Life-Size Jumbo Vintage Kenner Stormtrooper Statue

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the pics. I think it looks great. I'm hoping I can find a good deal on the Fett down the road.

Reaction score
How sturdy is it once assembled and what holds the limbs in place?
It's very sturdy. Though the arms are too heavy to stay up. If you look closely at the leg pictures, they have pins, and the pins have a notch, like what holds a socket on a ratchet. The hole in the body to connect the arms looks like a key hole, the peg on the arm slides into the hole then down.

Reaction score
I do have to ask, is the blaster removable? Also, how was it packaged? This is like put a down payment on a car. No thank you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If Gentle Giant was smart, they'd sell that blaster separately too. I'm sure there's several vintage fans that would love to have a 1:1 scale version of the vintage Imperial blaster. It would be a unique collectible.

Reaction score
If Gentle Giant was smart, they'd sell that blaster separately too. I'm sure there's several vintage fans that would love to have a 1:1 scale version of the vintage Imperial blaster. It would be a unique collectible.
That would be great for everyone who wanted one, but do you think it's out of their licensing agreement, not that I know what they're licensed to produce? But wouldn't that be considered a prop?

Reaction score
A prop replica of what? It barely resembles the actual blaster weapons from the films. If Gentle Giant could produce larger scale versions of Han's blaster and the Imperial blaster as promotional keychains, then surely they could offer even bigger scale versions of those as 1:1 scale collectibles.

Reaction score
Well it's very convenient as far as shipping goes if you can buy one locally. And the price is a nice markdown compared to the original $2300 price.

But the real question is... why does Sam's Club have these? Did GG overestimate the demand for this line and have to dump leftover stock to a retail outlet?

Last edited:

Dax

Reaction score
Perhaps yes but the more innocent explanation is, it's Christmas and these days people are inclined to splash out and reward themselves after a tough year. When it comes to selling things to people there is nothing more powerful than having the item there in your hands. Sure, internet shopping is super convenient, but how much harder is it to decide consciously not to purchase something when it is right there in your hands? Chances are that the combination of being able to take it home immediately (if you have a vehicle capable of carrying a coffin shaped object that is) and the discount off the regular price would help sell a number of extra units.

Can you imagine some rich guy walking in and saying "I'll take 6 of those. My front yard nativity scene is going to be frickin awesome this year!" :)

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an edition size for the Stormtrooper or the other Life Size Kenner Monuments?

Thanks

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
A few R2s were made. At Celebration, the packing crate for the R2 monument said 1 of 50. I do not know if all 50 were made though.

Mike

Reaction score
I have been hoping they would make a Jawa, but I am not holding my breath.

These are a real niche collectibles, and I totally get why lots of people think they're stupid, but I see those Kenner figures as mini works of art, so I love them in life size.

I only have the R2, and I joined the guild solely for the discount on him

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have been hoping they would make a Jawa, but I am not holding my breath.

These are a real niche collectibles, and I totally get why lots of people think they're stupid, but I see those Kenner figures as mini works of art, so I love them in life size.

I only have the R2, and I joined the guild solely for the discount on him
Question EJ, how are the graphics applied on yours? It is a big sticker, or they silkscreened onto the body? Just curious. Thanks!

Reaction score
It is a decal. At least the one on display at Celebration was.

I was told by a few folks this piece was cancelled. Guess not. I'd grab one, but only at the $700 to $800 price point. Not the ridiculous amount they are wanting.

Reaction score
Question EJ, how are the graphics applied on yours? It is a big sticker, or they silkscreened onto the body? Just curious. Thanks!
Yup, it's a big old' decal. Also, when you turn the head, it still clicks, only now it's loud as hell and sounds like grinding metal. Still, I love it so, he sits in my living room because he won't fit through the door to the basement, lol. I will try to post pics, if I can figure out how to post here

Last edited:
Reaction score
Interesting - I didn't think they ever got made and released. EmperorJeff - did you actually place an order, or did you obtain it some other way - meaning, purchasing the convention display model?
He mentioned joining the...." guild solely for the discount on him "

Reaction score
Interesting - I didn't think they ever got made and released. EmperorJeff - did you actually place an order, or did you obtain it some other way - meaning, purchasing the convention display model?
Yup, I placed an order through GG

Dax

Reaction score
Damn, that's a sweet looking Artoo! At a better price point I'd love one, but I can't justify that price at all.

Reaction score
I initially hoped these supersized Kenner figures (which seemed very overpriced), would not sell well and get deeply discounted in the future. Clearly that didn't happen. Still cool that they got made.

Reaction score
I'll admit that I was shocked when R2 ended up costing more than the earlier figures, but how much did people expect these to cost? Sideshow's lifesize Yoda is $2,499, K-2SO is $8,900, their R2 is $7,450. That's way more than Gentle Giant's (as well they should as they are way more detailed and are life like replicas), however if you are talking life size pieces, they are going to be pricy regardless.

Reaction score
I love these... have all of them in my shop in San Antonio... and have a Fett in my home office. Would love to add the Stormtrooper to my line-up at home.

Luke or Yak Face would have been cool additions... I can only dream. Now that Diamond Comics owns GG... fear we will not see these larger format offerings from them. :(

Reaction score
I love these... have all of them in my shop in San Antonio... and have a Fett in my home office. Would love to add the Stormtrooper to my line-up at home.

Luke or Yak Face would have been cool additions... I can only dream. Now that Diamond Comics owns GG... fear we will not see these larger format offerings from them. :(
Amazing - awesome collection.

Reaction score

Awesome, thanks for sharing!