Leia in Endor Gear - #191

Reaction score
I'm two states above you. Crazy why mine would ship from as far east as GA!! Anyways, back to praying they arrive in decent condition....

Reaction score
Finally got the ship notice for my 2 AT-ST drivers and Lea. 3 different boxes from 3 different locations. That is efficiency at its finest.
Follow up- looks like my 3 figures all shipped from the same location in Florida. All 3 were sent in different shipments and all 3 were shipped in bubble envelopes. It’s a wonder they got here in 1 piece. 1 of the cards is warped pretty badly.

If I was a carded collector I’d be pretty miffed.

Reaction score
I cringed when I saw three padded bubble mailers. What scares me even more is I still have two figures on the way. None available for replacement, of course. I only wanted what most of us want. One to open, one carded. Fingers crossed the other two arrive in better shape. Somehow, I doubt it!

View attachment 391560
My Leia showed up like that as well but with more bubble crushing. Glad to see how much care Walmart gives their exclusives.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I cringed when I saw three padded bubble mailers. What scares me even more is I still have two figures on the way. None available for replacement, of course. I only wanted what most of us want. One to open, one carded. Fingers crossed the other two arrive in better shape. Somehow, I doubt it!

View attachment 391560
yea...... thats the same story here. padded envelopes or very small boxes. Had I not ordered as many as did for each character I would have struck out completely. But I will keep ordering multiples until these retailers figure out how to accommodate their customers.

When I returned all the damaged ones to Wal-Mart today, the lady asked me was there anything wrong with them. I said nothing wrong with the toy but the presentation is a turn off and showed her the smashed bubbles and bent cards. She told me, "well, you know, we want you happy as a customer so I understand".

Reaction score
Now that I have this figure in hand, I must admit that she doesn’t look as much like a strung-out bobblehead as I thought! It’s a realistic take. She is, however, really tiny—essentially kid-sized, like one of those Padawans. I’m still conflicted.

Reaction score
Mine came a few days ago from Walmart, very nice figure.

Reaction score
It's nice to have this figure and the new head sculpt is great...but overall this is just not a great figure. Soft goods at this scale suck and are even worse on such a petite character.

Reaction score
The likeness on this version is remarkably better than the VTSC release. And the softgoods look much better. The comparison photos of the new TVC release and the VTSC version are a stark illustration of that.

But I agree regarding the size of the figure - such a smaller human figure makes some features and articulation more difficult to execute. Wrist and ankle articulation are more challenging in this size - there's just so much less material to work with and have durable joints. I have yet to open the one I received since I'm waiting to see the condition of the second one that I ordered.

Reaction score
I'm two states above you. Crazy why mine would ship from as far east as GA!! Anyways, back to praying they arrive in decent condition....
Yeah, I'm west coast as well, and both my Leias also shipped from GA... and have been delayed in Kansas for the past couple days. If they've been shipped in bubble mailers... :eek: And if they've been shipped in boxes... well, still a pretty good chance of :eek:

Reaction score
So my Leia figures have been stuck in OR for the past three days it seems. For those not aware, the Pacific Northwest (which includes Washington state and Oregon), was just hit with a crippling heatwave that shattered all existing records. I recorded temps of 107 degrees in the greater Seattle area yesterday, and news said it was even hotter in Oregon. The heat actually melted some power lines here, and caused several roads to buckle and crack, making them impassable. That does not bode well for the state of my figures at this point. 😑

Now, I know that in situations like this, where people are suffering and even dying due to extreme temperatures, action figures are small potatoes. And trust me; Star Wars toys were the least of my concerns these past 72 hours. That said, this is a Star Wars toy site, and there are plenty of collectors here from the PNW (hope y'all survived the heat), so it's worth discussing.

And yeah, 'first world problems' and all that, but it would be a bummer to wait all these months only to eventually receive a box of melted/warped Leia figures.

Reaction score
My Leia came today inside an plastic envelope (not even bubbled) and she was still in very good shape. It’s a shame as I ripped it open and now sits in my Endor display. I will use the old one with no poncho displayed as General Leia in the tactical briefing table display.

Reaction score
Leia number 2 arrived today. But I had no idea it was delivered until I checked my email. We have multiple FedEx drivers in my area, and while I have a SIGN on my front porch asking to please deliver packages to my side porch, one of them still thinks it's just fine to toss stuff on the front steps anyway. I usually see them, but not when they fall off and land UNDER the porch! Jackass...... Anyway, like my Paploo, this one was jammed in a box just a little too small. It's the better of the two, so I'll keep this one carded and try to flatten it out as best I can.

20210629_212031.jpg

Reaction score
So my Leia figures have been stuck in OR for the past three days it seems. For those not aware, the Pacific Northwest (which includes Washington state and Oregon), was just hit with a crippling heatwave that shattered all existing records. I recorded temps of 107 degrees in the greater Seattle area yesterday, and news said it was even hotter in Oregon. The heat actually melted some power lines here, and caused several roads to buckle and crack, making them impassable. That does not bode well for the state of my figures at this point. 😑

Now, I know that in situations like this, where people are suffering and even dying due to extreme temperatures, action figures are small potatoes. And trust me; Star Wars toys were the least of my concerns these past 72 hours. That said, this is a Star Wars toy site, and there are plenty of collectors here from the PNW (hope y'all survived the heat), so it's worth discussing.

And yeah, 'first world problems' and all that, but it would be a bummer to wait all these months only to eventually receive a box of melted/warped Leia figures.

Oof -- yeah, probably the last place in the country you'd want your small plastic collectibles stored the last few days is in Oregon. As you say, it's far from the world's top priority. But still, I hope your figures got crammed near an AC duct at the storage facility.

(And I hope you and yours, as well as anyone else in the PNW, are holding up as well as possible.)

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm west coast as well, and both my Leias also shipped from GA... and have been delayed in Kansas for the past couple days. If they've been shipped in bubble mailers... :eek: And if they've been shipped in boxes... well, still a pretty good chance of :eek:

I bet our figures are in the same bin awaiting some type of movement. Also CA and also have figs stuck in KS.

Reaction score

View attachment 391560
Ouch. Mine arrived boxed. At least Walmart is consistently inconsistent, as ever.

Reaction score
There is a 3rd shipping media that Walmart is using now that you missed: A plain (not bubbled) plastic envelope with no other filler/protection inside. I got my Leia today inside that. :eek:

Again, that is what we get with free shipping.

Reaction score
Oh. Huh. I did type 'bubble mailers', didn't I? I think I meant 'envelopes' because 2 out of the 3 shipments I've received have been in those unpadded branded Walmart envelopes. Not sure why I would've given Walmart more credit than they deserved by presuming my Leias might possibly arrive in padded mailers. :ROFLMAO:
Again, that is what we get with free shipping.
If paid shipping provides a better protected product, I'll be able to let you all know in ~September when the next three 50th anniv. / OG 96 figures ship. Due to the staggered timing with that preorder rollout, I ended up placing separate orders, none of which totaled enough to qualify for free shipping. Realizing my mistake shortly after placing the final of the 3 orders, I briefly thought to cancel them all and then reorder again in just one transaction... but I was afraid doing so would confuse Walmart, so left the orders alone.

Reaction score
I will absolutely never see anything like that in my Walmarts.
Me either - but I'm going to start going to a Wallyworld that is about 10 minutes further down the highway from me that is nicer, cleaner, and better stocked. And the few times I've been there, they've actually had things (not star wars, but others, like Retro Joes). Hopefully I catch this.

Reaction score
That is about par for the course for a Walmart display. Even when brand new it's like 2 figures in each slot.