Leia in Endor Gear - #191

bac

Reaction score
I never once saw a GI Joe Retro shipper in a Walmart as I'm sure someone or someones cleaned them out, display and all, so I highly doubt I'll see one of these either.

Reaction score
I saw one of those shipper/side of the end cap today filled with 6” Bo Katan, Bad Batch Hunter & Imperial Trooper.

Haven’t seen any of the new TVC yet.

Reaction score
I saw one of those shipper/side of the end cap today filled with 6” Bo Katan, Bad Batch Hunter & Imperial Trooper.

Haven’t seen any of the new TVC yet.
So the shipper is for 50th Anniversary TVC figures and they fill it out with Black Series boxes? Unless the BS boxes are also labeled 50th anniversary? I don’t collect BS so I don’t know. But it is Walmart so not surprised.

Reaction score
There is a 3rd shipping media that Walmart is using now that you missed: A plain (not bubbled) plastic envelope with no other filler/protection inside. I got my Leia today inside that. :eek:

Again, that is what we get with free shipping.

I just don't understand Walmart and their shipping practices. One would think that with all of us getting free shipping, they would want to save themselves as much money as possible. Packing an order of six figures all in one box and sending ONE package, compared to all of us getting 4, 5, 6 packages. I checked all of my deliveries so far, and all three of the bubble mailers came from the same location! Why wouldn't they just put my three figures in a box, and send it out?

Reaction score
I just don't understand Walmart and their shipping practices. One would think that with all of us getting free shipping, they would want to save themselves as much money as possible. Packing an order of six figures all in one box and sending ONE package, compared to all of us getting 4, 5, 6 packages. I checked all of my deliveries so far, and all three of the bubble mailers came from the same location! Why wouldn't they just put my three figures in a box, and send it out?
It’s simple really:

601AF5B9-D7D7-4188-BF66-71687DA1D172.jpeg

Reaction score
Well, Paploo arrived a couple of days ago completely crushed and warped, and Leia has been lost in transit for a couple of days. I’m thinking this wave is cursed for me!

Reaction score
My sample showed up this afternoon on an almost perfectly mint card, but with no blaster!

When I opened her up, I gave her a close-enough blaster from another Leia figure.

Attachments

• 1CD7E322-297D-4A98-8E35-5F5B7781F63C.jpeg
    1CD7E322-297D-4A98-8E35-5F5B7781F63C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
Reaction score
My sample showed up this afternoon on an almost perfectly mint card, but with no blaster!

When I opened her up, I gave her a close-enough blaster from another Leia figure.
I would have left it sealed, lately error figs have been selling for a premium.

Reaction score
Gotta love factory errors.:rolleyes: How was yours packaged? Box? Padded envelope? The card looks unscathed.

Reaction score
One of my Leia figures finally arrived. Was forced into a box slightly too small for the card.:cautious:

Card was bowed and upper corner had significant damage, but bubble was unscathed. Was able to use my patented 'bend-back' technique to make the card flat again though, heh. No way to fix that corner though. *sigh* Hope to find a better sample in-store eventually, but chances are this will be the one that remains in my carded collection.

20210701_152256-1.jpg
20210701_153039-1.jpg
20210701_153026-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
They sent me figures in 5 separate shipments. One was in the envelope the rest were boxed. Several were just the one figure.

Reaction score
received my 2 Endor Leia, 2 AT-ST Drivers and 1 Paploo are minty fresh from Walmart last Wednesday. I really wish that Hasbro had packaged the Leia on a POTF card and included a coin as I have 2 Vintage Kenner ones ( 1 on a Jedi Card and 1 on a POTF card) as well as the Saga collection ROTJ Leia Endor. I think the 50th wave would have been the perfect time to release these on the POTF cards.

Reaction score
Received my second Leia yesterday in an unpadded plastic bag. To say the package was obliterated would be an understatement. Even the helmet got smushed! Figure was fine, luckily. Made it easy to choose which one I'd open though! Already got a full refund from Walmart. Until they can learn to package these things properly, I'll make sure they eat the cost of my damaged figures every single time, regardless of whether or not I'm opening them.

20210705_155525-1.jpg
AirBrush_20210705165709.jpg
20210705_155701-1.jpg

Reaction score
Received my second Leia yesterday in an unpadded plastic bag. To say the package was obliterated would be an understatement. Even the helmet got smushed! Figure was fine, luckily. Made it easy to choose which one I'd open though! Already got a full refund from Walmart. Until they can learn to package these things properly, I'll make sure they eat the cost of my damaged figures every single time, regardless of whether or not I'm opening them.

The first time, I got a $25 gift card. The second time, I got a full refund and an additional $5.00 gift card. I'm not afraid to get online chat with someone at all concerning their crap shipping practices.

Reaction score

View attachment 393780
View attachment 393781
View attachment 393782
Is that a carded action figure or a modern art masterpiece?

Reaction score
Wow, what's your guys ratio of free figures to actually paying for them? lol :p

Just because you don't chutzpah to complain and get some free **** doesn't mean you have to be passive aggressive at those that do.

Reaction score
I did not read the message as passive aggressive at all. Must be my medication.

I wasn't referring to that exact post. The guy has a habit of throwing shade at those that complain and get gift cards etc because it's apparently bad for the hobby or something

Reaction score
Wow, what's your guys ratio of free figures to actually paying for them? lol :p

When it comes to Walmart specifically? I'd say it's 50/50 for me.
I ordered two each of Leia and Paploo, two arrived in imperfect but salvageable condition, and two were FUBAR'd. Got refunded for the effed-up ones.

Same with the Din/Grogu set from last year; ordered two, one came w/out the promo pin, contacted them to simply inquire about it, and they refunded one of the figures w/out even asking.

Have also gotten Amazon to refund a bunch of mangled figures in recent years. They rarely push back. It's the principal of the matter, IMO. Even if I'm going to open an item, I don't pay for it to arrive looking like it got run over by a MAC truck.

Reaction score
The condition of that Leia is utter nonsense. The retailers obviously don’t care AT ALL. It never has been this bad for us before, even as online buyers. 😖.

Reaction score
Whether we're going to enshrine the figure in a museum or light it on fire, the retailer needs to provide us with a quality product, especially if that product is an exclusive. If we are forced to deal with a specific retailer, that retailer needs to be forced to execute at a certain level.

I'd consider complaining to Hasbro but I'd be better off yelling into a bag of Doritos. Hasbro got their money from WM so they don't care how poorly the distribution is carried out.

Reaction score
Whether we're going to enshrine the figure in a museum or light it on fire, the retailer needs to provide us with a quality product, especially if that product is an exclusive.

Exactly my feeling on the matter. I collect both carded and loose when it comes to TVC, but I don't just rip open the ones that I open. I carefully remove the bubble w/ an x-acto knife, and save the cards. Mental illness or not, that's what I choose to do.😅 So yeah, I expect things I buy to arrive in somewhat decent condition. If you send me something that looks like it was used as a door stop for the better part of a decade, I'm going to get my money back.

I'd consider complaining to Hasbro but I'd be better off yelling into a bag of Doritos. Hasbro got their money from WM so they don't care how poorly the distribution is carried out.

Reaction score
Whether we're going to enshrine the figure in a museum or light it on fire, the retailer needs to provide us with a quality product, especially if that product is an exclusive. If we are forced to deal with a specific retailer, that retailer needs to be forced to execute at a certain level.

I agree 100%, we are paying for the packaging when we buy the item.