Local Area Reports # 15: Long Island

Reaction score
miscus555 said:
saw the AT-sT yesterday at Farmingdale and again today at Massapequa (as seen in FB's photo)

get this.....you can't see it in FB's photo, but above the photo there was sign for $35. i picked up one for $35 because even though they made a mistake by leaving that sign there, they had to honor the price.

i wouldn't be surprised if the sign was still there
I heard ya made it out with 3 that day. nice!

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Has anyone spotted the Dewbacks yet?

[/QUOTE]

just use the walmart.com to get one and use the ship to store feature i spoke about on page 8. it's free and you can pick any store you want.

Reaction score
Found the ROTS wave at Bayshore TRU and I finally found the entire wave of DC Classics wave 10 at Wal-Mart in Islandia. I also got Tigra from the exclusive Marvel Legends wave! They had about 2 or 3 sets hanging on the pegs. She was the last one I needed to complete the set I started a few months ago. I guess they're shipping again?

Reaction score
It looks like they got at least 2 cases. There were a few Batman's, Power Girls and Jokers left. I think there was another Beast Boy and Forager too. I'm not sure on Manbat and Robotman. I was too busy doing the happy dance

Reaction score
jedichicken said:
It looks like they got at least 2 cases. There were a few Batman's, Power Girls and Jokers left. I think there was another Beast Boy and Forager too. I'm not sure on Manbat and Robotman. I was too busy doing the happy dance
I can't believe you found them! I know how badly you wanted to them. Congrats!

Reaction score
Hit Islandia Wally today. As far as DC Universe all that was left was one Batman and 3 Power Girls. Man they went fast.

Reaction score
Got my Medicom VCD Darth Maul Thursday from 4th World (finally) - AWESOME figure!!! I am having a hard time picking out my favorite from this line because Vader, Maul, ESB/RotJ Fett & 3PO/TC-14 are all VERY cool figures. I was really hoping that the 2nd one they had on hold for me was R2-D2 because he looks too cool, but alas it is Yoda... so I'll leave him on hold for someone to get me for Christmas, LOL. Can't wait for that R2 though. And at least if my son grabs one of these, no worries like with the Maquettes.

Nothing in Centereach Walmart (well, they did have Banthas), Setauket Target or Lake Grove TRU today. I need Clone Denal on a good card if anyone finds one, please PM me. Thanks! MtFbWy

Reaction score
atreyu2112 said:
Got my Medicom VCD Darth Maul Thursday from 4th World (finally) - AWESOME figure!!! I am having a hard time picking out my favorite from this line because Vader, Maul, ESB/RotJ Fett & 3PO/TC-14 are all VERY cool figures. I was really hoping that the 2nd one they had on hold for me was R2-D2 because he looks too cool, but alas it is Yoda... so I'll leave him on hold for someone to get me for Christmas, LOL. Can't wait for that R2 though. And at least if my son grabs one of these, no worries like with the Maquettes.

Nothing in Centereach Walmart (well, they did have Banthas), Setauket Target or Lake Grove TRU today. I need Clone Denal on a good card if anyone finds one, please PM me. Thanks! MtFbWy
By Bantha's, do you mean Dewbacks?

Reaction score
jediclaus told me that toys r us black friday is going to have "buy 1 figure, get 2 free" for star wars. does anyone know if its true?

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
jediclaus told me that toys r us black friday is going to have "buy 1 figure, get 2 free" for star wars. does anyone know if its true?
It doesn't look that way. Black Friday Ads I used this site last year and they are accurate.

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
As far as I can tell, that is not true. The TRU Black Friday ad was leaked over the weekend, and there was very little SW in it. The biggest was the AT-TE for $50. They also had lightsabers for $5 & The CW Blaster game for $20. That's it as of right now. I linked the ad & the list of deals below.

http://www.theblackfriday.com/toysrus_blackfriday.shtml

PS - Damn Flo, you beat me to it!

Reaction score
saw a lone dewback at farmingdale walmart around 930am today Anthony.

they also have about 3 cases of them that they got in on friday night. according to some other collectors who were there sat and sun morning, they never even put them out yet.

saw the 2nd ugnaught at hicksville target on sunday and found a bunch of treasure hunts at farmingdale walmart this morning.

also bought about 80 glow sticks from my 2 year old at the same walmart for 0.10 each. she loves those things! can't go wrong from 10 cents each.

Reaction score
miscus555 said:
saw a lone dewback at farmingdale walmart around 930am today Anthony.

they also have about 3 cases of them that they got in on friday night. according to some other collectors who were there sat and sun morning, they never even put them out yet.

saw the 2nd ugnaught at hicksville target on sunday and found a bunch of treasure hunts at farmingdale walmart this morning.

also bought about 80 glow sticks from my 2 year old at the same walmart for 0.10 each. she loves those things! can't go wrong from 10 cents each.
i hoped you grabbed those treasure hunts!! I found one at pequa wally today, too.
not bad with the glow sticks. I remember they used to sell those at the roller rinks for like $2!

Reaction score
Picked up Slave Leia and Ugnaught #2 at Target in Central Islip. They had one each of the rest of the ROTJ wave if anyone is still looking.

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
jedichicken said:
Picked up Slave Leia and Ugnaught #2 at Target in Central Islip. They had one each of the rest of the ROTJ wave if anyone is still looking.
yikes! CI!
CI usually doesn't have anything, but once in a while... On another note I got the Clone Wars Ambush at Abregado Battle pack at Bayshore Target this evening. It was the only one.

Reaction score
Assault on Ryloth Battle Pack is the only one I will be getting out of the two.

Reaction score
I got a few new(er) Legacy figs at the "new" TRU in stony brook. Snagged the new ewoks, agen kolar, IG-88 concept, and Utai. They had a few Plo Koons, agen kolars, and 1 or 2 others still there when I left. Oh, and 5 or 6 commander ponds still hanging out too . . . further down the aisle.

Reaction score
Copiague Target: picked up the ugnaught variant, still had a leia and some other Rotj left
Mass Wally: got dc wave 10 still have 1 joker left

Reaction score
AnthonyP said:
Where exactly is TRU in Stony Brook?
It is on Middle Country Road in the shopping center across from the Smithaven Mall. There's a Petco & a Houlihan's in there as well. Actually, I guess that counts as Lake Grove since it is south of 347. I'll try to be clearer in the future

Reaction score
winstonwolf said:
Heard about the ordeal you went through with the people in the toy depot. I told my friend they shouldnt give a s*** about the boxes. some people take thier jobs way too seriously.

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
winstonwolf said:
Heard about the ordeal you went through with the people in the toy depot. I told my friend they shouldnt give a s*** about the boxes. some people take thier jobs way too seriously.
Wasn't me. What happened?

Reaction score
winstonwolf said:
FlorenceBeach said:
winstonwolf said:
Wasn't me. What happened?
oh, he said a guy came in and saw a box of dc wave 10, took 7 of the 12 figures then asked if he could have the empty box. the 2 employees said "no" and the person asked why not and the employees "were not allowed to give out boxes". the guy replied "im taking it anyway" and walked out with it. I thought it was you. I would have done the same thing. i hate employees with big egos. not giving a box to someone that asks? give me a break!

Reaction score
Found ANH Chewie and R2 at Medford Target and found Leesuub, Jawa,Imp Tech and Clone Wars Adv Padme at K-Mart. Just need ANH Hirchek and concept Ki Adi and I'll be up to date on Legacy until the ESB wave hits!