lexington ky finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Cool...I may have to go pick one of thosse up this weekend.

And thanks again DarthBryax for the Dooku.

Reaction score
hey guys your going to play hell getting a new walmart dvd stand up walmart employee are picking them up damn them and let me tell you there phat

Reaction score
we haven't been to a wal-mart in a few days. we haven't seen them. tru gets a truck tonight, maybe something new will come in for a change.

Reaction score
sorry guys- the tru truck was switched to friday- i dont know of that is permanent or not. at least this week the truck will come in on friday.

Reaction score
oh yeah we went by the halloween express today and i got a rubies lightsaber they went up in price there are 12.99 now ans tru had nothing but crap but they did that to capt americas whick are really kool

Reaction score
Hey guys, I check your board every now-and-then to see whats hitting, and I know you'll be interested in this:

The manager of the Clarksville, Indiana TRU (Nick) just informed us it’s official:

“I finally have official details about the 25th anniversary silver R2D2. It will be in the Big Book ad that comes out on November 3rd. It will be free with a $19.99 Hasbro Star Wars purchase and there will be a limit of one per customer. It looks like each store in our area will get around 700 figures. “

I saw this on the Louisville KY board on theforce.net. I have met Nick in person a few times, and he’s a huge Star Wars collector, so I’m sure this is accurate! I'm sure they'll hit Lexington on Nov. 3 too!

Reaction score
Stopped at TRU on the way in to work this morning. They had a whole big bunch of nothing.

[ 10-25-2002, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: DarthMushy ]

Reaction score
Hamburg Meijers has NOTHING too. BOO!!!! Well I'm going to Florida on the 5th if theres anything you all are looking for post it nad I'll look when I'm there.

Reaction score
were any of you all at tru this morning when they opened?? we were. they had the jango pilot and a padme pilot.
tlee- the meijer in hamburg has jason x.
we just got back from richmond. the kb has the playskool naboo starfighter set. no 12" clonetrooper exclusives.

Reaction score
Man I hate that. I ws jsut there yesterday and all they had ws the 2 T@ figs and Wishmaster. They must've put out a new case overnight.

G

Hey made a run today and the only place with new stuff was TRU but i hit the jackpot...found Jango pilot,Tusken w/massiff ,Watto , Padme attack, and Lott Dod. now all i need is clone pilot and Ephot mon. they had at least one of each of what i listed above. and as far as the R2 goes the manager i talked to had no idea what i was talking about. he just looked at me funny and told me to check back next week. I couldve kicked him in the head!!!!!

Reaction score
well anouther one i missed man i think im getting old or losing my touch and good find barx

Reaction score
the toys r us in lex well be giving out the r2s on they have no idea =( so i guess we can get there on saturday early or sunday early

G

Hey guys i just called TRU about an hour ago and they told me everything is a go for sunday!!! SO be sure to get yours!!!!

Reaction score
Hey Lex sw collectors....

TeamRico from Louisville Finds.....said he snagged the Silver R2 from the Dixie Hwy TRU already.

Did you guys/gals check to see if your TRU is doing the same?

Reaction score
i think my husband is going to be at tru saturday and sunday when they open. just to be safe. we don't want to miss this one.
no- i haven't heard of anyone getting an early one yet.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that I got my Silver R2 tonight as well, from the same Dixie Highway Louisville store Teamrico did. However, just incase you guys are worried (I posted this on Louisville forum too) toysrus.com is selling the Silver R2 right now for $9.99. Here is the link: web page

Good luck everyone!!!!!

Drew724

Reaction score
EPHANT MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GUNSHIP PILOT AND CLEAN SHAVEN ENDOR SOLDIER. AT THE RICHMOND ROAD WAL-MART. THEY ALSO LOTT DODD, TUSKEN WITH MASSIF, THE NEW ANAKIN AND PADME. TEEMTO AND KI ADI MUNDI. ALL THE NEWEST WAVES! WE GOT AN EPHANT MON TO OPEN AND ONE TO GO INTO THE COLLECTION. HE IS SO HEAVY, AND HIS MOUTH OPENS AND CLOSES. HE DOESN'T STAND VERY WELL THOUGH. STILL- VERY COOL! I AM HAPPY!

G

hey watto...post if you find anything at Tru in the morning.nice finds!!

Reaction score
Well, I was going to TRU this morning with Wysh but I'm sick as hell so I;m not. So I ordered 2 R2s off TRU.com and the grand total was $24.15. Can't beat that, esp. since I'm sick and I don't wanna go out til I have to go to work. Not too shabby.

Reaction score
R2-D2!! tru gave him to us today, with a $19.99 purchase. they also have the new wave minus ephant mon. he's only two per case. the r2 is cool though, and it's in perfect condition. he rings up as a penny on the receipt.

Reaction score
ARG! Wysh and I were the first ones at the counter at TRU this morning, and they told us NO when we asked about the R2s. I also didn't see any new figures, either. What the heck? Where were they?

I picked them all up at Wal-Mart this morning, anyway, including Ephant.

[ 11-02-2002, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: DarthMushy ]

G

hey Watto who did you get it from because i just called and they told me no about today. then the guy told me they were limited and if i didnt get one tomarrow they weren't gettng anymore. So i think ill just order it online!

Reaction score
I ordered one online... only $9.99, so I don't have to buy a bunch more stuff at TRU that I already have.

Reaction score
the guy that gave the r2 to us was dark tan, mustache, glasses, dark hair, in his forties. sorry i didn't get his name, i was too busy looking at the r2. he told us they only had 4 in total. the new figs were on the main star wars wall, near the hot wheels. i don't know what the problem is with the r2, they were nice to us.

Reaction score
at target (both targets)- they have the new deluxes. the force flipping anakin, and the genosian with pod. no sign of the speeder bike though. we've had 2 good days for star wars toys, new figs, silver r2, and the new deluxes. finally.

Reaction score
i forgot- the hamburg target has the figs for $2.99 each. i assume that the other target does as well.

G

They have they same promotion online so i ordered a couple figures i needed and got the r2 for free
Does Amazon pack the figures well???? Does anyone know??? Thanks

G

watto did you type that right? You said they only got 4 total? is that what you said?

Reaction score
yep- that's what the guy told us- he said they had an extremely limited amount- only 4. i couldn't tell you if the guy is right or if he is a moron. but he brought them out to the cash register and sure enough he had only 4. i would hope that they would have more for the actual sunday thing. i hope you all can get one, r2 looks sharp! and fits just fine into a star case.
kmart has basic figs for $3.

Reaction score
we stopped by the hamburg target to see if the other deluxe was there. they have 3 deluxe anakins left. the richmond road wal- mart still has a lott dodd, jango pilot, and watto. they should match the $3 ad that kmart is running. hamburg meijers had nothing new at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.