LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

Reaction score
Considering getting this new item from Regal Robot, taking under account I'm enjoying the show and that I have all of the other
Mythosaur skulls they have produced. This one of course is from The Mandalorian as seen in Chapter 3. Pretty cool if you ask me :)

Starting next Friday, 11-29-19 and running through end of day Monday, 12-2-19 , you can save 20% off Star Wars decor and also get free shipping deals on select items. The new metal-look Mithosaur skull mini sculpture is $39 before Black Friday discount plus tax/shipping.

Mandalorian Skull.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Considering getting this new item from Regal Robot, taking under account I'm enjoying the show and that I have all of the other
Mythosaur skulls they have produced. This one of course is from The Mandalorian as seen in Chapter 3. Pretty cool if you ask me :)

Starting next Friday, 11-29-19 and running through end of day Monday, 12-2-19 , you can save 20% off Star Wars decor and also get free shipping deals on select items. The new metal-look Mithosaur skull mini sculpture is $39 before Black Friday discount plus tax/shipping.

View attachment 339946

Reaction score
That one was previously released, Travis. I reviewed it for Facebook (back when I was subscribed) and all the others, and Regal Robot's page posted my review about two years ago or so. Regal Robot produced a really big Mythosaur skull ( 17" tall) which I have on the wall outside of my collection room, a wall plaque I display with GG's Boba Fett statue, and two smaller ones ( 4 1/2" tall) I display with my mini busts, one in bone-like color and look, and a silver one (from your link) which is made out of pewter, hence the higher price. Those are all based on the design for the Star Wars movies. The one I pointed at is different in design and media, as it relates to the one seen up on the wall in The Mandalorian. Here is a comparison between then two:

mandalorian skulls.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day and while to many people it does not have the religious significance it has for me and many others, it is deserving of remembering everything we are thankful for. Below is a little postcard I just created after having our dinner table set-up for tomorrow's meal, as well as my own list of things I'm thankful for ...

On Thanksgiving Day I pause to reflect and thank The Lord:

- For the gift of life, the air I breath, the rain, the snow, the heat and the cold, the mountains, the oceans and rivers, the forests and deserts. For allowing me to experience the world, its mixture of people and cultures with mental clarity without bigotry or discrimination.

- For the job I have.

- For being able to put food on my table and feed my family.

- For living in a free country where we all have a right to pursue our own happiness.

- For having a lasting marriage.

- For our son, and being able to be part of his life, seeing him focused on a productive future.

- For having the means to be a Star Wars collector.

- For being able to meet many great and friendly people worldwide, and share our passion for this hobby together.

- For (sad to say) taking away the pain and suffering of my good friend Kevin, by carrying him in your arms to a better place where he could forever be happy. (I miss you, buddy)

- For those folks that with their actions have shown a dislike towards me and my beliefs. They have taught me about myself, who I am and where I stand. They have challenged me to have patience and strength.

- For the trials of life itself, and having a God of peace and love to guide me in my happiest and most difficult times.

THANKSGIVING2.jpg

THANKSJARJAR.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
That one was previously released, Travis. I reviewed it for Facebook (back when I was subscribed) and all the others, and Regal Robot's page posted my review about two years ago or so. Regal Robot produced a really big Mythosaur skull ( 17" tall) which I have on the wall outside of my collection room, a wall plaque I display with GG's Boba Fett statue, and two smaller ones ( 4 1/2" tall) I display with my mini busts, one in bone-like color and look, and a silver one (from your link) which is made out of pewter, hence the higher price. Those are all based on the design for the Star Wars movies. The one I pointed at is different in design and media, as it relates to the one seen up on the wall in The Mandalorian. Here is a comparison between then two:

View attachment 340047
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up!

Reaction score
You are welcome. Are you getting the new skull or passing on it?

* Also, I wanted to wish you, your family, and all the folks reading this a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks, bud! Have a happy Thanksgiving as well with your family :).

The skulls are more your wheelhouse than mine. Plus I just saw they are releasing the heavy artillery Mando in the Hot Toys line. It never ends haha.

Reaction score
So, I guess the heavy artillery Mando is one you'll be picking up, too? I like that one but it is a bit too "armory" for me. Indeed I like the skulls. I guess you can say I am "The Skull Collector". Sounds like a good name for a horror film. :)

Reaction score
So, I guess the heavy artillery Mando is one you'll be picking up, too? I like that one but it is a bit too "armory" for me. Indeed I like the skulls. I guess you can say I am "The Skull Collector". Sounds like a good name for a horror film. :)
I'm kind of on the fence with the Artillery Mando. I know for example as Beskar Mando is going to come out (probably with Baby Yoda), so I would almost rather hold out for that instead.

I think the skull would go well with you collection!

Reaction score
I'm kind of on the fence with the Artillery Mando. I know for example as Beskar Mando is going to come out (probably with Baby Yoda), so I would almost rather hold out for that instead.

I think the skull would go well with you collection!
Now that you mentioned it, it would indeed be a better choice. I'm really looking into getting the small skull and just one Mandalorian figure or statue. If I could be completely honest, the heavy artillery one is just too Iron Man for my taste. I'll get the skull for now, but I'll wait a little bit to see what's the best option as far as the Mandalorian himself.

Last edited:
Reaction score
After the last episode, good plan. Not going to ruin it for you, but by far the weakest one yet.

Reaction score
Just saw the new chapter and , well, my level of interest went down a few notches. That's all I would say.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dave Filoni's direction of the first Chapter is what really caught my interest. Considering he will be directing the next one (Chaper 5), I have hopes the show will do better and will center on the style and determination of the main character for what he is, without any deviations. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was showing these to Travis earlier today , so I figured it'd be nice to share it with the rest of the forum as well. At some point I'll do a picture review of each one of them as I usually do. But in any case, these are all the .45 scale helmets they made and I have collected, from Riddell to Master Replicas, three custom-made ones and two out of the three repaints Gentle Giant produced, before doing nothing else with the line, a line that promised so much and so many of us wanted back. I only hope that one day these return in this size. Would be nice to add a The Mandalorian one to this scale ...

HelmetCollection.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was showing these to Travis earlier today , so I figured it'd be nice to share it with the rest of the forum as well. At some point I'll do a picture review of each one of them as I usually do. But in any case, these are all the .45 scale helmets they made and I have collected, from Riddell to Master Replicas, three custom-made ones and two out of the three repaints Gentle Giant produced, before doing nothing else with the line, a line that promised so much and so many of us wanted back. I only hope that one day these return in this size. Would be nice to add a The Mandalorian one to this scale ...

View attachment 340215
They are too cool bud, thanks for sharing them with me!

Reaction score
I liked the scaled helmets lines. Wish they'd come back, and see made the others remaining.

Reaction score
I liked the scaled helmets lines. Wish they'd come back, and see made the others remaining.
Unfortunately, Sergiu, as it was explained in these forums by someone on the know close to Gentle Giant a while back, they no longer hold the license, and DST have no interest to bring it back. At this point in time, this great idea is out there waiting for someone to pick it up. Will that ever happen? Who knows!. It seems a good number of collectibles released these days are not what collectors have asked for, and more of what the suits think will sell. With that in mind, my only hope is that WonderGarage in Malaysia, as he's done before, will decide on making more of the .45 helmets. At least I got to pick up from him the McQuarrie Vader helmet, which he only made 40 of. Maybe he'll do something for The Mandalorian.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Sergiu, as it was explained in these forums by someone on the know close to Gentle Giant a while back, they no longer hold the license, and DST have no interest to bring it back. At this point in time, this great idea is out there waiting for someone to pick it up. Will that ever happen? Who knows!. It seems a good number of collectibles released these days are not what collectors have asked for, and more of what the suits think will sell. With that in mind, my only hope is that WonderGarage in Malaysia, as he's done before, will decide on making more of the .45 helmets. At least I got to pick up from him the McQuarrie Vader helmet, which he only made 40 of. Maybe he'll do something for The Mandalorian.
The McQuarrie Vader is one of the more superior and awesome helmets ever made. It's great you own one!

Reaction score
Adding two more avatars to the collection ...

santa8.jpg

Spoiler:  

santa9.jpg

* I took down the second avatar I was using, and wrapped the image in spoiler tags, as I was asked by a higher power the character is considered a spoiler to people who still haven't watched the show.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just wanted to share this with you in the spirit of the Christmas Season. I know it isn't Star Wars related but hey! :) A package showed up today at work addressed to me. Funny as I wasn't expecting anything. I opened it and this was inside:

PresentfromMyWife.jpg

My wife was following the whereabouts of this parcel. She called me at work to let me know it was an early Christmas present. Knowing how "Dominick The Donkey" is my favorite Christmas song, she saw the shirt online and had it sent to me at work, and I so much thank her for it.

The song is a tarantella by Calabrese decendant Lou Monte, from Lyndhurst New Jersey (Alright!) The singer enlisted in the Army in his mid-20's, during World War II, and when he returned to Jersey after the war, he scored his own radio show, mixing comedy, songs, and cracks about his own Italian heritage for an AM station in Newark before being given airtime on a local television channel. At the same time he worked the New Jersey and New York club scenes, being promoted as "The Godfather of Italian Humor" and "The King of Italian-American Music," Click on the link below if you want to hear the song :)

"Hey! Chingedy ching, hee-haw, hee-haw, it's Dominick the donkey. Chingedy ching, hee-haw, hee-haw, the Italian Christmas Donkey ".

Last edited:
Reaction score
You are welcome, Herb. New Jersey has really given birth to some great singers through the years. The song has such a catchy sound. Just makes me happy every time I hear it. Awesome knowing your kids love it. :)

Last edited: