LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

Hey Julian,

You getting the Legacy RR Prune Face maquette? Only 24 of the 83 left at time of writing.

Ben

Thanks, Ben. Yes, I'm out of town in Saint Augustine with the family for the Nights of Lights festivities, but I ordered it with my phone yesterday noon while on the city's trolley sightseeing. My first bumpy preorder. :)

* I preordered the one with the signature plaque, not the one with the sketch and signature. That bigger plaque, while really cool, would have been too tall for my shelf set up.

There was a change made for the peorders with the Sandcrawler up for preorder next month. New calendar here:

1704879776033.png
1704880027311.png

Last edited:
Glad you got your order in and hope you are having fun in Saint Augustine!
Thanks, Ben. Did you order one as well? Saint Augustine yesterday was fine until mid afternoon when it started to rain horribly and we were under a tornado watch for a few hours. On Saint George Street stores closed their doors for the day. Just 15 minutes away from us a tornado did touch down and destroyed a few houses. It rain all day until 10 at night. So, I drove south for two hours to eat at T-Rex in Disney Springs, then drove back up to Saint A. for another two hours. The drive was long, but the stuffed raviolis with mushrooms, garlic shrimp and the Heineken were good. :) Typical Florida weather and typical Julian craziness. :)

Thanks, Ben. Did you order one as well? Saint Augustine yesterday was fine until mid afternoon when it started to rain horribly and we were under a tornado watch for a few hours. On Saint George Street stores closed their doors for the day. Just 15 minutes away from us a tornado did touch down and destroyed a few houses. It rain all day until 10 at night. So, I drove south for two hours to eat at T-Rex in Disney Springs, then drove back up to Saint A. for another two hours. The drive was long, but the stuffed raviolis with mushrooms, garlic shrimp and the Heineken were good. :) Typical Florida weather and typical Julian craziness. :)
No, concept aliens from rotj are a little outside my focus but the maquette does look awesome.

Glad you had a good meal and didn't get blown away. We had a lot of rain and wind here and schools and some businesses closed but fortunately we had no property damage of any sort.

I just had to paste this here in my own thread for the record. As a man, and as a fan of the Star Wars movies we all love and praise since 1977, I've never read such controversial comment before, but as times change and society seems to get pushed more into degrading masculinity and more into psychological emasculation, well, I guess such comments could be expected. Again, I'm not looking for controversy because, unlike many people nowadays, I live and let live without the need to cancel anyone's lifestyle out to implement my own as the ruling one. I've respected women all my life starting with my own mother and my wife of 32 years. I do not need to be schooled through pop culture on how equal women are to men, sometimes even telling men how much better they are than men. The fact is (in my view of course), you do not end discrimination by discriminating on others, by putting others down. Using this franchise as a venue for feminist views is something I do not agree with. The friends I've made through my 60 years of existence, the folks I've dealt with (men) have never felt superior to a woman; my father never did nor any male member of my family either. Although there are indeed men out there that do think less of a woman, it does not mean we all do, it does not mean we all deserve to be "punished" for what a few idiots do. Make your own movies and TV shows to teach equality between the genders, but stop using established entertainment to shove into focus what you think. Stop trying to re-write what's been written and the great acceptance Star Wars has received since the very beginning. No one has been offended or relegated. Doing so only drives a good number of the fan base away, creates division and kills, in more than one way, the interest of others. The Star Wars franchise should carry no agenda other than to entertain with simple structures of good vs evil in a galaxy far away from us. It is a fantasy film which does not need to be used as a memo on the advocacy of women's rights. While I greatly respect this lady's opinion, value and respect the intelligence and capability of a woman to be successful, when I go to see Star Wars I go to see Star Wars, not the feminist movement at play. I don't care whether this director will be the first female Star Wars director, nor whether they choose a green Martian to direct it. I want quality, great acting and entertaining story telling without distinctions. I don't credit nor judge people on gender, gender preferences, nationality nor skin color. I do not look at people and accept them by their exterior shell. Just like one of my intellectual and spiritual icons once said: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." While the upcoming Star Wars director may have no ill intentions toward men, it sure feels like she is talking from the side of her mouth and deceiving more than one male person.

The director's comments:

“I enjoy making men uncomfortable”: Rey Skywalker Star Wars Movie Director Lands In Hot Waters Over Past Interview After Hinting Female-Led Franchise​

Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy's controversial statement worried fans for her upcoming 'Star Wars' film. Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy will be directing a new Star Wars installment, but fans are quite wary of her statement from a previous interview about female-led movies. Did she really want to make men feel uncomfortable in Daisy Ridley’s upcoming project?

I like to make men uncomfortable. I enjoy making men uncomfortable. It is important to be able to look into the eyes of a man and say, I am here, and recognize that, and recognize that I am working to bring something that makes you uncomfortable, and it should make you uncomfortable because you need to change your attitude.”

And it’s only when you’re uncomfortable, when you’re shifty, when you have to have difficult conversations, that you will perhaps look at yourself in the mirror and not like the reflection, and then say, maybe there is something wrong with the way I think. Or maybe, there is something wrong with the way I am addressing this issue.”

You know, I’m very thrilled about the project because I think what we are about to create is something very special. And, we’re in 2024, and I think it’s about time that we had a woman come forward to shape the story in a galaxy far, far away.”

Last edited:
I agree Julian!! Ever since Disney bout SW and KK took over there has been a clear agenda. For me, it started with The Last Jedi. It has now overtaken Marvel and other film franchises outside of Disney. Pixar just had mass layoffs due to "woke" movies. Other films have seen declines following the same premise. I saw Godzilla Minus One and that film was phenomenal. Sad that a movie about a giant lizard made in Japan for $15M is way better than anything Hollywood has produced in years.
This issue goes farther than Disney. It stems from Blackrock Investments. Google and you will see why. I have been following this for years. Written papers on it. The good news is that ESG and DIE is finally going away by corporate America. They lost way too much money on t. No one is buying it except Hollywood. It seems to be doubling down on it. They will lose a billion this year according to reports. Maybe more. They only way we have to fight back is with our wallets.

Several links on DIE backlash

I just had to paste this here in my own thread for the record. As a man, and as a fan of the Star Wars movies we all love and praise since 1977, I've never read such controversial comment before, but as times change and society seems to get pushed more into degrading masculinity and more into psychological emasculation, well, I guess such comments could be expected. Again, I'm not looking for controversy because, unlike many people nowadays, I live and let live without the need to cancel anyone's lifestyle out to implement my own as the ruling one. I've respected women all my life starting with my own mother and my wife of 32 years. I do not need to be schooled through pop culture on how equal women are to men, sometimes even telling men how much better they are than men. The fact is (in my view of course), you do not end discrimination by discriminating on others, by putting others down. Using this franchise as a venue for feminist views is something I do not agree with. The friends I've made through my 60 years of existence, the folks I've dealt with (men) have never felt superior to a woman; my father never did nor any male member of my family either. Although there are indeed men out there that do think less of a woman, it does not mean we all do, it does not mean we all deserve to be "punished" for what a few idiots do. Make your own movies and TV shows to teach equality between the genders, but stop using established entertainment to shove into focus what you think. Stop trying to re-write what's been written and the great acceptance Star Wars has received since the very beginning. No one has been offended or relegated. Doing so only drives a good number of the fan base away, creates division and kills, in more than one way, the interest of others. The Star Wars franchise should carry no agenda other than to entertain with simple structures of good vs evil in a galaxy far away from us. It is a fantasy film which does not need to be used as a memo on the advocacy of women's rights. While I greatly respect this lady's opinion, value and respect the intelligence and capability of a woman to be successful, when I go to see Star Wars I go to see Star Wars, not the feminist movement at play. I don't care whether this director will be the first female Star Wars director, nor whether they choose a green Martian to direct it. I want quality, great acting and entertaining story telling without distinctions. I don't credit nor judge people on gender, gender preferences, nationality nor skin color. I do not look at people and accept them by their exterior shell. Just like one of my intellectual and spiritual icons once said: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." While the upcoming Star Wars director may have no ill intentions toward men, it sure feels like she is talking from the side of her mouth and deceiving more than one male person.

The director's comments:

“I enjoy making men uncomfortable”: Rey Skywalker Star Wars Movie Director Lands In Hot Waters Over Past Interview After Hinting Female-Led Franchise​

Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy's controversial statement worried fans for her upcoming 'Star Wars' film. Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy will be directing a new Star Wars installment, but fans are quite wary of her statement from a previous interview about female-led movies. Did she really want to make men feel uncomfortable in Daisy Ridley’s upcoming project?

I like to make men uncomfortable. I enjoy making men uncomfortable. It is important to be able to look into the eyes of a man and say, I am here, and recognize that, and recognize that I am working to bring something that makes you uncomfortable, and it should make you uncomfortable because you need to change your attitude.”

And it’s only when you’re uncomfortable, when you’re shifty, when you have to have difficult conversations, that you will perhaps look at yourself in the mirror and not like the reflection, and then say, maybe there is something wrong with the way I think. Or maybe, there is something wrong with the way I am addressing this issue.”

You know, I’m very thrilled about the project because I think what we are about to create is something very special. And, we’re in 2024, and I think it’s about time that we had a woman come forward to shape the story in a galaxy far, far away.”
I don't need much pushing to be turned off to Star Wars at this point. This will do. Wil not see this movie ever. Sorry Disney

Why is it, that Kathleen Kennedy is destroying every franchise we used to love? The image of the "little sister" who had to bring her "big brother" coffee, when he played with his favorite toys, comes to mind. Now, her "big brother" made the mistake, to entrust her with his "beloved toys", and since she's "in charge" now, she can finally turn the "toys" into things she (and her girlfriends) like... It's that image which constantly comes to my mind, when reading about the new "Star Wars "- projects, and after seeing what has happened to "Indiana Jones". In "Dial of Destiny ", we had to deal with this "know it all" character, played by Phoebe Waller Bridge, while Indy had, more or less, a cameo in his own movie! I don't have to tell you "Dial" was a disappointing experience to me.

And now, we get Rey Palpatine (sorry, she's not a Skywalker, and will never be), coming back, rebuilding the Jedi-order, under the direction of a woman that wants to express "activism" in every movie, she's made so far. Now, there's nothing wrong with that at all, but just don't do it in a "Star Wars" movie! These are pure entertainment, for men, as well as for women, and it would have been great, if they had kept it that way, without any hidden agenda...

But, unfortunately, Kathleen Kennedy has an agenda, and that "goody two shoes" company, Disney, also has. And Kathleen Kennedy's agenda clearly is, to destroy George Lucas's "Star Wars", and other franchises, and recreate these, into her own twisted visions, greenlit by the "House of the Mouse". Well, she's obviously never paid much attention, when it comes to that ridiculous statement of hers, stating "the Force is female"... The force is an energy field, created between all living things (so, men, women, gender neutrals, colored or non- colored people...) . It surrounds us, combines us (and doesn't divide us, like KK's and Sharmeen Chinoy's twisted version is already doing, even before one millimeter of the new film has been shot!) ..." as a wise old Jedi Master once said.

The facts that Marcia Lucas won an academy award for editing the first "Star Wars"- film, Leigh Brackett wrote the first draft of the script for "Empire", which she finished in cooperation with Lawrence Kasdan, because of her illness and death, are just two examples of women, who helped making "Star Wars" to become, what it is. So, maybe Sharmeen Chinoy should have done some homework, before stating the new "Rey"-film will be anything you haven't seen before, and that it's about time, for a woman to helm "Star Wars", and reshape it. As my former two points stated, women have been active in the creation process before...

Will I go, and see the next installment about Rey Palpatine, rebuilding the Jedi-order, which will probably consists of more female than male Jedi? I'm heavily doubting, I will, after the experience I had with the latest "Indiana Jones" installment.. I love "Star Wars", since I saw the first movie on the big screen. But that's George's "Star Wars". And the more, I see these great movies being tarnished by Disney "Star Wars" (read Kathleen Kennedy's agenda), the more repellent I get, to watch these new installments.

Last edited:

While I agree with the majority of your thoughts, to be fair, and from what I understand, the quotes above are from separate interviews. The whole "making men uncomfortable" quote was regarding her documentary Saving Face. It was about women that were scared from acid attacks by Pakistani men.

In context, it makes sense to me why she'd want to make men (who harm women) uncomfortable. Out of context, it's a great way to get clicks and stir an already spoiled stew.

Do I believe KK has an agenda? Do I believe hiring someone that has no fantasy/big budget/major movie experience as a director seems like an agenda hire? Do I believe that this movie, if ever actually made will be a flop? Do I believe that I will never watch another Disney Star Warsy movie again (truth be told, I hated TFA after watching the first 5min and haven't watched another Disney SW movie since TLJ). Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

However, I do also believe it's important to understand the whole story and that we should be leary of bite sized snapshots designed to rile us up.

To the OP, this is no way a knock at you. I believe, you simply saw the sensational headline or quote on your social media feed and it made you POd, like it did to me when I heard about it.

Rest easy knowing that there will still probably be a ton of reasons to hate her movie. I mean it's about Mary Ray Sue. Who wants more of that malarkey?

Personally, I do feel that a person that speaks in such generalized way about men, no matter whether her quoted comments were all said at once or at different times, carries within an activist agenda against men and should not be directing these movies. The controversy surrounding Obaid-Chinoy stems from comments she made during a 2015 interview at the Women in the World Summit in New York City. In this interview, she stated, "I like to make men uncomfortable. I enjoy making men uncomfortable." Directing for these movies should be conducted by someone focused on entertainment, period. There is nothing that needs to be changed about Star Wars other than maybe the medal of Yavin that was never given to Chewbacca. I sincerely do not care how this person feels about men nor I need to see that sentiment transferred into the film. That should not be a way to approach a project that's been around for almost 50 years and which those that follow it do so because of the way it was originally made. If this issue about women and how SOME men behave is that important to her that she feels the need of changing the essence of Star wars from what it is, why not then make films about misbehaving men (which by the way there are already plenty of them) where they can exploit their feelings. Stop using IJ, Marvel and Star Wars to do this. While they may get some people interested in it, they are also pushing away many fans, and we've seen that with the Sequels not being the cup of tea for many they expected it to be, while the OT has remained strong. I believe some folks into the entertainment businesses are not into it to actually entertain but instead are looking to use these popular films as tools to carry on with their social and political agendas. Again, it does not matter whether the quotes listed were said in one single speech or several. They all express a sentiment to punish men, to school them in general, for what a few of them have done. In that same context, there are plenty of women out there that have abused men in more than one way, but no one dares to talk about because the powers that be have created the fear that if we say what we think we'll be the tagged as having some sort of phobia or being an extremist of some sort. Imagine the criticism if the shoe was on the other foot and a male director would be boldly saying, "I make movies to make women feel uncomfortable". So how about bringing Hollywood back to the fantastic industry it once was, and leaving any personal issues aside. Perhaps by doing so that could get diminishing audiences back into cinemas and creating better television shows. People are tired of seeing much of what gets made these days as platforms for social, racial and political agendas. She did say this directly about the film in question:

You know, I’m very thrilled about the project because I think what we are about to create is something very special. And, we’re in 2024, and I think it’s about time that we had a woman come forward to shape the story in a galaxy far, far away"

KK and this director both, come out from the same mold, and it is a mold that seeks to push against most of what Lucas created, to make older fans feel outdated, and to carry with their comments and actions social and political agendas while cancelling out anything or anyone that does not become part of what they believe in. They are not making things for everyone but only for those that think and act like they do and changing pop culture while at it. Imagine hiring a director who is directly antagonistic towards more than 50% of your potential audience.Turning Marvel and Star Wars into girl brands, brands that are made of predominantly male audiences, will prove to be one of the costliest decisions in entertainment history and it is starting to happen with The Marvels. Why Disney would double and triple down on baiting fans given the state of the franchise is baffling. Imagine working for a company that is all about appealing to EVERYONE possible, and then keeping the job while excluding/demonizing half or more of your potential audience. Brilliant! So they're essentially alienating a considerable chunk of the core SW audience (whatever's left of it anyway) even before this thing starts filming, and they're probably going to go ballistic at the audience for being istophobes when this movie turns into a dumpster fire Funny as some are claiming misandrist Obaid-Chinoy to be the first woman to ever contribute significantly to a Star Wars film? That credit would have to go to the editor of the first three films Marcia Lou Lucas. Keep in mind George Lucas created one of the most iconic female characters in all of fiction, Princess Leia. She didn’t become that because she made men uncomfortable. She became iconic because ALL fans could root for her. I don't give a damn what color your skin is or what sex you are, I just care about entertainment. Unfortunately in modern times entertainment has gone to the wayside in favor of THE MESSAGE and we're all suffering for it. Remember the good old days when directors wanted to just tell a good story and make a great film….. I miss those days.

Last edited:
@Force Strong, Chinoy may very well be a man hater in every asspect of her being for all I know, but context still does mater.

While she is an admitted activist, mashing up two different discussions is intellectually dishonest and purposefully done to get clicks.

I'm sure she won't be able to control herself and agendas will be rampant in her movie...if it gets made. Heck, Disney may even require her to carry on their message.

I can only guarantee I will never watch it. Just like all the other garbage Disney puts out. I'm just glad others see it's garbage too.

@Force Strong, ...

While she is an admitted activist, mashing up two different discussions is intellectually dishonest and purposefully done to get clicks.

Hello BoboFatt, it appears in your interaction with Force Strong you might have made reference to my initial post about this female director by writing what was posted as a "mash up purposely done to get clicks", and that is a false accusation which I do not appreciate. If I read what you wrote the wrong way, then ignore what I'm about to write, but I found it to be necessary to bring it up for clarification:

I do not look for "clicks". I don't care about them. I'm old enough not to play games and old enough to know exactly where I stand when I put something down in writing. Folks that know me for years here and everywhere I've been a part of the collector community since 1995 know that I'm someone with integrity that allows for all opinions to be heard despite I might not agree with all of them all the time. I have friends here that I'm sure do not agree with what was posted by me or others, but they have stayed away from the discussion, nor have they felt the need to accuse anyone of looking for clicks. What I cited were quotes/comments made by this director from different articles I found throughout different reads, and which I put together to show where the director stands with her "men-got-to-suffer" agenda, and her intentions towards the Star Wars brand. While you or anyone else are certainly entitled to your own opinion, to me 3+ 2 = 5 no matter the order of the addends, no matter where the numbers come from. Your opinion was appreciated when you made your first comment, but if this last one was directed at me in an accusatory way thinking I'm looking for clicks, I find it to be a defamation of my character.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Folks, thank you all for your opinions. I'd like to turn this thread back to its collecting focus if that's O.K with you. Thank you for your enthusiasm to express your opinions. :)

Last edited:
Hello BoboFatt, it appears in your interaction with Force Strong you might have made reference to my initial post about this female director by writing what was posted as a "mash up purposely done to get clicks", and that is a false accusation which I do not appreciate. If I read what you wrote the wrong way, then ignore what I'm about to write, but I found it to be necessary to bring it up for clarification:

I do not look for "clicks". I don't care about them. I'm old enough not to play games and old enough to know exactly where I stand when I put something down in writing. Folks that know me for years here and everywhere I've been a part of the collector community since 1995 know that I'm someone with integrity that allows for all opinions to be heard despite I might not agree with all of them all the time. I have friends here that I'm sure do not agree with what was posted by me or others, but they have stayed away from the discussion, nor have they felt the need to accuse anyone of looking for clicks. What I cited were quotes/comments made by this director from different articles I found throughout different reads, and which I put together to show where the director stands with her "men-got-to-suffer" agenda, and her intentions towards the Star Wars brand. While you or anyone else are certainly entitled to your own opinion, to me 3+ 2 = 5 no matter the order of the addends, no matter where the numbers come from. Your opinion was appreciated when you made your first comment, but if this last one was directed at me in an accusatory way thinking I'm looking for clicks, I find it to be a defamation of my character.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Folks, thank you all for your opinions. I'd like to turn this thread back to its collecting focus if that's O.K with you. Thank you for your enthusiasm to express your opinions. :)
I'm glad to say you did read that the wrong way or maybe more appropriately, I didnt communicate well.

I have seen a number of internet "news" headlines that put those separate interview quotes together. Those outlets were who I was referring to that are looking for clicks and being dishonest. Not you on you limelight thread. 😊

I agree, let's get back to talking about what we all love - Star Wars and collecting.

With that in mind, like I've said before, you have a great collection. Your photos are amazing and really show case your talent and wonderful pieces.

My favorite piece of your current is the Death Star tile mural. It's a unique way to look at that iconic space station surface.

Cheers!

I'm glad to say you did read that the wrong way or maybe more appropriately, I didnt communicate well.

I have seen a number of internet "news" headlines that put those separate interview quotes together. Those outlets were who I was referring to that are looking for clicks and being dishonest. Not you on you limelight thread. 😊

I agree, let's get back to talking about what we all love - Star Wars and collecting.

With that in mind, like I've said before, you have a great collection. Your photos are amazing and really show case your talent and wonderful pieces.

My favorite piece of your current is the Death Star tile mural. It's a unique way to look at that iconic space station surface.

Cheers!

Thanks for the clarification on that. It is sincerely appreciated and thanks as well for the praise on my collection and photo work. I also feel quite inclined to praise your fabulous collection. I love all the MR sabers you have and overall, the one piece that escaped from me: the Boba Fett blaster. As far as my Death Star mural, I got all the tiles made by Portumac in Melbourne, here in Florida, and picked them up at his shop. It was later on a matter of finding the proper frame size to house all of them and a wood backing to arrange and glue each piece to it. Ariel Martinez did the plaque.

Last edited:
Alright, folks :) Back on track now with my most recent acquisition from Regal Robot, part of their Archive Collection for which I already have seven of these concept maquettes. Due to space issues I'm only collecting the smaller ones. This time around is the 4 1/2" maquette of a certain Dressellian who served the Alliance to restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War against the Galactic Empire. Originally called Prune Face and released as part of the Kenner vintage line of figures under the same name because of his look and very obscure presence, the character was also thought to be another member of Jabba's gang. It wasn't until the 1995 West End Games sourcebook Galaxy Guide 12: Aliens -Enemies and Allies, written by Pablo Hidalgo, that it was established Prune Faces were a race called Dressellians, and named the Kenner-produced character "Orrimaarko." His name is a tuckerism of Orrin Marko, a friend of Pablo Hidalgo. The book also made clear the character was a member of the Rebel Alliance and not a member of the Jabba's gang as most people thought it was.

Prune Faces can be briefly seen in the conference room in Return of the Jedi where the rebels ploy their attack on the Death Star, and during the Ewok Celebration at the end of the film, where one Dressellian is dancing in the background next to a fire. Two of them as well can be found in the background for the same Celebration scene in the Special Edition.

As far as the maquette itself, there's very little to say other than to praise Regal Robot again for making another fantastic replica of the original maquette, a replica that comes graciously accompanied by Prune Face's creator Tom St. Amand signed plaque. The usual picture review follows:

PRUNE FACE 000.jpg

PRUNE FACE 001.jpg

PRUNE FACE 002.jpg

PRUNE FACE 003.jpg

PRUNE FACE 003A.jpg

PRUNE FACE 004.jpg

PRUNE FACE 005.jpg

PRUNE FACE 006.jpg

PRUNE FACE 007.jpg

PRUNE FACE 009.jpg

PRUNE FACE 010.jpg

PRUNE FACE 011.jpg

PRUNE FACE 008.jpg

Last edited:
Prune likeness test...🤣
Another nice RR pickup for your display. 👍

Thanks, Ben! Yes, I never eat prunes but I found it necessary to go to the market and get a bag to give a humorous feel to the picture. I just hope RR doesn't come up with a Pons Limbic (Brainiac) maquette, otherwise I'll have to be looking around for a brain :) :)

Wow Julian,

Here's another great addition to your maquette collection! Pruneface looks terrific! I can imagine you're glad yo add him to your collection!🤩😍🤩

Thanks, Peter! Yes, I'm glad to add this little maquette to the collection. I'm always attracted to all these obscure characters and how they were originally envisioned.

Today I received the wooden stand/base for my Regal Robot Jabba the Hutt from the Archive Collection that I had pre ordered last year. The maquette was originally released by RR without a base because that is how it is in the Archives, however, in order to please collectors that wanted a certain uniformity with the rest of the maquettes, Tom offered a very small run of stands and I got one. I think it complements the rest of the maquettes and unifies it more. Here is a picture of my maquette collection from Regal Robot so far ...

RRArchiveCollection 001.jpg

Last edited:
Today I received the wooden stand/base for my Regal Robot Jabba the Hutt from the Archive Collection that I had pre ordered last year. The maquette was originally released by RR without a base because that is how it is in the Archives, however, in order to please collectors that wanted a certain uniformity with the rest of the maquettes, Tom offered a very small run of stands and I got one. I think it complements the rest of the maquettes and unifies it more. Here is a picture of my maquette collection from Regal Robot so far ...

View attachment 484343
The wooden base undeneath ithe Jabba maquette, makes it really a part of the collection, Julian! Love the overall look of these, put together!🤩

Thanks, guys. The problem now is getting another shelf for the next maquette which will be coming out next month. I have no more room on the shelf I have these one. The lack of room issue strikes again!

Close up on the Jabba with stand:

RRArchiveCollection 00 3.jpg

Last edited:
Your maquette collection looks pretty cool, Julian. Question, how come you did not get their Ree Yees one?

Thanks. I hesitated to get it I figured it would be available for a few days and the maquette looked too much like the screen version. Soon after I changed my mind and ...Puff!, it had sold out the same day it became available! :(

Hey since you have the MYC connection, thought I'd ask if you'd heard anything about Dreams Scale Model Collection. They have a Khetanna on pre-order that l think looks pretty good. https://www.dreams-scale-model.es/products-1?store-page=Star-Wars-Khetanna-p626165702

I haven't heard much about them other than the builder is located in Spain, his name is Sergio, and this will be a very limited run, the price being somewhere around $860.00 give or take plus shipping (from China), sometime in May-June. I agree it looks good, but I really do not know this builder enough to offer you positive or negative feedback. This is the model in question:

426672821_10232093910799795_7771282950236205841_n.jpg

Last edited:
Latest promo images I worked on for the awesome Sandcrawlers MYC is releasing:

• DIMENSIONS:
  • Crawler: 25 1/4" L x 8 1/2" W x 12" H
  • Tatooine Base: 27 1/4" L x 18.5" W x 1.5" x 17.5" H
  • Classic Base: 20.5" L x 11 3/4: W x 1.5" high
  • 18.25" wide x 22.25" deep x 11" high with base
  • LED light-up features
  • Rubber Tracks
  • Removable Track covers
  • Hand-painted with quality paint
  • Aluminum Name Plaque with stand
  • Magnet supports
  • Crawler digitally created by Alain Rivard
  • Bases digitally created by Michael Meissnest
  • ES TBD
  • Shipping Estimated in September 2024 from China
  • *ONE VERSION PER HOUSEHOLD FOR THE 1st hour while supply last
Pricess are as follow:

$1,195 for the Classic Base Version ( $295 NRD required )
$1,495 for the Tatooine Base Version ($495 NRD required)

Check out Option: Check out with a 7-month payment plan for only $170.71 per month for the Classic Base Version or only $213.57 for the Tatooine Base version! Can't decide which version you want? Get $150 off if you order the bundle!

Pre Order Time: Both versions will go up for pre-order this Saturday, February 17th in our online store on the website. Plenty more pictures and all the info can be found here: https://www.mycsculptures.com/crawler

*Sale limit: ONE CRAWLER OR BUNDLE PER HOUSEHOLD FOR 1st HOUR OF PRE ORDER

Sandcrawler Classic Base Version 0000.jpg

Sandcrawler Tattoine Version MYC 0000.jpg

Last edited:
Latest promo images I worked on for the awesome Sandcrawlers MYC is releasing:

Prices:
- $1,195 for the Classic Base Version
( $295 NRD required )
- $1,495 for the Tatooine Base Version ($495 NRD required)

Check out Option: Check out with a 7-month payment plan for only $170.71 per month for the Classic Base Version or only $213.57 for the Tatooine Base version! Can't decide which version you want? Get $150 off if you order the bundle!

Pre Order Time: Both Crawler versions will go up for Pre-Order SATURDAY, February 17th at 12:00 PM (noon) EST in MYC's online store.

*Sale limit: ONE CRAWLER OR BUNDLE PER HOUSEHOLD FOR 1st HOUR OF PRE ORDER

View attachment 485430

View attachment 485431
Great pics, as always, Julian! Really love the Sandcrawler, and it will make a wonderful display, when matched with the upcoming Jawa's-statue, I think! Love the Desert-option, as it will have a better connection with the statue. I will, however, stick with my first plan, and order the AT-AT driver, as soon as it becomes available.🙂

The wife and I had a chance yesterday to meet one iconic actor we have admired his career for years, a career that now spans seven decades! William Shatner AKA Captain Kirk, was part of Biohacker, a health convention dealing with unlocking peak human potential, the future of personalized health and longevity, a program of which Mr. Shatner has been an active member.

The convention being held just a 20 minute drive from our house at the Double Tree Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center, made it easy for us to get there and have the opportunity to see the actor in person. While he was heavily "guarded" by his handler not allowing for personal pictures, hand shakes nor fist bumps, it was nice nonetheless being able to interact with him just a couple of feet away from us. Shatner is now 92 years old and turning 93 on March 23. For his age, the man is quite vital and active, fast talking and articulate. In fact, he was at the convention giving a speech promoting the health program. At 92, he still writes, acts, and memorizes pages of dialogue. In 2021, he became the oldest person ever to fly into space, traveling as a passenger on Jeff Bezos’ spaceship, Blue Origin.

I brought with me a carded 3 3/4" retro figure from my now complete The Twilight Zone collection of carded figures for Mr. Shatner to sign. The actor played in two Episodes of The Twilight Zone: "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" where he plays the character of Bob Wilson, a man recovering from a nervous breakdown when he sees a horrifying creature on the wing of the plane he's flying in, and "Nick of Time" where newlyweds Don and Pat Carter enter a diner in a small town and have their fortunes told to them by an evil machine at their table.

Here is a picture of the carded figure he signed, which was also authenticated, and a picture of the actor, which he also signed, taken at the convention next to his Enterprise model ..

Shatner001.jpg

Shatner002.jpg

Last edited:
The wife and I had a chance yesterday to meet one iconic actor we have admired his career for years, a career that now spans seven decades! William Shatner AKA Captain Kirk, was part of Biohacker, a health convention dealing with unlocking peak human potential, the future of personalized health and longevity, a program of which Mr. Shatner has been an active member.

The convention being held just a 20 minute drive from our house at the Double Tree Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center, made it easy for us to get there and have the opportunity to see the actor in person. While he was heavily "guarded" by his handler not allowing for personal pictures, hand shakes nor fist bumps, it was nice nonetheless being able to interact with him just a couple of feet away from us. Shatner is now 92 years old and turning 93 on March 23. For his age, the man is quite vital and active, fast talking and articulate. In fact, he was at the convention giving a speech promoting the health program. At 92, he still writes, acts, and memorizes pages of dialogue. In 2021, he became the oldest person ever to fly into space, traveling as a passenger on Jeff Bezos’ spaceship, Blue Origin.

I brought with me a carded 3 3/4" retro figure from my now complete The Twilight Zone collection of carded figures for Mr. Shatner to sign. The actor played in two Episodes of The Twilight Zone: "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" where he plays the character of Bob Wilson, a man recovering from a nervous breakdown when he sees a horrifying creature on the wing of the plane he's flying in, and "Nick of Time" where newlyweds Don and Pat Carter enter a diner in a small town and have their fortunes told to them by an evil machine at their table.

Here is a picture of the carded figure he signed, which was also authenticated, and a picture of the actor, which he also signed, taken at the convention next to his Enterprise model ..

View attachment 486203

View attachment 486204
So great, you had the chance to meet Mr Shatner in person, and get him to sign your figure, Julian! To me, "Captain Kirk", will always be linked to my childhood, and to my Dad, who introduced me to watching "Star Trek", together with him, on our black and white television set, back then. Watching the adventures of "Captain Kirk" and "Mr Spock", was my first introduction to science fiction, and I'm still thankful my Dad got me to watch, and appreciate these "space stories".😉

So great, you had the chance to meet Mr Shatner in person, and get him to sign your figure, Julian! To me, "Captain Kirk", will always be linked to my childhood, and to my Dad, who introduced me to watching "Star Trek", together with him, on our black and white television set, back then. Watching the adventures of "Captain Kirk" and "Mr Spock", was my first introduction to science fiction, and I'm still thankful my Dad got me to watch, and appreciate these "space stories".😉

It's great when an actor or TV show help bring back to us memories of loved ones and the great times we spent with them. Simpler, more family oriented times.

Back