LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

Reaction score
Here are pictures in detail of the three life-size Droid heads I've gotten from Zorg. Very happy with his work and looking forward to obtaining that DSD in the future ...

2-1B (MEDICAL DROID) 1:1 DROID HEAD
By Zorg

DSCN9541E.jpg

DSCN9541A.jpg

DSCN9541D.jpg

DSCN9541C.jpg

DSCN9541B.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you very much, folks. I'm very happy with the Droids, indeed. Like you, my favorite is the Medical Droid. There are a couple of modifications to the lights and mic I'm going to do to it to make it even more accurate, but the casting of the head is great. Chris/Zorg is a true Scottish artist.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you , Ben. I know these are not everyone's cup of tea, but it is the obscurity of these characters that I like. Now if only someone would be making a BGJ38 Droid head, that'd be great to add to the set. :)

Reaction score
Cool! These droids again prove the creativity and imagination the ILM guys had back then, each and everyone is a very interesting and unique design.
Completely agree. The creativity of those designers, sculptors, etc., remains unsurpassed, even by today's technology. These were not CGI prospects, but actual hand made creations using the most common and ordinary parts found around, from toys to car parts, etc. The imagination was working at full throttle there. It's been 43 years since Star Wars, almost half a century, and it still remains as popular as ever despite all the new visual improvements. Comes to show just because something happens to be of a certain age it does not mean it should be brushed away, Mrs. Kennedy;) What's good will stand the taste of time, not just the hype of the moment.

Reaction score
Those are bad ass. Love the 2-1B.
Thanks, Brad. I had a feeling you'd like them since I know you like Droids. I'll have updated pictures on the 2-1B once I get the mic replaced for a real one and the clear neck needs to have a hazy look to be more movie accurate. It's a great kit you can leave as is or add more details to it, which is what I'll be doing . :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just got the original Shure 55SH microphone (The Elvis as some call it) yesterday. I took it apart and cleaned it. And what an issue that was. The four screws holding both sides of the mic together were rusted and the head grooves were wore out. I had to drill the heads out to get the sides apart. It all paid off quickly, and did not mess up the threaded screw holes. Now the most difficult part starts: making the switch from cast to the real deal and adding a remote control for the lights:

DSCN9847.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Julian,
This looks like a fun project. What didn't you like about the mic Zorg used? Or is it that you just preferred having a genuine part?
I wouldn't dare attempt something like this. Be careful! :)

Reaction score
Ben, I love what Zorg did with the kit. I mean, as far as the size of the head and details go, it is fantastic and accurate. I do like the way it looks right now with the cast mic, but I want to upgrade it, make it more accurate to the original prop by giving it the original Shure mic shell used for the movie, plus by doing so I'll also be able to see through the mic's grille, and add internal greeblies to it thus giving it a more realistic look, as they did in the movie. My only other upgrade would be to make the lights for the eyes come on and off with an RC unit rather than having to take the head off the stand to reach inside and make the feature work. Zorg also made a 2-1B in the colors of the one we saw in Rogue One (G2-1B7) belonging to Saw Guerrera , which I really like. I'm considering getting that one in the future. This one:

1601669181808.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, Chris. I appreciate your kind comment. I also think your collection is super cool. You own some great pieces and everything's nicely displayed.

Last edited: