Life-Size Jumbo Vintage Kenner Stormtrooper Statue

Reaction score
This just ain't worth 2300, it's no where close to the detail and quality of an SSC lifesize and perhaps the easiest paint app of all time and yet it's still not correct.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know they really don't care much as they're clearly still making money, but GG lost my interest years ago. Their attitude can be summed up with an interaction I had way back at the celebration in LA. I was excited to meet and talk to their employees. I told them how much I enjoyed my dewback statue and they tried to pitch me on a life size yoda statue. It was nice, but I declined and thanked them for the offer, but I didn't even get a few steps out of what I guess they thought was hearing range before they started making fun of me. I didn't get it. I wasn't any different than thousands that had passed through, but it told me something about them. They just didn't care about their customer. In fact, were likely laughing at us all the way to the bank. So, go ahead GG, charge as much as you want. You're right, someone will pony up the dollars. Sadly, it's this kind of thing that makes our hobby an embarrassment. It goes from something pretty dang cool to something incredibly stupid once someone learns what it costs. $2300 for this piece of garbage statue. And you're fooling yourselves if you think their production/franchise costs justify the price. Way to pick 'em, Lucas. :|

Reaction score
The price for this thing is simply crazy. There are so many other cool things you could do/buy with this money...

Reaction score
I don't think the price is that bad. I was certainly expecting it to be higher. Not that interested in the Stormtrooper, but it would be hard to say no to a Fett at this price.

Reaction score
This piece belongs only to the ones who obsess over the original 3.75" only.. so many better figures they could have chose from. And, I agree, GG sculpts generally look cheap. Not for this little black duck.. good luck to anyone with vested interest all the same.. B)

Reaction score
$2,300 is a joke. EFX's complete replica armor is going to be at this price or likely less. Why would anyone pay that much for a giant hollow figure, when you can get film accurate armor with helmet and a mannequin for that price or less?

Rex Monument was $1400. How the heck do they get to $2,300 for this?

I think GG is losing their marbles with pricing lately. The Fett Maquette, increasing prices on the 12" vintage and now this. I thought they claimed it was going to be a mass-market release similar to their other items in terms of price, edition size and availability at retailers. I can't see retailers stocking extras of these at such a high price point.

Reaction score
$2,300 is a joke. EFX's complete replica armor is going to be at this price or likely less. Why would anyone pay that much for a giant hollow figure, when you can get film accurate armor with helmet and a mannequin for that price or less?

Rex Monument was $1400. How the heck do they get to $2,300 for this?

I think GG is losing their marbles with pricing lately. The Fett Maquette, increasing prices on the 12" vintage and now this. I thought they claimed it was going to be a mass-market release similar to their other items in terms of price, edition size and availability at retailers. I can't see retailers stocking extras of these at such a high price point.
always remember ..." fools and their money are so separated " . The " keeping up with the jones " syndrome will happened and people will buy one to photograph just to say they have it. People are stupid at times.

-James

GGC

Reaction score
It’s priced right about where I thought it would be. I thought about $2,000 or so and figuring they are offering Free Shipping which will could be around $200-$300 if it goes freight coast to coast. For all the people commenting “who would pay that much” – I think you will find that a fair amount of people will. I also collect 12” Hot Toys figures and some sell on a regular basis on the secondary market for over $1,000 and that’s for a 12” figure.

This is not going to be for everyone, I think the target audience is the high end collectors and if you collect higher end items, this is just par for the course. I personally think people who pay thousands of dollars for mass produced prints of actual artwork are a little crazy but if that’s what they collect and they can afford, who I am to tell them otherwise – They also think I am crazy trying to be a GG completest (outside of the monuments and bronze) but to each his own.

I don’t think they will sell 1,000 of them, but a few hundred would be my guess at least. I know Sansweet will get one!

Reaction score
Is the life size Stormtrooper going to be carded? I would hate to see how big the packaging is going to be for this big boy.I really would like to have just the blaster. I know that sound strange.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love how a few naive people were speculating this would be priced at $1000 or less. :rolleyes:

I bet the production run for these is VERY small, because the number of fools paying $2300 for it are very limited.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love how a few naive people were speculating this would be priced at $1000 or less. :rolleyes:

I bet the production run for these is VERY small, because the number of fools paying $2300 for it are very limited.
No reason to start the name calling. If you don't like it or can't afford it, don't knock the collectors who do and can. I'm not gritting it, too much for my blood, but I'm envious of those that do get this. If this were around $1000, I'd be getting one.

Reaction score
Cool factor yes, can't afford it even if I wanted too... I whole heartedly agree jedieddy, different strokes for different folks!

GGC

Reaction score
Is the life size Stormtrooper going to be carded?
Nope.

I would hate to see how big the packaging is going to be for this big boy.
Should not be too bad, I am working on an article now after a chat with GG today with some more details. Will post soon.

I really would like to have just the blaster. I know that sound strange.
It will be separate so if may be possible someone who plans to displays it without the blaster would sell it to help off-set the cost. Never know.

That's just your opinion and it's pretty rude to call collectors who are looking forward to this fools. For those of us that wanted this, we have known the price since SDCC when they said in the QnA it would be $1500-$2500 so it was no shock when it announced at $2300 with Free Shipping at GG's site.

Last edited:

GGC

Reaction score
Via Yodasnews.com:

- He does not come assembled, however is very easy to assemble.
- Parts will be: Torso with head, 2 arms, 2 legs, 1 steel round base that has two steel rods that you slide the legs over
- Gun is separate (but included with purchase)
- Dimensions are 6’(H) 26”(D) 4”(W)
- He will be sold wide release at GentleGiantLTD.com and at other Gentle Giant approved dealers

Reaction score
For those of us that wanted this, we have known the price since SDCC when they said in the QnA it would be $1500-$2500 so it was no shock when it announced at $2300 with Free Shipping at GG's site.
This free shipping is only for US based customers ...

Reaction score
Hmmm if it is shipping with legs and arms not attached, then it should fit in a UPS-able box. But so many retailers are doing freight shipping for this. Very confusing.

GGC

Reaction score
Hmmm if it is shipping with legs and arms not attached, then it should fit in a UPS-able box. But so many retailers are doing freight shipping for this. Very confusing.
My guess is that they are looking at the dimensions and size that are on the GG sale sheets (6'x26"x4") and factoring that in.

With it so far off, my guess it once GG has the shipping boxes done (if they end up doing it in boxes), it will update the retailers with actual sizes and go from there.

With the R2 monument it shipped in 2 big boxes and you could get it UPS. But even un-assembled it may end up shipping in one large crate and not boxed so it would still need to go freight I would think.

GNT

Reaction score
Via Yodasnews.com:

- He does not come assembled, however is very easy to assemble.
- Parts will be: Torso with head, 2 arms, 2 legs, 1 steel round base that has two steel rods that you slide the legs over
- Gun is separate (but included with purchase)
- Dimensions are 6’(H) 26”(D) 4”(W)
- He will be sold wide release at GentleGiantLTD.com and at other Gentle Giant approved dealers
So will he yellow like the real vintage figure?

Reaction score
Is BBTS selling this thing? Would be funny to have it in your Pile of Loot and then have this monstrosity ship with a couple of tiny little action figures you had in your Pile too. :)

Reaction score
Is BBTS selling this thing? Would be funny to have it in your Pile of Loot and then have this monstrosity ship with a couple of tiny little action figures you had in your Pile too. :)
They could even pour a lot of little things inside of the big statue

Reaction score
If a scummer buys this big boy.Pictures has to be taken.I could imagine a huge cardback for this guy as well has the bubble. ;)