LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

Reaction score
Glad you got a good one, Julian. After the disappointment of the McSandy, seems like GG is on a roll...Ahsoka, Bespin Leia, Amanaman, Spacetrooper all seem to be winners!
Thanks, Ben. She is a really pretty sculpt and I'm glad my son was happy with it and there were no defects. I agree with you, while I still haven't received any of mine, the pictures I'm seeing of the PGM gifts from last year look great. I was so concerned Leia's pupils were going to be all messed up because of the way she is looking, but I'm glad to see my fears were put to rest. Even the details on her dress look great. I'm still a bit hesitant because of what happened with the McSandy and the poor quality of the Styrofoam, but I have to say I'm feeling a big excited about getting these. The Spacetrooper also looks fantastic. I was wondering if it was going to be a one piece sculpt like the Sandtrooper, but according to what's been said his rifle/blaster is a separate piece, so it is better protected. Amanaman there's only one picture posted, thus I wish there were more to better assess the sculpting. Also, we know thee are 600 Leia's and 500 Spacetroopers. I'm wondering how many Amanaman's were made.

++++++++++++++

Hey Ben, a miracle happened today LOL. You know that cell phone I've told you about I hate so much 'cause I can't hardly see the keypad? Well, I had it on top of the kitchen counter. My wife goes there opens one of the cabinets and the salt shaker came rushing down right on top of it, cracking the screen. So awesome! I cannot use it, so I think I'm going to get a B-day present before my birthday next month ( the missus told me) :awesome: Yay!

Here are the two subjects in question: Culprit & Victim :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Guess your phone was salty haha. Sorry...

Otherwise, really happy to see your son's bust turned out well. Good deal!

When I originally saw the salt shaker I thought there was going to be some crow on a plate instead :).

Reaction score
Even the details on her dress look great. I'm still a bit hesitant because of what happened with the McSandy and the poor quality of the Styrofoam, but I have to say I'm feeling a big excited about getting these.
++++++++++++++

Hey Ben, a miracle happened today LOL. You know that cell phone I've told you about I hate so much 'cause I can't hardly see the keypad? Well, I had it on top of the kitchen counter. My wife goes there opens one of the cabinets and the salt shaker came rushing down right on top of it, cracking the screen. So awesome! I cannot use it, so I think I'm going to get a B-day present before my birthday next month ( the missus told me) :awesome: Yay!
Yeah, I noticed that on Leia. Great detail in the dress. Fingers crossed that cheap styro protects the bust enough. Would be nice if they shipped mine...still says "awaiting shipment".

Ha! Good deal on that phone! Now you're done with it and it wasn't even your fault! If you need advice on a new one or are between devices and need an opinion, PM me and we can discuss.

Reaction score
Guess your phone was salty haha. Sorry...

Otherwise, really happy to see your son's bust turned out well. Good deal!

When I originally saw the salt shaker I thought there was going to be some crow on a plate instead :).
Salty it was , hmm. :) Crow? Well, I think there outta be a feast with several of those out there. But I'm glad to be eating crow and getting good mini busts. Now let's hope the trend continues. I'm wondering if there will be a Holiday mini bust for Christmas this year :)

Yeah, I noticed that on Leia. Great detail in the dress. Fingers crossed that cheap styro protects the bust enough. Would be nice if they shipped mine...still says "awaiting shipment".

Ha! Good deal on that phone! Now you're done with it and it wasn't even your fault! If you need advice on a new one or are between devices and need an opinion, PM me and we can discuss.
I'm hoping mine gets here in one piece. The Space Trooper got here just fine, but I don't trust that Styrofoam; anything is possible. Not sure why they did this, but they have shipped Leia and Amanaman to me using UPS. I had selected USPS when I placed my order. They won't be here until next week. I appreciate your help with the phone Ben. I think I'm going to go for the one you had recommended a while ago. Now all I have to do is try to find your PM with the info. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score

I can't help a day like today but to feel deep sadness in my heart for all the innocent victims of the 9/11 attacks, and the destruction of the The World Trade Center by Islamic terrorists.

- World Trade Center victims: 2,977 (343 firefighters, 71 law enforcement officers, 2563 civilians/passengers)
- Pennsylvania Flight 93 victims: 40 (33 passengers, 7 crew members)
- Washington D.C (Pentagon) victims: 189 (125 inside the building, 64 passengers on board)

Those towers where part of the landscape I saw every day, every morning, on my way to school from the New Jersey side looking over the Hudson River into lower Manhattan, and every day on my way to work, as well as every time I took the ferry from Hoboken to Manhattan. They looked so majestic standing there the last time I saw them, the day before we moved to Florida. So heart-breaking when I went back years later, months after the attacks and finding nothing in there but a hole on the ground. There is the one tower there today, and while it is very modern and stylish, to me personally, it does not compare to the look of the Twin Towers. To all those innocent victims of the 9/11 attacks in New York, Pennsylvania and Washington D.C, my deepest respect and may you all rest in peace for eternity. I don't forget ... Have you forgotten?

Last edited:
Reaction score
A day most of us will never forget. I remember I woke up that morning to my radio alarm clock going off and they were saying a plane hit a Tower. I was up and as I turned on the TV, the second plane hit. I tired calling my uncle who worked in the Pentagon at the time but you couldn't get through to anyone due to the call volume. We found out later that he happened to be of that day. I grabbed a shower and headed up to my firehouse to already find several guys there and glued to the TV. One of our guys worked for FEMA and stopped up to say good-bye as he was headed up and didn't know when he would be back. We waited around for him to get there to see if we would be mobilized but at that time, they didn't need anymore equipment. What with Jersey City and the other North Jersey companies coming in. He wound up being up there for six straight months. Granted we live in the Philly area and it's about 50-60 minutes up the Jersey Turnpike, but he couldn't leave. I was at the firehouse until I had to go to work @ 1. All operations ceased for the day. A couple guys belonged to my firehouse as well as other firehouses and they were just waiting for any calls. Since I worked for a chemical company, the local PD showed up and asked us to close and lock our gate when traffic wasn't coming through. It was a chaotic time to say for sure and a time that I will never forget.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the remembrance Julian. Let's never forget that it wasn't just some people who did something to our nation.

I was in Utah of all places at the time, working at Hill Air Force Base outside of Salt Lake City, near the Wyoming border. I remember getting to work and everyone just watching the TV, which was so odd. We just sat there watching it unfold live, it didn't seem real. The AF did drills all day, you just heard the F16 jets all day doing low flying exercises, it really felt like we were at war. Then there was the eerie silence of no air traffic for a week that followed.

I know I was thousands of miles away back then, but now living in Jersey on the shore I am right here and many people at my job today on base were very emotional. We even had a meeting where the Colonial made a speech about it, so again thanks for this post.

Reaction score
Thank you both for telling your stories and remembering about where you were such sad day in the history of our nation. I also want to give my deepest thanks to those first responders alive and those that perished. As a citizen of this great country of ours, I feel so proud of the job they did; those courageous firefighters that went up those towers never to see their families again. To the police officers risking their lives and providing assistance to the people at such difficult time. To the people on the street helping out each other. There's a lot of love and kindness in this country, and a strong will to help others. We should never let get to our ears the sound of those that try to divide us for we are one America.

That day I had the day off and was still in bed sleeping. The phone rings and it is my cousin from Tampa calling to tell me we were under attack. I just laughed and said "you're joking". She just told me to turn on the TV. And there in front of my eyes I got to see first hand the evil that man can do, and saw people jump, lives end, and those beloved towers go down. I immediately called New Jersey to see if my aunt and my cousin where OK, as they work in NY near the towers. My other aunt answered the phone and she was crying and saying she hadn't heard from them. I kept calling back all day until I finally got in touch with my missing aunt. She had been placed on a ferry and taken across the river back to Jersey, but still there was no sign of my cousin. Hours later they called me back to let me know he had made it across the Washington Bridge on foot with many others. I felt such relief knowing they were safe and yet a deep sadness for New York, Pennsylvania and D.C.I remember here in Miami the next day cars beeping and people waving American flags from almost every car on the road, people yelling "USA!, USA!". We were so united then. We were all one nation. Today at college not a single professor mentioned 9/11 to my son, and at work it was just another day... Sad. My family however sat around the TV tonight and re-watched all the events of that day, and there were tears in our eyes but also pride at the same time of being part of a nation that raises above all difficulties and keeps freedom going.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Had a chance to photograph and work on the Space Trooper sample I received a few days ago . This is a great sculpt all around. ..

Reaction score
Congrats! Very cool bust! A niche piece which still shows the awesomeness of concepts in the Star Wars universe.

BTW I think the box has the Hot Toys figure on one side. I have a hunch it is a collaboration of GG with Hot Toys, or at least a permission from HT for GG to inspire themselves after the HT figure.

Reaction score
Thank you both for telling your stories and remembering about where you were such sad day in the history of our nation. I also want to give my deepest thanks to those first responders alive and those that perished. As a citizen of this great country of ours, I feel so proud of the job they did; those courageous firefighters that went up those towers never to see their families again. To the police officers risking their lives and providing assistance to the people at such difficult time. To the people on the street helping out each other. There's a lot of love and kindness in this country, and a strong will to help others. We should never let get to our ears the sound of those that try to divide us for we are one America.

That day I had the day off and was still in bed sleeping. The phone rings and it is my cousin from Tampa calling to tell me we were under attack. I just laughed and said "you're joking". She just told me to turn on the TV. And there in front of my eyes I got to see first hand the evil that man can do, and saw people jump, lives end, and those beloved towers go down. I immediately called New Jersey to see if my aunt and my cousin where OK, as they work in NY near the towers. My other aunt answered the phone and she was crying and saying she hadn't heard from them. I kept calling back all day until I finally got in touch with my missing aunt. She had been placed on a ferry and taken across the river back to Jersey, but still there was no sign of my cousin. Hours later they called me back to let me know he had made it across the Washington Bridge on foot with many others. I felt such relief knowing they were safe and yet a deep sadness for New York, Pennsylvania and D.C.I remember here in Miami the next day cars beeping and people waving American flags from almost every car on the road, people yelling "USA!, USA!". We were so united then. We were all one nation. Today at college not a single professor mentioned 9/11 to my son, and at work it was just another day... Sad. My family however sat around the TV tonight and re-watched all the events of that day, and there were tears in our eyes but also pride at the same time of being part of a nation that raises above all difficulties and keeps freedom going.
The fact we have fallen so far as to not have a SINGLE Professor give a moment to show respect for this is sickening. But then most major news downplayed it as well. Not even two decades yet, and people act like it never happened, or you know...some people did some thing. It truly is sad.

I teared up reading about you trying to get in touch with your family, such a different time when very few had cellphones. I also recall not even a day later going to work in Utah and seeing entire blocks have American flags in the grass, going from block to block. Like you said, everyone was so Patriotic again and it is just pathetic how divided we all are now. From teams proudly wearing the flag on their uniforms and standing for the National Anthem with tears in their eyes, wearing first responder caps to people calling the flag racist, kneeling at the anthem and pouring milk and water on those same NY police officers today. I just sit and ask what happened sometimes?

Reaction score
Travis, I just hope our society gets to some understanding or we are heading straight for a very dark future, and I don't want anyone to get hurt. I think there is good in everyone of us, and there are outside influences and negative messages that define some of us as we get older. Isn't it great to see a bunch of little kids playing together without distinctions, no matter what race they are or what religion they belong to? We need to be more that way. The world could be such a great place if we could all find common ground and treat each other with respect, and allow room for all of us to breath, not be silenced, be ourselves. Nine/Eleven showed how negative and how positive humans can be, but that positivism shouldn't take a tragedy to be seen. The word coexist comes to mind, but not for one ideology or one political party or another, but for all of us. I don't want to get into politics here, but I do have very strong feelings towards those things you've mentioned. I have deep respect for those that put on a uniform everyday and risk their lives to keep us safe. As for the flag, well, I love it. A couple of months ago I was driving down a main avenue here and saw a small flag thrown on the side of the road. Mind it was late at night so there was not much traffic. I pulled to the side , put my blinkers on, got out and picked it up. It was dusty and beaten, but it did not matter to me, I folded it, and it has been sitting on the dashboard of my car ever since. I feel I rescued something of value. There are many ways to express dissatisfaction and a need for change if a person does not agree with something in society. The flag and our National Anthem however, shouldn't be used as tools to get any sociopolitical message across. Too many people died for them and continue to die. And I'll leave it at that. JMHO.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Congrats! Very cool bust! A niche piece which still shows the awesomeness of concepts in the Star Wars universe.

BTW I think the box has the Hot Toys figure on one side. I have a hunch it is a collaboration of GG with Hot Toys, or at least a permission from HT for GG to inspire themselves after the HT figure.
Thank you, Sergiu. It is a great mini bust, and one I can recommend to you for your Imperial collection. Indeed, the picture on the back of the mini bust box is that of the Space Trooper figure from Hot Toys from that figure's promotion. Like you said, it is possible GG asked for the picture to be used for their own product considering there isn't much out there showing Space Troopers. Here is a comparison between those two ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
It is a great bust indeed! Wish I had space for it, but I already have the HT Spacetrooper :) I think GG asked for more than the picture to be used, they also used the backpack and rifle, both these were created by HT, or at least partially imagined by HT. The result in both cases are 2 very cool collectibles, which easily belong in the Star Wars universe.

Reaction score
I agree. Save for some minute differences in color and some detailing, the heavy blaster and backpack are pretty much the same. Both collectibles are great.

Reaction score
Finally got a chance over the weekend to fully inspect and work on some pictures for the Leia Organa (Bespin) mini bust I received. This is truly a beautiful sculpt and I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. I received #551/600 ...

Reaction score
Finally got a chance over the weekend to fully inspect and work on some pictures for the Leia Organa (Bespin) mini bust I received. This is truly a beautiful sculpt and I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. I received #551/600 ...

Happy for you, I know this was a piece you really wanted!

Reaction score
Same cheap, crumbly styro used on other recent busts. The bust moves around inside the styro and the styro moves around inside the box. Real crap.

Reaction score
Same cheap, crumbly styro used on other recent busts. The bust moves around inside the styro and the styro moves around inside the box. Real crap.
Yup. Not fun at all waiting so long for these things only to be presented with issues here and there.

Happy for you, I know this was a piece you really wanted!
Thank you, Trav. Yes, I was quite concerned about how the eyes were going to come out because of the way they are looking, but they painted those properly, so I'm happy with the overall result, which by the way is not free from defects as I'll explain below.

Congrats on Leia bust! How is the packaging compared to the other recently received busts?
Thank you, Sergiu. The packaging is the same new crappy one, just a little bit more rigid than the others ( does not crumble) and yet, it is quite thin in some areas. I'll explain through pictures below my overall impression on all that's come out lately.

Let me just start by saying I don't consider myself some sort of mini bust guru, but I do have the experience of collecting these for many years and doing close ups pictures on many of them, and I'm quite aware about quality. I don't only collect Star Wars, but my wife and I also collect statues from Armani to Capodimonte to Lladro, and I've always been very observant on details, and finish of a product. That being said, and after photographing hundreds of mini busts including these last three ones (McQuarrie Sandtrooper, Space Trooper, Amanaman, Bespin Leia) I can easily see the finish of the product has dwindled down. Other than the Space Trooper which I consider to be the best of the group having very strong magnets to hold his arm/rifle in place, sharp details and a great finish, the rest suffer from defects either at a large or small scale. So, I'll break things down this way:

- McQuarrie Sandtrooper: Nice design overall, but very poor quality on an array of things. Generic writing under the base missing much of the info we are used to see there. Styrofoam tray is the worst; it literally crumbles into little pieces finding their way all around you as you pull it out of the box. Paintbrush strokes are noticeable around the helmet strap, rifle barrels are bent to the side towards the helmet in most cases. Some barrels are cracked and have been re-glued by somebody where the barrel meets the rest of the rifle. Stickers used in some areas are quiet noticeable. Wobbly paint lines in some areas of the helmet, broken rifle straps. The worst of all McQuarrie offerings as far as quality. A rushed up job, which we still paid a premium for.

- Space Trooper: Overall a great piece. Bottom of the base shows proper writing as it has been for years. Styrofoam tray is poor in quality with hand cut holes for the bust to sit in. I like the fact the arm with the rifle is a separate piece thus protecting that area. The best of the bunch.

- Amanaman: Overall a great sculpt looking at it from a distance. Get close to it you'll notice some of the green "skin" fades out abruptly. Molded fingers, especially the pinky on the hand holding the staff not finished properly thus separated from the palm of the hand. On my sample they painted green over what appears to be a brush brittle/hair on his back. The bottom of the base is missing the proper writing we are used to, being quiet generic. The Styrofoam halves are weak and thin. Being all one piece, the staff sits dangerously on some spongy material causing stress to the fingers of the hand that holds it. Some sticky tape was tightly wrapped a few times around those fingers and the staff. You pull the tape out too quickly, you risk taking some of the paint with it. That same hand and staff should have been a separate piece having a cut-out on the Styrofoam made for them.

- Bespin Leia: Beautiful sculpt as far as her overall design. It does have the correct writing under the base as we are used to. Now, on my sample, I got her with a big paint chip on her lips (corrected that with PS for my picture review), and thus the "lipstick" color is missing. The closer you get to her, the more she looks like having a buck tooth sticking out. Once again, they used noticeable stickers to the lower side of her white "cape" representing graphics on the fabric. The stickers I say are noticeable because they shine when the light hits them and one of them was folded under the base on the sample I received (see picture). The finish on her hands is not smooth, a bit bumpy rather and rough unlike on other Leia sculpts previously made. The Styrofoam tray is very thin in some areas. On the sample I received it had ripped being pushed by the shifting and weight of the bust while in transit.

* My overall impression is that these are not being made using the same quality standards we are used to. Overall, again, it feels as if corners are being cut somewhere. Now this is just my opinion. I like to think of myself as a fan of their product, not a blinded fanatic willing to overlook stuff that is clearly not right, and say everything is great. It's quite easy to get used to mediocre product if we let things slide, and personally, I want to see a level of quality that justifies the price of a membership and the price of the product itself, and neither the membership nor the product are cheap. Of course, every person has the right to view them as they see them and form their own opinion which could very well differ from mine.

- What do you guys think I should do? Should I ask for replacements? I did not have the best experience replacing the messed up McQuarrie Sandtrooper I received. The replacement they sent me also had some issues at a minor scale. What to do ... what to do?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The problem with Leia's lips is not that there are tiny unpainted parts (that can be repainted), but that line between the lips that looks unfinished, like she is chewing her food and having crumbs on the lips.

Reaction score
I have said it before so sounding like a broken record here, but for the price of these pieces and the absurd shipping costs, PGM fees these pieces are (except for the Spacetrooper) unacceptable.

Cracked or broken pieces, super glued fixes presented as new (WTH??), sloppy paint apps and crappy bases/packing make these a massive step down from GG to Diamond. Honestly, again repeating myself, it would take something unreal to make me buy from them again and I would have to see dozens arrive without issue before getting it.

Julian, you have every right to be picky and demand better.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Julian, here's my $.02. Tough call but I'd keep the Leia. That chip doesn't look that bad unless you do a super zoom-in macro shot of it. You could get a lot worse. None of these busts are perfect. I could grab any mini bust in my collection and look hard enough at it and find a flaw. You, of course, have to be the one to draw the line as far as what is acceptable. But if that Leia were mine, I'd keep it (assuming that lip chip is the only significant flaw you're seeing).

Last edited:
Reaction score
With the crack on the Amanaman I'd seek a replacement. Leia, I'd ask them what paint was used and try to touch up the lips. You could end up getting one the has more issues.

I hate that they ask you to destroy them before getting a replacement. I'd rather they send me a second one and charge me for it, let me pick the better of the two. Once I have then I can destroy the worse one, send them proof and then they can issue a credit/refund back to my card.

Reaction score
Thank you, folks. I think that's what I will do with Leia. The lip issue is minimal, although noticeable when displayed. If I could get the right paint for the lip color I'll fix it myself. Or I can combine red and blue paint until I get the closest shade to her lips. Amanaman really bugs me because of all the effort I put into creating posters for his campaign, and the fact it was our collective effort that signaled him to GG as something many of us wanted. I wanted my sample to be issue-free. What'd pain me the most would be breaking off his arms as someone mentioned he had to do in order to get a replacement. I can't bring myself to do that.

* Just wondering if GG can actually provide the paint brand and color they used since these are painted in China. I'll try asking them and see what response I get. Travis, Sergiu, Ben, Brad thank you all for your advice/recommendations.

Last edited:
Reaction score
With the crack on the Amanaman I'd seek a replacement. Leia, I'd ask them what paint was used and try to touch up the lips. You could end up getting one the has more issues.

I hate that they ask you to destroy them before getting a replacement. I'd rather they send me a second one and charge me for it, let me pick the better of the two. Once I have then I can destroy the worse one, send them proof and then they can issue a credit/refund back to my card.
Totally agree on this. I would even be willing to send them back the worse one of the two at my own expense. There's no guarantee the one they'll send you would be any better. It's a gamble.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Edit: I got in touch with them and asked about if they could supply the brand and paint color for Leia's lips, and asked as well if at all possible they could send a replacement for Amanaman prior to me sending the damaged one I got, that I would even cover myself the cost of sending back to them the worse of the two Amanaman.

This is the reply I got ...

"Thank you for sending over the images, I’m sorry we wouldn’t be able to issue a replacement until we’ve received the head/arms as.

As soon as possible please safely break off both Arms for Amanaman and the Head of Princess Leia, you will be shipping them to the address below. If you need to break apart the arms further to fit into a small envelope or box, please do so carefully. Once it's been received, we’ll provide a $5 Credit to offset the cost of return shipping and create a replacement order on your account."

So, I would need to decapitate Leia and turn Amanamn into a snail prior to getting any replacements. Most likely I will keep the Leia I got, but Amanaman seems he will lose his limbs and go for a replacement.

Edit #2: I fixed the issue myself with Leia. Using this big magnifying glass I have with a retractable base and a tiny blade, I scrapped off the bumpy/crumby area on her lips. Mixed the blue and red paint several times to achieve the closest color possible, and used a super small brush to touch up the area. It's true what Ben said, it was a very, very small chip so just a few lightly touches with the tip of the brush and she was fixed... sort of. Her lips are not 100% painted but I got them to a point where I don't see the issue. Only using a magnifying glass or zooming in with my camera you would see anything, and usually I don't go around the Star Wars room looking at my collection that way LOL. I sealed the area with a non-glossy sealer to preserve the paint ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Leia's lips look better now. Good job! Better than tryong to get replacement, which could have been so much worse

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I appreciate your opinions. Although I gotta be honest; the fact of knowing I had to repaint the area is still eating me up a little. :) As for Amanaman, I'm considering trying to fix it myself. I just need to gather some info on how to do it. I do have the right paints to go over the repair.

Reaction score
That sounds tricky...you have to fill a gap before even painting, right?
Yeah. I had to fill the gap between his "pinky" and the side of his hand. After some reading on repairs for ceramics, polystones, etc, I decided to use plumbers caulk. It comes in a tube, and it is a single component I do not have to mix like others that are two part components. All you have to do is squeeze out a small amount and work the area needing to be filled, pushing this pasty material in it. Since it is what it is, it is strong, durable, won't crack can withstand water and adheres to all types of building materials. It also gives me enough time to wipe off the excess with a damp microfiber towel.

I did all this looking through my ever handy dandy magnifying glass on a base. LOL. I got to cover the gap, cleaned the area and left it in my garage curing until I get back home tonight. All I need to do now is paint the area. I'll have some pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The lips turned out great. Looking forward to seeing what you do with Amanaman.
Thanks! Here it is finally. I tried to make it to Walmart last night to get the satin gloss varnish I needed, and it was a circus there. 1:00 am the weirdest looking people go there at that time and the place was packed LOL. No employee knew about what I was looking for, which made me wonder how they got to have a job there if they don't know what they sell. Finally I found the hobby area myself, and they did not have the varnish. So I had to go this morning to Michael's to get it, and I just got home about two hours ago and finished the project.

( Pictures taken by my always diligent son, Chris) :)

- This is the area that needed repair, where the finger gap needed to be filled.

- Area being worked on to fill the gap using Plumbers Caulk

- Gap filled. Excess caulking was removed using a damped microfiber towel.

- Color matching and operating table at LightSword's General Hospital (The Garage) :)

- Paint being applied after matching color the closest I could to the original. Paint dries darker than seen here.

- After the paint dried, it's time to apply one layer of Satin Varnish to match the shine on the skin.

- Done! Here is how it turned out ...

- A much closer look at the repaired finger/hand ...

- Standing on an empty shelf in front of a retouched wall where I display some of my Jabba related stuff.

* I have to say I'm pretty happy with the result, and it was fun working on this 'forced' project. Best of all, I did not have to break off Amanaman's arms to get a replacement. Honestly, I couldn't bring myself to destroying the bust.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well done, Julian! You really got the look of the original paint just right...the color match and gloss are perfect.
Thanks, Ben! :) The paint is a tiny lighter than the original, but it is not noticeable unless you are three inches away from the bust and look for it. I feel a lot better now. My OCD is under control now. :)

Reaction score
Totally agree on this. I would even be willing to send them back the worse one of the two at my own expense. There's no guarantee the one they'll send you would be any better. It's a gamble.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Edit: I got in touch with them and asked about if they could supply the brand and paint color for Leia's lips, and asked as well if at all possible they could send a replacement for Amanaman prior to me sending the damaged one I got, that I would even cover myself the cost of sending back to them the worse of the two Amanaman.

This is the reply I got ...

"Thank you for sending over the images, I’m sorry we wouldn’t be able to issue a replacement until we’ve received the head/arms as.

As soon as possible please safely break off both Arms for Amanaman and the Head of Princess Leia, you will be shipping them to the address below. If you need to break apart the arms further to fit into a small envelope or box, please do so carefully. Once it's been received, we’ll provide a $5 Credit to offset the cost of return shipping and create a replacement order on your account."

So, I would need to decapitate Leia and turn Amanamn into a snail prior to getting any replacements. Most likely I will keep the Leia I got, but Amanaman seems he will lose his limbs and go for a replacement.

Edit #2: I fixed the issue myself with Leia. Using this big magnifying glass I have with a retractable base and a tiny blade, I scrapped off the bumpy/crumby area on her lips. Mixed the blue and red paint several times to achieve the closest color possible, and used a super small brush to touch up the area. It's true what Ben said, it was a very, very small chip so just a few lightly touches with the tip of the brush and she was fixed... sort of. Her lips are not 100% painted but I got them to a point where I don't see the issue. Only using a magnifying glass or zooming in with my camera you would see anything, and usually I don't go around the Star Wars room looking at my collection that way LOL. I sealed the area with a non-glossy sealer to preserve the paint ...

Great job Julian!!!!