Limited Run Games announces slate of LucasArts physical releases at E3

Reaction score
At E3, Limited Run announced that several Star Wars (& a couple Monkey Island games) from LucasArts are going to get a new physical release as collectors editions. I’m sure most of you have heard about this, but I’ll post the list of titles below. Anyone interested in these? I might get the Dark Forces one just for the extras, but I have the original versions of many of these in a playable format so I don’t think I’ll get too carried away as most of them are not re-mastered.

• The Curse of Monkey Island (PC)
  • Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge (PC)
  • The Secret of Monkey Island (PC)
  • The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (PC)
  • Star Wars (NES, Game Boy)
  • Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (PS4)
  • Star Wars: Dark Forces (PC)
  • Star Wars Episode I: Racer (PC, N64)
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (NES, Game Boy)
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight (PC)
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 - Jedi Outcast (PC)
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (PC)
  • Star Wars: Racer Revenge (PS4)
  • Star Wars: Rebel Assault (PC)
  • Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (PC, N64)
  • Star Wars: TIE Fighter (PC)
  • Star Wars: X-Wing (PC)

Reaction score
Unfortunately I only game on the Xbox One now, otherwise I'd definitely get Bounty Hunter. Loved that game!

Reaction score
Kick in the nuts for XBoX One players, but that's the store of the entire console experience.

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m mildly annoyed by that. I have Xbox One and Bounty Hunter and Racer Revenge are two of the few Star Wars games I’ve never really dug into. That said, I do have a copy of each on PS2 that I’ve had since Chicago and I haven’t played them yet. Knowing that these two new editions will probably be 1080p kinda kills my drive to fire up the original copies.

I am curious how the old PC titles are going to work, I certainly hope they make it easy for the uninitiated to install them and get em running.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Very excited about the re-release of Star Wars: Dark Forces. That was one of my favorite games from the 90's.

Reaction score
I STILL Bounty Hunter on a regular basis (GameCube disk/Wii console)

Underrated great game.

Reaction score
I will probably pick up Shadows of the Empire. I loved that game as a kid and its my favorite story. I hope they do the original Rogue Squadron, that was another favorite.

Reaction score
Question, I have originals of these yet they are not playable on WIN 10. So did they reprogram the game to be playable on current systems ? Anyone know how I can use the original games on WIN 10 ?

Reaction score
I have these on Steam. Can anyone tell me if there are any differences between these and the Downloadable versions?

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So far, I've gotten in on the the Premium Edition & Classic Edition for:
  • Star Wars: Dark Forces (PC)
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight (PC)
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 - Jedi Outcast (PC)
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (PC)
  • Star Wars: Rebel Assault (SCD)
I wish they'd done a PC version of Rebel Assault, but it was only a Sega CD version that went up a while back. The coin, art cards, poster and pin were a big selling point.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm really, really hoping Limited Run Games also does a re-release for Sam & Max Hit The Road as part of their LucasArts partnership.

Reaction score
First I have to see, I really enjoyed this game back in the old days. It was a welcome alternate to the every-year-milked-NfS releases

Just curious, the announced LR, will this be the EXACT same game as years ago, or will it have enhanced/upgraded graphics too ?

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Mega-Bundle sold out rather quickly this morning, but it will be available again at 6:00pm (eastern) tonight. The blister pack and boxed versions of both X-Wing & TIE Fighter are still available from the first batch.

Reaction score
Still holding out hope for Rogue Squadron and X-Wing Alliance at some point.