LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

Reaction score
Thank you, my friend!

And a word of advice for anyone that might be reading this and planning on gathering at the table with folks and relatives that don't share your same political views: leave politics out of the conversation. Make it a friendly, sweet dinner not a bitter one. Politics tend to divide us, and this a day to be together as one. Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Lightsword, although a bit too late, Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas to you. I've been following your thread and I was wondering how the acrylic top for your MF is going. Has the guy finished it for you yet? I have an MF still in the box since I got it about 5 years ago trying to locate someone to make an acrylic top for it, and I'd be interested in finding out about your source to possibly have one made for me. Thanks.

Reaction score
Thank you, FS, and same to you.

Here's what's going on with the MF cover. It's been weeks since they took my order in and measures for the cover. They said it would be made in three weeks. At the end of that period, having not received any calls from them, I called their business and I was told the cover was not ready because the guy that makes them had just been treated for skin cancer, but that he was going to have it ready for the following week. That week went by and no communication from them. I called and they told me they had got into a car accident the night before, their car was totaled and they had some minor injuries BUT, that the cover would be made within three days. Three days went by, silence was all I got. I called back and they told me they were waiting to receive the acrylic (which contradicted what they had said before), but that it would be made on Monday and they would call me. Monday came and went and having not received any calls, I called them again and the phone rang and no one answered. I called them today and again, the phone rang and no answer. I did not put any money down so I have nothing to lose other than time. If they do not have it ready by the end of this week, I'll start to look for someone else. I know that issues could arise as life is unpredictable, but it seems too coincidental all of them are happening every time the acrylic top was supposed to have been ready.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Christmas is here, folks. And for those of us that choose to celebrate it, get into the spirit, and try putting aside the constant reminder about the virus, the unvaccinated, masks, crime, high prices or any other sad news we get bombarded with on a daily basis, and as a reminder for future reference of Christmas 2021, here is the Christmas song topping the charts this year, sang by Mike Rowe, the creator and host of the hit TV series "Dirty Jobs" and country singer John Rich with back up vocals by The Oak Ridge Boys: "Santa's Gotta Dirty Job" :)

... Also, I saw this video from Germany and I thought it was awesome :) ...

... But, I couln't leave behind my favorite Christmas song ...

I hope everyone is doing well!

Reaction score
I'm really liking this repruction of the Lucasfilm fountain by Kotobukiya and limited to 1138 pieces worldwide, never to be made again ...
Engineered in cold-cast porcelain this release expertly reproduces the original sculpt in a non-scale format perfect for a desktop or display shelf. Each collectible will be hand painted with a series of finishes to exacting specifications to recreate the original appearance of the fountain. Each statue will come with a unique serial number and a certificate of authenticity

1638943193902.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree. Their X-wing diorama, the McQuarrie Vader/Luke duel for instance, just to name a couple. I think I'll get this one to add to my Yoda shelf.

Reaction score
Maybe a little on the pricey side at $270 and only 8" but it sure looks nice!

So do you fill it with water and get some really small pennies to throw in? 😉

Reaction score
I'm really liking this repruction of the Lucasfilm fountain by Kotobukiya and limited to 1138 pieces worldwide, never to be made again ...
Engineered in cold-cast porcelain this release expertly reproduces the original sculpt in a non-scale format perfect for a desktop or display shelf. Each collectible will be hand painted with a series of finishes to exacting specifications to recreate the original appearance of the fountain. Each statue will come with a unique serial number and a certificate of authenticity

View attachment 407470

This looks very nice, might have to order this piece!

Reaction score
Maybe a little on the pricey side at $270 and only 8" but it sure looks nice!

So do you fill it with water and get some really small pennies to throw in? 😉

Haha! Its a non-functional fountain, but maybe someone can modify it and place a bowl under it for the water to fall in it? :) I don't know about the tiny pennies, though LOL. Maybe you can through in tiny grains of rice and see them expand ... ants? Yeah, it is pricey, but most things are these days. Take for instance the nice Grogu on hover pram statue by GG which regularly costs around $120.00 although being smaller than a mini bust. I feel the purchase of this Yoda statue depends on the buyer's desire to have it. I think what brings up the price is that the fountain, unlike the usual PVC product that Koto makes, is made of cold cast porcelain and a limited edition.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for the good wishes, Sith. And a very Merry Christmas to everyone that might be reading this. My wife and I got together in New Jersey with my family a couple of days ago. My son wanted to stay in Miami. I got a call yesterday from my son letting us know he was having a huge headache and stomach pain so he made an appointment to be tested for the F'ing virus and he's tested positive. We've just made it back to Miami to help him out and be near him throughout this crap that's happened to him. Interestingly he was fully vaccinated, so what's the use! ... Anyway, I don't want to turn my thread into a back and forth agument about vaccinations and the virus with anyone. I just wanted to point out our Christmas won't be a very merry one. I wish my son to get better the soonest; he was supposed to start going to the University in 15 days so hopefully things will work out for him.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone!
Julian I hope your son recovers quickly!!!
Your a good father for heading back to be with him.
The holiday is about family and you showed that. At least your are all together. Get past this and look forward to a new year. Hopefully a better one!

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your good wishes, folks. Yesterday night I had a huge headache and all my joints are hurting. My wife checked my temperature and I have a fever, so she drove me to a local Walgreens to be tested, and I tested positive. They told me to stay home, rest, take Advil or Tylenol and drink a lot of fluids. So, my son and I are staying in one room of the house and my wife just leaves food by the door and wears a mask. According to what I was told, provided our symptoms won't worsen, the symptoms could last up to two weeks. I tell you, the headaches are so severe we can't fall asleep and the stomach turns when we try to eat something. While they could not tell exactly what variant of the virus we have, it was hinted to be the omicron one, as we were all vaccinated. I won't be around these parts for a while, but I just wanted to thank you again for your good wishes and wish you all a very happy New Year. Take care of yourselves, folks. Hey, maybe next year Tessek will show up for Christmas. :)

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're sick. I was hoping to see my cousin for Christmas and he tested positive a few days before our get together. His wife and kids luckily tested negative. He's vaxed and said its felt like an allergy headache from hell.

Hope you and your son get over it soon.
Happy New Year!

Reaction score
Thanks again to all of you good folks for your get well wishes. I truly appreciate them all.(y)(y)(y)

Dealing with the virus hasn't been easy and I can only imagine how difficult it must have been and still is for others that've had it worse than us. The first week the headaches were pretty unbearable and I couldn't even fall asleep for the first four days. Add to that some deep muscle pain that would switch all the way from my toes to my legs to my back and arms; all joints were hurting. I also experienced a dry cough, a loss of appetite and the sense of taste being lost (everything still tastes like cardboard, not that I ever ate cardboard before but just a flavorless chew :) ). This was the same for my son. That being all said, we're feeling much better now. As prescribed by our doctor we've been taking Zinc, Vitamin C, Vitamin D-3, and a 5-day antibiotic called Azithromycin 250 MG. My wife ended up getting sick also, so all three of us have been dealing with this issue. The fact we had been vaccinated lessened the symtoms of the virus to a degree, as our doctor explained. The vaccine won't stop you from getting the virus, that is a misconception some folks have, but it acts as a deterrant to avoid being in hospital with truly death defying symptoms. Not the best end of the year for us nor the first week of the new year, but as everything in life, this has been another experience and another crisis it seems we have survived together as a family.

To all of you folks, take care of yourselves, take the vitamins I mentioned above as a preventive measure, and if at all possible look for N-95 masks. Avoid cloth masks as they truly don't protect. Not sure how testing is being conducted in your areas. Here, it has become quite difficult. You need to set an online appointment with your closest CVS or Walgreens pharmacy which could take a few days, or stand in a line of cars (taking up to eight hours or more) to be tested at specific testing sites that are working 24/7. We'll be tested again on Monday and see if we are totally virus-free then.

A very Happy New Year to all!

Reaction score
Glad to hear that you and the family on recovering. I have my booster shot scheduled for the end of the week. My doctor put me on Zinc and Vitamin C when all of this crap started. I was already taking Vitamin D. She told me to just continue to take it until she told me to stop.
Hope the tests today come back negative!

Reaction score
Glad to hear that you are recovering. I had exactly the same Christmas "gift" as yourself - Both myself and my wife tested positive on Christmas morning, but we both got off pretty lightly - I had a really sore throat and a cough, my wife had a cough but no sore throat (but she lost her sense of smell and taste) and thankfully, my daughter managed to not catch it at all...

We're both double vaccinated and had our boosters at the end of November, so thankfully that lessened the effects. I have no idea if it was the Omicron variant or not, as the NHS just informed us that we were positive.

Reaction score
Thank you for all your words and kindness. You're all awesome, folks!

We are all feeling fine now, other than still having very little sense of taste. My son made a full recovery, tested covid negative and has started his first semester at Florida International University, and as parents that brings us a lot of joy. My wife and I are still testing positive, which I can't seem to understand because we are not feeling sick. In any case, we've made an appointment to be tested again the soonest, that being 8 days from now.

KK, sorry to hear you and your wife got sick with the virus during Christmas, but I'm very glad to hear as well you folks came out of it so fast and with light symptoms. Even better was the fact your daughter remained covid-free. Hopefully this new year will be a better one for all of us!

Stay safe, folks. Once again, thank you for keeping in touch!

Reaction score
It's coming along fine, thanks for asking. However, I'm a little behind on displaying it first because of the experience with Covid we had, and now we are not staying in our house as it is going through some kitchen remodeling so it is dusty in there. I have the finished stand in the garage ( I textured it and painted it ) and I also found an acrylic fabricator close to my house that made the case cover for it. Actually, the fabricator made two covers for me. I helped a Scummer get the first cover as he was visiting Florida from another state, and I had a second one made which I already have at home. All I need to do when we get back to our house is set it all up. By the way if anyone needs a cover made for a MR Falcon, as I know it is difficult to get in some areas, the fabricator has the measurements for it and I can offer the contact info. Not sure how much shipping will be though. I picked up mine at his shop so it was less. Here are a couple of pictures:

DSCN8926.JPG
DSCN8929.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Stepping away from the daily conversations about collecting in this site, where we find refuge from the politicized society we live in these days, and as I've done before here in my thread, I can't help it but to send out my biggest support to the people of Ukraine and point out how corageously they are defending their freedom against the Russian invasion taking place, fighting an army twenty times the size of theirs without fear. Someone once said: "The only real prison in life is fear, and the only real freedom is freedom from fear". That stuck in my head years ago after realizing how many people throughout the course of history have valently fought to retain the inalienable right every human being has to be free in a soverign land, without the subjection to foreign domination or despotic government, no matter how big the enemy could be.

I'm a man of peace and understanding and I wish everyone would see it is much better to live in a world where we put aside our differences, concentrate on what unite us, and work together for a better planet and a brighter future for our kids and generations to come. Unfortunately there are people that still feel that in 2022, violence, hurting, dividing and killing just for the sake of power and control is the way to go. Those small minded individuals make the world in many intances an evil place. Putin in Russia, the Castro legacy in Cuba, Maduro in Venezuela, Xi in China, the Taliban in Afghanistan, Kim Jong-Un in North Korea and a good number of politicians use silencing and the approval of violence as a way of retaining control. It seems at times the human race is moving backwards while the rest of the animal kingdom advances. As a parent, seeing the way the world behaves today, I feel challenged by the thoughts of a world where my own son won't get to live as long as I have because some idiot, somewhere, decided to push the button to send out the first nuclear missile thus creating a world war of such magnitude most living things would be decimated. There's nothing civil about war. It is brutal, it is destructive, it is bloody and many inocent souls die. Unfortunately sometimes, to tame a wolf, you must become one yourself, and the Ukranian people are an example of such. I only hope we can get to live in a more peaceful world one day. Let freedom ring!

1646065102611.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
These people in Ukraine show what real patriotism is! I support them 100% They show us what the price of freedom is. If I could I'd go help them fight.