LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

Reaction score
This is getting boring with no new GG product to talk about other than defective McQuarrie Sandtroopers. I think I'll look into any other product (Star Wars related) I worked on in the past, and post about it here. Maybe M & M's Empire :) ... if I can find those pictures I did like ten years ago.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is getting boring with no new GG product to talk about other than defective McQuarrie Sandtroopers. I think I'll look into any other product (Star Wars related) I worked on in the past, and post about it here. Maybe M & M's Empire :) ... if I can find those pictures I did like ten years ago.
That would be cool, all the past SW items are awesome to discuss and revisit.

Reaction score
Julian, are you going to exchange the replacement McQuarrie Sandie bust you received?
Hi Sergiu. That one I'm keeping. Got tired of cutting off heads and going through the whole exchange process. It is obvious most of these are having issues, so I'll just keep this other one and put this whole thing behind me. Unfortunately, it is what it is.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Trav. Yeah, sometimes when there is not much to collect as far as my main focus, I venture into other collectibles, just to keep "the feeling going". :) I found the pictures for the M&M's figures, but I'm working on erasing the logo from the site I made them for. They are no longer operational but still, they are my pictures so. :) I'll try posting them later.

Reaction score
Hi Trav. Yeah, sometimes when there is not much to collect as far as my main focus, I venture into other collectibles, just to keep "the feeling going". :) I found the pictures for the M&M's figures, but I'm working on erasing the logo from the site I made them for. They are no longer operational but still, they are my pictures so. :) I'll try posting them later.
LOL, I gotcha. I know as a fellow artist when I created something I feel it is MY intellectual property, even if it was paid and created for by someone else. Because, in the end it is.

Reaction score
Hi Sergiu. That one I'm keeping. Got tired of cutting off heads and going through the whole exchange process. It is obvious most of these are having issues, so I'll just keep this other one and put this whole thing behind me. Unfortunately, it is what it is.
It doesn't have the issues of the first one, IMO this only has very minor issues, so it may be indeed better keeping it than trying once again for a replacement, which could be worse. Waiting to see it on display on your shelves :)

Reaction score
It doesn't have the issues of the first one, IMO this only has very minor issues, so it may be indeed better keeping it than trying once again for a replacement, which could be worse. Waiting to see it on display on your shelves :)
Yeah. I agree it is a better sample than my previous one, hence why I'm keeping it. Still not free from some issues that shouldn't be there considering in order to get this I had to pay $150.00 for the membership then another $135.00 with shipping for the bust. Maybe I'm too picky , but I feel these things should have no issues at all considering the amount spent to get to them. But yeah, this one's a keeper and I'm sending the headless one, free of charge, to someone that's building a head for it with a 3D printer a few towns away from me here in Florida.

Here is the section on my shelves I have set aside for McQuarrie mini busts, and those shiny mini busts and helmet as well...

Reaction score
LOL, I gotcha. I know as a fellow artist when I created something I feel it is MY intellectual property, even if it was paid and created for by someone else. Because, in the end it is.
Exactly my thinking. Every time I see in pictures shirts with a certain logo I created being worn by personalities like Steve Sansweet, and sold at conventions for a profit and I never received a dime for it :mad:. Same as with one of my complete visual guides when it was given to another website that gave credit to another person for it instead of me:mad:. I'll just leave it at that. I've turned the page on a lot of mistakes and unpleasant memories.

I've got this one coming up soon, Trav. Daily life got in the way yesterday, and I'm just finishing it up now :)

Last edited:
Reaction score

As an official promotional partner for the May 19, 2005 release of the final Pre-Trilogy Star Wars film: Revenge of the Sith on movie screens, Masterfoods USA and Lucasfilm Ltd. joined forces and engaged fans with the ultimate inter-galactic adventure. The promotion was supported with a full-scale media effort, including national broadcast, print and online advertising, public relations, interactive media, in-store displays and a NASCAR partnership. The highlight of the promotion was the world debut in April of '05 of M&M's Chocolate Candies in dark chocolate. Wrapped around the chocolate core were color mixes that represented different sides of the Force: lighter colors around milk chocolate represented the light side-following Jedi, and darker colors with dark chocolate centers represented the dark side-loving Sith. M&M's Dark Chocolate Candies were only available for a limited time and sold out very quickly, and were not available for purchase via the Internet nor directly from the maker.The product was made available again at the end of September through November 2005. As in the Spring, it was made available in limited quantities at Target, Walmart and Kroger.

The campaign was dubbed "Star Wars Chocolate M-Pire", a nice play on words. For the first time ever, and for those of us more interested in the "plastic" aspect of it rather than the tasteful chocolate itself, those colorful little chocolate candies that melt in your mouth got dressed up as Star Wars characters in all their chocolate glory, made into action figures and Plush toys and distributed by Hasbro, bringing to the collecting scene the Star Wars heroes and adversaries as engaging M&M brand characters. These figures captured the signature looks that have made the characters of both properties instantly recognized and cherished by their respective fans; a distinctive addition to anyone's collection. Walmart was the easiest place for all of these to be found, selling for $6.88 each..

Made of two different waves and sold as 2-packs, these were the characters available and the ones I'm highlighting here through pictures, plus some of the plush toys

1st Wave

- Chewbacca & Mace Windu ( M-Bacca & M-Ace )
- General Grievous & Obi-Wan ( M-Grievous & M-Obi-Wan )
- Clone Trooper & Vader ( M-Trooper & M-Vader )
- Emperor Palpatine & Anakin ( M-Peror & M-Anakin )

2nd Wave

- Queen Amidala & C-3PO with R2D2 ( M-Adala & M-3PO with M-2D2)
- Darth Maul & Count Dooku ( M-Ooku & M-Aul )
- Han Solo & Bobba Fett ( M-Solo & Bobba M-Ett )
- Luke & Leia. ( M-Uke & M-Eia )

In an attempt to match the shape of an M&M candy, and serving as well as the shape of their Death Star backdrop, the figures were placed in circular card backs, protected by a standard clear blister with a J-hook to hang from the pegs. I would say the whole presentation of the package was quite appealing, exhibiting nice graphics of the figures on the front and back of the cards with their corresponding names.

While paint application was not at all the best, with plenty of color bleeding, the figures make up for this issue thanks to their whimsical/cartoonish sculpting, although being pretty much PVC pieces rather than action figures, since they are not articulated, save only two of them having very limited movement. Overall one can tell these were mainly geared towards kids than the average adult collector. Nonetheless if you like to incur every now and then into something breaking away from the ordinary, I'm sure these are attractive enough to have them added to your collection, mainly as novelty pieces and nostalgic ones as the years go by.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Star Wars Chocolate Mpire Wave 2

Last edited:
Reaction score
Star Wars Chocolate Mpire Plush Toys ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Star Wars Chocolate Mpire: Extra stuff

THE END :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah. I agree it is a better sample than my previous one, hence why I'm keeping it. Still not free from some issues that shouldn't be there considering in order to get this I had to pay $150.00 for the membership then another $135.00 with shipping for the bust. Maybe I'm too picky , but I feel these things should have no issues at all considering the amount spent to get to them. But yeah, this one's a keeper and I'm sending the headless one, free of charge, to someone that's building a head for it with a 3D printer a few towns away from me here in Florida.

Here is the section on my shelves I have set aside for McQuarrie mini busts, and those shiny mini busts and helmet as well...

Great McQuarrie shelf there! And I like the Sandies too, the Kotos and especially the Riddell/MR Custom Sandtrooper

Reaction score
Thanks, Sergiu. I've been fortunate enough to get to all the McQuarrie mini busts ( Luke especially) without any ordering issues, except for the Han Solo one which I won on a raffle at Celebration in 2017, as it had sold out online. Hopefully the line will continue with an emphasis on the quality of the product.

The Koto Sandtroopers are the 1/7 scale I re-weathered myself. If you look at the foot of the Sandtrooper closest to the edge of the picture, you can spot the tip of the desert rose from Tunisia that you sent me.

The GG Sandtrooper mini busts are among my favorite GG releases. The black pauldron one I bought it years ago directly from GG during Celebration III in Indianapolis. The silver and gold one to the left of the picture I don't even want to know how much it was; I know they are very expensive when they rarely come up for bids on Ebay. It was a gift from my wife a couple of Christmas ago.

The Riddell Sandtrooper helmet was a Stormtrooper one I had since the initial release of the Line. It had turned a bit yellow on the top of the dome being so close to a light source above my display unit, before I got LED lighting. So I figured it was an opportunity to weather it and give it the Sandtrooper look :). The Stormtrooper helmet next to it was the replacement I bought from Ebay.

Last edited:
Reaction score
BTW have you seen the RS Prop Masters Hero Stormtrooper helmet offering? I posted a link in the Fan made props section.

Reaction score
I have. Everything that RS produces is fantastic. I mean it does not get any closer to the actual movie props than what they put out. If only I had the space on my shelves for more 1:1 helmets I certainly would have been buying more of these great releases from them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Exactly my thinking. Every time I see in pictures shirts with a certain logo I created being worn by personalities like Steve Sansweet, and sold at conventions for a profit and I never received a dime for it :mad:. Same as with one of my complete visual guides when it was given to another website that gave credit to another person for it instead of me:mad:. I'll just leave it at that. I've turned the page on a lot of mistakes and unpleasant memories.

I've got this one coming up soon, Trav. Daily life got in the way yesterday, and I'm just finishing it up now :)
I feel ya. Pro Football HOF poster designs, Avengers cartoon in the mid 2000s, even a certain comic character all have been stolen from me as well :(

Reaction score

EVERY TIME I see your collection...wow! Spectacular my friend! I especially love those mini helmets on the bottom :).

Reaction score
Also, love all the M-Pire stuff. I recall when it all came out too. ROTS was IMO to this day one of the best SW movies ever made, and the promos for it were second to none. I had boxes of uneaten lava Mustafar Vader Pop Tarts, because they were so cool. The toy lines, the packaging...again just a great time. Most of the books I still have and magazines I kept from all those years are from ROTS timeframe.

Never was a huge fan of the M&M line, as I think it reminds me too much of the blatant '80s cartoons based off toy lines (in this case hawking a candy line to sell figures). That being said, Boba Fett still looks pretty sweet haha.

Reaction score
EVERY TIME I see your collection...wow! Spectacular my friend! I especially love those mini helmets on the bottom :).
Thank you for your kind words, Travis. I love the mini helmets. As you know I basically collect only OT, but I still display all the mini helmets that were produced. On the other wall I have all the other ones from the PT and a couple of custom ones from the Force Unleashed game. such a great space saving idea with so much detail. It's a shame GG never did nothing with the license after getting it from Master Replicas and DST has no interest to produce them.

I feel ya. Pro Football HOF poster designs, Avengers cartoon in the mid 2000s, even a certain comic character all have been stolen from me as well :(
It sucks , doesn't it? But as the saying goes ... what goes around, comes around.

Reaction score
Also, love all the M-Pire stuff. I recall when it all came out too. ROTS was IMO to this day one of the best SW movies ever made, and the promos for it were second to none. I had boxes of uneaten lava Mustafar Vader Pop Tarts, because they were so cool. The toy lines, the packaging...again just a great time. Most of the books I still have and magazines I kept from all those years are from ROTS timeframe.

Never was a huge fan of the M&M line, as I think it reminds me too much of the blatant '80s cartoons based off toy lines (in this case hawking a candy line to sell figures). That being said, Boba Fett still looks pretty sweet haha.
All the promotion for the PT movies was incredible. Gee! all the promotion through Burger King, Taco Bell, etc, etc. There was a lot of excitement going around those days for the films. I don't see much of that these days. I hear you about the M&M's. At the time I built that visual guide I was pretty much looking for "weird" stuff to record other than the regular mini busts and action figures, so the M&M's were perfect for that purpose. I think I still have a sealed M&M's set of somewhere in my storage unit, but I also think I sold them all with my complete Hasbro collection ... I'm not sure. One of these days I'll add here all of the BK toys i also built a guide for. That was a huge promotion as well.

Reaction score
All the promotion for the PT movies was incredible. Gee! all the promotion through Burger King, Taco Bell, etc, etc. There was a lot of excitement going around those days for the films. I don't see much of that these days. I hear you about the M&M's. At the time I built that visual guide I was pretty much looking for "weird" stuff to record other than the regular mini busts and action figures, so the M&M's were perfect for that purpose. I think I still have a sealed M&M's set of somewhere in my storage unit, but I also think I sold them all with my complete Hasbro collection ... I'm not sure. One of these days I'll add here all of the BK toys i also built a guide for. That was a huge promotion as well.

The BK glasses, cards in the OT were so epic! Also, the Taco Bell toys for the Special Editions, prequels were just great as well. Like you said, it added to the buzz and excitement!!

Reaction score
BTW, I got the email about the Spacetrooper and made sure to update my card for the whopping $14 in shipping. SOOOOO....guess we shall see what we get.

Reaction score
The Spacetrooper is a very cool niche item, glad to see Hot Toys releasing it, and now GG. His unique backpack, despite being partially created from imagination by HT and GG, makes this piece quite beautiful and different.

Reaction score
The Spacetrooper is a very cool niche item, glad to see Hot Toys releasing it, and now GG. His unique backpack, despite being partially created from imagination by HT and GG, makes this piece quite beautiful and different.
Agreed Serg! Though shown for a brief moment in the OT, I too am glad they detailed this out and are releasing it. This is to me, an OT item and a trooper so an easy buy. Now what Diamond gives us is another story entirely...

Reaction score
Interesting how Joe Johnston was the one wearing the only one Spacetrooper suit they had for that short moment of filming. They had to split the screen in half and use Johnston twice for the two Spacetroopers we see. They had two Spacetrooper suits, but one of them was stolen prior to that 3 second clip.

I ordered all three mini busts so I have to pay about $143.00 since I had to pay for one of them. I'm just glad they are here and hope they present no issues. The Sandtrooper was enough, really.

Reaction score
Interesting how Joe Johnston was the one wearing the only one Spacetrooper suit they had for that short moment of filming. They had to split the screen in half and use Johnston twice for the two Spacetroopers we see. They had two Spacetrooper suits, but one of them was stolen prior to that 3 second clip.

I ordered all three mini busts so I have to pay about $143.00 since I had to pay for one of them. I'm just glad they are here and hope they present no issues. The Sandtrooper was enough, really.
I doubt this, but if it looks like the promo shots then I would be thrilled. That being said, my bar is pretty low right now for Diamond. They can feel free to prove me wrong and make me eat crow.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Understandable to feel that way, Travis. I think anyone right now (whether some of us choose to admit it or not), is feeling a bit hesitant. I'm assuming these were placed in that weak Styrofoam tray, so we'll have to see whether the packaging has affected the staff for Amanaman and/or the blaster for the Spacetrooper, as it was the case with the McQuarrie Sandtrooper. Let's hope for the best but always with a bit of reservation, at least until our own samples arrive.

Last edited:
Reaction score

It is now 2:30 in the morning and here I am at Wal-Mart picking up can food, Sterno and other needed provisions should this hurricane hit us directly as forecasters are predicting, and we lose power or worse. Tomorrow morning I'll be putting up all hurricane panels, and Friday I'll be packing up my entire collection again.

Who said Florida is just beaches and sun? Almost every year is this cycle. It's like Groundhog Day, the movie.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, folks. I truly appreciate your moral support. Not a chance for this one to take a turn, though. There's a center of high pressure that's keeping it south, towards Florida and most likely over Miami and Fort Lauderdale. The governor is about to declare all 67 Florida counties in state of emergency. It is predicted it will now strengthen after going over the Bahamas, to a category 4 when in reaches the Florida coast because of the warm conditions of the waters as well. It's been so hot here in the last few days. I walk daily at the Club House, and you can't even see a tree leaf moving; no wind just heat. All the weather conditions are perfect for this guy to become the huge storm it is said it will be.. Right now I'm in the middle of packing up my entire collection, and I've got a huge headache. Well, back to my packing then putting up hurricane panels, which is really a pain in the butt. Funny thing is I ordered accordion shutters last week but they won't be ready until two weeks from now. So, we'll have to ride this storm using these screw on panels that weight a ton.

GG , if you somehow end up reading my writing here, do not send, I repeat do not send my PGM gifts until this thing has passed. If it hit us as hard as they say it will, we'll be out of power for weeks, trees on the road, huge damage so who knows what my Post Office ( known for losing my stuff under good weather conditions) will do with my parcel under massive hurricane destruction.

Folks, I know some of you have written to me and I apologize fior not getting back to you at the moment. I'll do so once this thing has passed. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hope you and your family (and your collection!) stay safe lightsword.

I can't believe you pack it away, that's dedication.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, folks. I've literally just finished boarding up the entire house with hurricane panels. This is such a time consuming thing to do. So many bolts to turn, so many heavy panels to lift and set in place... under the sun ... being so hot. That's why I've already ordered accordion hurricane shutters which I can open and close in ten minutes for the entire house every time a hurricane preparedness warning comes around. A bit pricey, but worth their price. Hopefully this thing won't hit us too hard... hopefully. The roof is now the one vulnerable point, but there's nothing to protect roof tiles yet :)

Yesterday I packed up my entire collection piece by piece, back into their original boxes, then inside plastic-lined home depot boxes and protected to avoid any water damage as much as possible. It took me over 16 hours to finish it. So happy I'm only displaying the OT part of my collection. Would have taken me much longer if I had the PT displayed as well. I've done my part. I'm extremely tired and I just want these days to go fast, faster than the hurricane which is actually moving rather slow. Should be starting to feel hurricane winds Monday night. Thanks again for caring, guys.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I live in Ny and a few years ago the entire south shore of Long Island was decimated in a superstorm. No power for 2 weeks. Mind you this was October...so no heat either. Flooding was horrible most people lost their car and home. The south shore was under Marshal Law.Armed Marines in hummers patroling... The guy that lived across the street who was a high ranking Marine asked me to help distribute MRE packs and teach people how to make them. Complete strangers broke down in my arms crying. I also worked on the cleanup crews. Peoples memories littered the streets. This changed my perception of life. I know how devistating this sort of thing can become. So i applaud you for taking every precaution to minimize damage and keep your family safe. Praying for everyone in Florida.