Local Area Reports #13 : Long Island

Reaction score
At the TRU near Smithaven Mall, they were putting out a ton of Trek toys. Gotta say, the 6" figures look pretty cool. Not a fan of the packaging, but some of the face sculpts are very good! And if you into it at all, check out the 12" (or whatever size) young Spock - the likeness is better than some Sideshow toys. It looks like Sylar dressing up for Halloween! I may have to adjust my toy budget slightly . . .

What was the price point for the 6" figures at Wally? Its $9.99 at TRU.

Reaction score
Yeah, I picked up a few of the 6 inch Star Trek figs. The 3.75 inch ones look too small (even compared to SW or GI Joe) plus the paint jobs mostly looked horrible.

Reaction score
DarthBuff said:
Yeah, I picked up a few of the 6 inch Star Trek figs. The 3.75 inch ones look too small (even compared to SW or GI Joe) plus the paint jobs mostly looked horrible.
I agree. Same with the new marvel figures, most of the sculpts and paint jobs and even scale just aren't working yet. The Punisher's head looks like it's 2 sizes too big for the body.

Hey, if anyone sees a DC Universe Hawkman (not the little figures), I'd appreciate a heads up, thanks.

Reaction score
The ESB wave has been found in California, so the hunt begins anew! I am STILL searching for a CW Jar Jar & Kit Fisto, so if anyone sees them anywhere, stash em & PM me! Thanks!

Reaction score
Darth_Lynch said:
The ESB wave has been found in California, so the hunt begins anew! I am STILL searching for a CW Jar Jar & Kit Fisto, so if anyone sees them anywhere, stash em & PM me! Thanks!
anyone still finding wave 5? I need some extras.

Reaction score
Hey guys. If you come across a Capt. Pike and Lt. Uhura in the 6 inch from the new Star Trek figs please stash and PM me. Thanks.

Reaction score
DarthBuff said:
Hey guys. If you come across a Capt. Pike and Lt. Uhura in the 6 inch from the new Star Trek figs please stash and PM me. Thanks.
Holbrook TRU had some 6" figures, didn't see if there were any of them though.

Reaction score
I went to TRU in Bayshore today. They didn't have anything new, but they did have Clone Wars figures on tri-lingual cards. They were all figures from wave 1 and they came with some kind of booklet in the package. I'm an opener so the package doesn't matter to me though. They also had the new Trek and Terminator figures too. No 3 3/4 Uhura or Nero. Or 6" Uhura. I'm not sure about 6" pike though. Tomorrow, I'm going on a toy run, so I'll hide those 2 trek figures for you if I see them, D. Buff. I'll also keep an eye out for CW wave 5 and do the same.

Reaction score
jedichicken said:
I went to TRU in Bayshore today. They didn't have anything new, but they did have Clone Wars figures on tri-lingual cards. They were all figures from wave 1 and they came with some kind of booklet in the package. I'm an opener so the package doesn't matter to me though. They also had the new Trek and Terminator figures too. No 3 3/4 Uhura or Nero. Or 6" Uhura. I'm not sure about 6" pike though. Tomorrow, I'm going on a toy run, so I'll hide those 2 trek figures for you if I see them, D. Buff. I'll also keep an eye out for CW wave 5 and do the same.
Don't forget Legacy wave 5!

Reaction score
Thanks Jedi Chicken. Yeah all I need is Pike and Uhura and I am good. I will keep an eye out for Clone Wars Wave 5. So far this Wave has been scarce.

Reaction score
they had them in lake grove a few days ago but I already have all of em.

LotR trilogy today on TBS Hi-Def!!!

I still need another 41st.

Reaction score
atreyu2112 said:

Traitor! The entire Star Wars saga is on Spike! lol ....why did they wait for the weather to finally turn before this programming schedule???

Reaction score
wookieeboy said:
atreyu2112 said:

Traitor! The entire Star Wars saga is on Spike! lol ....why did they wait for the weather to finally turn before this programming schedule???
Exactly what I was thinking!

Reaction score
wookieeboy said:
atreyu2112 said:

why did they have to wait for me to take a trek into jersey at 2pm? and return at 3am!

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
wookieeboy said:
atreyu2112 said:

why did they have to wait for me to take a trek into jersey at 2pm? and return at 3am!
They waited for such a beautiful day.

Reaction score
AnthonyP said:
FlorenceBeach said:
wookieeboy said:
atreyu2112 said:

I bet they had no ratings for yesterday.

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
AnthonyP said:
FlorenceBeach said:
wookieeboy said:
atreyu2112 said:

I bet they had no ratings for yesterday.
Probably not, but it was on really early in the morning too. I think I saw A New Hope on at 3 AM.

Reaction score
Man, anybody been to the centereach Wally in a while. Its kinda depressing! They have 8 figures hanging on the pegs - 4 Yarnas, 3 Brehas, and a Brainiac (I just cannot bring myself to say "Pons Limbic" and mean it) - and those 8 have been there for about 2 weeks. Not a single CW figure to be seen. Now, I am trying to be positive and tell myself that it means when they get new figs, the pegs will be full of Legacy 5 & CW 4. But its just sad to walk in there now.

Anyway, nothing new at the Stony Brook Target either. I'll try some more later.

Reaction score
Darth_Lynch said:
Man, anybody been to the centereach Wally in a while. Its kinda depressing! They have 8 figures hanging on the pegs - 4 Yarnas, 3 Brehas, and a Brainiac (I just cannot bring myself to say "Pons Limbic" and mean it) - and those 8 have been there for about 2 weeks. Not a single CW figure to be seen. Now, I am trying to be positive and tell myself that it means when they get new figs, the pegs will be full of Legacy 5 & CW 4. But its just sad to walk in there now.

Anyway, nothing new at the Stony Brook Target either. I'll try some more later.
my wally has zero figures on the pegs!

Reaction score
Womder if they are getting ready for a reset?

They have a bunch in Setauket, mostly Legacy 4 (ANH wave). They have a very organized person working the pegs in toys at that wally - last time I was there, the figures were actually neat! Each peg had the same figure! Tons of all of wave 4, but that was 3 days ago.

Hopefully, all that space in wallys means a ton of the new figs to fill those pegs.

And I saw in the TLC boards that people in CA are finding the bew BPs. Keep those eyes out!

Reaction score
Darth_Lynch said:

They have a bunch in Setauket, mostly Legacy 4 (ANH wave). They have a very organized person working the pegs in toys at that wally - last time I was there, the figures were actually neat! Each peg had the same figure! Tons of all of wave 4, but that was 3 days ago.

Hopefully, all that space in wallys means a ton of the new figs to fill those pegs.

And I saw in the TLC boards that people in CA are finding the bew BPs. Keep those eyes out!
TRU in Holbrook had nothing today.

Reaction score
Darth_Lynch said:

they actually shrank the star wars section, practically cut it in half. could be a sign of bad things to come.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
anybody been to the centereach Wally in a while. Its kinda depressing! They have 8 figures hanging on the pegs

[/QUOTE]

nothing new at the Stony Brook Target either

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, you guys made my ride home a lot quicker tonight.

Mike

Reaction score
Michael_Ritter said:
anybody been to the centereach Wally in a while. Its kinda depressing! They have 8 figures hanging on the pegs
nothing new at the Stony Brook Target either

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, you guys made my ride home a lot quicker tonight.

Mike

[/QUOTE]

Glad to help Mike!