LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

Reaction score
zzzLOGOL.jpg

Who were they? ... One thing is clear: They were the most mysterious and lethal scum in the Star Wars galaxy!

The brilliance of constructing an imaginary world for the original Star Wars trilogy is the equilibrium between letting audiences know everything they need to know about the characters, their environments, and the stories that surround them without actually exposing so much that there’s no room for audiences to want to know more about everything. And thus, every set piece engages audiences with a sense of wonder that is remarkably difficult to beat from a composing stance. No scene in the trilogy illustrated this more clearly than the introduction of the bounty hunters in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. Ever since their first official appearance there, the bounty hunters became a trademark of the infectious, brutal, spaghetti-western undertone that rushes through the legendary generic code of Star Wars.

It always amazes me just how short the bounty hunter scene is, just 45 seconds of it, in contrast to the lasting inheritance it gave to the film, but most importantly to pop culture itself. It created in those short 45 seconds a model within the Star Wars universe that moves the plot forward, and officially brings on to the big screen one of the all time greatest icons of the Saga, Boba Fett. It's a scene that traps all that's made that galaxy far way so attractive to audiences of all ages for the last 40 years. It is effectiveness at its best that transports information coupled with instant attraction to the mysterious characters. Those few seconds of screen time told us all we needed to know, while leaving us wanting for more, thanks to the intensity of character designs and the editing of a mere amount of quick shots.

The Empire was exceptional at working around laws, inventing new ones not grounded in the facts, in order to better serve their evil purposes. Hiring bounty hunters as official Imperial keepers of the peace to carry out morally degraded tasks truly defined their tyranny and dirty methods, The Bounty Hunters predisposition to follow through the brutal desires of those that employed them, made them perfectly suited pawns for the Empire. The Bounty Hunter profession was home to some of the most striking characters in the Star Wars universe, a mixture of ruthless and fearsome characters willing to collect the highest bounty in the most criminal ways. And as we all saw in ESB Vader, discouraged by his incompetent crew of Imperials to capture Han Solo and the gang of rebels in the Millennium Falcon on their flight from Hoth, summons six Bounty Hunters aboard the Executor to bring him the evasive vehicle.

"You are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!" - Vader tells directly to Boba Fett, as he gives orders to the roster of scum on display. The mystery lives on in that particular scene. The audience has no idea how the Bounty Hunters were contacted nor how they got there. But the writing made it fair to assume Vader had employed the services of Fett before having been so firm with him when he told him: "no disintegrations". Thus the audience is subtly let in on what Fett is capable of doing. It is in fact Boba Fett who is the only one from the group that's able to track the MF to Bespin in his now iconic Slave 1, the modified Firespray -31-class patrol and attack craft. But in all, it hasn't been just the lawless ways in which the Bounty Hunters behave what has made them attractive to audiences; it has to do in great part with their visual appearance, and their unique and compelling designs that instill a sense of history you want to find out about more and more, even today.

- 4-LOM MINI BUST: 801/2000 -
By Gentle Giant Studios

GENTLEGIANTJABBASBOUNTYHUNTERSFOURLOM0000.jpg

GENTLEGIANTJABBASBOUNTYHUNTERSFOURLOM0001.jpg

GENTLEGIANTJABBASBOUNTYHUNTERSFOURLOM0002.jpg

GENTLEGIANTJABBASBOUNTYHUNTERSFOURLOM0003.jpg

GENTLEGIANTJABBASBOUNTYHUNTERSFOURLOM0003A.jpg

GENTLEGIANTJABBASBOUNTYHUNTERSFOURLOM0004.jpg

GENTLEGIANTJABBASBOUNTYHUNTERSFOURLOM0005.jpg

GENTLEGIANTJABBASBOUNTYHUNTERSFOURLOM0006.jpg

GENTLEGIANTJABBASBOUNTYHUNTERSFOURLOM0007.jpg

Reaction score
- SLAVE 1 VEHICLE SIGNATURE EDITION: 111/500 -
By Code 3 Collectibles

GENTLEGIANTJABBASBOUNTYHUNTERSZSLAVEONE0001.jpg

GENTLEGIANTJABBASBOUNTYHUNTERSZSLAVEONE0002.jpg

GENTLEGIANTJABBASBOUNTYHUNTERSZSLAVEONE0002A.jpg

GENTLEGIANTJABBASBOUNTYHUNTERSZSLAVEONE0002B.jpg

GENTLEGIANTJABBASBOUNTYHUNTERSZSLAVEONE0003.jpg

GENTLEGIANTJABBASBOUNTYHUNTERSZSLAVEONE0003A.jpg

GENTLEGIANTJABBASBOUNTYHUNTERSZSLAVEONE0003B.jpg

GENTLEGIANTJABBASBOUNTYHUNTERSZSLAVEONE0003C.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Code 3 did such cool ships back then. Not all of them were perfect nor 100% accurate, but Vader's TIE, AT-ST and Slave 1 were their best, and they can easily hold by today's standards, especially with the removable panels and details

Reaction score
I agree. I have five out of the six they made because the Republic Gunship did not fit my focus. And despite the X-Wing lacks more vibrant colors and the Millennium Falcon was greatly improved by MR and eFX through the years, despite what anyone says, the fact both are all metal with removable panels and can be displayed in flying mode or landed, makes them quite nice for their size and I enjoy having them in my collection. In the future I'll be working on pictures of Code 3's X-Wing, MF, and Vader's TIE as I move along recording other parts of my collection. Code 3 should have never stopped making these. So many possibilities, so space-friendly and packed with so many details. Same as it was with the .45 scale helmets. Two great collectibles that were stopped being made, unfortunately.

Reaction score
The Code 3 Gunship ROCKED! I never got one. Should have. Not enough PT vehicles out there!

Reaction score
It is said that the next on the list for Code 3 vehicles was the AT-AT. That would have been a feast to the eyes with the possible interior details.

Reaction score
The Code 3 Gunship ROCKED! I never got one. Should have. Not enough PT vehicles out there!
It is a very nice ship. A little bit on the small side but yet a nice looking replica. It is actually the one ship that sells for the least from all the ones they produced. Anywhere sometimes between 250 to 350. The X-Wing, Slave 1 and AT-ST sell for the most. Also Vader's TIE sells for more if you want the one with the Death Star base. One I've been trying to get from Code 3 is the fire engine from Skywalker Ranch. It pops up for sale not too often.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It is said that the next on the list for Code 3 vehicles was the AT-AT. That would have been a feast to the eyes with the possible interior details.
That would have been awesome, Indeed! Imagine all the little panels to take out and reveal all the internals of the vehicle. Seems like Riddell with the TIE pilot helmet and Code 3 with the AT-AT ceased production when the best of their respective lines was about to be made. A shame.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I want to give a BIG thanks to Travis for these great Wonder Bread collectible cards he sent. A complete set of twenty seven cards. Beautiful reproduction of the originals, very sharp images on thick card stock. Very nostalgic and a nice throw back to 1977, when this craziness we are all in started. Love them! Thanks, Trav! :love:

WONDERBREAD000.jpg

WONDERBREAD001.jpg

WONDERBREAD001A.jpg

WONDERBREAD002.jpg

WONDERBREAD003.jpg

WONDERBREAD004.jpg

1591280067928.png

Reaction score
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words, Kevin. Here are the dimensions for the vehicle and the base. I never got a cover for it. Mine is inside a Detolf :

- Vehicle Dimensions: 13-inches long x 11 1/2-inches wide x 4 3/4-inches high
- Base Dimensions: 15.75" (L) x 14.25" (W) x 1.25" (H)

* When it first came out in 2004, it was $295.00 for the limited edition, and $499.99 for the signature edition. If you are looking for one, that should give you an idea of how much over its retail price the seller is asking.

I hope this helps.

Reaction score
I want to give a BIG thanks to Travis for these great Wonder Bread collectible cards he sent. A complete set of twenty seven cards. Beautiful reproduction of the originals, very sharp images on thick card stock. Very nostalgic and a nice throw back to 1977, when this craziness we are all in started. Love them! Thanks, Trav! :love:

View attachment 354337

View attachment 354338

View attachment 354339

View attachment 354340

View attachment 354341

View attachment 354343

View attachment 354344
You're welcome bud, glad you like them! They also are doing ones that were in Count Chocula cereal, and also did some mini cardbacks from SW and ESB. I have bought them all so far. Companies like this, Hasbro and Hot Toys "get it"...cater to your core base!

Reaction score
You guys have caught my attention with the gum cards, they are amazing!
I checked out the website shipping doesn’t favour well if you’re overseas, postage coming in at nearly 3 times the price of the product, 😬

Reaction score
I checked out the website shipping doesn’t favour well if you’re overseas, postage coming in at nearly 3 times the price of the product, 😬
Sorry to hear that, Paul. I don't even know where Travis got the Wonder Bread cards, thus I have no idea of their price. Whatever the cost, paying three times for shipping what it costs to buy them, I don't think it's worth it.

Reaction score
Man that sucks, because shipping here isn't that bad. Sorry Paul. I will say though, they are VERY, VERY slow shippers. It took forever to get these and the Count Chocula ones are taking forever too!

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, Paul. I don't even know where Travis got the Wonder Bread cards, thus I have no idea of their price. Whatever the cost, paying three times for shipping what it costs to buy them, I don't think it's worth it.
If you ever want to know the site I can share it Julian. I just didn't want to show it to say "OBTW, this is the cost of these!!" LOL. Tacky IMO.

Reaction score
If you ever want to know the site I can share it Julian. I just didn't want to show it to say "OBTW, this is the cost of these!!" LOL. Tacky IMO.
Haha! I hear you. That is why I haven't wanted to find out either. I prefer it to be this way.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ha no worries, pictures of cool stuff on Star Wars forums tend to lead me into temptation.
I hear you, Paul. You know I don't collect some of the stuff you do, but sometimes when I see your pictures of HT figures from the ST or RO, I say to myself "well, maybe just one or two figures from those films". I think it is just a natural reaction to something that is visually attracting. :)

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Old Glory!

You've seen so much, gone through so much. You've been loved, you've been hated. You've been burned, stepped on, dishonored. You've covered the coffins and been folded carefully and given to the families of the heroes that have given their lives protecting us. You have represented us in worldwide sports competitions. You stood strong among the debris of what were once the Twin Towers. You are on the uniforms of every good soldier and law enforcement officer representing law, order and freedom. You've been questioned, you've been shamed, you've been praised. You've suffered, you've smiled. You've seen it all. But for those of us that still salute you and respect you for all the good you represent to humanity, my deepest Happy Birthday to you: The Red, The White and The Blue!

x0063.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, Sergiu. I saw this yesterday, and while I'm aware Disney+ has been adding warning labels to cartoon classics like Dumbo and Peter Pan, HBO Max has removed the rifle from Elmer Fudd cartoons switching it to a scythe because of gun violence, etc, I didn't even think Aliens would also be labeled as offensive or dangerous.

Other movies claimed by Variety as problematic and to have negative social connotations are: "Gone with the Wind" (Winner of ten Oscars), "Breakfast at Tiffany's", "West Side Story". They also claim these other movies should be presented with discussions before and after the films get shown (as they do in Communist countries to educate the viewer) and disclaimers/warning labels should be added:

- Dirty Harry (1971) Reason: Lt. Harry Callahan of the San Francisco Police Department is determined to uphold the law, even if he has to break the rules. It started a craze for movies about maverick cops who get the job done by following their instincts rather than the law. The film mocks liberal judges and do-gooders, and the villain claims police brutality, planting the seed that other such charges are fake moves to get sympathy.

- Forrest Gump (1994) Reason: While the film is condescending to anyone with a disability, Vietnam vets and people with AIDS, among others, it’s actually hostile to protesters, activists and the counterculture. As a bonus, “lovable” title character Nathan Bedford Forrest was named after his grandfather, the first grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.

- Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom (1984) Reason: Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are generally compassionate filmmakers, but this film went a little too far in trying to replicate the mood of 1930s action serials. Like those old movies, the “exotic” villains are portrayed as primitive and bloodthirsty foreigners, resulting in negative and stereotypical depictions of India and of Hindu customs.

- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019) Reason: Regressive messages. It’s about two middle-aged white guys who long for the old days in Hollywood; in other words, MHGA (Make Hollywood Great Again). The film is set in 1969, when some Americans felt the status quo was being threatened by minorities, hippies and newly liberated women. From the controversial depiction of Bruce Lee — one of Hollywood’s rare Asian stars — to the fact that Black people seem non-existent and “the Mexicans,” as they’re called in the film, are car valets or waitresses, Tarantino’s film seems to have several blind spots. And Charles Manson’s white supremacist agenda is ignored

- The Silence of the Lambs (1991) Reason: Jonathan Demme’s best picture winner takes pains to say that Buffalo Bill (Ted Levine) is not trans, but audiences remember the women’s makeup, his little poodle and the fact that he tucks his male genitals away to look female. Viewers remember the line about fava beans, but it’s doubtful if they remember the clarification about Buffalo Bill.

- Holiday Inn (1942) Reason: Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire run a hotel that’s only open for holidays. Crosby mystifyingly sings “Abraham” in blackface to celebrate Abe Lincoln’s birthday. It’s one of a long line of Hollywood movies in which stars — Joan Crawford, Judy Garland, Shirley Temple, Astaire and, of course, Al Jolson, to name a few — perform in blackface, and it’s always presented as a lark. .

- True Lies (1994) Reason: James Cameron is a rare filmmaker: a brilliant storyteller and a true visionary. But even a genius can make a misstep. The film is entertaining and has some terrific set-pieces, but the Arab characters are religious fanatics or terrorists, or both.

* I won't make any comments, but I would say this: I've seen these cartoons and movies many times (except for OUATIA which I did not like), and never realized how dangerous they were. I'm thankful the PC police has opened up my eyes. It's like being born again. o_O

1592743511011.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
God bless America land of the free. Love how these people think they are doing right by banning stuff. But yet they offer no new ideas on how to best combat it. The best you are doing is making people forget. Then they will repeat the mistakes of the past. Leave it alone. 24 hr news has had a bigger impact than cartoons.

Reaction score
Yeah, Sergiu. I saw this yesterday, and while I'm aware Disney+ has been adding warning labels to cartoon classics like Dumbo and Peter Pan, HBO Max has removed the rifle from Elmer Fudd cartoons switching it to a scythe because of gun violence, etc, I didn't even think Aliens would also be labeled as offensive or dangerous.

Other movies claimed by Variety as problematic and to have negative social connotations are: "Gone with the Wind" (Winner of ten Oscars), "Breakfast at Tiffany's", "West Side Story". They also claim these other movies should be presented with discussions before and after the films get shown (as they do in Communist countries to educate the viewer) and disclaimers/warning labels should be added:

- Dirty Harry (1971) Reason: Lt. Harry Callahan of the San Francisco Police Department is determined to uphold the law, even if he has to break the rules. It started a craze for movies about maverick cops who get the job done by following their instincts rather than the law. The film mocks liberal judges and do-gooders, and the villain claims police brutality, planting the seed that other such charges are fake moves to get sympathy.

- Forrest Gump (1994) Reason: While the film is condescending to anyone with a disability, Vietnam vets and people with AIDS, among others, it’s actually hostile to protesters, activists and the counterculture. As a bonus, “lovable” title character Nathan Bedford Forrest was named after his grandfather, the first grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.

- Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom (1984) Reason: Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are generally compassionate filmmakers, but this film went a little too far in trying to replicate the mood of 1930s action serials. Like those old movies, the “exotic” villains are portrayed as primitive and bloodthirsty foreigners, resulting in negative and stereotypical depictions of India and of Hindu customs.

- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019) Reason: Regressive messages. It’s about two middle-aged white guys who long for the old days in Hollywood; in other words, MHGA (Make Hollywood Great Again). The film is set in 1969, when some Americans felt the status quo was being threatened by minorities, hippies and newly liberated women. From the controversial depiction of Bruce Lee — one of Hollywood’s rare Asian stars — to the fact that Black people seem non-existent and “the Mexicans,” as they’re called in the film, are car valets or waitresses, Tarantino’s film seems to have several blind spots. And Charles Manson’s white supremacist agenda is ignored

- The Silence of the Lambs (1991) Reason: Jonathan Demme’s best picture winner takes pains to say that Buffalo Bill (Ted Levine) is not trans, but audiences remember the women’s makeup, his little poodle and the fact that he tucks his male genitals away to look female. Viewers remember the line about fava beans, but it’s doubtful if they remember the clarification about Buffalo Bill.

- Holiday Inn (1942) Reason: Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire run a hotel that’s only open for holidays. Crosby mystifyingly sings “Abraham” in blackface to celebrate Abe Lincoln’s birthday. It’s one of a long line of Hollywood movies in which stars — Joan Crawford, Judy Garland, Shirley Temple, Astaire and, of course, Al Jolson, to name a few — perform in blackface, and it’s always presented as a lark. .

- True Lies (1994) Reason: James Cameron is a rare filmmaker: a brilliant storyteller and a true visionary. But even a genius can make a misstep. The film is entertaining and has some terrific set-pieces, but the Arab characters are religious fanatics or terrorists, or both.

* I won't make any comments, but I would say this: I've seen these cartoons and movies many times (except for OUATIA which I did not like), and never realized how dangerous they were. I'm thankful the PC police has opened up my eyes. It's like being born again. o_O

View attachment 355719
I had to re-read this and realized that is what they put in the descriptions. SMH :mad:...

In case you didn't know it and this has been going for years now, tobacco use is now offensive as well. Forget until the mid '90s smoking and chewing was everywhere. I personally am happy this change has been made (limiting my exposure to it), but would never force that upon anyone. Hence why I am clearly not as "woke" as the Hollywood elites I guess, I refuse to impose my beliefs on others.

BTW-what Fudd is holding is 200x more eerie and scary than a hunter holding a shotgun!!

Reaction score
It's sad. We are losing one of the greatest industries America created a little more each day. One that provided so much entertainment, tears, laughs, great times. Writers, directors and actors are being subjected to scrutiny, and punish for free thinking and interpretation while others are free to to do as they wish if what they do fits within a certain narrative. We so much talk about democracy, but what is democracy when only one side of the coin is allowed to be seen? Times change, people change and we learn from our mistakes, but attempting to delete the past in any way, shape or form from movies to destroying any symbolism from previous generations, will only lead us to repeat those mistakes again. Are we really progressing by doing this ? And most importantly, who really got offended or felt threaten by these movies? From Black to White to Brown and Yellow, everyone I've known and commented about these films with, never expressed negative feelings about them, but actually enjoying the movies for what they were. Even today, people from all races I interact with, feel this censorship is ridiculous and controlled by a few taking things to extremes. Movies, statues, etc, are a reflection of human behavior, history permanently recorded in time, and should remain there for everyone to draw their own comparisons, learn and make their own conclusions. I'm open to see and hear all points of view ( same as I am when it comes to collecting and what people choose to collect). People have the right to think for themselves without being punished for it. We should watch it all actually, as it will help us to determine where we stand as independent thinkers, as individuals not cloned from one another. We can learned a bit from everyone no matter our differences BUT ... How free are we really, when a group of people sets the standard on what we should watch, eat or drink, and those that differ are tainted with foul language, name calling and demonization? As the son of actors, I'm sadden by all this, and so are my parents.

Last edited: