LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

Reaction score
^^^^
This type of collecting is very unique and I've found helps forge strong bonds amongst strangers across the globe for sure.

Thanks for the comments on my collection. Even though I'm not in the game like I used to be, I do still view it multiple times a day to admire the craftsmanship and artistry of replicas from our beloved fandom.

If you get the chance, grab the RR TaunTaun. It is wonderful.
You are welcome, and I should say I totally agree with you on your comment. Strange as it might sound, I don't have any friends that collect here in Miami except for one that shows up once a year ( you hear me Nick :) )That said, I have found some great people through the years in other parts of this world we share, besides the good friends here in the States. This is a unifying hobby that gives us all the opportunity to bring out the best in us. To me, as much as collecting fills up that need to own movie memorabilia that had an influence in my life, the fact of being able to help others and appreciate the willingness of others to help me is quite fulfilling. Indeed a positive experience.

* I agree with you on that TaunTaun piece as well. If it wasn't because I lack the proper area to display it , I would have gotten it by now. Who knows, I might end up grabbing it at some point. It all depends on how strong I feel with "The Force" one of these days. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
You are welcome. Tom's work is indeed excellent. His Chewbacca bust is just perfection, and his Tauntaun maquette is a superb piece. He also made for me two Jabba's Dias Gargoyles as wall decorations. These are about 7 1/2" in length ( 19.05 cm) , including the metal rings. The same concept is now for sale at his website as towel rings and door knockers, although the measurements for those are different. Here are a few pictures of the Gargoyles and one next to a soda can and the convention exclusive magnet for size comparison ...

View attachment 342561

View attachment 342562

View attachment 342563
Looking at your desk set up it would be cool to have these as drawer pulls if they were smaller.

Reaction score
Looking at your desk set up it would be cool to have these as drawer pulls if they were smaller.
That's an excellent idea! Because of their smaller size the RR gargoyle magnets that were sold as exclusives last year during Celebration would work great. Unfortunately they have sold out and the ones I've seen outside of their site were on Ebay, and people were asking $60.00 for each. I would need three magnets for the desk which would make it too expensive. But indeed, your idea is great, one I wish I would have thought of or you would have mentioned it before. Dang! Now I want those magnets! :) I just took a picture of the two magnets I have as drawer and door pulls to get the idea of how they would serve that purpose as far as size. Below that picture is another one showing the pulls I'm actually using right now. Indeed your idea looks much better.

DSCN1773.JPG

DSCN1778.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, someone sent me this picture that was posted in Twitter by Gentle Giant showing some containers with sculpted parts in them. The one part that called my attention is the one I circled, as it looks to be the head sculpt for The Rancor Keeper. What do you guys think?

whoami.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
That, or one of the Emperor's lackeys from ROTJ. Possibly even Vader's lackey from R1. But, no question those are all more obscure than the Rancor keeper. So you're probably right!

Reaction score
Nice! Looks like it might happen!
That, or one of the Emperor's lackeys from ROTJ. Possibly even Vader's lackey from R1. But, no question those are all more obscure than the Rancor keeper. So you're probably right!
I figured because of the thread here for The Keeper and from what's being done in social media, GG could be paying attention and releasing something that's being requested. But anything is possible. At a first glance, I thought it looked like the face of some evil nun from a horror movie. I'll be happy the day they show something like this and one can tell the sculpt has some face tentacles. Then I'll know they took under consideration the request for Squid Head that's been going around for over a year an a half, and I know our good friend Kev will be looking down at us with a smile on his face.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I figured because of the thread here for The Keeper and from what's being done in social media, GG could be paying attention and releasing something that's being requested. But anything is possible. At a first glance, I thought it looked like the face of some evil nun from a horror movie. I'll be happy the day they show something like this and one can tell the sculpt has some face tentacles. Then I know they took under consideration the request for Squid Head that's been going around for over a year an a half, and I know our good friend Kev will be looking down at us with a smile on his face.
See, that was your first mistake. Diamond listen to the customers? But I guess anything is possible as you said.

It's insulting the poll for Squid Head was never acknowledged either, especially considering it would be a way to honor Kev.

Reaction score
I'll continue every 5th of every month ( the day that Kev passed) bumping the Tessek thread to acknowledge he's not forgotten nor all the other collectors that voted for the mini bust. Maybe nothing ever happens but, to me personally, it is the principle that counts and a promised made to a friend no longer with us.

Hopefully the part seen in that image is indeed the Rancor Keeper, which will show they're working actually on requested mini busts.

Reaction score
So, I went to Home Depot today and got a set of remote controlled LED lights with color changing capability and have been messing around with the lighting around my work desk. This is a WIP, as I still have to recess the lights and hide the wiring. The Carbonite block will have a more reddish color to it ...

lights1.jpg

lights2.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, I went to Home Depot today and got a set of remote controlled LED lights with color changing capability and have been messing around with the lighting around my work desk. This is a WIP, as I still have to recess the lights and high the wiring. The Carbonite block will have a more reddish color to it ...

View attachment 342865

View attachment 342866
That's a great looking display, LightSword. I want the Salacious Crumb, but he is way too expensive these days.

Reaction score
That corner looks great. I like the new lighting. I'm also looking into LED light strips for my collection, considering all the options, discussed last year with a friend who might help me install some.

Reaction score
Thanks for your kind comments, guys!

That corner looks great. I like the new lighting. I'm also looking into LED light strips for my collection, considering all the options, discussed last year with a friend who might help me install some.
Sergiu, I used some LED lighting strips for the lower part of my wrap-around display unit where I have all the Master Replicas blasters, JTR, Thermal detonator and Jabba's throne by GG. These were self adhesive strips that connect between each other with enough wiring in between to hide the connections. Back when I did this I did not see any color changing light strips, but now there are plenty. Yet I like what the lighting did for that area and the fact LED is very friendly to collectibles. I'm looking as well into switching all 14 wired puck lights at the top of that same display unit for LED lights. The ones I have there require tiny halogen bulbs which are hot, go out once a year, cost about $7.00 a bulb, and are not very good for collectibles. I installed those halogen puck lights prior to LED coming out many years ago, so it is time for an update.

The set of LED lights I bought for my work desk/Salacious Crumb area cost $45.00, comes with three puck lights, remote and a transmitter and I can get over 16 color combinations and dimmer settings. I think the availability of LED lighting in recent years has been quite beneficial for hobbyist everywhere. Not only are we being able to use a lighting system that emits less than 5% of heat, but it also allows to place lights in places we couldn't do it before, and they last for years and years. Your display and the new one you're looking into having made, will look even better once you get them installed.

There are many choices out there for LED lighting. This is the one I got for my desk, as it is what works best for me there because I wanted the lights to project in small sections:

led3.jpg

Reaction score
So, I went to Home Depot today and got a set of remote controlled LED lights with color changing capability and have been messing around with the lighting around my work desk. This is a WIP, as I still have to recess the lights and hide the wiring. The Carbonite block will have a more reddish color to it ...

View attachment 342865

View attachment 342866
Top job Julian!!!!Looks like inside Jabba's palace(y)(y)(y).

Reaction score
Check this out ...

A $26.5 million home that just hit the market in Los Angeles is full of luxurious amenities, but the basement is like something from a galaxy far, far away. The 18,200-square-foot Hidden Hills home includes six bedrooms, seven bathrooms and a 5,000-square-foot Star Wars museum in the basement complete with a home theater.

* Money isn't everything, but it's right up there with oxygen :) But to be completely honest, some of the placement of the collectibles I do not like. I would need to re-arrange a few things, if that basement was mine.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's all over Facebook, a huge collection and house indeed. The overall setup looks very cool, but some pieces are not the best quality though, just look at the AT-AT Driver and Snow commander helmets. But money helps indeed to have almost everything you'd want, collectible wise at least.

Reaction score
Breathtaking collection! The basement is bigger than the entire single family home I rent, so there is that.

A couple things, one being I lived in CA for 7 years, that massive X-Wing placement is potentially lethal, especially in SO CAL with one decent earthquake. I think the fact that Snaggletooth is holding a Corona is priceless haha. Puts the Cantina scene in perspective more to me now!

The Clone gear is awesome, I love the layout and placement of his collection personally. The only exception being the Pez heads, and the lighting in the theatre room would give me issues. But these are 1st World nitpicks here.

Lastly, I pity the person/s he hires to dust and clean that room! So many fragile and breakable parts.

Reaction score
Wow. Thanks for posting Julian. I hadn't seen this as I don't do Facebook. It's generally jaw dropping and I love that circular clone helmet display. But there are a few things that irk me and I'd do differently i.e. that half scale Vader in a room full of 1:1 props.

Reaction score
Breathtaking collection! The basement is bigger than the entire single family home I rent, so there is that.

A couple things, one being I lived in CA for 7 years, that massive X-Wing placement is potentially lethal, especially in SO CAL with one decent earthquake. I think the fact that Snaggletooth is holding a Corona is priceless haha. Puts the Cantina scene in perspective more to me now!

The Clone gear is awesome, I love the layout and placement of his collection personally. The only exception being the Pez heads, and the lighting in the theatre room would give me issues. But these are 1st World nitpicks here.

Lastly, I pity the person/s he hires to dust and clean that room! So many fragile and breakable parts.
Indeed. This person has more room in his basement than the entire lot for my house which is 7,770 sq ft. Good for him/her if they made their money in an honest way, but Wow! That is a massive display area. There are some pieces I do like. For instance the area for all the action figures, the replica vehicles, the in-wall cabinets and the home theater. I just don't like the area for the bar where the red Snaggletooth is sitting. I figure, If I had all that money, I would have made the bar area look exactly as the Mos Eisley's Cantina. There are some life-size figures I do not like how they are posed either, for instance, that C-3PO which seems to be suffering from a rash after shaving off his armpits. The overall look is indeed striking because of the sheer size of the room, but I would definitively move some things around.

It's all over Facebook, a huge collection and house indeed. The overall setup looks very cool, but some pieces are not the best quality though, just look at the AT-AT Driver and Snow commander helmets. But money helps indeed to have almost everything you'd want, collectible wise at least.
I agree. To me some pieces are a little weak for such an expensive display, and or placed in a way that, personally, is not attractive to me. Take for instance those helmets on the floor ... why? Yup, money helps make your life easier and get all the material things you want. But honestly, I think there is also some art involved with the way things get displayed, and how a person chooses to put it all together. I've seen collections here, for instance, that do not have as much room to display as this person has, and yet they are more appealing to me because of their placement and the harmonious interaction among the different collectibles.

Wow. Thanks for posting Julian. I hadn't seen this as I don't do Facebook. It's generally jaw dropping and I love that circular clone helmet display. But there are a few things that irk me and I'd do differently i.e. that half scale Vader in a room full of 1:1 props.
You are welcome, Ben. I actually found the pictures through someone here in the props and replicas forum that offered a link. I do like the circular display but indeed, that half scale Vader needs to be on a pedestal of some sort, not just sitting on the floor. I don't like having the helmets on the floor either.

Reaction score
The only thing I'll say about the helmets on the floor is if you look at other photos, it seems they are tables. Because other ones have nice prop replica ships displayed on top of them. I assume he is waiting for a big piece to display atop the one with the 4 clone helmets.

I know this also seems silly, because if you have that kind of money you have money for moving. But I cannot fathom the cost of a move or packing these items.

Reaction score
A very impressive collection and space with very nice collector's items, but it clearly shows me that you can't buy a taste with a lot of money (and no, that has nothing to do with envy).If I had so much money, I would let it really pop ;-).For me still the best presentation in this league is from Woong Cho from Korea!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
A very impressive collection and space with very nice collector's items, but it clearly shows me that you can't buy a taste with a lot of money (and no, that has nothing to do with envy). If I had so much money, I would let it really pop ;-).For me still the best presentation in this league is from Woong Cho from Korea!!!
Totally agree with you, Sven. That was exactly what I was saying about how to display by making things pop. And, yes. Woong Cho's collection shows not only a fantastic selection of collectibles but also a clean an organized way to display them as well. But let's face it, Sven, your display ideas are up there with all these guys. I just can image what you could come up with having a basement the size of that house in L.A.

Now that you mentioned Cho's huge collection, here are some pictures of how he displays it:

wo.jpg

wo2.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Agree on this. I don't like the figures above the door either. I think they are actually Attakus statues, but I really don't think is a good place for them.

Reaction score
Today marks another year since our Chow-Chow by the name of Choo-Choo went to doggy heaven. And such day is remembered with great sadness because he was indeed a loving member of our family. I bought him from a local breeder as a gift to my wife when he was just a tiny puppy, such a beautiful pup! It was just a fur ball running around. Choo-Choo thought he was human, honestly. He never got along with other dogs, much less with cats, and he hated possums, which he would chase by the lake on our nightly walks sometimes. He would pull so hard on the leash to get to them, sometimes it would take us by surprise, and he would run away after them. But he was the most loving dog with humans, and he loved kids. His purple tongue was always in a "lick-them-all" mode :). I would lay down on the floor and he would come running and wrestle with me, and softly nibble on my hands. Then he'd lay down and turn to the side so I would pat his tummy. And wow!, he really guarded around our son's bedroom when my son was a baby. Choo-Choo slept right in front of his bedroom door from day one. And on trips to the beach, he would always be on the back seat of the car next to my son, pacing around, sticking his head out of the window to get all that beach air he loved. As the years went by and he got old and very sick, a decision needed to be made to stop his suffering. I still remember with tears in my eyes that last day with Choo-Choo as we drove him to the vet, covered with a blanket, for what would be his final hour with us. I swear sometimes during stormy nights, I could still hear him whine; he hated all the thundering.

Note: I know none of this is Star Wars related, but being Star Wars collecting a love of mine, my dog was also, and I miss so much not having him around, I feel he deserves a place here. I also came across this poem written by famous actor Jimmy Stewart, which I think pretty much tells a story of the strong feelings we get to develop with our dogs (pets) and how we miss them when they're gone. I guess that's why we haven't had another dog since Choo-Choo departed.

Here is the story:

While shooting a movie in Arizona, Stewart received a phone call from his veterinarian, who informed him that Beau was terminally ill, and that Stewart's wife sought his permission to perform euthanasia. Stewart declined to give a reply over the phone, and told the vet to ‘keep him alive and I'll be there.’ Stewart requested several days' leave, which allowed him to spend some time with Beau before granting the doctor permission to put to sleep the sick dog. Following the procedure, Stewart sat in his car for 10 minutes to clear his eyes of tears. Stewart later remembered: ‘After [Beau] died there were a lot of nights when I was certain that I could feel him get into bed beside me and I would reach out and pat his head. The feeling was so real that I wrote a poem about it and how much it hurt to realize that he wasn't going to be there any more.'"

"I’ll Never Forget a Dog Named Beau"

He never came to me when I would call
Unless I had a tennis ball,
Or he felt like it,
But mostly he didn't come at all.
When he was young
He never learned to heel
Or sit or stay,
He did things his way.
Discipline was not his bag
But when you were with him things sure didn't drag.
He'd dig up a rosebush just to spite me,
And when I'd grab him, he'd turn and bite me.
He bit lots of folks from day to day,
The delivery boy was his favorite prey.
The gas man wouldn't read our meter,
He said we owned a real man-eater.
He set the house on fire
But the story's long to tell.
Suffice it to say that he survived
And the house survived as well.
On the evening walks, and Gloria took him,
He was always first out the door.
The Old One and I brought up the rear
Because our bones were sore.
He would charge up the street with Mom hanging on,
What a beautiful pair they were!
And if it was still light and the tourists were out,
They created a bit of a stir.
But every once in a while, he would stop in his tracks
And with a frown on his face look around.
It was just to make sure that the Old One was there
And would follow him where he was bound.
We are early-to-bedders at our house -- I guess I'm the first to retire.
And as I'd leave the room he'd look at me
And get up from his place by the fire.
He knew where the tennis ***** were upstairs,
And I'd give him one for a while.
He would push it under the bed with his nose
And I'd fish it out with a smile.
And before very long He'd tire of the ball
And be asleep in his corner In no time at all.
And there were nights when I'd feel him climb upon our bed
And lie between us,
And I'd pat his head.
And there were nights when I'd feel this stare
And I'd wake up and he'd be sitting there
And I reach out my hand and stroke his hair.
And sometimes I'd feel him sigh and I think I know the reason why.
He would wake up at night
And he would have this fear
Of the dark, of life, of lots of things,
And he'd be glad to have me near.
And now he's dead.
And there are nights when I think I feel him
Climb upon our bed and lie between us,
And I pat his head.
And there are nights when I think I feel that stare
And I reach out my hand to stroke his hair,
But he's not there.
Oh, how I wish that wasn't so,
I'll always love a dog named Beau.

- Jimmy Stewart

choo choo my buddy.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Julian. As you know and I have shared, I lost my buddy Peach just over a year ago. I can still feel her presence, looking at me from time to time. I have to stop what I am doing and make sure, but of course she is never there.

Your Choo Choo was a beautiful dog, like a lion!

Reaction score
Thanks, Travis. I was just going through an album full of pictures from years ago and found some with Choo-Choo. It was my wife that reminded me that today marked in fact years of his passing. I started to read about dogs and came across Jimmy Stewart's poem and well, I felt the need to voice out my love for my dog. Like it was for you with Peach, these creatures really don't have a very long life and it is sad, being so close and loyal to us as they are. I think to have the blessing of one of these animals at home, makes your day. They are the ones that, no matter who you are or what you are, will always welcome you home with excitement. And that always put a smile on my face after a long day of work.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A FLASH FROM MY PAST ...

While looking through some photo albums I hadn't seen for years, I came across these old pictures from almost two decades ago and beyond, and I thought it'd be good to document my collecting focus from back in those days when action figures, ships and Action Fleet were all I wanted, and when there were still toy stores around to find them, like K-B Toys and Toys R Us and even Service Merchandise.

Looking at the fainted date on the TV screen of the first picture, it dates back to August 15, 1999 and what I was using at the time to search the web was WEBTV :) For those that might read this and were too young to remember, WebTV was a web access product consisting of a thin client device which used a television for display (instead of using a computer monitor), and the online service that supported it. The device design and service was developed by WebTV Networks in 1995. On the second picture dating somewhere around 2004 of the same area in my room, I had already switched for a couple of years to a "normal" device :)

The third picture is of yours truly with the first living miniaturized Jedi to enter my collection room: my baby boy (Chris) just being a few months old and his retractable lightsaber. One thing I have to say about my son is that, throughout the years as he was growing up, he showed total respect for the Star Wars room. He would walk in there and look at the figures, but never touched them. Only once he knocked down that life-size Anakin (which I still have), but having carpeted floor at the time, nothing happened to it. I was heavily invested in action figure collecting at the time (one of every figure released to open/display, one to keep sealed in its card/box) and did so from 1995 until 2010 when I sold the entire collection, and dedicated the room to high end collectibles only.

THEPAST0001.jpg

THEPAST0002.jpg

THEPAST0003.jpg

THEPAST0004.jpg

THEPAST0005.jpg

THEPAST0006.jpg

THEPAST0007.jpg

THEPAST0008.jpg

THEPAST0009.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is so cool! It's amazing how our collecting habits change over time. I'll need to look out some old pics i have from back when Episode 1 released.

Reaction score
You know you have a great setup when even though your focus has changed, the display still looks awesome!

I also spotted those Taco Bell soda toppers on your top shelf! Wow, those things were crazy. I had them all from TPM!

Reaction score
Very cool seeing those 20 year old pics, Julian. So what's the story with the lightsaber legs coffee table? Did you make that? Was it available for purchase?

Reaction score
That is so cool! It's amazing how our collecting habits change over time. I'll need to look out some old pics i have from back when Episode 1 released.
Thanks, Paul. I agree collecting habits do tend to change over time. I wish I would have started collecting back when all the vintage figures were out at the stores. I clearly remember many of them hanging from the pegs back in the day, but I was more into latest Heavy Metal album and saving up to buy that leather jacket, than action figures.:) I did collect a bit of baseball cards back in those days, but who wasn't into baseball if you lived in Jersey or New York! Later on I switched to model cars, and for a while I also collected stamps. It wasn't until 95/96 that I walked into a Toys R Us store with my wife, and I discovered POT2 figures on the pegs. I ended up buying $80.00 worth of action figures that day thanks to a little kid that kept putting them in my cart letting me know which ones were the " new ones", From that day on I didn't stop collecting them. Back in those days I collected everything that would come out, looked through Action Figure Reviw magzines to find out when the new Waves were coming out, etc, etc.And when the figures for the TPM where out for Midnight Madness, well, I ended up with $900.00 worth of product. Crazy! But as time passed and figures became more difficult to find "thanks" to local scalpers and so on, and as I discovered the mini bust line and Master Replicas, I steadily began to switch to high end collectibles until action figures no longer were that important to me, and sold the entire collection in 2010. Luckily for me I found a local buyer that bought the entire collection at once in cash. Yet I do feel nostalgic about them, Collecting them brought me a lot of happiness, a lot of driving and hunting.

You know you have a great setup when even though your focus has changed, the display still looks awesome!

I also spotted those Taco Bell soda toppers on your top shelf! Wow, those things were crazy. I had them all from TPM!
Thanks, Travis. I built that wrap around unit in 1997 at a friend's garage precisely to house my growing action figure collection. I kept it in his garage for 2 years! until our house was built 1999 ( Thanks Ralph for putting up with my "trash" in your garage for so long) It became a problem when I brought the long pieces of wood for the unit home to put it together. They were so long they wouldn't fit through the hallway leading to the Star Wars room, so I had to bring them in through a window, not before having to remove the sliding glass. But once I was finished, it brought a smile to my face. Time to bring home the figures!.

Those Taco Bell toppers and every fast food item that came out for the release of TPM I had it, and I still do in boxes. I went as far as also collecting fast food items from other countries. At a now non-existing website where I worked, I had the entire collection reviewed in pictures. But yeah. I still have boxes of all these fast food items in my attic. Same as it was for the Soda cans; I had/have the entire collection, including the gold Yoda can. Now they are in my son's room.I don't know, back in those days there was a lot more excitement for anything Star Wars. Nowadays I feel much of that initial excitement is gone, and I think it has to do in part with so much Star Wars stuff, so fast.

WOW! Thats something else!! Nice!!
Thank you, Joe, Yeah, when I found those pictures I was like WOW. There's a lot of "Star Wars history" in my collection room. Friends and people that have come and gone. Lots of hours discussing action figures and movie related stuff with other collectors back in those early days. I know I'll miss this room when we sell here and move out of Miami, as it has been my place of relaxation and getting away from everything for 21 years.

Very cool seeing those 20 year old pics, Julian. So what's the story with the lightsaber legs coffee table? Did you make that? Was it available for purchase?
Thank you, Ben. That table I bought it for cheap at a flea market. I think it was from the seventies. It was painted a, faded gold color, and looked horrible. I brought it home painted it black and bought four of those sabers with retractable blades (I think they were like $8,00 at the time), removed the blades, leaving the inside empty. The openings were big enough to slide the legs of the table in. It was a perfect, tight fit. Same as with the fast food collection, I still have that table up in my attic for nostalgic reasons.I used it for almost 14 years. :)

Reaction score
I had almost all the life size store Pepsi product display cardboard cut outs, as I worked at a grocery store for years and stayed friends with the Managers. I used to own Jar Jar, Watto, Queen Amildala, Darth Maul and Obi Wan. I did not have Qui Gonn. They quickly filled up my bedroom and then seemed...odd LOL...when I had dates over. So I got rid of them at a local dealer who gave me next to nothing for them but made a killing.

I tend to agree, I bought every single magazine that came out with TPM in it, all the Taco Bell items, had store displays from Taco Bell and B&N too. There was such buzz to have NEW Star Wars characters and product after 16 years we all went crazy I think!

Now you HAVE to be selective and pick themes or it spirals out of control so quick!