LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

Reaction score
Here is what I consider to be another great offering by Gentle Giant: The Max Rebo band from Jabba's Palace. Great looking set with lots of details, which can display nicely next to the Jabba statue previously reviewed..

- Jabba's Palace Band diorama/statue: 460/2500

- The stage ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
- The musicians: Presenting Sy Snootles! ...

- The musicians: Presenting Droopy McCool! ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cool photos so far, thanks for sharing! I never saw a lot of these pieces up close before so very cool.

Also, how did you know the EXACT Challenger I wanted LOL?

Reaction score
- The musicians: Presenting the band leader himself, Max Rebo! ...

- The band's clown: Salacious Crumb! ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here is one of a few bookends created by Gentle Giant depicting different Star Wars settings. The bookends have a double purpose: use them as book holders or set them side by side and create a diorama with them. This is the Premier Guild Exclusive with extra princess Leia helmet-less head. ...

- Jabba's Palace Exclusive Collectible Bookends by Gentle Giant: 4/250

Last edited:
Reaction score
- The walls of the bookends with Han in Carbonite plus the accessorizing pillows and table ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
-Characters from the bookends: Gamorrean guard & Princess Leia Boushh with exclusive helmet-less head ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
- Putting the bookends together: Bookends or diorama? It's up to the owner's desire ...

- The finished set-up ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is one of my most beloved collectibles, being as I am such a fan of all Jabba-related stuff. Happy to have gotten mine when I did as this guy was very limited, and its value has skyrocketed in the aftermarket these days. A few of these were also received with hazy looking eyes where the entire eye ***** seemed to be suffering from some sort of cataracts. At some point it was explained this was due to the sealer used for his eyes not allowed to cure long enough before placing them in their shipping boxes. I was lucky mine had/has no issues with his eyes.

- Life size (1:1 scale = 17" tall) Salacious B. Crumb by Sideshow Collectibles: 272/600

Last edited:
Reaction score
- Getting the monkey-lizard seated and compared in height to the GG mini bust ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is a nicely detailed magnet that could be used to accessorize any Jabba-related display and/or pedestal. A little gargoyle touch is always a welcoming one ..

- Jabba's Dais Gargoyle Magnet (3" tall) Convention Exclusive by Regal Robot

Last edited:
Reaction score
This one is part of my Master Replicas collection. I did not collect everything this maker released back in their glorious days, but I did buy most of their blasters, a couple of lightsabers and other replicas, including this one which has lights and sounds. Fantastic piece!

- Thermal Detonator 1:1 replica by Master Replicas: 483/1000

Last edited:
Reaction score
A fan made replica that works well within any Jabba-related setting.

- 1:1 Fan made replica Rancor Door Button with light (wall hang piece) by Korbanth

- Uncovered back to show wiring ..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another one of my most precious collectibles. It is truly a work of art as far asa helmet can be. ClothEars is a fantastic company I cannot stop recommending to anyone seeking aquaily and accurate product and a very friendly and helpul approach by the maker. This is the most accurate Boushh helmet in the market

- 1:1 Princess Leia Boushh Helmet (used in movie Paul) by ClothEars Customes
* (addeed Fettronics for lights)

Last edited:
Reaction score
This company offers an array of small Star Wars buildings and dioramas which could accessory other bigger pieces, if you chose wisely. Some of them aren't that nice, but then there are others that look really good. Personally I really like this one, and to be honest, there aren't that many Jabba's Palaces out there...

- Illuminated Jabba's Palace by Hawthorne (Star Wars villages Collection)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm heading now straight for the mini bust side of my collection and all the Jabba related mini busts they have released. This design is what truly made Gentle Giant popular among collectors. Sad to see not many of these are produced these days despite the high demand for many more of them ...

- Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight mini bust by Gentle Giant:
4686/6500

Last edited:
Reaction score
- Bib Fortuna Mini Bust by Gentle Giant : 246/750 -

- Campaign poster I created to push for the making of this bust.

Last edited:
Reaction score
- Boba Fett Convention Exclusive Deluxe Mini Bust by Gentle Giant: 134/2500 -

Last edited:
Reaction score
- Princess Leia in Boushh Disguise mini bust by Gentle Giant: 60/5000

Last edited:
Reaction score
- Princess Leia Organa as Jabba's Slave Mini Bust by Gentle Giant: 1713/4200 -

Last edited:
Reaction score
- Amanaman Mini Bust by Gentle Giant: 170/500 -

- My own mini bust design prior to Gentle Giant coming up with theirs. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cool photos so far, thanks for sharing! I never saw a lot of these pieces up close before so very cool.

Also, how did you know the EXACT Challenger I wanted LOL?
Thanks. I had a ton of pictures to search through, I kept forgetting to post them. As for the car you like... Remember when you bought the one you have and showed me the pictures and talked about muscle power?. Well there's a Dodge dealer literally ten blocks from my house so I went there with my wife to check out the "monsters". Of course, I'll never be able to get one of those. She knows I would want to race it and well,...

Reaction score
Thanks. I had a ton of pictures to search through, I kept forgetting to post them. As for the car you like... Remember when you bought the one you have and showed me the pictures and talked about muscle power?. Well there's a Dodge dealer literally ten blocks from my house so I went there with my wife to check out the "monsters". Of course, I'll never be able to get one of those. She knows I would want to race it and well,...
I had to go to the dealer a couple weeks ago for scheduled maintenance and they had one in the showroom. I could hear power love ballads in the air as I looked at that beautiful machine LOL. Remember your early teachings, all that have power crave more :).

Reaction score
I had to go to the dealer a couple weeks ago for scheduled maintenance and they had one in the showroom. I could hear power love ballads in the air as I looked at that beautiful machine LOL. Remember your early teachings, all that have power crave more :).
I can hear these songs when I look at those muscle cars:

- Sammy Hagar's "I can't Drive 55"
- Metallica's "Fuel"
- Judas Priest's "Heading Out to the Highway"
- Dio's "I speed at night"
- Motley Crue's "Kickstart my heart"
- Judas Priest's "Breaking the law"
- Deep Purple's "Highway Star"
- AC/DC's "Thunderstruck"

... then I wake up, get back into my Camry SE and still listen to those same songs at 50 mph... well, maybe a little faster :)

Reaction score
Very cool and long post Julian. I like that Rancor door switch/button. Wish someone would make the Death Star door panels too.

Reaction score
Very cool and long post Julian. I like that Rancor door switch/button. Wish someone would make the Death Star door panels too.
Thank you, Sergiu. I saw someone on Ebay recently selling the red and the silver door panels for about $150.00. I was going to get the red one but he sold them both. They had lights and all. It was the same builder that did the Rancor door button. Maybe you can
contact him and see if you can work something out. This is what his description read:

RED PANEL: Death Star Security Door panel prop is: 11 3/8" x 8 1/2" For True fans of Star Wars who thinks they have everything already, I bet you do not have a DeathStar Door panel from the original STAR WARS movie, this replica is re-created exactly like the one seen in the movie where it gets blasted by Han Solo in the Control room. This prop comes assembled, painted like the photo, but there is room in the back side to add a working led light, but if you win the auction and want me to light it up before sent, I can for a small cost, just inquire.

SILVER PANEL:
Death Star Security Door panel prop is: Silver Panel is: 12" x 9"For True fans of Star Wars who thinks they have everything already, I bet you do not have a DeathStar Door panel from the original STAR WARS movie, this replica is re-created exactly like the one seen in the movie where it gets blasted by Luke Skywalker before he swings over the deathstar chasm. This prop comes assembled, painted like the photo, but there is room in the back side to add a working led light, but if you win the auction and want me to light it up before sent, I can for a small cost, just inquire

Last edited: