Leia - Jedi Training Flashback (TROS) Speculation

GNT

Reaction score
According to Yakface.com we should be seeing Leia Jedi Training Flashback from Rise of Skywalker in the Black Series in the near future .

Any thoughts on seeing this figure? Who would pick her up?

Reaction score
I will definitely pick her up, this is the only way to get her lightsaber. It’s possible she will have a new headsculpt or maybe they will reuse the Endor one.

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for a good Leia figure. I've greatly limited my sequel trilogy collecting but if this comes out looking good then I'll gladly pick it up.

(hmm, deja vu)

Reaction score
15841990308ssss2268413.jpg

56369c10-7a60-11ea-a6df-d15148b487fb
\
^actually billie lourd playing leia for the film 😮

Reaction score
I’m more likely to pick this up than Luke. I’ve got more than enough Lukes. But I don’t have a Leia with a saber.

Reaction score
I’m more likely to pick this up than Luke. I’ve got more than enough Lukes. But I don’t have a Leia with a saber.
I loved the concept of this flashback in TROS - one of the highlights of the movie for me. But I thought the chosen garb for these characters in training was odd. Helmets are cool but the rest of their respective get-ups is meh to me. However, as you said, this is how we can get the 1:12 Leia saber, so it's a must-buy. Hopefully I will appreciate the execution of the figures overall.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I loved the concept of this flashback in TROS - one of the highlights of the movie for me. But I thought the chosen garb for these characters in training was odd. Helmets are cool but the rest of their respective get-ups is meh to me. However, as you said, this is how we can get the 1:12 Leia saber, so it's a must-buy. Hopefully I will appreciation the execution of the figures overall.
One will likely be a Target exclusive, the other a Walmart...

Reaction score
REposting from the Luke version of this thread.

Yeah, this seems like a really odd choice, honestly.

I'm happy for those that want Leia/Luke Jedi Training figures.

But like, REALLY?

This is what Hasbro comes up with for new Luke and Leia figures?

Reaction score
REposting from the Luke version of this thread.

Yeah, this seems like a really odd choice, honestly.

I'm happy for those that want Leia/Luke Jedi Training figures.

But like, REALLY?

This is what Hasbro comes up with for new Luke and Leia figures?
Sure but there’s a Yavin Ceremony Leia coming too and Luke figures are a dime a dozen.

Reaction score
So like, I own all three of the SW trilogies on DVD/blu ray, as well as Rogue One and Solo and continuously rewatch all of these feature films every couple of years going back to the dawning of the VCR.

I'd gladly take a bunch of background characters from the Sequel Trilogy over 'jedi training flashbacks' of Luke and Leia?
As other's have noted, we've got plenty of Luke and Leias at this point.
Just give us some more new unique figures?
Or just give us Yavin and Bespin gowns at least?

These jedi training figures just seem like a waste of time/integral spots in each new wave to me, and I own over 300 figures at this point.
As much as someone may say 'hey, that's kinda cool looking' -
is anyone really clamoring for jedi training flashback figures??
As much as they are for a myriad of other more "important" figures?

Is Hasbro going to drag out the production of figures that collectors REALLY WANT vs the production of these (in my opinion) oddball hyper deep cut figures that no one has really asked for?

Last edited:
Reaction score
So like, I own all three of the SW trilogies on DVD/blu ray, as well as Rogue One and Solo and continuously rewatch all of these feature films every couple of years going back to the dawning of the VCR.

I'd gladly take a bunch of background characters from the Sequel Trilogy over 'jedi training flashbacks' of Luke and Leia?

I'd gladly take a bunch of foreground characters from the Sequel Trilogy. Still don't have Poe or Finn's looks from the third film in the series (arguably the best costumes for both of them, even if I wasn't much of a fan of the film itself). And it's straight-up toy negligence that there hasn't been a PhotoReal Adam Driver figure billed as either Kylo Ren or Ben Solo.

And if they wanted to stick wit OT characters from the sequel trilogy...old Lando? Crait Luke? Either of Leia's main TLJ looks? Or her TROS one? Or the TROS Emperor? Heck, an updated Old Han billed in his TROS vision scene would be welcome.

Is Hasbro going to drag out the production of figures that collectors REALLY WANT vs the production of these (in my opinion) oddball hyper deep cut figures that no one has really asked for?

This may be the rub. I'm generally pro-ST and I want more figures from it. But a lot of the ones that were put out in the line over the past few years did pegwarm and end up selling well under asking. Maybe that's because the movies aren't loved, or that those who love the movies aren't TBS collectors, or that many of those figures came out before the PhotoReal upgrades, or that they were over-produced, or that they were distributed poorly...there are lots of circles they could run around in.

But there is an argument that collectors don't "really want" more from the sequels. I'm not sure I would go that far -- but I think the takeaway, is that they are not emphasizing characters from the sequels right now. Some may say they'll never come back...I bet that they're more lying fallow, and will be brought back into the line as we approach the 10th anniversary of TFA...which will be enough time to wash away the retail memory of old pegwarmers while also trying to catch the potential first wave of nostalgia purchases by adults who were kids when the movie came out.

For now, we are getting "sequel trilogy" releases that are just reskins of existing figures. It may not be what you and I want, but it's what Hasbro thinks people want from that movie.

Reaction score
I'm really surprised at the lack of interest in both of these figures. I get it, a lot of folks don't like the ST, but this scene was easily one of the highlights of TROS for me. Ah well, I guess they won't be hard to find if no one else wants them...

Reaction score
I'm really surprised at the lack of interest in both of these figures. I get it, a lot of folks don't like the ST, but this scene was easily one of the highlights of TROS for me. Ah well, I guess they won't be hard to find if no one else wants them...
I would have better enjoyed a movie of them just running through the woods for 90 minutes.

Reaction score
I'd gladly take a bunch of foreground characters from the Sequel Trilogy. Still don't have Poe or Finn's looks from the third film in the series (arguably the best costumes for both of them, even if I wasn't much of a fan of the film itself). And it's straight-up toy negligence that there hasn't been a PhotoReal Adam Driver figure billed as either Kylo Ren or Ben Solo.

And if they wanted to stick wit OT characters from the sequel trilogy...old Lando? Crait Luke? Either of Leia's main TLJ looks? Or her TROS one? Or the TROS Emperor? Heck, an updated Old Han billed in his TROS vision scene would be welcome.

This may be the rub. I'm generally pro-ST and I want more figures from it. But a lot of the ones that were put out in the line over the past few years did pegwarm and end up selling well under asking. Maybe that's because the movies aren't loved, or that those who love the movies aren't TBS collectors, or that many of those figures came out before the PhotoReal upgrades, or that they were over-produced, or that they were distributed poorly...there are lots of circles they could run around in.

But there is an argument that collectors don't "really want" more from the sequels. I'm not sure I would go that far -- but I think the takeaway, is that they are not emphasizing characters from the sequels right now. Some may say they'll never come back...I bet that they're more lying fallow, and will be brought back into the line as we approach the 10th anniversary of TFA...which will be enough time to wash away the retail memory of old pegwarmers while also trying to catch the potential first wave of nostalgia purchases by adults who were kids when the movie came out.

For now, we are getting "sequel trilogy" releases that are just reskins of existing figures. It may not be what you and I want, but it's what Hasbro thinks people want from that movie.
Omg you’re right we don’t even have a proper photo real Adam Driver! This will not do Hasbro. Not at all.

Reaction score
I'd rather have these two than anyone still "missing" from the prequels and over any one-scene background alien.

I liked the sequel trilogy more as they were coming out than I do now that that story is done, but I'd still buy the main cast in their TROS outfits instantly. All the heroes had their best looks in this film. To me, getting a new versions of post-ROTJ Leia and Luke is a win all around.

Reaction score

Don't worry, you'll get a little competition - the FOMO is strong in this collector family :)

Reaction score
Don't worry, you'll get a little competition - the FOMO is strong in this collector family :)

Absolutely true. I can write all I want about other options they could have gone with, but I'll preorder these the day they go up. I'm far too weak to skip them.

Reaction score
I’d also love to pick up flashback trainers of Leia and Luke!

These would make good ‘years in between’ OT and ST figures, for rip-roaring lengendary adventures of the Skywalker twins!

Reaction score
Of course I'll end up buying the Jedi Training Leia figure. It's Leia wielding a lightsaber. It's proof that she also could have been a Jedi. She choose not to go down that path.

I'm going to get it just for the lightsaber. It better not be a ****ing convention exclusive though.

Make both figures available to everybody Hasbro!