LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

Reaction score
Great pics as always!

That Christmas one is nice and would go well with ARTFX Battle of Endor

Thanks! Yeah, I agree. They both sport a whimsical design to them, evoking a general feeling of charm, even in that war scene attacking the AT-ST, which is joyful and pleasing to the eye..

Reaction score
Not into the catoony look, but this one looks good to display on Christmas. Do you mind sharing the cost? I know that Disney likes high prices like $3,000.00 a night for their Starship hotel experience that feels nothing like Star Wars. I just saw a drink ( Kaiburr Crystal) they are serving in one of their cruise ships that costs a whopping $5,000.00 and comes in a camtono safe. Funny for a company that claims to be so inclusive making stuff so out of reach for so many with such rip-off prices. I'll leave it at that.

Reaction score
It was $64.99 .... Yeah. I saw that drink and I was quite surprised by the price. Personally, I don't think I've drank $5000 worth of alcoholic beverages in my lifetime and back in my day I drank like a fish! :)

Reaction score
So here are two new introductions to my Star wars collection. One will be displayed in the collection room , the other one during Cristmas when the Holiday Season comes around....

- Concept Max Rebo Maquette #27/250
By Regal robot

View attachment 426591

View attachment 426592

View attachment 426593

View attachment 426594

View attachment 426595

View attachment 426596

View attachment 426597

View attachment 426598

View attachment 426599

View attachment 426600

View attachment 426601

View attachment 426602
Being on the other page I have just seen this cool maquette. Congrats!

Reaction score
* For record keeping: Updated the "Concept Works" area of the first post of the thread with the images of the RR Max Rebo maquette, a short history on Tippett's puppet, its operation, and the Kenner figure that gave the character some extra appendages.

Reaction score
1657336459083.png

One of my all time favorite TV shows has been The Sopranos. Much of the series was filmed around areas in my neighborhood in New Jersey which was nostalgic to me, plus the acting was superb. Among the many great actors was Tony Sirico and the hilarious interpretation of his "Paulie Walnuts". I've just found out Tony has passed away at the age of 79, and I'm sadden by the news. So here I like to take a pause from the everyday star wars focus and I'd like to say good-bye to this likeable actor and thank him for the great work he did through the years.

1657335625921.png

Born Gennaro Anthony Sirico Jr. on July 24, 1942 to an Italian family in New York City, Sirico spent much of his early life getting into trouble with the law, and has been associated with the real-life Colombo crime family. He was arrested 28 times — first as a 7-year-old after he stole nickels from a newsstand, before getting into acting. He went to prison twice, once after being charged for possessing an illegal weapon, and again for armed robbery.

“I was very unstable,” Sirico told the LA Times in 1990 about that time in his life. “I wasn’t thinking right. So I hooked up with these guys and all of a sudden I’m a stick-up artist. I stuck up every nightclub in New York.”

“I gotta admit I feel funny when somebody will spot me and ask for an autograph,” he continued. “I think it’s that old guilt. Maybe I feel like I don’t deserve the attention.”

He made his acting debut as an extra in the 1974 mobster drama “Crazy Joe” alongside Henry Winkler. That film preceded Sirico’s countless later roles as gangsters and criminals, from Martin Scorsese’s “Goodfellas” in 1990 to Woody Allen’s “Bullets Over Broadway” in 1994. Sirico appeared in a number of Allen’s films, including “Café Society” in 2016 and “Mighty Aphrodite” in 1995.

In 1989, Sirico appeared in the documentary “The Big Bang,” in which he discussed his criminal past and how it affected his philosophy on life. In 2013, he appeared in a few episodes of “Family Guy” as the voice of Vinny Griffin, the family dog. His most recent acting appearance was on two episodes of “American Dad” as a mobster named Enzo Perotti.

Sirico’s manager, Bob McGowan called him “a very loyal and great client” who “would always help people in need. He was member of the wounded warriors.”

In an Instagram post, Sirico’s “Sopranos” co-star Michael Imperioli wrote, “It pains me to say that my dear friend, colleague and partner in crime, the great TONY SIRICO has passed away today. Tony was like no one else: he was as tough, as loyal and as big hearted as anyone i’ve ever known. I was at his side through so much: through good times and bad. But mostly good. And we had a lot of laughs.

He continued, “We found a groove as Christopher and Paulie and I am proud to say I did a lot of my best and most fun work with my dear pal Tony. I will miss him forever. He is truly irreplaceable. I send love to his family, friends and his many many fans. He was beloved and will never be forgotten. Heartbroken today.”

On Facebook, Sirico’s family wrote that they are “deeply grateful for the many expressions of love, prayer and condolences and requests that the public respect its privacy in this time of bereavement.”

According to his family’s post, Sirico is survived by his two children, Joanne Sirico Bello and Richard Sirico, as well as grandchildren, siblings, nieces, nephews and other relatives.

May you rest in peace Mr. Sirico, and thank you for the great entertainment you provided

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thetwilightzone-logo.jpg
So while this is not Star Wars related, I'm adding to my collection a set of action figures from one of the most iconic television shows in history, the mighty creation of prolific Emmy Award-winner writer Rod Serling who served as host and wrote more than 80 of the original 150 episodes for the The Twilight Zone since its debut October 2, 1959, a mere 62 years ago. The mixture of science-fiction, comedy, horror and superstition has always been attractive to me, and while The X Files had plenty of that to attract my interest and continues to be my favorite TV show of all times, Rod Serling's original The Twilight Zone comes a close second.

The format of the show with Serling introducing each story was in many ways groundbreaking for television at the time.The stories were interesting, suspenseful, well written and directed and in many instances, unpredictable. Rarely could you see the ending of the show until the very last minute. There seemed to be a moral to every story. Usually, “Bad decisions incur bad results”, but it was handled very gently as not to give anything away. The Twilight Zone attracted great actors throughout its entire run and also found unknown actors with great talent who then became big stars. Among the many appearences were actors like Ron Howard, Charles Bronson, Telly Savalas, Leonard Nimoy, Elizabeth Montgomery, Carol Burnett, Buster Keaton, Don Rickels, Robert Redford, Dennis Hopper, William Shatner, Lee Marvin, Mickey Rooney and many others.

Filmed in Black and White as there was no color television when it first started, however years later having the opportunity to go in color was rejected. The show purposely continued to be filmed in black and white to maintain its style because colorization was considered to be disruptive to the effect that you’re stopping one illusion and creating another. Like so, faithfully reproducing the show's look, I found a new set of Black and White 3.75" figures by Bif Bang Pow, a Californian company who has brought to plastic some of the most recognized characters from some of the show's most interesting episodes for the 3.75" scale, and so I had to get them. Using a retro style approach with the usual 5 points of articulation, sometimes less, the figures sport nice details and likeness and and are packed in sturdy cardbacks. To me these figures are a throw back to when television shows were more than just reality TV shows and a time when great writers, actors and directors would work together to entertain everyone without distintions. I will continue to look for more of these figures as future sets get released.

TTZ002.jpg

TTZ005.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you, guys. Apparently this same company had produced some early sets in 2015 with other characters from the series which I didn't know about. I tried looking for them but the only places to find them are Amazon and Ebay for prices I'm not willing to pay.

We do the same thing you mentioned, Ben. They usually have a The Twilight Zone marathon at the end of the year and get to watch some episodes I also bought the entire series on Blu-ray, which we watch once a year. :)

Reaction score
Thank you, guys. Apparently this same company had produced some early sets in 2015 with other characters from the series which I didn't know about. I tried looking for them but the only places to find them are Amazon and Ebay for prices I'm not willing to pay.

We do the same thing you mentioned, Ben. They usually have a The Twilight Zone marathon at the end of the year and get to watch some episodes I also bought the entire series on Blu-ray, which we watch once a year. :)
Where did you pick these up from? I have the original Invader figures (my favorite episode) but must have missed they were releasing another version this year.

Reaction score
And now this :) ....
Where did you pick these up from? I have the original Invader figures (my favorite episode) but must have missed they were releasing another version this year.

I found these up against the display wall that has all the Funko figures at Target. I found just three figures first at the one store I was at , but noticed there were more by looking at the back of the card. I asked if they had.the rest, they checked but that was all they had. I tried other stores using online checkers like Brickseek and Popfindr, but neither their DCPI nor UPC codes worked for them, and they are not listed on Target's website. So, I went to another store with the receipt, they scanned it and that's how I found the rest. I guess you have to find at least one of the figures first, buy it to have a sales receipt with you to try to locate the rest. Bif Bang Pow has no mention of this re-release and their site hasn't been updated in a while. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reaction score
And now this :) ....

I found these up against the display wall that has all the Funko figures at Target. I found just three figures first at the one store I was at , but noticed there were more by looking at the back of the card. I asked if they had.the rest, they checked but that was all they had. I tried other stores using online checkers like Brickseek and Popfindr, but neither their DCPI nor UPC codes worked for them, and they are not listed on Target's website. So, I went to another store with the receipt, they scanned it and that's how I found the rest. I guess you have to find at least one of the figures first, buy it to have a sales receipt with you to try to locate the rest. Bif Bang Pow has no mention of this re-release and their site hasn't been updated in a while. Good luck!
Thanks, I have been seeing them pop up on the auction sites and figured they must be somewhere in a brick and mortar store just was not sure which one. Targets here are a hot mess but at least I know where to look now, much appreciated!

Reaction score
I needed to vent, so if I'm offending anyone, you can skip the reading ...

As I sit here today, right now, looking at my 84 year old Dad on a hospital bed with COVID, a fractured pelvis, and under another dementia episode, and not knowing for certain if this is the end for him, my mind travels back to how things were when he was a young and strong man, looked after me, and kids where growing up in a world where we could run all day but knew what time we had to be home the minute my mother yelled "Dinner!", and we all sat at the dinner table. It's not that my parents didn't care we were out playing, they knew we were with our friends around our neighborhood. Any problem any parent would be there for us. It was a wonderful safe time. My Dad never laid a hand on me, never came home drunk or high, never beat on my Mom. He just worked his butt off to provide for the family, but somehow he always found time to give me advice and keep me on the right path when he saw me starting to go a bit off the rails. Us kids survived on water from a garden hose and it didn’t matter whose house it was connected to. We dug up holes in the dirt and buried action figures as treasures to be "discovered" weeks later, as guess trying to relive some TV program my Dad played in as an explorer. We had a good foundation, and parents were more secure in letting us go and play and use our imaginations, and learn that stupid can hurt!! I don't know what happened but somehow we've turned into a nation where we question every idea or thought we have, then we have to put it on "social media" and are shamed and judged for it too! Don't play the game. There was no internet, email, smartphones, or tablets. My friends and I would go down The Palisades, steep cliffs along the west side of the Hudson River in Jersey, holding on to small trees and branches to get to the river before any condos were built. I learned how to swim in the Hudson, dirty waters, and caught a possum for fun and brought it to my Mom who started screaming in fear while my Dad was laughing it up. We knew if someone was a boy or a girl and there was no confusion over which bathroom to use. The school principal not only knew our parents personally but had permission to discipline. My Dad said if you get in trouble at school, you’re gonna be in trouble when you get home. As kids we weren't allowed to start a fight but we’d be in trouble if we didn’t finish one. We were taught respect for elders, teachers and law enforcement, as I've done with my son. Many kids today are privileged and spoiled and are given no responsibilities. Take away their cell phones and make them go outside and play. We were raised with morals, ethics and respect. Dad taught me life isn't a bed of roses, and you have to work hard for what you want to get there, and family union is a must. He taught me to love this country, to value those that founded it, its heroes. He taught me to stand with a hand on the heart and pledged allegiance to the flag and stand up firm for the national anthem. When presidents were elected we were back in class the next day and didn’t need a "safe space" or counseling, because we knew in life you cannot not always have things your way. He taught me to respect the opinion of others as a member of a free thinking society whether I believed what they said or not.

I didn’t grow up perfect. I'm only human and have made mistakes, but I damn sure grew up right and I have my Dad and Mom to thank for it. I love you Dad. Seeing you in and out of reality on your hospital bed today breaks my heart, but it also helps me give great value to all you've done for me. Thank you and get well!

Last edited:
Reaction score
HI Julian,
So sorry to hear this. I know how tough is it to seeit and go through it. My father passed in 04. He was part of the Greatest Generation. He fought in the Pacific campaings. All the way to Japan. Was supposed to invade on his birthday but they dropped the bombs right before. I saw how strong he was. His whole life gettig up and working. Then at the end..cancer took him. He was not the strong man I was used to seeing. I miss him. It is not easy for their children to see. I try to remember the good times and think of him often. Thats what you have to keep in your heart and mind. Thats the only thing that is important. Something I told my children...a wise Chinses saying...EVERYTHING IS IN TRANSITION. His body and mind may not be what he once was, but he will forever live on in you. It is painful God I know it is. But it is a part of life. It sucks. But it is only a trasition. I hope some of this makes sense. Here if you need to talk.

Reaction score
Hi Julian,

I am sorry to read about your Dad's health condition at the moment, and I'm sure wishing him the best.

The story of your youth is quite similar to mine, although we grew up in different countries. As did your Dad, my Dad also worked his butt off in the factory to provide, while Mum tended to the house, and to my brother, sister and me. Yes, they answered to the classical rolemodel back then, never even heard of gender neutrality. Times where so much more simple. I used to play outside until it started to get dark, and you knew, if you weren't in before dark, you would be grounded for the rest of the week.

I guess, while looking at how complicated the world has become nowadays, how easily people are offended, we can count ourselves lucky, we have experienced these times. The carefree days, were Mum and Dad provided us with a safe , warm haven to grow up into. My Mum and Dad have passed away for about six years now, (my Dad suffered from dementia too in the end), and there are times I wish they were still around to offer me some advice from time to time... Wishing you and your Dad all the best Julian, will keep him in my thoughts.

Reaction score
Thank you my friends for your words of support and having taken the time and consideration to write them. You guys know you are like family to me here throughout the years and it does comfort me in this difficult time to hear from you.

The situation with Dad has improved a little. He has overcome the virus, has been moved to a nursing and rehabilitation center to be treated for his pelvis fracture. This will take months while he gets therapy. Nothing can be done about his dementia as we all know there is no cure for it. Hard for me to see my Dad who used to be and actor for TV in Spain, Sergiu and others have seen the pictures, a man that used to memorize scripts ten pages long from one day to the next, having sometimes no knowledge of what's going on around him. He's lost a lot of weight as well. He was 6" tall, now curved down he is shorter than me and I'm 5' 7". But it is true that the process of dying is a continuation of life itself, a transition as you've mentioned, Joe. He was always very much into Chinese philosophy, and taught me a bit from it. Lin yutang was his favorite. Dad taught me every culture has value and has many things to learn from. He taught me to appreciate everyone for their character, not their nationality or skin color. And I want to keep those memories of him alive for they helped me to be the person I'm today. My mom and dad have been married for 59 years this this is being very hard on her, and being Italian and believing in family above everything has made her very sad. But hey, life goes on and the show must go on. I need to be strong for me, for my wife and my son.

Thanks again to you friends for your moral support. It does mean a lot to me.

Reaction score
Thank you my friends for your words of support and having taken the time and consideration to write them. You guys know you are like family to me here throughout the years and it does comfort me in this difficult time to hear from you.

The situation with Dad has improved a little. He has overcome the virus, has been moved to a nursing and rehabilitation center to be treated for his pelvis fracture. This will take months while he gets therapy. Nothing can be done about his dementia as we all know there is no cure for it. Hard for me to see my Dad who used to be and actor for TV in Spain, Sergiu and others have seen the pictures, a man that used to memorize scripts ten pages long from one day to the next, having sometimes no knowledge of what's going on around him. He's lost a lot of weight as well. He was 6" tall, now curved down he is shorter than me and I'm 5' 7". But it is true that the process of dying is a continuation of life itself, a transition as you've mentioned, Joe. He was always very much into Chinese philosophy, and taught me a bit from it. Lin yutang was his favorite. Dad taught me every culture has value and has many things to learn from. He taught me to appreciate everyone for their character, not their nationality or skin color. And I want to keep those memories of him alive for they helped me to be the person I'm today. My mom and dad have been married for 59 years this this is being very hard on her, and being Italian and believing in family above everything has made her very sad. But hey, life goes on and the show must go on. I need to be strong for me, for my wife and my son.

Thanks again to you friends for your moral support. It does mean a lot to me.
You're welcome Julian! Glad to know your Dad's health condition has improved a little! No, unfortunately there's no cure for dementia. But keep treating your Dad with all the respect he deserves, as I did my Dad, when he suffered from the same disease. Make the bright moments he has, count for him and you! My Dad luckily kept recognising me to the end, and although he didn't remember that much, he remembered the old days when I was a kid, and he used to work in the factory very clearly. So I talked a lot with him about these days, whenever I visited him, treating him with as much respect as I could. Giving him a feeling he still mattered a lot to me! If your Dad starts "living in the past", I know you too will treat him with all the respect he's earned himself, bringing you up to the man, you are today! Many blessings to him and you Julian! Your friends from the boards are there with you, to support you when necessary!

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your kind words and advice, Peter. We are visiting Dad every other day although the facility he is in is an hour drive away from us. We are trying to get him moved to another facility closer as the service where he is staying isn't the greatest. It is all a process, so much burocracy so it is taking time. He is a vegetarian and loves those "Impossible" burgers from Burger King which are plant based, so I always make sure to bring him one when we visit him. The smile on his face when he sees it fills our hearts with joy. He doesn't talk much anymore, but I talk to him, and I'm just glad he is still here with us.

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your kind words and advice, Peter. We are visiting Dad every other day although the facility he is in is an hour drive away from us. We are trying to get him moved to another facility closer as the service where he is staying isn't the greatest. It is all a process, so much burocracy so it is taking time. He is a vegetarian and loves those "Impossible" burgers from Burger King which are plant based, so I always make sure to bring him one when we visit him. The smile on his face when he sees it fills our hearts with joy. He doesn't talk much anymore, but I talk to him, and I'm just glad he is still here with us.
It's the little things you'll now learn to appreciate so much Julian, like that smile, which comes to his face, when you bring him his "impossible" burger. I really hope you'll be able to get your Dad moved to a more nearby facility, with better service, than he's getting now. We all want the best for our parents, as they deserve it. Hope it won't take to long now anymore.

Reaction score
Thank you to every one of you that either through your comments, PM's or likes have been kind enough to show your support. It means a lot to me and I will never forget it. Sadly Dad passed away yesterday. Mom does not know it yet so I'll have to break the news to her today and I'll need to have the strengh and serenity to comfort her and give her my support. I don't deny the fact I'm afraid of how she'll react to this. Sixty years of marriage is a long time and they were so close to each other. But life must go on and I know in my heart Dad is watching and giving us all the strength needed. I love you Dad ... until we see each other again. I have you in my heart.

Thanks, folks!

Reaction score
Dear Julian,

My sincere condolences to your Mum, you and the remaining members of your family. Your Dad will be missed, but by remembering all the good times you had with him, he will always be there with you.

Wishing you lots of strength to bring this sad news to your mother, and praying you'll, in some way, be able to comfort her.

Thinking of you and your family,

Peter

Reaction score
Julian,

I’m so sorry to hear news about the passing of your Dad. Losing a parent is a hard thing. Informing everyone else can be just as hard. Hold your mother and family close during this time and share your great memories with them.

Thinking of you and your family.

If you need to talk shoot me a DM.

Brad

Reaction score
My sincere condolences Julian, as we talked by PM, I know how close you were to your family and your dad. It is so sad when the loved ones depart, and we are going to miss them till our own end. :(

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss Julian
My thoughts and prayers with you and your family.
He is with you in your mind and heart. Just call to him.