Local Area Reports #13 : Long Island

Reaction score
Had to run to Wally in Centereach yesterday for some mailing supplies (TTM autos are addicting) and just for giggles I stopped by the SW pegs. They have not changed at all since the last time I was there about 10 days ago! They have the same Yarnas, the same Brehas & that one lonely Brainiac just hanging there. Does not bode well for the Wally exclusives later this year . . .

Oh, and I am still on the hunt for Jar Jar.

Reaction score
I stopped in Walmart in Richmond, VA on Saturday...they had 11 Saga Jerjerrods ( full price) in addition to the usual Yarna's and Breha's.
In their defense, the did have 1 Jawa.

Reaction score
Target in Setauket had the ESB wave. I got The Hoth Trooper without the skirt, The Emperor and Needa. Another collector was there at the same time and he got the other 3, which I already had. He actually traded me the Needa, which he picked up first for the Ugnaught which I picked up first.
Target in Medford had a ton of Marvel Universe 3 in stock. I Got Thing and the Hand Ninja. There were about 4 each left there. They also had the new punisher, black suit Spidey and the new Iron Man. Not 1 Ms. Marvel though.

Reaction score
jedichicken said:
Target in Setauket had the ESB wave. I got The Hoth Trooper without the skirt, The Emperor and Needa. Another collector was there at the same time and he got the other 3, which I already had. He actually traded me the Needa, which he picked up first for the Ugnaught which I picked up first.
Target in Medford had a ton of Marvel Universe 3 in stock. I Got Thing and the Hand Ninja. There were about 4 each left there. They also had the new punisher, black suit Spidey and the new Iron Man. Not 1 Ms. Marvel though.
Why don't I get this lucky!

Reaction score
wow - this sux! Nothing new in a while & most of the stuff I collect (SW Titanium, Transformers Classics, Animated & Mighty Muggs - both SW & TF) is being cancelled! Even the NECA vintage TMNT line has died after just the 4 turtles. WTF man?

On my horizon, I only have the 2 GG Animated Maquettes (Boba w/Han in Carbonite & Wicket), the 3 new Medicom VCDs (Darth Maul, Yoda & R2) Clone Wars & MotUC figures. That's IT! I usually have tons of stuff I plan on getting & worry as to how I'm going to afford it all but now I am actually depressed because that'll be like a once a month score. How am I going to get my fix man? Am I just getting old? Or did I run out of space or somethin?

Oh - PS - 10 years of TPM this month, May 19th. Gotta bust out my DVD and give it a spin! Remembering TPM Midnight Madness at Commack TRU (rip) stoned out of my mind grabbing everything I could get my hands on, LOL. I still have all that [censored] MIB & even had Ray Park sign my very first Darth Maul figure which I bought that night... 10 years ago.

Reaction score
atreyu2112 said:
wow - this sux! Nothing new in a while & most of the stuff I collect (SW Titanium, Transformers Classics, Animated & Mighty Muggs - both SW & TF) is being cancelled! Even the NECA vintage TMNT line has died after just the 4 turtles. WTF man?

On my horizon, I only have the 2 GG Animated Maquettes (Boba w/Han in Carbonite & Wicket), the 3 new Medicom VCDs (Darth Maul, Yoda & R2) Clone Wars & MotUC figures. That's IT! I usually have tons of stuff I plan on getting & worry as to how I'm going to afford it all but now I am actually depressed because that'll be like a once a month score. How am I going to get my fix man? Am I just getting old? Or did I run out of space or somethin?

Oh - PS - 10 years of TPM this month, May 19th. Gotta bust out my DVD and give it a spin! Remembering TPM Midnight Madness at Commack TRU (rip) stoned out of my mind grabbing everything I could get my hands on, LOL. I still have all that [censored] MIB & even had Ray Park sign my very first Darth Maul figure which I bought that night... 10 years ago.
You can always go the SW Mini Bust route.

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
Scored another 5 treasure hunts today! bite me, hot wheel collectors!
Just curious.....are you sure you're NOT a hot wheel collector? How many do you have?

Reaction score
FB sticks it back to the HW guys. They deserve it. We collect this stuff for fun. HW guys by our new stuff and makes things harder for us on our hunts.

Reaction score
wookieeboy said:
FlorenceBeach said:
Scored another 5 treasure hunts today! bite me, hot wheel collectors!
Just curious.....are you sure you're NOT a hot wheel collector? How many do you have?
I currently own 5. I sell them on ebay when I get them. you sit on them for too long and then they become worthless.

j3h

Reaction score
Massapequa mall Suncoast marked down almost all of their star wars stuff. old coin figures are $3 and change each. They had a bunch of rebel sentries and Pilot Biggs last night. They also have a table of really cheap clearance action figures (afro samurai and other DC direct & McFarlane stuff) and Halloween masks.

No more battlefront packs though.

FlorenceBeach said:
tsunamimtb said:
i thought suncoast went out of business
I wish it would have!
just curious FB, why?

Reaction score
DarthBuff said:
FB sticks it back to the HW guys. They deserve it. We collect this stuff for fun. HW guys by our new stuff and makes things harder for us on our hunts.
I don't think anyone's buying SW to scalp these days. I just don't get the point of scalping HW.....there are kids that might want those.
It also makes things harder on our hunts when tons of stuff has been stashed waiting for clearance.
But I don't care about HW and don't have problems in my stores, so whatever....just my 2 cents

Reaction score
j3h said:
Massapequa mall Suncoast marked down almost all of their star wars stuff. old coin figures are $3 and change each. They had a bunch of rebel sentries and Pilot Biggs last night. They also have a table of really cheap clearance action figures (afro samurai and other DC direct & McFarlane stuff) and Halloween masks.

No more battlefront packs though.

FlorenceBeach said:
tsunamimtb said:
i thought suncoast went out of business
I wish it would have!
just curious FB, why?
theyre stuff is always overpriced and when it goes on clearance, nothing good is left.

Reaction score
wookieeboy said:
DarthBuff said:
I don't think anyone's buying SW to scalp these days. I just don't get the point of scalping HW.....there are kids that might want those.
It also makes things harder on our hunts when tons of stuff has been stashed waiting for clearance.
But I don't care about HW and don't have problems in my stores, so whatever....just my 2 cents
for many years, there was a peaceful relationship between the star wars collectors and hot wheel collectors. hot wheel collectors began getting greedy when they learned how much money some star wars toys were going for. they began buying everything star wars that was considered rare. well, I, along with other long island collectors have had enough and began fighting fire with fire. There is no truce between us now.

sure, no one is scalping much these days because nothing is hitting the shelves. but if the hot wheel collector finds out about the skirtless hoth soldier, your going to see them alot less on the shelves and in the hands of the sleazy hot wheel collector.

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
wookieeboy said:
DarthBuff said:
for many years, there was a peaceful relationship between the star wars collectors and hot wheel collectors. hot wheel collectors began getting greedy when they learned how much money some star wars toys were going for. they began buying everything star wars that was considered rare. well, I, along with other long island collectors have had enough and began fighting fire with fire. There is no truce between us now.

sure, no one is scalping much these days because nothing is hitting the shelves. but if the hot wheel collector finds out about the skirtless hoth soldier, your going to see them alot less on the shelves and in the hands of the sleazy hot wheel collector.
I think most people want the skirtless Hoth Soldier just because he has no skirt. This is going to make things a lot harder for collectors.

Reaction score
AnthonyP said:
FlorenceBeach said:
wookieeboy said:
DarthBuff said:

I think most people want the skirtless Hoth Soldier just because he has no skirt. This is going to make things a lot harder for collectors.
I was just made aware by DOUBLEDOWN yesterday that I own the $70 version!

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
AnthonyP said:
FlorenceBeach said:
wookieeboy said:
DarthBuff said:

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:

Good to see you FB, the SW "room" is coming along great!! Post some pics to show the boys...

Reaction score
@FB - the ESB wave: Hoth Trooper, Ugnaught, Needa, Luke in bathrobe, Leia, & Emperor.

I've seen the remnants of this wave once - a Needa (which I bought) & a Luke - at the Stony Brook Target about 2 weeks ago, & I have seen nothing since. Really just want the Ugnaught & trooper (don't care if it has the "skirt" or not), and I will want both versions if I can.

Oh, and that @$%*ing CW Jar Jar too . . .

Reaction score
Darth_Lynch said:
@FB - the ESB wave: Hoth Trooper, Ugnaught, Needa, Luke in bathrobe, Leia, & Emperor.

I've seen the remnants of this wave once - a Needa (which I bought) & a Luke - at the Stony Brook Target about 2 weeks ago, & I have seen nothing since. Really just want the Ugnaught & trooper (don't care if it has the "skirt" or not), and I will want both versions if I can.

ah...ok! I obtained these 2 weeks ago at target. I though the next wave was out already!

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
Darth_Lynch said:

ah...ok! I obtained these 2 weeks ago at target. I though the next wave was out already!
I wish!

Went into Medford Target tonight and they had absolutely nothing. I even asked to see if there was anything in the back and they brought out a bunch of Yarna's.