Lobot -VC***

GNT

Reaction score
Everyone’s favourite assistant is coming to the Vintage Collection. I didn’t mind the last release but keen to see added articulation on this upcoming release.

bac

Reaction score
Not the most exciting figure but a needed one for Bespin. He should look great with modern design and Photo Real.

Reaction score
he better come with the old OTC datapa accessory along with a Bespin blaster pistol or else there will be hell to pay

Reaction score
I'm very excited to get these updated characters, lobot is pretty key to the esb shelf, hopefully we ll see a release of the bespin guards soon too

Reaction score
I am curious how they'll do the articulation on this one, right above the belt so it isn't so obvious looking or mid torso so it looks odd. Also his arms with the way the material is designed might not accommodate elbow very well. Most of all, the hips, how do they not make them look so stand outish.

Reaction score
Looking forward to the actual figure reveal, I would love to replace my OTC version.

Reaction score
Hope he looks awesome and has some interesting new accessories, because he's one of the most boring 96ers. I welcome anything from the OT though, that's reason TVC exists, right?

Reaction score
i'm honestly pretty fine with the one i have now? it's not like lobot is doing action moves so i don't really need SA. i mean, i guess it's cool and i'll probably get it, but my excitement level for this one is pretty low.

Reaction score
Back in the Kenner days Lando and Lobot went on way more adventures at my house than Han and Chewie.
Yeah, getting this guy.

Reaction score
This is something to celebrate for a bunch of reasons!

First, it should make people who both love and hate the 96 happy. If you want 96ers on TVC cardbacks, then, well, here’s two hallowed OT legends with ancient names. Cross two off the list! But if you hate the 96, then, well, here’s two hallowed OT legends with ancient names. It gets the fanatics closer to their goal and eliminates the need for them to keep harping about these two (who just happen to be two of the more requested 96ers). It crosses two of the list (once it’s done, you can escape their harping, which will lessen with every cross-off, especially when the release is a highly touted one 😜).

Second, it further proves that Hasbro are trying to fill out the playset rosters. That’s excellent news for obvious reasons!

Third, it demonstrates Hasbro’s willingness to commit to possible “lower-rated” characters, the ones people fear will peg warm. Maybe we have a chance at a few “not known to the casual buyer” guys.

Reaction score
i'm honestly pretty fine with the one i have now? it's not like lobot is doing action moves so i don't really need SA. i mean, i guess it's cool and i'll probably get it, but my excitement level for this one is pretty low.
No action moves? No action moves? What about the deleted scene where Lobot owns the dance floor? The POTF2 version was based on it.

Reaction score
I never really cared for him until I read some of the comics and saw how they used him to flesh out Lando as a character. I'm in for one.

Reaction score
FINALLY! It was pretty absurd they released the Carbon Chamber...but not updates for Bespin Escape Leia, Lobot, Bespin Lando, Bespin Guard, and the Ugnaughts. I think really you can get away with re-releasing the Bespin Guard (ideally a new head though) and the Ugnaughts, but could do new ones too. But man it's so nice that now we have Bespin Escape Leia with a new Bespin Lando and Lobot on the way.

Reaction score
The TESB card seems like the clear choice.

Beyond that? Ugh. The TVC obsession with getting every Original 96 character made on a TVC card with a TVC number and premium level articulation seems to be going overboard. And Lobot does not need to damned rocker ankles! There have been 2 Lobot figures in the modern era. The POTF2 figure was trash. But the OTC one? It fit the bill just fine for a character whose whole action sequences included opening his eyes and gesturing for the Bespin Guards to move in a certain direction.

The OTC figure was also a notorious pegwarmer. It was originally released in 2004, and I could still find it on pegs in some stores around 2008 or 2009. This is the only instance where making a figure a Walmart exclusive could possibly make sense, so this figure REALLY needs to be released in that program and not as a mainline release.

Reaction score
This is the only instance where making a figure a Walmart exclusive could possibly make sense, so this figure REALLY needs to be released in that program and not as a mainline release.
Was already confirmed to be mainline. It's part of the Bo Katan wave. And don't worry your pretty little head, this figure will not peg warm. Hasbro still can't manage to get adequate stock of TVC into any brick and mortar, so nothing that reaches the pegs lasts long. If the recent repacks of peasant Anakin and TPM Amidala can sell out, Lobot will have zero problem. I know I'm buying 3.

Reaction score
Was already confirmed to be mainline. It's part of the Bo Katan wave. And don't worry your pretty little head, this figure will not peg warm. Hasbro still can't manage to get adequate stock of TVC into any brick and mortar, so nothing that reaches the pegs lasts long. If the recent repacks of peasant Anakin and TPM Amidala can sell out, Lobot will have zero problem. I know I'm buying 3.
Oh, yeah. I forgot about the reporting from Yakface that confirmed that. Then it's a case of double-UGH!

Reaction score
Seems you're getting worked up over nothing. Lobot is going to be packed one-per-case, and likely won't be carried forward in future waves. It's going to be a great figure that tons of both loose and carded collectors are going to want, and it's a part of one of the best case assortments in a very long time. If anything, Lobot will become like the Power Droid, where he disappears almost as quickly as he arrived, and his aftermarket price will spike.

Reaction score
FINALLY! It was pretty absurd they released the Carbon Chamber...but not updates for Bespin Escape Leia, Lobot, Bespin Lando, Bespin Guard, and the Ugnaughts. I think really you can get away with re-releasing the Bespin Guard (ideally a new head though) and the Ugnaughts, but could do new ones too. But man it's so nice that now we have Bespin Escape Leia with a new Bespin Lando and Lobot on the way.
It will certainly be nice to finally be able to complete that scene with all modern figures, not that it's was 100% needed in regards to Lobot as the current figure is decent filler for standing there. I mean in terms up modern updates there are certainly others who are in far more need of it. I still think an updated for Lobot should have happened before all this new articulation craze with split torso and rocker ankles as I too am one who feels it's a bit overboard for the character.

I'm kind of hoping that the Bad Batch 4-pk means Hasbro is getting more creative with releases and once Lobot is out we could potentially see a Bespin 4-pk with both Ugnaught figures, and 2 BSG's w/new head sculpts. Or 1 Ugnaught, 1 BSG, 1 Stormie, and 1 anchor figure? My vote of course if for the first one but I recognize that these sets need an anchor character to appeal to the masses.

Reaction score
It will certainly be nice to finally be able to complete that scene with all modern figures, not that it's was 100% needed in regards to Lobot as the current figure is decent filler for standing there. I mean in terms up modern updates there are certainly others who are in far more need of it. I still think an updated for Lobot should have happened before all this new articulation craze with split torso and rocker ankles as I too am one who feels it's a bit overboard for the character.

I'm kind of hoping that the Bad Batch 4-pk means Hasbro is getting more creative with releases and once Lobot is out we could potentially see a Bespin 4-pk with both Ugnaught figures, and 2 BSG's w/new head sculpts. Or 1 Ugnaught, 1 BSG, 1 Stormie, and 1 anchor figure? My vote of course if for the first one but I recognize that these sets need an anchor character to appeal to the masses.
The skiff guard pack didn’t have an anchor. Some ugnaughts and BSPs would be just fine. Maybe a reissue of the CFC stormie.