LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

Reaction score
Got this from a co-worker that just came back from Saint Augustine, here in Florida, and bought it at one of the stores in Old Town. Not sure what Astromech droid it is, but I think it is one of the weirdest collectibles I've ever gotten. :) It's about 10 1/4" tall, super heavy and made of what I think are some car engine parts with spark plugs dressing up its legs, bolts, etc. The dome rotates and the legs move. Anyway, I just thought of sharing some pictures of the little guy with you folks. :)

Here is a picture from far back to estimate its size, and two closer ones (front and back) to see its details ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got this from a co-worker that just came back from Saint Augustine, here in Florida, and bought it at one of the stores in Old Town. Not sure what Astromech droid it is, but I think it is one of the weirdest collectibles I've ever gotten. :) It's about 10 1/4" tall, super heavy and made of what I think are some car engine parts with spark plugs dressing up its legs, bolts, etc. The dome rotates and the legs move. Anyway, I just thought of sharing some pictures of the little guy with you folks.

Here is a picture from far back to estimate its size, and two closer ones (front and back) so see its details ...

This is very cool and funny at the same time. Ages ago I got a similar Fett

Reaction score
haha! I like your Fett, Sergiu. Amazing the creativity placed into some of these. I believe Galaxy's Edge in Disney will be/is selling some of these designs made with scrapped parts.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got this sculpted stainless steel travel tumbler that looks like it's been crumpled while at Disney Springs in Orlando with the family last week. A predecessor item of all the Star Wars Galaxy's Edge merchandise coming to the Park here in Florida in less than two months when the land opens. It's a limited run, and will only be available for a while prior to the opening of Galaxy's Edge in August .

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is a T-shirt I got on Father's Day from my wife, and I had forgotten to show it. Considering I pretty much live inside Rebelscum, I thought it was a very appropriate and cool gift. Thanks, honey! :)

Reaction score
Ben, I forgot to mention to you the other day that we asked at Disney again when the Galaxy's Edge hotel would open. We were told construction was moving fast and that most likely will open next year. No one knows for a fact how much it will cost to stay in it, but it will have less than 100 rooms. Here are two pictures of the progress on the hotel so far where the structures for the main building have already been set. The last picture, looking at the top left corner, show the proximity of the hotel to Galaxy's Edge on the forefront of the picture. These pics were taken just 16 days ago ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also ...
for us here on the East Coast and going to WDW for the experience, it is likely they'll implement a virtual queue, just as they did in Disneyland in order to control access by the crowds to the land once it's at capacity. Not sure if things will still be handled this way when I go around later this year in November. In any case, for anyone reading this and interested in knowing more about it, this is how it will work ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just read this article and I'm totally disappointed at what some people are doing. Then we go on and blame Disney for high prices (which they have), but if this is what people are doing I can see Disney increasing prices to make up for the loss. Even if it isn't much, it gives them an excuse to do it. And even if we think Disney is such an evil corporation that deserves to be stolen from, we should think again. Stealing is NOT cool at all. It is demoralizing, even more if it is meant as a way to profit from it when there's no need to do it...

Please, Stop Stealing Things From Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. By Kate Gardner

"Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the new theme park in Disneyland California, is a spaceport home to smugglers and rogues. That means that the LARP experience is going a bit further and folks are actually swiping menus, coasters, and everything else that they can from the park, not for souvenirs but to re-sell on eBay.

Some things, like coasters, are going for about $10. Other items, like the flight cards that you get before you go on the ride Smuggler’s Run—which you are supposed to return to the cast members before actually boarding the ride—are being sold for $20. Menus from Oga’s Cantina are now going for about $40. Even the sporks from eatery Docking Bay 7 are being grabbed.

Listen, Galaxy’s Edge has high prices, and I understand swiping a coaster for a souvenir. But it seems somewhat awful to steal as much as you can and then go sell it to the highest bidder on eBay. Especially the flight cards from the Millennium Falcon, which you are actively not supposed to be taken off the ride. I’m sure the cast members aren’t getting in trouble for guests with sticky fingers, but it’s still not cool.

Also slightly less cool? Buying up the merchandise to re-sell as well. I understand if you’re trying to get rid of stuff you already have, but buying new merchandise just to re-sell it seems like a jerk move. We can talk about accessibility until the banthas come home when it comes to Disney’s prices at the park, but going there and buying a lot of merchandise just to re-sell it is not the answer.

Deadline reports that while Disney hasn’t commented on the stealing, cast members are now taking menus back and working on steps to curtail visitors from swiping some free merchandise.

This isn’t technically illegal—no one is going to prosecute you for stealing a coaster or a flight card. But it still seems not particularly cool. Re-selling merchandise, potentially at a higher price than it was sold for in the parks, is just a jerk move. You’re preying on fans who can’t make it to the parks, forcing them to pay for things you stole or things you bought for a lower price. There has to be a better way if this kind of demand is in place. If fans are so eager to have a coaster from Galaxy’s Edge, they should be made available officially at a reasonable price.
Personally I'd like to have those coasters, but I will ask an employee first if it is O.K to take one, and if I could have a set of all the different ones. Gee! I'll even offer to pay for them. And as the article mentions, if there is such demand for items such as the coasters, maybe Disney could actually start selling them.

But in all ...Is our society in such decay we now go to Disney to steal stuff? Wow! If we need money so bad we have to result to stealing, how come then we have the money to pay the hefty price of a ticket to get in a Disney Park in the first place? What I think is really more stupid, is people willing to pay $40.00 for a stolen menu from Oga's Cantina. What the heck are they going to do with a menu for drinks/food? It's not even in the movies!!! :) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Julian,
Cute T and cool tumbler! Thanks for the hotel update...I guess I assumed that it was going to be attached to the SW land but at least it is right across the road from it.
Disney could easily undercut the Galaxy's Edge scalpers/thieves by putting this stuff up on their on line store at a reasonable price since the demand seems to be there.
Ben
PS I'm PMing you a link to my Chicago pics. :)

Reaction score
I guess working for things has become out of style. Now stealing and making a couple bucks off it is the way to go :\. I loathe Disney as much as anyone out there, and I'll admit if people were taking these just to add to their personal collections I think that's actually okay because they are dumb little items like coasters and menus. But taking for the sole purpose of making a profit off it is indeed stealing.

Reaction score
Thanks Julian. I have some family problems so wasn't able to answer these days. I know about dimensions from a Facebook posting, pretty cool piece, but not sure if worth shipping.

Reaction score
Thanks Julian. I have some family problems so wasn't able to answer these days. I know about dimensions from a Facebook posting, pretty cool piece, but not sure if worth shipping.
You are welcome, Sergiu. I asked an Ebay seller about the size of the flag and that's how I found out. I'll let you know when I head to Disney three or four months from now, and if you are interested then, I don't mind picking it up for you at the Park if they have it. I can see the problem you are having with your Dad's health, and I only hope things get better for him. Best wishes.

Reaction score
You are welcome, Sergiu. I asked an Ebay seller about the size of the flag and that's how I found out. I'll let you know when I head to Disney three or four months from now, and if you are interested then, I don't mind picking it up for you at the Park if they have it. I can see the problem you are having with your Dad's health, and I only hope things get better for him. Best wishes.
Thanks Julian

Reaction score
This is a beautiful piece from famous Spanish brand Lladro, a world leader in design of porcelain art creations. She stands almost 22" tall and limited to 1,000 pieces. Beautiful sculpt! But the price of $3,900.00 for the statue is something I'm not willing to pay.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As I said on the other post, beautiful piece. Not for the scale or price, but just a gorgeous sculpt.

Reaction score
Exactly how I feel. I think they went a little crazy on the price. Just because she is a queen, the statue shouldn't be priced for one. This gives a pretty good idea of how much all the other ones coming up from Lladro after this one will cost. To be honest, I would spend that much (and a bit more) on an MR Millennium Falcon if I had the room for one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not at all impressed by this Padme. OK the details of the outfit are impressive. But I'm not really seeing Natalie in the face sculpt. It has a generic doll look. A little like some of the Attakus human efforts. And as others have said, the price and "limited" edition size are a joke.

PS--Julian-time to clear messages in your PM box!

Reaction score
Haha! Thanks, Ben. Here I go again forgetting about my inbox.

* Yes. I agree her dress is fantastic but the face not so much.

Reaction score
Getting a little bored ... I think I'll do a compilation of some pictures I worked on before and kill some time until something new arrives.

Reaction score

There are those times when companies producing high end collectibles lend themselves to a bit of criticism, and as collectors we tend to be rather critical of them. Driven by our own expectations, we sometimes let our emotions take control and find ourselves being quite vocal due to long and boring product delays, the likeness of any given item being less than desired, or when prices go up.

I've chosen to express my own criticism of these situations in a humorous way, without any ill intentions, through the use of pictures containing a bit of irony, exaggeration, or ridicule. Laughter is the best remedy when we are feeling a bit down, and after all, life is too short to let frustration over collectibles take the best of us. Days go by a lot better when there's laughter in our hearts. For the most part, the product these companies offer is rather nice, and I continue to collect it. I only hope people see this post as just as having fun and nothing else.

There are also those well known Holidays in the year where I've chosen to place some of the Star Wars characters a bit beyond their usual portrayal on the films. Those days are also part of this picture gathering in here.

So, it's all a satirical view at some of the situations we encounter in this collecting world of ours :)

We've all been through a series of issues with GG's website, delayed deliveries and so forth through the years. Quite frustrating at times, I admit it. Here is how I see it :) ...

- Look who's manning the phones!

Every now and then the site requires some maintenance ...

And the vote counting moved along real fast with such improved system ...

- Shipping has always been extremely fast as you can see ...

- What about those times when we don't hear from GG in weeks. Well, there is a scientific answer for that ...

- Even Obi-Wan has felt it :) ...

- What about when we wait and wait and wait for PGM gifts till the end of times ...

- Sometimes we even result to unconventional ways to find out where things are ...

- We try so hard to find out ...

- And what about those times when we wait for the next exclusive announcement and ....

- Even Hollywood made a movie about GG collecting ...

- And we have been made clear why some delays take place. The Network has reported it ...

- There's even been times when many of us have felt the need to do this ...

- So, to sum it all up :) ...

- But there's something about those mini busts that keeps us coming back for more. Even Eddie, the Mascot from Iron Maiden, gives GG a go. Rock on!

Last edited:
Reaction score
But let's go back a little and see some of the stuff people haven't been too happy with. Let's look at some of the sculpting quickly of a couple of items. ..

- Oh, yeah! ... That " Yo! What up" pose and subtle smile of Mr. Solo here ... :)

As well as the possibility of the character having played in other films ...

... As well as his fantastic night job as a DJ! ...

Now leaving Han's issues behind, I was quite excited to find out actor Ted Cassidy (Lurch) lent his likeness for the Endor Trooper mini bust. I've always been a fan of that show! :)

And what about or dear Slave Leia mini bust? Her likeness for that piece was seen by some as having some equine configuration. When compared to the prototype one could see it was like day and night at the stable :) ...

See why?

They must have been fans of this competition show a few years back at GG. If the reputed poses can be interpreted like so :) ...

Love the TIE pills, but some of us have always wondered why the long necks. Well, wonder no more. A hidden feature was recently discovered giving the pilots a telescopic view of their surroundings :) ....

But what about that time when Luke was made from his reflection on a mirror, and we got this instead ....

Looking at the pose, I kind of see a bit of Spaniard flamenco dancing there. Even a Broadway play was created based on his pose :) ...

And what about the SDCC Luke Jedi version 2. Well :)....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Arghhh! So much gold stuff everywhere, so many blasters, prices going up. Exhausting! :p...

- But hey! Let's keep it cool and show the bling down 42nd Street! :)

Even Han wanted a gold blaster for Celebration! :)

And here is where they're being made and offered for Celebration! ...

No gold for Chewie, but plenty of blasters for him and any other character they can give them to. "Blasters for everybody! " Was a scream heard through the hallways at GG :)

And speaking of Gold equaling $$$, a Classics Money Trooper was on the works...

And we so much going and prices going so high, thieves are breaking into houses and taken the mini busts. It's been reported in the news :) ....

Noway! $28.00 extra for a rat exclusive! :)

Yup! Even some folks are following this rigorous diet to afford the mini busts :) ...

But even with prices so high, who could resist a mini bust like this if you like music :) ..

Last edited:
Reaction score
But we do get some good stuff from time to time, although sometimes it does not happen without some collective effort. Take for instance the "Make that Bust" campaigns we've been doing here for the last few years ...

- This was our first one, and it paid of!! This poster was shown during the last Celebration in Orlando at the Collectors Panel. We knew then someone was paying attention :) ...

It wasn't easy, but we got our ninja squad to plaster these posters (no we didn't) all over GG's headquarters at the time. The next morning residents were alarmed :)

- And even a concept mini bust idea was suggested ...

Yes! We did it! :)

Then we figured it was time to continue the fight for more of what we wanted (at least some of us) :)

- And again, our ninjas invaded GG headquarters (No we didn't) this time around with tons of Amanaman posters. Local collectors were caught on camera holding loudspeakers: Amanaman! ,Amanaman! - you could hear them say, as reported by CNN :) ...

- A concept mini bust was once again suggested ...

- And wanted posters were handed out by street distributors at every traffic light ...

And while Amanaman has not yet been delivered, it will happen later this year or our money back! :)

And why not go as well for Bib Fortuna ! ....

Yes! We won that battle and we were happy! :)

But ours is a restless fight to get delivered what we truly want. We are now hoping for Squid Head AKA Tessek to be made. And when it happens, it will be for my good friend Kevin, unfortunately no longer among us, but he so much wanted it. I won't give up Kev! Here is a picture of the poster and other images with a satirical look into politics ...

And a mini bust suggestion here, once again :) ...

Yes, there is more. Ryan here in the forums would walk on fire for a Rancor Keeper mini bust and get it signed by the actor while he's studying in Europe. So why not give him a hand and campaign for such caring keeper. Here is Malakili!

These flyers are being made available at every Home Depot store, where the Keeper usually buys the chain to restraint his Rancor :) ...

And who do we have here? Yup! She loves the Keeper too. Posing for the picture was done for free. Lots of love for The Keeper out there :) ....

Just be careful where you plaster the posters. Haters are always finding ways to destroy any trades of them! :)

- A mini bust suggestion? :) ...

What else are we "fighting" for? Well, how about changing the pose on the upcoming version of Tarkin. No clinched fist, please. Arm behind his back. And we are here to make it clear! :) ....

- This is how we want it ...

- And here is proof we mean business! Simmer down, folks. No need for violence! :)

- Yup ... Just do it! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes your right. It's not that important in the grand scheme of things. Family health friends. Having a good life is important. This is just gravy. If they don't come on time then they don't come. it sucks but in the end...It's just a hobby. Thank God it's not Anvos!!

Reaction score
And while we are campaigning for Tessek and the Rancor Keeper, well, there are other mini busts I'd like to see made. Here are some concepts ...

- The two cloud car pilots below are based on concept drawings for the film and Hasbro figures ..

My most want mini bust ...

- Some more pilots wouldn't hurt

- How about a Ki-Adi-Mundi mini bust :) ....

And then the baseball exclusive! :)

- And for those times when there's no much to make, this one could be considered :) ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
This and That

While I do not have a problem with people collecting anything they like, I did notice a couple of years ago and over saturation of Jumbo figures while mini busts were not getting the same treatment. A lot of people complained and that gave me an idea to transfer that sentiment into a couple of satirical images ...

- I felt so sorry for this man when I read the news :) ...

- Then there was this Jumbo, I can't really define. Can you guess how many characters it is made with?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Some of the youngest folks here probably won't remember it, but back in the 90's there was a huge campaign for Camel cigarettes, billboards everywhere, magazines, all over. I've always associated the look of Yakface to Cool Joe, the cartoon camel from the campaign. So here is Yakface puffing away as Cool Joe :) ...

So I hear some people being a bit underwhelmed by some of the ST movies and some of the characters not being completely of their like, such as the Praetorian guard, and Luke's character portrayal. So, based on that sentiment I thought this would be of their like :) ...

How the look of EP VII was made :) ...

- Hey! Do you know what's a Rancor's favorite desert? :) ....

- And now for a little game! :) ...

Someone found the "LIKE" button for the forums! :)

Have you ever wonder what they did with all those left over tin boxes the convention exclusive Boba Fett bust came in? Well :) ...

Maybe I'm not seeing straight, but there are a couple of statues from Sideshow that ...

Still waiting for the return of Looney Tunes to Television as a Star Wars crossover, and Elmer Fudd as an Endor Rebel Soldier :) ...

Did this commission work for the maker of the helmet. I need to get one! :) ...

Did this for the son of a friend here in the forums :) ....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thought the jumbo variant mash up was hilarious, because Hasbro released a Vader from SDCC that looked just like that LOL. Also, waiting for our PGM gifts, spot on!

Reaction score
Herb, Travis, Ben thank you for your kind comments.

Trav, yes I've seen that Vader "prototype" figure. Apparently there will be 5,000 color combinations. Pretty much a nightmare for variant collectors. I like the Retro line, but that one's just too flashy for my taste. And Ben, I also like Slash Yoda. Maybe they'll get it made one day? Haha! And I say yes, like you, to more Rebel pilots. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was interested in that figure for about one minute, then saw how many versions there was and said nope. Also agree that Rainbow Brite Vader is a bit much.

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind comment, Joe. Hopefully one day we'll see at least one Cloud Car pilot and the Bespin guard, thus helping complete the Bespin shelf! Slash Yoda seems to be a hit. Maybe GG can make it haha!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Me too, man. It'd be great if they go there at some point. I could send the images, but most likely they won't be considered. I'm quite disappointed with the McQuarrie Sandtrooper, and to some degree I have lost hope we'll get to see much more from now on. We don't even have a picture yet of next year's Ponda Baba mini bust, nor the gifts from last year despite paying for a membership. At this point I really don't know what to think.

Reaction score
I'm holding out on the Ahsoka bust and my gifts before I renew. If I don't renew it will be the first time that I haven't. Seeing the McQ Sandtrooper has me worried. I'm just glad I got the Boba Fett Collectors Gallery statue before things started to go down hill.

Reaction score
Well, I got this one a few days ago. It came with a bent rifle barrel and sloppy paint job on the brow trim of the helmet. I was able to bend the barrel of the rifle back into place without breaking it, but the horrible paint job on the helmet is still there and it is really getting to me. Every time I look at the bust I ask myself: "Who the heck painted this thing?" I could try replacing it through DST, but I'm concerned the replacement could be even worse due to issues with bent rifle barrels apparently being quite common, as well as broken rifle straps. I'll see what I do.

Here are pictures of the sample I received, and I'll be adding it as well to the first page of this thread to keep the pictures with all the others from my McQuarrie collectibles ...

Last edited: