LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

Reaction score
There's a return policy if there's nothing wrong with the item you've received and you just want to return it because you don't like it. If the item is damaged as mine was with a pointy finger rattling in the tray, they no longer ask you to cut off the head and send it to them. Instead they ask you to destroy the piece beyond repair, and send them pictures. Once they've seen them, they will issue a replacement shipped to you at their cost. So now I'll wait and see if the next one I receive has spent less time baking in the oven or if, on the contrary, he's extra crispy. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
The painters would hate me. I'd get a sample and send it back and refuse to pay until it's done right.
Well, isn't that what QC is all about? Just saying. I rather be hated and be right, than be loved and wrong. Although, some may argue Wright and Wrong are subjective to one person's feelings. :oops:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Extremely nice collection you have there.
I need 2 of these door knockers for my display now ^^
Unfortunately they are sold out :/
Chris

Reaction score
Extremely nice collection you have there.
I need 2 of these door knockers for my display now ^^
Unfortunately they are sold out :/
Chris
Thanks, Chris.! The two big Gargoyles I got from Tom, were actually samples of what later on became towel rings. The difference is that mine are a little smaller. The small magnetic Gargoyles I ordered them when he made them available, but they went by real fast. I had no idea he had sold out of the door knockers, which shows the interest for Jabba stuff out there. Good luck trying to locate those knockers. I'm looking forward to getting the concept Jabba maquette from him now to display with the concept mini busts and statues..

1604258927078.png

jabba-the-hutt-maquette-replica-prop-1 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've just found out my CZ-3 Droid head is now a fully screen accurate prop with lineage to a screen used prop. Chris AKA Zorg sold one of his head sculpts to a certain customer who then used it as a prop for Episode 1 Season 2 of The Mandalorian. Here you can see a Jawa holding the CZ-3 head ...

1604277077350.png

Reaction score
Thanks, Joe. Here I'm hoping the replacement Tarkin mini bust (which they haven't shipped yet), gets to me having much less of an orange tan and dark splotches, so it could be worth the while working on some pictures for it. I honestly doubt it but, let me not jump the gun and wait :) ..

Reaction score
Today's the day when the country decides which direction to go: Presidential Election Day. I wish everyone happy voting, peace and understanding. We should be celebrating the right we have as a Democratic nation to choose our leaders, and avoid civil unrest, as violence only leads to more violence. May your vote count no matter what political affiliation you have. We are all Americans.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Today's the day when the country decides which direction to go: Presidential Election Day. I wish everyone happy voting, peace and understanding. We should be celebrating the right we have as a Democratic nation to choose our leaders, and avoid civil unrest, as violence only leads to more violence. May your vote count no matter what political affiliation you have. We are all Americans.
It doesn't get any more exciting:eek:!

Reaction score
So, I received today my Tarkin replacement mini bust, and while it is not as dark as the first one, not too many dark paint splotches and nothing is broken, I still ended up with a mini bust that got over sprayed, skin color is off, hair color is off. So, would I recommend it over its first release? Heck , no! You won't be missing much is you don't get this one. Here are the pictures:

GENTLEGIANTTATOOINEMOFFTARKIN000.jpg

GENTLEGIANTTATOOINEMOFFTARKIN000A.jpg

GENTLEGIANTTATOOINEMOFFTARKIN001.jpg

GENTLEGIANTTATOOINEMOFFTARKIN002.jpg

GENTLEGIANTTATOOINEMOFFTARKIN002A.jpg

GENTLEGIANTTATOOINEMOFFTARKIN003.jpg

GENTLEGIANTTATOOINEMOFFTARKIN003A.jpg

GENTLEGIANTTATOOINEMOFFTARKIN003B.jpg

GENTLEGIANTTATOOINEMOFFTARKIN003C.jpg

Reaction score
And 2020 keeps on going full of surprises. Right now at the very end of the hurricane season we have ETA threatening the Florida keys and South Florida tonight. Awesome ...not!

Edit: False alarm! There goes the media again focusing on the negative and using scare tactics. Sometimes I think the do it in conjuction with grocery stores so people go crazy buying stuff to prepare for something that is never that big a deal. anyway. it's good news nothing happen. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dang! I've just watched the first two episodes of Season 2 of The Mandalorian and they were fantastic. Characters, monsters, action, all of it really captured my attention and I was pleased watching them. The first episode had a true Western film feel to me.🤘

Reaction score
Exactly, Joe. It's like they picked some of the best elements from each Trilogy, put them in a blender and gave us something worth watching. :)

Reaction score
Busy two months for me this time of year with work, so I haven't posted much lately. Anyway, I just wanted to say last week's Episode of The Mandalorian was kick *** :) It made me appreciate a lot more the Gaffi Stick I got from Tom Spina years ago. Now I look at it on my wall and realize what a lethal weapon it could be IF... properly handled. :)

Stay safe, folks!

Reaction score
Busy two months for me this time of year with work, so I haven't posted much lately. Anyway, I just wanted to say last week's Episode of The Mandalorian was kick *** :) It made me appreciate a lot more the Gaffi Stick I got from Tom Spina years ago. Now I look at it on my wall and realize what a lethal weapon it could be IF... properly handled. :)

Stay safe, folks!
Hey Julian, I hope all is well for you and your family in your neck of the woods! Was just curious on your Gaffi Stick from Tom, was this is a custom build or some kind of release that I missed from Regal Robot? Thanks!

Reaction score
Hey Kevin, nice to hear from you. I'm also hoping all is well with you and your family.

This was bought many years ago (2006) from Tom, before the creation of Regal Robot. Back in those days Tom Spina worked with a couple of other talented guys to create this Gaffi stick as close as possible to the hero version in A New Hope, using an original Totokia war stick from Fiji, considering that each Totokia was unique with variances. He used his own Totokia stick, coated the handle with sculpting material, rebuilt the pommel at the same time, and etched 1,500 little tear drops in the grip. He sent the modified Totokia to another person for casting, and offered a small run. The pineapple part was built by another person, I can't remember his name. While some people opted for a wooden end, I had mine weathered, made out of heavy metal, and sharpened at the tip, also from someone in the RPF. Tom did not sell the maze.

I did put it together myself and built the wall stand for it. It wasn't too time consuming, really and had it finished in one day. There's a minimal seam you needed to sand down, and you needed to attach the pineapple end also. I used a fiberglass resin to blend the pineapple with the shaft, making it all one solid piece and smoothed it out. Then painted it using just two tones of brown ( light and dark) to create the wood effect and highlight the studs on the pineapple and design on the shaft.

You might still be able to get one from Tom. Just try contacting him if you are interested. Try this link: Totokia Warclub

GENTLEGIANTTATOOINETUSKENGAFFI0001.jpg

GENTLEGIANTTATOOINETUSKENGAFFI0002.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Julian for sharing the above beautiful pics of your Gaffi Stick and the back story regarding your work with Tom. Always fascinating to learn about such great additions to everyone’s unique collection!!

Reaction score
You're welcome, Kevin. I appreciate your kind words. I agree with you as well. Every collection has something interesting to offer. They show our
preferences, as well as our creativity in the way we choose to display and the stories behind each collectible.

Last edited: