LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

Reaction score
Hi, Lobot. New York is like my second hometown. I grew up in Jersey and did my high school there, but worked for Kurst S. Adler's Santa's World in New York for a few years thus I went to The City 5 days a week; my aunt and cousin still work for the same company for 50 years. New Jersey and New York, I have them in my heart. When Sandy the superstorm you mentioned, hit the area I watched in horror what it did to both States. Sad it was for me to see how Jersey's shoreline (Seaside Heights) was pretty much destroyed, a place for which I have so many happy memories. I completely understand the hard times you folks went through. That storm was very destructive, as it was hurricane Andrew in '92 for us here in Miami. And as with every tragic situation there are people that will try to make a quick buck out of it, say gas station jacking up prices. For instance, for us down here during Andrew, there were people with generators that would make ice and charge others $5.00 for a cube. There were people stealing shoes and whatever they could take from stores that were destroyed. I ventured outside and filmed it all. A few blocks from where I now live there were U-Haul trucks turned upside down and at the Homestead Air Base, planes were pretty much tossed around like a deck of cards. I saw the Superstorm you mentioned and I was re-living those hard times and feeling the suffering of you folks up there. But, despite the negative side of it I mentioned, there were others that came out and help their neighbors. We were there doing this, with trees and debris getting it out of the way. It's beautiful to see people come together as a community, and show the goodness in our hearts. It's easier to sit down and do nothing. Requires an effort to stand up and help your neighbor, and it shows you care for others. I commend you for your effort working with the cleanup crews, and distributing MRE packs. That's how we all should be, without distinctions. Help anyone, even those you may not like so much, because it enriches your soul and makes you grow as a human being. Sad to say, but these days it takes a tragic moment to get the good out of some people. If everyone would practice kindness daily, without discriminating influences, this would be a much better world. But again, thank you for taking the time and helping in the recovery effort for your town. That's admirable.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's not about the thanks (which are appreciated none the less) but like you said kind of leveling the playing field. There was gouging here too. No Gas to speak of for the most part, luckily we had great neighbors that treked up to Pennsylvania with trucks and gas cans to get fuel for Generators. I remember the local beach parking lot becoming a recycling center with tvs piled like tires in 30 foot mounds. A few of the churches pooled their resources in order to give folks food and opened their homes for shelter. After all of this people learned quickly that stuff is just stuff, but take care of the people. I just feel for the folks that deal with this constantly. I have many friends and family potentially in the path of this current storm, and if prayers and kind words help at all, its all I can do at the moment. I think i just heard that it is changing paths and damages would be spared for some.... Hope thats the case.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's how it appears to be right now, although anything is possible as it is still a bit away from the state. It is slowing down to 10 mp.h. That's nothing, thus gaining strength. It is reported there are winds of up to 161 m.p.h so it makes it, while not yet official, a category 5 hurricane. It seems to have taken more of an easterly northeast turn, and it seems it will come close enough to the state but not inland... thus it seems. It is now a very possible thread for the Carolinas, and that concerns me also, because of my good friend Ben who lives there.

(Ben, I hope you are taking all the necessary precautions )

The way I see it, yes it is sad to lose your property, your collection, your car. But those are all replaceable material things. What's important is to protect yourself and yours so you can be a survivor, not a fatality. Neighbors will come together one more time; I'm sure. It is part of the human spirit. Even yesterday my neighbor across the street came over and gave me a hand with the hurricane panels, and that felt great. I know he's got my back and I got his, should anything bad happen to us here. I'm a believer, thus I result a lot to praying and asking God to spare not just me here in Miami, but the whole country from this storm. Life is but an experience and whether we get hit or not, all of these are lessons to be learned, and attitudes to be taken to protect ourselves, our loved ones and one another as neighbors helping neighbors. My best wishes go out to Florida, to Chris Wyman, to Hank, to Andrew, to Travis' brother, to any other Floridian here on these boards as well as to your family, to Ben in the Carolinas.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hope the storm misses you guys! My brother is flying out to Orlando tomorrow on vacation.

Reaction score
Hope the storm misses you guys! My brother is flying out to Orlando tomorrow on vacation.
Thank you, Herb. I wouldn't recommend your brother to do that. Everything over there is in preparation for the hurricane as they now have more of a chance to get stronger winds than us in Miami. It's a frenzy as I've seen in the news. Stores running out of water, huge gas lines, etc. Is there a way he could delay his flight say a few days until it passes the state?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree with you Julian, i tend to be more cautious. My brother insists on travelling, all sources and operators are confirming changes to the storm.
Again, i hope the weather brings no harm to anyone and their properties. mtfbwy

Reaction score
It has now maxed out as a category 5 hurricane with winds of 185 m.p.h and 200 m.p.h + within the eye and wind gusts are 220 mph ( wind velocity was updated after picture seen below). The storm is tied for the strongest Atlantic hurricane landfall on record with the 1935 Labor Day hurricane, which ravaged the Florida Keys. Not the best time to travel to Florida, honestly, but I do wish your brother well, and that he has a great time here. Hopefully all attractions, Disney Spring and other entertainment venues remain opened. I do know Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is closed today due to the storm. The Visitor Complex was opened yesterday, but no Kennedy Space Center Bus Tours or Special Interest Tours were available. Also Space Coast Iceplex will close at 4 p.m. Monday, and remain closed Tuesday. Disney Parks still remain open at this time.

The storm's forecast path has shifted slightly to the west for South Florida areas, but remains unchanged for Central Florida (Orlando). If the track stays as it is, Central Florida will feel impacts Tuesday and Wednesday.

Thanks for the good wishes, Herb. Hopefully it will just brush off the coast line, but as the weather forecasters are saying, just a slight shift on its course towards the west could change its whole path, and it is catastrophic anywhere it touches directly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for thinking of me Julian. Honestly, I haven't done much yet in hopes that the storm may take a turn away from us. There's not a lot I can do to protect my home...it's stucco with a LOT of windows and no shutters. If things look bad in a couple of days then I'll start moving my collection out of the SW room and into the hallway which at least doesn't have any windows. Patio furniture will go in the garage. We'll pick up some more canned food and fill our water bottles. Then I just keep my fingers crossed.

Reaction score
Good to hear from you, Ben. Yeah, try moving to the center of the house where no windows or outside doors are present. That should be your safest spot. You have a beautiful collection thus try to protect it as much as possible. I know it has taken years to many of us to amass what we have today, and it could get damaged in a matter of hours if not protected. Unfortunately we have to deal with hurricanes on the East coast as a yearly season from June until November, so it is best to be prepared. Flashlights, batteries, can food, important documents placed in waterproof bags. Best thing to do is not to panic. It is at times like this where people should be more level headed than ever, and just do what is needed. If power goes out an a generator is used, I can't stress enough to do so outside of the house. Every time a storm passes there are reports of people getting hurt, sometimes even losing their lives because of carbon monoxide poisoning or fire. I don't have one, so we'll be using a Sterno stove instead. :). Best to you up there, my friend!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Praying for you all down there in FL. My Brother is in Daytona Beach and he usually brushes these off, but even he is very concerned about this one.

Reaction score
Thanks, Travis. Looks like Miami and Fort Lauderdale are in the clear and trouble starts from West Palm Beach up to the Carolinas. Your brother indeed is likely he will feel more of the winds and weather conditions than us down here in Miami. Although, it is expected for Dorian not to make landfall and be about 70 miles away from the coast, around where your brother resides. Hopefully he's prepared and ready for it, and I wish him the best.

Now I'm seeing that Charleston in South Carolina ( where Ben is ) has been issued a mandatory evacuation for the Charleston County area evacuation zones a, b and c, by governor McMaster, starting tomorrow noon. Not sure if where Ben lives is within those zones. That's about 830,000 to be evacuated. Maybe Ben is able to let us know at a later time. so, best wishes to our friend there as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Julian. Yes, the evacuation order has been issued but most folks around here believe it to be a bit premature. I'm not going anywhere...at least not yet. There is still time for me to do what I need to in order to be ready for this hurricane which is a good thing. Still hopeful that it will weaken and/or blow out to sea.

Reaction score
I saw news about Bahamas. Wish you guys all the best, and I hope you and your families will be safe

Reaction score
I hope this is not one of the storms that creeps all the way up the coast...

Reaction score
Another thing, my wife's good friend is in the Bahamas on vacation and she keeps sending us videos and photos. Clear weather, good surf. I hate to be the one to say the media (as they are known to do) are sensationalizing this, but seeing evidence from her leads me to pray this is not as bad as they have made it out to be.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, Travis. Looks like Miami and Fort Lauderdale are in the clear and trouble starts from West Palm Beach up to the Carolinas. Your brother indeed is likely he will feel more of the winds and weather conditions than us down here in Miami. Although, it is expected for Dorian not to make landfall and be about 70 miles away from the coast, around where your brother resides. Hopefully he's prepared and ready for it, and I wish him the best.

Now I'm seeing that Charleston in South Carolina ( where Ben is ) has been issued a mandatory evacuation for the Charleston County area evacuation zones a, b and c, by governor McMaster, starting tomorrow noon. Not sure if where Ben lives is within those zones. That's about 830,000 to be evacuated. Maybe Ben is able to let us know at a later time. so, best wishes to our friend there as well.
Thanks Julian, my Brother is staying with a friend who has a more secure home. However, his place is very susceptible to damage and he owns lots of those 1UP Arcade games so any wind or rain damage could indeed ruin those for him. I know his life and the lives of others is of the utmost importance, but still I worry his prized collection may get ruined. As collectors, I know we can all understand that.

Reaction score
Thanks Julian, my Brother is staying with a friend who has a more secure home. However, his place is very susceptible to damage and he owns lots of those 1UP Arcade games so any wind or rain damage could indeed ruin those for him. I know his life and the lives of others is of the utmost importance, but still I worry his prized collection may get ruined. As collectors, I know we can all understand that.
My hope is this thing moves more out to sea, away from the coastline. That is one possibility they seem to be talking about more as the days go by. As soon as that center of high pressure moves away, Dorian will find a path to shift more to the northeast, hopefully more offshore. I agree that the media and some appointed officials tend to go a bit overboard sometimes. Like Ben mentioned earlier, I also thought it was a bit premature for a mandated evacuation in Charleston today, so a bit of sensationalism comes into play. Although, it is better to be safe than sorry, you know. I totally understand your concern about your brother's collection. Heck! I packed up mine within sixteen hours straight just stopping to eat and visit the john :)

Speaking of my collection, it will remain packed up until hurricane season is over in November. I just don't want to go through all the unpacking then packing again weeks or a month from now, should another one of these decides to come our way. Feels a little claustrophobic in my Star Wars room with no windows, surrounded by 48 large Hope Depot boxes packed with collectibles, though. But, Amanaman, Cloud City Leia and the Spacetrooper shipping out this week, will have to wait to meet their brother and sister mini busts sometime in November. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
My hope is this thing moves more out to sea, away from the coastline. That is one possibility they seem to be talking about more as the days go by. As soon as that center of high pressure moves away, Dorian will find a path to shift more to the northeast, hopefully more offshore. I agree that the media and some appointed officials tend to go a bit overboard sometimes. Like Ben mentioned earlier, I also thought it was a bit premature for a mandated evacuation in Charleston today, so a bit of sensationalism comes into play. Although, it is better to be safe than sorry, you know. I totally understand your concern about your brother's collection. Heck! I packed up mine within sixteen hours straight just stopping to eat and visit the john :)

Speaking of my collection, it will remain packed up until hurricane season is over in November. I just don't want to go through all the unpacking then packing again weeks or a month from now, should another one of these decides to come our way. Feels a little claustrophobic in my Star Wars room with no windows, surrounded by 48 large Hope Depot boxes packed with collectibles, though. But, Amanaman, Cloud City Leia and the Spacetrooper shipping out this week, will have to wait to meet their brother and sister mini busts sometime in November. :)
Yeah, sucks but like you said better than doing the unpack, repack dance. They are now saying we may get hit with this thing on Friday here, calling it 50%. SIGH...most worthless people in the world, weather forecasters.

Lastly, do you know WHEN the Spacetrooper is shipping out? I got the notice to update my payment (which I did to Paypal), but no ship notice yet. Having a very low bar set for this piece based off what Diamond have produced thus far...

Reaction score
Yeah, sucks but like you said better than doing the unpack, repack dance. They are now saying we may get hit with this thing on Friday here, calling it 50%. SIGH...most worthless people in the world, weather forecasters.

Lastly, do you know WHEN the Spacetrooper is shipping out? I got the notice to update my payment (which I did to Paypal), but no ship notice yet. Having a very low bar set for this piece based off what Diamond have produced thus far...
Forecasting is pretty much a gamble and predictions are made based on computer models. Nature has got the last word as most of the time it is unpredictable. It does help to be notified about whats going on as forecasters do, and be prepared, but nothing is really 100% accurate unless the storm is already on top of you.

I believe they said the Spacetrooper is shipping out this week.This is what the e-mail says:

Three new Premier Guild 2018 Gifts have arrived in our warehouse and are shipping out this week!
Any orders which exclusively contain the following will be departing shortly:

• Space Trooper 1/6 Mini-Bust
  • Princess Leia (Bespin) 1/6 Mini-Bust
  • Amanaman 1/6 Mini-Bust
Anyone who ordered the Bib Fortuna Jumbo Figure, either on its own or with another item, your order will ship in September.
Sincerely,
Gentle Giant Ltd.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just so I can look back in the future and be reminded of what this area of the house turned into while packing up the OT side of my collection because of Hurricane Dorian. :)

* I also took pictures of the entire display prior to putting everything away so three months from now I can see where I had everything placed when I bring it all out again. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, Brad. I guess the adrenaline rush I was having made me pack it all up so fast, yet being careful enough not to break anything. I have to say we were VERY lucky with this hurricane here in Florida. It was like having Godzilla knocking at your door, then slowly giving up and walking away. I do have to say I feel sorry for the folks in The Bahamas where this monster actually came to a stop there for 36 hours ravaging the place. Some sad images I'm seeing on TV of people in communities completely flooded. It really bulldozed the northern Bahamas with wind gusts of up to 220 mph. Efforts have already began here in Miami to help the Bahamians with hurricane relief. My best wishes now to any folks in any place Dorian chooses to come close to or make landfall. Not as strong a storm as it was a few days ago , but still strong enough to cause damage. Yeah, I'll take some pics again in November when I bring it all out again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is a lot of boxes! I like how you have a list of what is inside each box.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Forecasting is pretty much a gamble and predictions are made based on computer models. Nature has got the last word as most of the time it is unpredictable. It does help to be notified about whats going on as forecasters do, and be prepared, but nothing is really 100% accurate unless the storm is already on top of you.

I believe they said the Spacetrooper is shipping out this week.This is what the e-mail says:

Three new Premier Guild 2018 Gifts have arrived in our warehouse and are shipping out this week!
Any orders which exclusively contain the following will be departing shortly:

• Space Trooper 1/6 Mini-Bust
  • Princess Leia (Bespin) 1/6 Mini-Bust
  • Amanaman 1/6 Mini-Bust
Anyone who ordered the Bib Fortuna Jumbo Figure, either on its own or with another item, your order will ship in September.
Sincerely,
Gentle Giant Ltd.
I got my notice it is going to ship as well, plus they charged me the $14 so like Forrest Gump let's see what we get.

Reaction score
That is a lot of boxes! I like how you have a list of what is inside each box.
Thanks, Sergiu. Haha! Yes, lots of boxes. All of those boxes are up in my attic. Since it is not a walk-able area, and I have to pretty much go in it trough a hole in the ceiling, big enough for those boxes to go through one at a time, I actually have to crawl over the rafters like a cat so I don't drop down through the ceiling LOL. I can't even stand up in my attic and I'm just 5' 7", but there's not enough room to do it. It's really a sweating challenge getting in there and bringing those boxes in or out. It makes it a lot easier for me to find whatever box I may need keeping inventory of what's inside each big box with the list on them. Unfortunately houses here in Florida for the most part have no basements nor attics.

I got my notice it is going to ship as well, plus they charged me the $14 so like Forrest Gump let's see what we get.
Awesome! I really hope you get your Spacetrooper in perfect condition, Travis. I know you have been wanting to have this guy in your collection. Hopefully there are no issues with any of them. Mine is also showing "Awaiting Shipment" and I have been charged for it. I guess we will start to find out within a week or so, as people start to receive them, what kind of "chocolate" it turns out to be: a perfect one or a smashed one. :) I really don't trust this cheap Styrofoam trays, and I suspect that's the one they used for all the PGM gifts. Fingers crossed, always keeping in mind Forrest's famous words,

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very true! I am not even opening up the slot on my shelf for the Spacetrooper yet until I see what it looks like. Trepidatious is an understatement for this piece.

Also, seeing your house packed up like that. Wow. Impressive but sucks at the same time.

Reaction score
It sure is Travis. The anxiety, the uncertainty of what condition what you got is going to be in, indeed makes you feel quite uncomfortable. The house? Yeah. There was a mess everywhere so you can imagine for someone being a clean freak as I am how that made me feel. I'm sitting here in my collection room, and I'm itching wanting to get all these boxes out and put everything back on the shelves. Wait until November to do it? Damn! "Control, control. You must learn control" - Once a famous Jedi master said. I need to remember that. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, don't be Anakin but be Obi Wan with your control haha.
Haha! That's right, Travis. I can understand now why my first girlfriend was always telling me the same thing: " Control, control" .... but I think that was something else. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, Sergiu. Haha! Yes, lots of boxes. All of those boxes are up in my attic. Since it is not a walk-able area, and I have to pretty much go in it trough a hole in the ceiling, big enough for those boxes to go through one at a time, I actually have to crawl over the rafters like a cat so I don't drop down through the ceiling LOL. I can't even stand up in my attic and I'm just 5' 7", but there's not enough room to do it. It's really a sweating challenge getting in there and bringing those boxes in or out. It makes it a lot easier for me to find whatever box I may need keeping inventory of what's inside each big box with the list on them. Unfortunately houses here in Florida for the most part have no basements nor attics.
It's good you have the place to store your boxes in the attic, even without being able to walk in there. I also use the attic to store various collection boxes and other things. This way I don't need to throw them away, like some collectors do due to lack of space. No basement here, the house I bought was without. Being a brick and mortar house, it would be difficult to make a basement later on, though I do have a small basement under the garage.

Reaction score
It's good you have the place to store your boxes in the attic, even without being able to walk in there. I also use the attic to store various collection boxes and other things. This way I don't need to throw them away, like some collectors do due to lack of space. No basement here, the house I bought was without. Being a brick and mortar house, it would be difficult to make a basement later on, though I do have a small basement under the garage.
Very true Serg! I have a side room off of my garage that is carpeted, climate controlled where I store my extra boxes and empty moving boxes. It is beyond invaluable.

My last place we had a huge basement. The two places before, I had to use a small office room for boxes. I didn't care for that as much since it was always this odd room with the door closed. People would come over, open it and be like "oh..." haha.

Reaction score
Guys, the problem for me is that those boxes you see in my pictures are the only ones that can go in the attic. My PT collection and Action Fleet, my wife's I love Lucy collection and my son's collection of Amiibos and other Star Wars stuff, I have been forced to rent a storage unit for them. As a matter of fact, I'm actually looking into getting a bigger storage unit to add to it all the OT boxes from my attic. It's getting harder for me each year to climb and crawl inside that attic. It's like an oven up there, temperatures reach way over 100 degrees inside so I sweat like a pig and come down an hour later drenched in sweat feeling like I'm going to pass out. Awful! In all, all boxes together (OT, PT, this and that) there are close to a hundred. I could keep them in my two car garage, but that would make it too crowded and I like having the room to easily park my car in it, room to move around my work bench when working on a project, fixing things, and room for my gardening tools and Christmas decorations. My house is going up for sale next year as we look to get out of this obnoxious, over crowded city, so I guess I've picked up enough practice/training to pack everything up in pretty much a jiffy, thanks to all these hurricanes, for when the move comes. LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the Ahsoka mini bust I got for my son from Entertainment Earth. Compared to the crappy paint job and weak rifle barrel of the McQuarrie Sandtrooper I received last month, this one is a work of art. Paint job is great, no color bleeding, details are sharp, all good. Other than the crappy Styrofoam tray it was packed in where part of the bust was coming through and the generic looking bottom of the base, it is a really beautiful sculpt. My son loves it and it is now part of his "eclectic" collection of Amiibos, Spiderman, Legos, comic books, college books and anything else he can fit in that room. ( Sorry, son. You know I love you, but that room ...hmm! ) LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
Glad you got a good one, Julian. After the disappointment of the McSandy, seems like GG is on a roll...Ahsoka, Bespin Leia, Amanaman, Spacetrooper all seem to be winners!