LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

Reaction score
Nice repair Lightsword, I've been thinking of trying to repair mine as am not sure it's worth the risk of more customs fees and worse damage.

I have a Nightmare before Christmas themed Christmas, kind of like a Halloween themed Christmas and I like it!
Thanks for your praise about my repair. If you think you can repair yours that is a good idea. You'll save on customs fees and avoid the risk of getting a new one that might be worse than the one you broke off.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some reflections here: I don't think I can keep my collectibles in boxes any longer. I need to take them out and have them displayed again. Waiting for the end of hurricane season next month, well, feels like centuries away, and I just can't stand going in the Star Wars room and seeing nothing but boxes. And since I have nothing to buy from GG until the PGM "gifts" come out next year, I'll use the time to look for other collectibles I've been wanting to get. :)

Reaction score
You guys are right. I'll start doing it this weekend. Whatever is meant to happen will happen whether I keep them all boxed up or not. Thank you.

Reaction score
So I have something to look forward to before the release of the PGM gifts next year. This is from Hot Toys, and it is the GONK droid with Jawa. I already have the two Jawas from Sideshow, the Attakus statue, plus the GG Jawa mini busts, but loving as I do OT Tatooine-related stuff and wanting the GONK droid for years, I won't pass this up as soon as it gets released. Yay!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awesome addition Julian! I love your Tatooine collection.

Question, I myself have considered getting the Boba Fett Mythos figure, but love Polystone and not dolls. However, I will never be able to afford the SS Polystone Mythos Fett and also have no room for it (as my XM Fett still sits in it's box, 1 year since moving). The 1/6 figure would go nicely on my Boba shelf and not cost me an arm and a leg.

What are your thoughts? My buddy here at work has dove deep into Hot Toys and I just want to avoid another rabbit hole to go down into like he has, but I can't deny they are cool. I would pretty much stick to Boba, but even there you have the Animated version, ESB version, Mythos, etc. I would like to pick your or anyone else's brain on collecting these well done figures.

Reaction score
Travis, in general I prefer Polystone over fabric mainly because, since I have an open display unit with no glass doors to enclose my collectibles, the fabric some of these figures come with is a magnet for dust. I feel there is a bit of misconception as to what these collectibles are because they are not solid sculpts, they are plastic and are articulated like dolls or toys. There was a time when I felt that way, but I had a change of heart after noticing time after time the quality of these pieces. They are just another option to the characters we choose to collect.

In my view, Hot Toys produce some of the best likeness out there, and the tailoring of the clothes and details for these figures are fantastic. Just looking around at other people's collections that include Hot Toys, it is easy to tell these figures are worth their price. The only downside I see to them is (again) maintenance if you have an open display and you have a ton of them to care for. Boba Fett's outfit is made of some fabric but not entirely, so I think it would be fine. Fabric aside, the figure is beautiful and I'm sure you'll be pleased with it, plus it comes with a bunch of accessories and because it is articulated, you can also pose him anyway you like. If I were into Boba Fett as much as you are, I would definitely get it.

And for those that celebrate it ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
The HT collectors say there might be a second Gonk in the future too, the one seen on promo pics with the small dish on top. You should keep an eye on it Julian

Reaction score
Travis, in general I prefer Polystone over fabric mainly because since I have an open display unit with no glass doors to enclose my collectibles, the fabric some of these figures come with is a magnet for dust. I feel there is a bit of misconception as to what these collectibles are because they are not solid sculpts, they are plastic and are articulated like dolls or toys. There was time when I felt that way, but I had a change of heart after noticing time after time the quality of these pieces. They are just another option to the characters we choose to collect.

In my view, Hot Toys produce some of the best likeness out there, and the tailoring of the clothes and details for these figures are fantastic. Just looking around at other people's collections that include Hot Toys, it is easy to tell these figures are worth their price. The only downside I see to them is (again) maintenance if you have an open display and you have a ton of them to care for. Boba Fett's outfit is made of some fabric but not entirely, so I think it would be fine. Fabric aside, the figure is beautiful and I'm sure you'll be pleased with it, plus it comes with a bunch of accessories and because it is articulated, you can also pose him anyway you like. If I were into Boba Fett as much as you are, I would definitely get it.

And for those that celebrate it ...

First, from one Pisan to another Happy Columbus Day, as I sit at home paid today!

Second, thanks for sharing. I have resisted hard not getting into these figures but the Mythos and especially the Holiday Special ones are so nice I have wanted to for some time now. I appreciate your feedback Julian, right now still deep into the sports collection but once MLB ends this month it is a 6 month dry spell and I need some other hobby to keep me going :).

Reaction score
First, from one Pisan to another Happy Columbus Day, as I sit at home paid today!

Second, thanks for sharing. I have resisted hard not getting into these figures but the Mythos and especially the Holiday Special ones are so nice I have wanted to for some time now. I appreciate your feedback Julian, right now still deep into the sports collection but once MLB ends this month it is a 6 month dry spell and I need some other hobby to keep me going :).

Happy Columbus Day to you too, paesano. :)

You are welcome, Travis. I know how much you are into sports so I can see why you want to wait until the MLB ends this month. Priorities first, nothing wrong with that. I get the love for the sport. Collect at your own pace, no rush. I'll also be looking for other things to collect besides GG since there will be nothing I would want from them for a while.

Reaction score
The HT collectors say there might be a second Gonk in the future too, the one seen on promo pics with the small dish on top. You should keep an eye on it Julian
Thanks for letting me know, Sergiu. I felt the GONK being released with the Jawa was/is a bit plain, so it'd be great if they release the one with the radar dish on top. I've collected all the 1/6 scale Astromech units SS produced, so adding GONK units to the droid collection would be very welcoming. Hopefully that's the case.

Reaction score
Happy Columbus Day to you too, paesano. :)

You are welcome, Travis. I know how much you are into sports so I can see why you want to wait until the MLB ends this month. Priorities first, nothing wrong with that. I get the love for the sport. Collect at your own pace, no rush. I'll also be looking for other things to collect besides GG since there will be nothing I would want from them for a while.
Yeah, what makes it even harder is I have $40 in SS credit, so the Mythos Fett would cost me around $220 only. But I just want to hold out a bit longer, maybe even call it a Christmas gift to myself haha.

Reaction score
Anything worth having is definitely worth waiting for, thus the sweeter the reward this coming Christmas. I also want Santa to bring me some collectible this Christmas. I'll have to consult with the wife to see if she's willing to work together with him on that. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know, Sergiu. I felt the GONK being released with the Jawa was/is a bit plain, so it'd be great if they release the one with the radar dish on top. I've collected all the 1/6 scale Astromech units SS produced, so adding GONK units to the droid collection would be very welcoming. Hopefully that's the case.
I'm still a bit sad I sold the 2 custom 1/6 Hasbro R2-Q5 and R5-J2 Imperial Droids when I got the Sideshow versions. Of course the SSC were more accurate, but the Hasbro ones were quite good too and more solid. Wish I had kept at least the R2-Q5 and put it t work on my desk. Oh well, now I have a small Stormtrooper helmet there :)

Reaction score
Sadly I have not been good this year so doubtful the big guy is going to bring me much haha.
He will, he will! Just tell him you are sorry for whatever it is you did that was not good. He's very forgiven. Just let him know with plenty of time what you want, so he can put your stuff in the sleigh before he lives the North Pole warehouse. Just be sensible, don't ask this year for that green Dodge Challenger SRT 392 with 6.4 liter HEMI V8 engine B):)

I'm still a bit sad I sold the 2 custom 1/6 Hasbro R2-Q5 and R5-J2 Imperial Droids when I got the Sideshow versions. Of course the SSC were more accurate, but the Hasbro ones were quite good too and more solid. Wish I had kept at least the R2-Q5 and put it t work on my desk. Oh well, now I have a small Stormtrooper helmet there :)
I remember the Hasbro 12" Droids. I never collected much from their 1/6 scale line because, well, they did look rather bulky and doll-like. But I did have a few including R5-D4 and R2-D2, and they were nice. I also collected the little droids ( 3 3/4") that were exclusive to Target stores and were remote control activated using a control that looked like a saber. All of that went away when I sold my collection. The only 12" I have left is the two speeder bikes ( Luke and Scout Trooper) I turned into a diorama. They're now up in a closet collecting dust. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Getting boring with no new stuff to tak about. I think I'm going to post a huge picture review on all my Jabba-related collectibles next.

Reaction score

L
ocated on the Northern Dune Sea on Tatooine, at the end of a secluded valley lies an immense curving building of sandblasted metal and pitted stone known as Jabba's Palace. The structure accommodates the all mighty Jabba The Hutt, a grotesque slug-like sentient species known as the galaxy's most powerful gangster, with far-reaching influence in both politics and the criminal underworld. The palace is also a place of congregation for many of the henchmen under Jabba's control, where all sorts of illicit businesses are planned.

Among the many species serving the Hutt some very peculiar ones have a constant presence there. For instance, there is the darkly robed Twi'lek mayordomo by the name of Bib Fortuna, Jabba's most loyal servant offering advice and feeding information. Jabba's jester, the Kowakian monkey-lizard Salacious Crumb, is also a staple at the palace.

Jabba reclines atop a stone dais within the throne room of his palace, a bustling chamber that overlooks a secret pit that contains his favorite beast, the Rancor. This enormous carnivorous beast is kept beneath a trapdoor in Jabba's chamber at the palace. Jabba finds it amusing to drop people into the Rancor's pit and watch them be eaten. Luke Skywalker almost died there when Jabba dropped him in with the Rancor.

It was also at Jabba's Palace where Han Solo, the smuggler and hero of the Rebellion against the Empire, was brought in by bounty hunter Boba Fett and placed against a wall as a trophy for Jabba. Han had been frozen in Carbonite in Bespin and remained placed in a Carbonite block for a year. Thanks to the intervention of his friends, among them Luke, Leia, Lando and Chewbacca, Han was later on heroically rescued and taken away from Jabba's grip.

- Jabba the Hutt Statue by Gentle Giant : 571/2500 -

Last edited:
Reaction score
- Here is small statue pf the fanning Jawa that came packed with the Jabba diorama/statue.His eyes light-up ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
- Here is Oola from the Jabba diorama/statue, in all her green beauty ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
- "The Hutt" with Oola and the fanning Jawa displayed together as a diorama ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
- To add to the great look of the diorama/statue, Gentle Giant offered this accessory pack made of a small statue of a sitting Princess Leia as Jabba's slave, a "leather" throw, a cushion, two new arms for Jabba, the top for his bowl and pipe. Well thought out accessory pack that is very expensive to buy these days in the secondary market ...

- Princess Leia as Jabba's Slave Accessory Pack: 187/1750 -

Last edited:
Reaction score
As a second accessory to the Jabba diorama/statue, Gentle Giant made available this small statue of Jabba's
trusty majordomo Bib Fortuna. A perfect companion piece to the set with a magnetic bottom to secure it to the dais. Numbers were never said on how many of these were produced, and it is not listed on the COA the statue came with. Some e-tailers offered the statue as a gift with a purchase of another product ..

- Bib Fortuna Accessory Statue Statue by Gentle Giant : No Edition Number listed -

Last edited:
Reaction score
- Here is now the Jabba diorama/statue being displayed with Bib Fortuna, the Jawa and Princess Leia small statues. Oola chose not to be part of the pictures, some issue they said she had with the Rancor :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Continuing with Jabba incarnations, here is a very rare piece by Sideshow Collectibles for their 1/9 scale diorama line. This one shows Jabba's death death by the hands of the one Princess he made his slave. Value for this exclusive piece is now quite high on the aftermarket.

- "You are going to Regret This" Exclusive Diorama by Sideshow Collectibles : 31/400 -

Last edited:
Reaction score
A close look at the slave Princess Leia from the "You're going to regret this" diorama ...

- Here's a close look at the Salacious Crumb (1/400) character offered only as part of the exclusive release ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Moving on now to what I personally consider to be one of Gentle Giant's best statues offering a stunning likeness to the actress and a beautiful pose design ...

- Princess Leia as Jabba's Slave by Gentle Giant : 5007/5500 -

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe this one is Gentle Giant's tallest statue for their Star Wars line. A great looking piece with a not so great looking face giving to the Keeper, but overall a necessary addition to the collection that displays quite nicely

- Rancor with Keeper statue by Gentle Giant : 1583/2000 -

- The base

- The Keeper

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here is Sideshow Collectibles take on the Rancor monsters as sort of a statue/bust design for their 1/9 scale diorama line. The exclusive release shown here comes with a removable hand for the Rancor to replace Luke with a ready-to-be-eaten Gamorrean guard.

- "There will be no bargain" Exclusive diorama/statue by Sideshow Collectibles : 1583/2000 -

Last edited:
Reaction score
- Gamorrean guard from exclusive "There will be no bargain" diorama by Sideshow ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is the French maker Attakus take on the Gamorrean guard. One of my favorite statues in my collection ...

- Gamorrean Gauard 1/5 Scale Statue by Attakus: 1358/1500

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here is Gentle Giant's only one take on the Boba Fett character as a 12" statue. While I admit the left arm pose isn't the best, I still like the overall look of the statue quite a bit ...

- Boba Fett 1/6 Scale Statue by Gentle Giant: 3214/6500

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not a collector of the animated side of Star Wars, however, this animated maquette by Gentle Giant was quite attractive to me and a needed piece for the Jabba-related side of my collection. It was an Entertainment Earth exclusive release ...

- Princess Leia as Boushh exclusive Animated Maquette:

Last edited: