3-3/4 figures on it. Looks as if they don't plan on having any figures to stock any time soon.