Life-Size Jumbo Vintage Kenner Stormtrooper Statue

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This Stormtrooper is the first in a whole series of new Life-size statues. It's articulated just like the original vintage figure and is made of fiberglass with a removable blaster. Darth Vader will be coming as well complete with a vinyl cape and telescoping lightsaber! These will ship assembled in a crate.

Reaction score
Curious that there's a "series" and I wonder what that entails. There simply can't be a market for them to make more than a handful... not enough people have the space. I could probably talk myself into a Vader and Stormy and definitely an R2 if the price is right. But even then... probably could only swing one of the three just due to space limitations.

Reaction score
One of these (maybe not the stormy) would be nice piece in my collection. How much?

Reaction score
I want that blaster. Holy smokes.

Can they just make the weapons? :)

The short list I would consider:

Stormtrooper
Artoo Detoo

And, of course, a scaled, motorized Patrol Dewback to drive to work.

GNT

Reaction score
Want!

I can imagine the shipping on this one to here, would be crazy prices I reckon.

Reaction score
WOW!!!!! I want!!!!!!! I would love any of the following: Boba Fett, Stormtrooper, Vader, Obi Wan, Luke

Reaction score
I'm sooo in... I always wanted to manufacture a life-size Tantive IV corridor section that would be a great backdrop for Vader, Stormtrooper, B.Fett, C-3PO and R2 (keeping my fingers crossed). :O)

Reaction score
I never could get behind, or support the Vintage Jumbo line, these...yes these...ole Beek could entertain getting.

A couple of these standing in the man cave would be completely amazing.

Reaction score
I want that blaster. Holy smokes.

Can they just make the weapons? :)
I was thinking the same thing! Obviously not all of them--nobody(?) needs a General Madine baton--but a handful of the most iconic weapons would be mind-blowing...the "Han" blaster, Rebel Blaster, Imperial Blaster, the lightsabers, and maybe Chewie's bowcaster.

And speaking of Chewie, that's who I wouldn't be able to say "no" to in this life-size series.

Reaction score
I think price is going to prohibit me from getting 2, 1 for each side of the TV. As long as the price is realistic I will buy 1 Stormtrooper and hopefully they make more so I can grab a Fett or Vader or Gamorrean Guard or Yak or Yoda etc etc for the other side :) If a 12" figure costs $80 then one six times the size should be around $480 ;)

Reaction score
I'm buying it, don't care how, but I will make it happen. The only thing that would stop me would be a Chewie announcement.

Reaction score
Love this idea and will certainly pick up the Vader. Won't even look at the price.

Reaction score
I predict between at least $1500-2000. I can't believe some people think this will sell for as low as $400-800. No way in hell will it be that cheap. And that's not even counting the insane shipping fee that will be tacked on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Price will keep me from buying but I'd totally go for a Threepio if they made him and I found some money!

GGC

Reaction score
No less than $799 is my gut feeling.
When I saw the pics to tease last night I thought $800-$1200, when compared to the other life size items they have done, the materials, cost and tooling - They did say it would ship in a crate full assembled so that means freight so add on another $100 for west coasters and $200-$300 for east coasters and I think landed we will be in the 1k to 1500 ball park.

Mauricio

Reaction score
When I saw the pics to tease last night I thought $800-$1200, when compared to the other life size items they have done, the materials, cost and tooling - They did say it would ship in a crate full assembled so that means freight so add on another $100 for west coasters and $200-$300 for east coasters and I think landed we will be in the 1k to 1500 ball park.
I would rather get the EFX Stormtrooper replica... ;)

Vintage figures are nice, but to have them lifesize would be something awkward...

Reaction score
This is very cool and tempting.

They're still painting the brow trim above the eyes wrong though, aren't they?

Reaction score
Yeah I'm guessing in the $3k to $5k range.
I was only joking when I said $480 but if these are anywhere close to $5,000 it would be a total ripoff! These should be $500 so Gentle Giant can still over charge at $1,000 and do well. A penny over a grand is to much.

Last edited: