Local Area Reports #13 : Long Island

Reaction score
Darth_Lynch said:
They have a very organized person working the pegs in toys at that wally - last time I was there, the figures were actually neat! Each peg had the same figure! Tons of all of wave 4, but that was 3 days ago.
it was probably a collector that did that...

Reaction score
doubledown said:
Darth_Lynch said:
They have a very organized person working the pegs in toys at that wally - last time I was there, the figures were actually neat! Each peg had the same figure! Tons of all of wave 4, but that was 3 days ago.
it was probably a collector that did that...
That's usually who does it.

Reaction score
went on my toy run this afternoon. Nothing new at:
Wal-mart Centerreach & Setauket
Target Setauket & Medford
TRU Holbrook.
Centerreach Walmart did have the wolverine Origins exclusives of Logan and Sabretooth, but they were 10.88 each. They were in a big display cube down the main aisle.

Reaction score
I hit every Target, Wally & TRU in the centereach/setauket/medford/holbrook/middle island run. I found nothing at all worth reporting.

All the reports of the new BPs, new TLC & CW waves being found all over are starting to depress me. I don't mind the dry spells, but now that I know new stuff is out there I want to find it!

Reaction score
Darth_Lynch said:
I hit every Target, Wally & TRU in the centereach/setauket/medford/holbrook/middle island run. I found nothing at all worth reporting.

All the reports of the new BPs, new TLC & CW waves being found all over are starting to depress me. I don't mind the dry spells, but now that I know new stuff is out there I want to find it!
Don't worry Lynch! They'll be here soon!

Reaction score
We Easterners may have a day or two more before the BP's hit. I'm thinking the weekend or next Mon.

Reaction score
Copaigue Target has some of Clone Wars Wave 5. I saw about 2 each of Kit Fisto and Jar Jar. No Clones or Battle Droids. This was about 3pm.

Reaction score
Mass WM is still pretty barren. Mass TRU has the Force Unleashed 3 packs (black stormtroopers, red striped stormtroopers).

Reaction score
wow....everyone's hitting my stores!

if there was something to be had, the fat hot wheels scapler, george would buy it all and sell it to the guy at the land of oohs and aahs.

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
wow....everyone's hitting my stores!

if there was something to be had, the fat hot wheels scapler, george would buy it all and sell it to the guy at the land of oohs and aahs.
I don't think I'll ever get that.

Reaction score
Yeah, I was in the area looking for some Star Trek. Sorry I missed out on the Clones.

Reaction score
DarthBuff said:
Yeah, I was in the area looking for some Star Trek. Sorry I missed out on the Clones.
I was very close to buying a Spock figure the other day just to surround him with stormtroopers and take some amusing pics....I didn't pull the trigger though lol

Reaction score
Saw 1 green clone & 1 space BD at Stony Brook Target, and that's about it. Still on the hunt for Jar Jar & Fisto, so if anyone sees them in my normal hunting grounds (Middle Island - Stony Brook/Smithaven) please keep me in mind! Thanks.

Reaction score
Picked up a few POTF2 figs at a garage sale today...just filling a couple holes on the cheap

Reaction score
wookieeboy said:
Picked up a few POTF2 figs at a garage sale today...just filling a couple holes on the cheap
nice!! how much and how many figs? I skipped my weekly garage sales today. had tons of stuff do to around my house.

Reaction score
wookieeboy said:
nice!! how much and how many figs? I skipped my weekly garage sales today. had tons of stuff do to around my house.

Reaction score
wookieeboy said:

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
wookieeboy said:
5 carded figs for $10...nothing great, but it felt good not paying an arm and a leg for "new" figures. I also picked up some much needed memory for my pc, so I'm happy with my haul

Reaction score
wookieeboy said:
FlorenceBeach said:
wookieeboy said:
5 carded figs for $10...nothing great, but it felt good not paying an arm and a leg for "new" figures. I also picked up some much needed memory for my pc, so I'm happy with my haul
Nice!
I should really clean out my garage and garage sale some stuff I know that will probably never see the light of day, anyone think they would trek out to Massapequa for some deals this summer?

Reaction score
winstonwolf said:
wookieeboy said:
FlorenceBeach said:
wookieeboy said:
Nice!
I should really clean out my garage and garage sale some stuff I know that will probably never see the light of day, anyone think they would trek out to Massapequa for some deals this summer?
It depends on how good those deals were.

Reaction score
winstonwolf said:
wookieeboy said:
FlorenceBeach said:
wookieeboy said:
Nice!
I would. I used to live there and go back every now and then...need my Big Daddy's bbq chicken and ribs fix!

Reaction score
wookieeboy said:
winstonwolf said:
wookieeboy said:
FlorenceBeach said:
wookieeboy said:
Nice!
I would. I used to live there and go back every now and then...need my Big Daddy's bbq chicken and ribs fix!
all american is reason enough to come to massapequa!

Reaction score
Got the Clone Wars Jabba battle pack today at Setauket Target. They had one more. Also got my 2nd 41st clone to open. Waiting for the next wave now. Lynch - you have a PM.

Reaction score
atreyu2112 said:
Got the Clone Wars Jabba battle pack today at Setauket Target. They had one more. Also got my 2nd 41st clone to open. Waiting for the next wave now. Lynch - you have a PM.
Nice score Atreyu! Now if I can only find it.

Reaction score
Hey Atreyu - just got your PM (the site was down for a bit this AM) & I am going on my lunch break in 10 - I'll let you know in an hour how it went! Thanks for thinking of me!

Reaction score
Hey Atreyu - well, the figures got moved, but I still found Kit Fisto hanging on the pegs. Also scored a Scramble on Yavin BP. The cashier who rang me up was nice enough to tell me that she bought the last Jabba BP for her son. So thanks very much for thinking of me! I'm sure I'll score the Jar Jar eventually, but I am assuming he's gonna have Ahsoka-like popularity with the kids.

Reaction score
Hey Darth Lynch I just got back from Central Islip Target and they had Jar Jar & Kit Fisto. I hid them if you want them. Just PM me. Nothing else there though.

Reaction score
jedichicken said:
Hey Darth Lynch I just got back from Central Islip Target and they had Jar Jar & Kit Fisto. I hid them if you want them. Just PM me. Nothing else there though.
Thanks for the heads-up. I tried to make time to get out there, but I had to tutor in Eastport & Patchogue until 930. I'll get than frikkin' Gungan eventually!

TLC6 should be hitting any day now ... keep hunting!

Reaction score
Picked up the Yavin BP and a Hoth Rebel Soldier at Setauket Target today. They had plenty of the Yavin and Jabba BP's. Also had a couple Snowtroopers, Medic Frigate Luke, and Needa.
The Yavin BP and Hoth soldier are very cool.

Reaction score
Snagged one of the Jabba BPs and the Needa from Setauket Target, left the Luke. Nothing at all at Medford Target, unless you like Breha Organa & Clones.

Love the Jabba in the BP - even though the droid coloring is off, the very cool looking Jabba makes up for it in my mind.