Leia in Endor Gear - #191

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro will be releasing Leia in Endor Gear in the Vintage Collection. Who will be picking up this figure?

Reaction score
This is the most exciting of the actual reveals for me, even if I really wish it was an all new mainline version. It's not as iconic or needed as ANH Leia, but I'm always glad to get Rebel leaders.

Hopefully this and Bespin Escape Leia can capture her likeness as well as some of the Lukes and Hans have.

Reaction score
Glad I am moving onto Hot Toys and reducing my Black Series and TVC purchases.
Death by a thousands cuts keeping up with all these repacks and not much value for your money.
Crappy cardbacks and no really great improvement to TVC is making it less enjoyable to collect them...

They have excelled in the Leia TVC sculpts like Boushh, and Yavin, so this one I def want...

Reaction score
I'm kinda...eh on this one. Cardback looks off with that logo and the figure is just ok. My purchase will depend on if it has a proper VC#.

Reaction score
Press Images.

From the photos, its hard to tell if that's a photo real likeness, doesn't seem like it to me. I'm always happy to get another Leia figure, and I'll surely buy another, but I'm a bit disappointed that these slight upgrades are what Hasbro considers good enough for TVC. I feel like they should put in a bit more effort for the pricepoint. What I'd really like to see is this figure retooled into Connix from TROS!

Reaction score
The new head and helmet go a long way. My old OTC version is hiding in the closet because of the unfortunate head sculpt. Excited to see reviews for this closer to release.

Reaction score
hm...this one has weird body, proportions, right? Don't get me wrong; anything that offers up more Endor Commando customization options is a win in my book, but I hope I'm not paying for a neat head and a poncho.

In terms of figure choices, WalMart has been killing it lately.

Reaction score
From the photos, its hard to tell if that's a photo real likeness, doesn't seem like it to me. I'm always happy to get another Leia figure, and I'll surely buy another, but I'm a bit disappointed that these slight upgrades are what Hasbro considers good enough for TVC. I feel like they should put in a bit more effort for the pricepoint. What I'd really like to see is this figure retooled into Connix from TROS!

Wow I must have totally missed that shot in TROS! Leave it to JJ to repeat again. lol

Now that doesn't mean I wouldn't want a Connix figure, or of the character behind her in white/cream colored flight suit.

Reaction score
Never got this figure (mostly because the head sucked), so I'm happy to see an improvement. Assuming the body is just a straight up OTC re-use, though...

Reaction score
After all the recent BS with Walmart and their exclusives.... Hasbro just hands them three more figures. This should be 100% frustration x 3

Reaction score
Urgh, I didn't realise this was using the giraffe necked OTC body. My hopes are now dashed that the Bespin Escape Leia will be all-new instead of an awkward jacketless Hoth Leia with new lower legs.

Reaction score
The moment they announced Endor Leia I envisioned a new Ewok Celebration Leia coming to TVC and was quickly let down. I am pleased to get this upgrade to replace the VTSC one and I did want this, but it was lower on my original 96 want list since we already have a decent one on a vintage card. I’ll be picking up 2 and hopefully 1 will arrive in nice shape.

Reaction score
I am buying 3 one to open, one to leave carded and one that will certainly be the smashed bubble creased card variant.

Be sure to order the first 3 on smashed bubble creased cards only so when that pre-order gets canceled it won't be a big deal. The you can just re-order them off the website 6 months later and get perfect cards shipped out in one day....Taa-daaaa! 🤖

Reaction score
Wal-Mart could also have an "Indefinite Storage" variant, where you preorder it online and then they keep it in a warehouse somewhere and never let you see it.

Reaction score
Does the "Indefinite storage version" come with the %5 off your figure sorry from Walmart Discount?... 🤖

Reaction score
This is a straight up repack of a 15 year old figure, with updated face print and new poncho deco, another Hasbro dupe if you ask me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Well the head and helmet are newly sculpted, but the rest appears to be old. It looks like they repainted the arms, poncho, and belt, but everything might be repainted once we see it without the poncho, because even the pants appear to be a slightly different shade. I agree that Hasbro is being cheap with a number of these repaint / retools. A figure like this (not unlike ceremony Leia), shows that they aren't investing in new tooling for whatever they deem "good enough" to release again. I do think the figure looks improved though.

Reaction score
*They probably should've just made Connix Leia's daughter.

Worst thing about the figure is the exposed knee joints. Still makes you wonder why they deleted the re-release Revan figure, when all they had to do was add a more accurate head/paint even if they did not want to add new legs. Just stupid.

Reaction score
Hasbro will be releasing Leia in Endor Gear in the Vintage Collection. Who will be picking up this figure?
Really excited for this one. But not at all excited about the "Walmart exclusive" part. Hopefully, the conversations "taking place" now will mitigate the preordering and shipping catastrophes from happening in the future.

GNT

Reaction score
For a new release Hasbro has taken it up a notch with this one, the face, belt and poncho look top notch. I was happy with the last release but this one looks a tad better.

The improvements are there

Reaction score
It’s obvious that many of the remaining 96 won’t be released unless they are repacks/repaints. It’s improved enough to get on card but still overall kind of cheap. Even so, I’ll buy it.