Life-Size Jumbo Vintage Kenner Stormtrooper Statue

Reaction score
I didn't anticipate that this would be an actual series. Pretty cool, but I don't think there is any way I'd be able to afford one if the price is over $500.

Reaction score
I seriously am drooling at the thought of a vintage life sized Boba Fett figure....I'm so in on this one!

GGC

Reaction score
I didn't anticipate that this would be an actual series. Pretty cool, but I don't think there is any way I'd be able to afford one if the price is over $500.
The plan is start with 4-6 so it very well may be if they sell well.

Reaction score
Would love to have one but I think the price is going to be at least $1000

Reaction score
This is hilarious! And cool at the same time. No way I would get one though

Reaction score
LOL, GG are certainly looking outside the box, maybe next we will have a double life size one lol.

Im tipping this will retail for $999, but would not surprise me if its 1-2k.

Not something i will buy, but i'll really enjoy and be happy for the guys that can afford and have the room for one of these beasts.

Reaction score
BTW is the brow trim on this one also wrong like on the Jumbo version?

Reaction score
Yeah these are going to be super expensive. No way they'll be under $1000. They aren't just scaled up Jumbo figures. The first post said they are made of fiberglass, which sounds pricey to my ears. That said, if I were rich I would populate my basement game room and bar with all the lifesize cantina aliens I could afford. ;) That would be sweet!

Dax

Reaction score
OK, I never saw that coming! I think these definitely fall into the cool but crazy category. I think a life size blasters line would be kinda cool, relatively inexpensive to produce and wouldn't fall foul of gun control laws here in Australia.

As for the statues, as they are fibreglass I expect these would retail for somewhere around $2,500 to $3,000 each although I wouldn't be surprised to see them sell for more. I expect they would be a very limited run and how much was the old fibreglass Han in Carbonite statue?

I don't think the human characters would work very well as their features already look average blown up to 12" scale let alone life size. Vader (that better be a double telescoping sabre), Stormy, Fett, Artoo, Threepio and maybe a vinyl cape Jawa would be OK. Throw in a Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise maybe but I really can't see enough interest for even iconic characters like the Cantina four. I guess we'll see.

Reaction score
I too would have preferred a 12 inch Kenner style blaster as well.Yeah,don't have the funds or the space for these.

Reaction score
Now that's an action figure! No place for it here neither.. sadly :'(

But I reckon i'd find a place for Boba... would be like winning the lottery!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Curious why you wouldn't make them out of plastic with some limited assembly required to make it easier to sell, ship, and receive. I mean just the fact they say it will come assembled means some outrageous shipping charges even in the US. And then to make it out of fiberglass vs. a light plastic inflates the cost which limits the market.

I mean selling anything lifesize is already limiting your market since most people have space issues... making it a big heavy item that has to ship in a coffin sized box limits that much much much more.

Curious if, in the end, the intent is to just sell a small few and therefore the size/cost issues aren't a big deal, i.e. maybe they only want to sell 20 or less. But I do think they're short-changing themselves in that a lot more people would buy a lifesize figure if it was $1,000 or less and would come in a more managable shipping container. (Of course they know this - which makes me think it's not a market they want to be in and these are just a very very very limited special offering more for the wow factor and marketing than anything).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd love a Fett at this size. Would be great if Gentle Giant offered a payment plan option like Sideshow.

Reaction score
Would this be the worlds largest action figure?

Or is it not an action figure any more?

Reaction score
I think selling these pre-assembled is the wrong way to go. Surely there would be a way to disassemble them at the hips and ship them in a package half the size???

The 'human' figures would be much too large for me to own, but I MIGHT be able to pick up an R2, depending on the price. I'd really love it if R2's head were removable, so you could use him as storage.

I'm also hoping to see the scaled-up weapons available individually, perhaps on their own blister cards. I've left a comment saying such on GG's Facebook page, and I encourage you to do the same!

Reaction score
My wife gave the go ahead for one for my son in lieu of a 3rd bday party out so I'm in for one -

Now it's a matter of which one

Reaction score
My wife gave the go ahead for one for my son in lieu of a 3rd bday party out so I'm in for one -

Now it's a matter of which one
LOL, Lucky boy, any chance you might adopt me? i could be your 2nd son from Australia :)

Reaction score
A couple Emperor's Royal Guards would be pretty cool, especially on either side of an Emperor's throne replica. :)

Actually, I would be down for Yoda if he's not too expensive.

Reaction score
If it is under $1000 I will buy one. I can not see these going for the same price as the life size FX replicas. I was thinking it might be hard to tell the wife I got one of these instead of getting the kids braces.

Reaction score
I was just poking around GG site and saw the monuments they made. R2 went for $1200 and free domestic shipping so Im thinking $800 - $1200 tops.

Reaction score
...and they still can't paint the brow correctly.

Pitiful line management.

Reaction score
Just buy it and casually hide it around the house somewhere. She'll never notice!

Reaction score
It would be kind of cool to own, but I think your wife or girlfriend might question your coolness if you bought this. You could hide it, but it might lead to an awkward situation if she finds it.

Reaction score
It would be kind of cool to own, but I think your wife or girlfriend might question your coolness if you bought this. You could hide it, but it might lead to an awkward situation if she finds it.
I showed my wife and she told me to buy it :) and yes, she is the best :)

Reaction score
Showed my wife and she said dont know about the rest of the line but a stormtrooper might be cool....

Wonders never cease to amaze...

GGC

Reaction score
Have we gotten any word yet of price for this guy?
Greg said that they will not release that info yet, he know's it but they are not ready to reveal so they have a price point in mind but my guess is they are waiting until it's 100% solid before announcing. It has had a great response from both fans and dealers so I think this one will be a hit.

Reaction score
Greg said that they will not release that info yet, he know's it but they are not ready to reveal so they have a price point in mind but my guess is they are waiting until it's 100% solid before announcing. It has had a great response from both fans and dealers so I think this one will be a hit.
How accurate can the response be without a price tag? I love this and plan on getting it as long as its $1,000 or less. If its over $1,000 it's still pretty cool but I might pass. If its over $2,000 I hate it and it wouldn't be worth it ;)

Reaction score
Showed my wife and she said dont know about the rest of the line but a stormtrooper might be cool....

Wonders never cease to amaze...
This is so true -

I laughed when my wife gave the go ahead for this. I started thinking about the days I would hide the 2 or 3 figures I purchased from the Saga line in my closet.

I guess like anything else, when you live with something for so long it grows on you.

I think it helps when you have a 2 year old who is already completely obsessed with SW, so all the expensive items are bought for "our son" :whistling:

Reaction score
My favorite Kenner figure ever was Yoda with the orange snake. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Gentle Giant, produce him!!!! I promise I'll buy one!!!!