Like a Wild Bantha

Utinniii

Reaction score
<music: Imperial March>
The few that know of my existence know me as Shiv, but my reputation has many names. Ash is the most common, as that is all that is left of my victims. I’m a slicer, both as an information broker as well as an assassin.

Currently, I’m engaged in my espionage capacity. 12th Frett has hired me to retrieve a data tape and the Imperial codes to decrypt it.

Data this sensitive can’t simply be transmitted, it has to be handed off in person.
Whatever it is, both the Rebellion and Empire would kill for it. Have killed for it. Getting the tape involved a pile of corpses and had cost me Proxy, my droid. Fried by a failsafe. Getting into the Emperor’s archives deep in Coruscant’s underbelly was nigh impossible; getting out, unharmed and untraced even harder.

<music: Trust goes both ways>
Jedha: I had no interest in returning to this dump, but this is where my Imperial contact currently is.
The Captain works under that red headed slashrat Colonel and is a marker best cashed before she liquidates her assets. She’s hot and not only in temperament. One doesn’t get a second chance to either fail or cross her.

Shiv watches the people around her. Were they spies, marks, or out to kill her? The assassin droid on Axum had looked ordinary enough. She wouldn’t make the same mistake again.

Muttering under her breath, “Fool me once, you’re dead.”

There was an even higher Imperial presence. Did they know she was here?

Disarming the safeguards of the tape revealed the data was from the Emperors personal archives. It was hidden from Imperial archivists. It was something the Emperor either couldn’t or wouldn’t destroy but he didn’t want anyone else to know of it.

Jedah was even worse than the last time she was here. Tensions were palpable.

<music: Jedah city ambush>

The Captain was waiting by the deep fried Hoojib stand. Spicy, but delicious. I had a different meal in mind.

He hadn’t noticed me yet. Oblivious. He stood out like a Bantha in an Anoobas pack. I silently walked up to him and whispered in his ear, “Colonel keeping you on your toes?”

Captain Farkle, jumped, and turned to face me. Then he nervously scanned the area, constantly feeling the object inside his coat, revealing that not only did he have something to hide, but that he had it on him. On his own, he’d be dead within the hour. The idiot either didn’t think to carry it in something smaller or it was the original encrypted data tape.

“You have no idea what she is capable of. People think Daala is ruthless but she’s nothing compared to…” Captain Farkle swallowed, his words stuck in his throat. “Look, for this information I need your services to disappear”.

“IF your codes check out and the data contains what I think it does, you can consider us square. Later, I can get you out, but it will cost more to get you gone.”

The Captain pleaded with his bulging eyes, “Whatever the cost, just take me now!”

“I can’t afford the liability.”

“I’ve changed my mind. I can destroy the cod-…”

Shiv place a vibroblade to his throat.
“Listen mynock, they know it was stolen. They probably already know it was you.” She spat out, “You’re done. Give me the kriff’n codes now or this vibroblade will find a new home someplace soft. And don’t think I’m giving you the easy way out. I’ll just slow you down enough so when they find you, they’ll be able to question you for days…”

Lying of course. He’d sell me out first chance he got. I haven’t gotten this far by leaving loose ends.

Suddenly the rumble of treads could be heard under the tromping of Stormtroopers marching.
Shiv froze as the first of the Stormtroopers rounded the corner.

“Don’t move” she quietly hissed. Her voice no less deadly for its volume.

She forcefully pivoted him so that his face was concealed to the troopers. His look of terror would give him up. She put a death grip on the data tape. His hand was already there.

In her peripheral vision, she saw movement in the rooftops above her. Also in the side streets. People with guns.
As the Assault tank rumbled past she saw her play.

“As soon as I tell you, be prepared to follow me. Fast. I know where to stash you until this dies down and we can escape. You can give me the codes then.

“When what dies dow-” his voice drowned out by what would be the first shots in this battle.

He raised his hands to protect his head and followed as I took off, data tape in my hand. He didn’t wait to be told…

In the privacy of one of my many bolt holes I finally managed to decrypt the tape. My terminal was unconnected to any database and nowhere near the holonet. Here, I was untraceable, unknowable.

It was easy to see why the Emperor wanted this to never see the light of day. It could destroy him. He was an idiot for holding onto it. Power made men stupid.

A jizz tape of the Emperor and some Pa’Lowick starlet.

The love duet would make her famous but it would be suicide for her to ever sing in the core systems again.

“Still”, she grudgingly admitted, “He’s got some pipes.”

finis

Last edited:
Reaction score
I thought this would end differently. I had to read the last panel a few times just to make sure I got it. I thought you'd take it as the beginning of a longer story.

What did you use for the tank? Was it a complete custom, or did you manage to find a look-a-like vehicle from a different line?

Utinniii

Reaction score
I thought this would end differently. I had to read the last panel a few times just to make sure I got it. I thought you'd take it as the beginning of a longer story.

What did you use for the tank? Was it a complete custom, or did you manage to find a look-a-like vehicle from a different line?
Thanks!

This was intended as a one shot, although I enjoyed writing Shiv (hated her cape though).

The R1 tank is all scratch built, except the treads which was taken from a Montoy tank. The smaller, hovertank used the top of the Montoy.

Utinniii

Reaction score
It just occurred to me your confusion might be a cultural linguistic thing. The EU uses "jizz" for describing a type of music. In North America, jizz has a much "seedier" meaning. it was a double entendre.
A *** tape for blackmail is an expected trope for a crime noire story, but where's the pun in that?